• Air Lock

Votes: 92 52.9%
  • No Ability

Votes: 82 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like getting rid of Shadow Sneak. I can't see how mummies can easily sneak around.

I imagine them ambushing things, though. That's why I think it should get Sucker Punch. Pursuit also makes sense because mummies chase things--also a possible allusion to The Mummy Returns... maybe.

I wish I had the time to sit down and write an entire movelist...

Will-o-wisp could kind of go both ways. The thing is, a will-o-wisp is a ghostly orb of light that appears over swamps. There are plenty of instances of swamp mummies, but this is a desert mummy, and I don't think it would have anything to do with anything so wet as a swamp. I personally don't like it for this pokemon.

The shedrest combo actually means that you have a 1/3 chance of waking on the first turn (yay), but the possible shed on the second turn is meaningless. Regardless of shed skin, it was going to be awake anyway; this just means that it is awake from the beginning of the turn (and thus possibly exposed to Twave).

Also, I really don't think we should give it any sound based attacks; bandaged not-really-mouth and all that.

And out of these three, two get WoW. I think Froslass misses it because she's the only Poke that evolves to be a ghost.

Acknowledged, but that does not mean that our Pokemon has to have Will-o-Wisp.

I see no law that says each and every Pokemon has to be as different as possible from each other. Infernape and Blaziken ftw.

Reversal and Baton Pass. Those two moves are comparable to Pain Split and Will-o-Wisp. I'm sorry, but Gamefreak did try to differentiate these two, it's just Blaziken was already meh and Infernape is just an all around amazing Pokemon.

And, plus, it's not like Will o' Wisp is going to be the thing that makes this a certifiable Dusknoir ripoff, plenty of things make this thing different as well. Most notably the seeming focus on offense over defense, if only a slight focus.

Incredibly slight focus. The focus on Offense equates to 5 more Base Attack and better STAB moves. Most proposed EV spreads so far have this Pokemon maxing its defenses much like Dusknoir. Will-o-Wisp will not make this a Dusknoir ripoff, but it comes very close. Adding Will-o-Wisp limits us in other, more widespread ways. I believe you would prefer the type coverage gained from the elemental punches over Will-o-Wisp, or maybe some recovery outside of Rest. I believe that sacking Will-o-Wisp is all we need to do to differentiate this from Dusknoir, and that's much easier than keeping Will-o-Wisp and limiting the rest of his movepool (like Shadow Sneak).

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Acknowledged, but that does not mean that our Pokemon has to have Will-o-Wisp.
On the flip side, it doesn't mean our Pokemon shouldn't have WoW.

Reversal and Baton Pass. Those two moves are comparable to Pain Split and Will-o-Wisp.
Or Shadow Sneak.

I'm sorry, but Gamefreak did try to differentiate these two
And are we not differentiating the mummy in other ways as well?

Will-o-Wisp will not make this a Dusknoir ripoff, but it comes very close.
And how exactly does that happen? Seems just a little bit vague.

I believe you would prefer the type coverage gained from the elemental punches over Will-o-Wisp
Aren't those big players on Noir movesets as well? And, really, mummy seems to be getting alternatively fun moves like Power Whip and Cross Chop, so, in some aspects, limiting would help encourage a break from Dusknoir.

I believe that sacking Will-o-Wisp is all we need to do to differentiate this from Dusknoir, and that's much easier than keeping Will-o-Wisp and limiting the rest of his movepool (like Shadow Sneak).
Well, what appears to be the easiest way isn't always the best way. Again, limiting could help encourage a pull away from Noir in the movepool department. And the inclusion of WoW doesn't necessarily suck his originality dry.

how about lets stop arguing over stupid "IT SOULD HAVE THIS MOVE" and lets work together on what move it sould have god you people need to stop being so fucking non hive minded D:

^ Fine, have it your way. A full list of attack this freaking creature could theoretically could use. Mind you, it just a list of moves that you could see this thing do and not a moveset of any kind.

Phyiscal Moves
--------------------
Hammer Arm
Arm Thrust
Mach Punch
Cross Chop
Bullet Punch
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Fire Punch
Sky Uppercut
Focus Punch
Shadow Punch
Force Palm
Shadow Sneak
Rock Tomb
Strength
Brick Break
Drain Punch
Close Combat
Dynamicpunch
Wake-Up Slap
Rock Smash
Revenge
Astonish
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Sand Tomb
Power Whip
Wrap
Bind
Knock Off(?)
Frustration
Natural Gift
Payback
Secret Power
Pursuit

Special Move
-------------------
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power
Focus Blast
Ancient Power
Earth Power
Confusion(?)
Dark Pulse(?)
Aura Sphere

Support
----------------
Bulk Up
Nasty Plot(?)
Hypnosis
Stealth Rock(?)
Substitute
Rest
Sand Storm
Block
Confuse Ray(?)
Curse
Grudge
Destiny Bond
Double Team
Disable
Glare
Imprison
Will-o-Wisp(Blame the fact it's a Ghost )
Taunt
Torment
Sleep Talk
Moonlight (What Bluekikatana said about it)
Morning Sun(Sun God)
Leer

There's a lot more but damn there's a lot of moves. D:

The shedrest combo actually means that you have a 1/3 chance of waking on the first turn (yay), but the possible shed on the second turn is meaningless. Regardless of shed skin, it was going to be awake anyway; this just means that it is awake from the beginning of the turn (and thus possibly exposed to Twave).
Just to clear something up about ShedResting.

Code:
Pokemon used Move!
Mummy used Rest!
(1/3 chance of waking)

Pokemon used Move!
Mummy was sound asleep!
(1/3 chance of waking)

Pokemon used Move!
Mummy was sound asleep!
(1/3 chance of waking)

Pokemon used Move!
Mummy woke up!
Mummy used Move!
That assumes Shed Skin doesn't kick in any of the 3 chances it has.

Just to clear something up about ShedResting.

Code:
Pokemon used Move!
Mummy used Rest!
(1/3 chance of waking)

Pokemon used Move!
Mummy was sound asleep!
(1/3 chance of waking)

Pokemon used Move!
Mummy was sound asleep!
(1/3 chance of waking)

Pokemon used Move!
Mummy woke up!
Mummy used Move!
That assumes Shed Skin doesn't kick in any of the 3 chances it has.
So assuming the above is true, the Pokemon with Shed Skin has about a 71% chance of waking up early. However, since Shed Skin happens at the end of turn, and the Pokemon is going to wake up at the beginning of the 4th turn anyway, the 1/3rd chance to wake up at the end of the 3rd turn really doesn't matter as the Pokemon is going to wake up at the beginning of the next turn anyway. This makes the relevant number about 56% chance for waking up early. Quite nice, I think.

1/3 (33.3%) chance of waking immediately after Resting.
5/9 (55.6%) chance of waking before the second turn of Rest.
19/27 (70.4%) chance of waking before normally waking up from Rest.

More often than not Mummy will benefit from Shed Skin and wake up before Rest is done. (The last odds are worth noting, but waking up right after the second turn of Rest seems to hurt more than it helps.)

EDIT: Didn't think I'd get beaten on that, but it's not like those are bad odds.

how about lets stop arguing over stupid "IT SOULD HAVE THIS MOVE" and lets work together on what move it sould have god you people need to stop being so fucking non hive minded D:
Statement double plus good. Pokemon do list rewrite fullwise. We love Big Brother.
---
Your post really doesn't make sense to me. How do you expect us to magically agree on what is good for this pokemon without arguing a case?

I really like to see what you guys are doing with the create a Pokemon at this community. Anyhow, here is my input on the moves I think this one should have. I will put in my input on some of the moves that were being mostly debated.

Level 1: Wrap
Level 1: Leer
Level 4: Astonish
Level 7: Curse (Mummy's are known to have curses)
Level 10: Mach Punch (will go great with Bulk Up)
Level 14: Scary Face
Level 19: Shadow Punch
Level 24: Mean Look
Level 29: Moon Light (I disagree with morning sun, and with it dwelling in the open desert, if anything its ghost type and mummy qualities means it would look for a temple as a dark refuge from the light/sun elements, since it's dead it would be more sensitive towards that.)
Level 35: Ancient Power or Earth Power (both would actually suit it)
Level 41: Glare
Level 44: Ice Punch (It's cold and dead, it should get this)
Level 48: Shadow Sneak (something else that will be great with Bulk Up)
Level 53: Cross Chop
Level 59: Sucker Punch
Level 66: Aura Sphere
Level 71: Bulk Up (it's made for this)
Level 75: Hammer Arm (it's alternate for close combat, that its arms seem suited for.)

Egg Moves:
Grudge
Imprison
Destiny Bond
Nasty Plot (if that evil looking ghost with bad spatk doesn't get this, there is no justice)
Pursuit (it needs to be able to have this, mummies are famous for pursuits)
Ominous Wind
Knock Off

TMs:
01 Focus Punch
06 Toxic
08 Bulk Up
10 Hidden Power
11 Sunny Day
12 Taunt
13 Ice Beam (Why should it be able to do punch and not beam too?)
15 Hyper Beam
17 Protect
18 Rain Dance
19 Giga Drain
21 Frustration
26 Earthquake
27 Return
30 Shadow Ball
31 Brick Break
32 Double Team
39 Rock Tomb
41 Torment
42 Facade
43 Secret Power
44 Rest (It's a mummy it's always resting, it should have this)
45 Attract
46 Thief
52 Focus Blast
53 Energy Ball
56 Fling
58 Endure
60 Drain Punch
61 Will-O-Wisp (I don't think this directly deals with the element of fire. I think the reason most ghosts get it is because it's more like a supernatural ghostly fire from the underworld, as is mostly what the word wisp comes from.)
63 Embargo
66 Payback
68 Giga Impact
70 Flash
77 Psyche Up
78 Captivate
79 Dark Pulse
80 Rock Slide
82 Sleep Talk
83 Natural Gift
87 Swagger
89 U-Turn (This mummy needs the help of some cool type of bug infested technique for sure)
90 Substitute
92 Trick Room
H4 Strength
H6 Rock Smash
H8 Rock Climb

B. Katana, most of what you wrote on that list looks good to me though the only thing that seem stange is Thief but mostly because Mummies aren't known to steal things.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Are you referring to the fact that Tomb Raider(s) are thief(ves) and snatched away all his belongings thus causing our mummy Pokemon to awaken from his rest. In frustration our Mummy goes out, pursuing those who do him wrong.
XD Yes, yes I am. In fact, I think that's what helped lead away from Pyramid-building. Not sure on the latter, though.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hyra, instead of putting up everyone's move pool, why dont you either put up what's different about each one, like if everyone has Cross Chop, just say that everyone has it at the top. Also, only list the moves that could be usable. This should save space on the next poll.

Hyra, instead of putting up everyone's move pool, why dont you either put up what's different about each one, like if everyone has Cross Chop, just say that everyone has it at the top. Also, only list the moves that could be usable. This should save space on the next poll.
Would make it easier to read too.

ENB

I still think Bandage Heal is a great idea, since there's no good tanks other than Milotic (who has a relatively tiny movepool and commercialized typing) has a slow-healing move. Mantine also has Aqua Ring but he is 4x weak to ThunderPunch (electric moves), and a not-that-great HP/Def. This thing is definitely both offensive and defensive like Swampert, along with the ability to slow-heal, Rest if needed, and set up Stealth Rock.

No Earthquake is because Dusknoir and Swampert can both Earthquake, and also other 300 or so Pokemon. It's not too practical for it to be able to learn Earthquake as it is a commercialized move. We can have a change here.

Also, no healing moves such as Recover, Moonlight, Morning Sun and Synthesis because those moves will kick out Dusknoir and possibly Spiritomb, and according to the winning poll for Air Lock, Moonlight/Morning Sun/Synthesis don't make sense with the possible ability. I know we can choose Shed Skin instead, but still, the availablity of Air Lock doesn't fit well with those healing moves, not to mention that with its great attack, HP, and Defense, it has STAB Drain Punch available, as well as Bandage Heal, which makes perfect sense since he is a mummy. Not to mention that it can heal ally as well (only difference between it and Aqua Ring) during Double Battles.

I've gotten rid of Stone Edge as its great Critical Hit rate and nice power can cause extinction of its Flying counters. Rock Slide, which has 25% less power than non-C.H. Stone Edge, can be handled by several counters due to its slow speed and not-as-good-as-some-of-the-others' S.Def... (Hint: Togekiss with Air Slash).

Of course, if Double Battle is ever to be released for Shoddy, this thing can be great as it has Rock Slide as well as Bandage Heal.

Tutor) Night Shade
Tutor) Arm Thrust
Tutor) Constrict
Tutor) Shadow Punch
1) Constrict
4) Wrap
7) Shadow Sneak
7) Mach Punch
11) Scary Face
19) Vital Throw
22) Stockpile
22) Spit Up
22) Swallow
26) Glare
29) Shadow Ball
32) Smellingsalt
36) Hammer Arm
40) Protect
44) Counter
48) Zen Headbutt
52) Power Whip
74) Bandage Heal*

*The move is just a different name as Aqua Ring, works almost exactly the same as Aqua Ring, besides in Double Battles, it will heal work on the ally as well. It make sense because when people are wrapped in bandages, the spot that was hurt and wrapped would be gradually healing... (PP Base 10)

TM/HMs
TM01 - Focus Punch
TM04 - Calm Mind
TM06 - Toxic
TM08 - Bulk Up
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM27 - Return
TM29 - Psychic
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM46 - Thief
TM48 - Skill Swap
TM49 - Snatch
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM63 - Embargo
TM64 - Explosion
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM76 - Stealth Rock
TM77 - Psych Up
TM79 - Dark Pulse
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM85 - Dream Eater
TM87 - Swagger
TM89 - U-Turn
TM90 - Substitute
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb

Egg Moves:
-Destiny Bond
-Grudge
-Momento
-Curse
-Knock Off
-DynamicPunch
-Cross Chop
-Heal Block
-Mega Punch
-Pursuit

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
this should not be able to get both priorety moves, they should be egg moves. and for bandage heal, its just...bad. same with stockpile/spit up/swallow. those make even less sense than bandage heal. and mummies are bandaged so they will be preserved, not to heal them. explosion, gyro ball, and counter are too overpowered. same with reflect and endure endure+counter is just bad news.i also agree stone edge is overowered though.

seriously every ghost that isn't an ice type gets will-o-wisp, I don't see why this shouldn't. WHO FUCKING GIVES A SHIT IF IT'S BETTER THAN DUSKNOIR. Syclant might as well be a better Weavile but nobody cares.

If we do go with air lock please give it a different name so it makes some sense on a mummy.

tennisace

seriously every ghost that isn't an ice type gets will-o-wisp, I don't see why this shouldn't. WHO FUCKING GIVES A SHIT IF IT'S BETTER THAN DUSKNOIR. Syclant might as well be a better Weavile but nobody cares.

If we do go with air lock please give it a different name so it makes some sense on a mummy.
this makes no sense. syclant is a mixed sweeper, weavile is physical. also, wee're not making a better dusknoir, because dusknoir is A. Pure Ghost and not weak to flying, and B. has Pain Split, which hurts and heals at the same time. and air lock makes sense because mummies are LOCKED in a tonb with no AIR.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
This thing should not have explosion..

Alright I have an idea, maybe we should vote on moves we don't want.

A lot of people are saying " no will-o-wisp, dusknoir clone! " others are saying " no moonlight!" Others are saying all the elemental punches, and others not.

Why not vote on which ones we dont want.

Personally i think the mummy should not WoW, it should have moonlight and it should only have thunderpunch.

But why not vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)