CAP 2 Smogon "Create A Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 9

What should the name of our new Pokemon be?

• Revenakh

Votes: 86 44.1%
  • Peramer

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Houtaijin

Votes: 12 6.2%
  • Fistalos (Phistalos)

Votes: 22 11.3%
  • Mumrath

Votes: 38 19.5%
  • Miitousen

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Miirasen

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Sansorgan

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Mumiyah

Votes: 18 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this for a Dex entry?

<Pokemon> is very protective of its tomb. Anything that gets near <Pokemon>'s tomb is likely to become cursed.

May I have a try?

REVENANKH is known to inhabit tombs or crypts to avoid light and train itself in peace. However, if anyone disturbs it, REVENANKH has been known to chase the intruders for anything from a week to decades.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Nobody said that Revenankh has to be the most important mummy.

It is said that Revenankh are the mummified spirits of a deceased Pharoah's guard-Pokemon. And as such, they will hunt down any threat to they're master/trainer, or his posessions.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Nobody said that Revenankh has to be the most important mummy.

It is said that Revenankh are the mummified spirits of a deceased Pharoah's guard-Pokemon. And as such, they will hunt down any threat to they're master/trainer, or his posessions.
I can just see this one as "Hey guys look my Blaziken die but I got this cool mummy Pokemon in return ^_________^ "

I voted Peramer, the rest sounds a little too japanese for my tastes.

Give it Thunderpunch. If you want to make use out of Bulk Up properly, which was the goal iirc, you'll want this move on him. If you're giving him elusive things like Mach Punch, you may as well add this one to his repertoire.

After much thinnking I change my mind and say Yes to Thunderpunch. I just realized that this thing is already suffering from moveset sydrome and beside, other fighters have them and they're still counterable.

For Thunderpunch the votes so far are (unless I messed up)
Yes - 28
No - 41

I really agree with Mekkah; Calm Mind + BoltBeam has been hailed as a great attacking combination (but most definitely not broken due to its speed), so Bulk Up + ThundIcePunches should be both powerful and fun, but once again not broken.

I say we have an actual poll; if you need help Hyra I can create a new thread with the poll. (Not trying to impose, just offering ^.^)

Ummm... How is this for a dex entry:

Known in legends as the deathbringer, wherever REVENANKH goes, all vegetation rots away. An aura of fear always precedes its appearance.

Is it to short? Too crappy?

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
We really need to see some sprite submissions. KOA, have you made any progress on a sprite? I think everyone is counting on you to come up with a good one. If anyone else is thinking of making a sprite (I'm not), now is the time to bring it out.

I really agree with Mekkah; Calm Mind + BoltBeam has been hailed as a great attacking combination (but most definitely not broken due to its speed), so Bulk Up + ThundIcePunches should be both powerful and fun, but once again not broken.
But why would anyone use Bulk Up with Thunder + Ice Punch when they could use Bulk Up with STAB Ghost and Fighting moves?

We really need to see some sprite submissions.
Yeah, i agree

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Do not worry, I promise the sprite will be worth the wait. :)

As for a beta Dex Entry:

"Not much is known about REVENANKH due to their solitary habits. It is believed that one is born every full moon."

"REVENANKH live in seclusion. Myths of cursing those who disturb it prevent measures for further observations."

Gah, I'll have a go at a dex entry:

"A Pokémon that is said to have been imprisoned for eternity, REVENANKH has recently appeared, seemingly reborn..."

Not perfect, but I like it.

But why would anyone use Bulk Up with Thunder + Ice Punch when they could use Bulk Up with STAB Ghost and Fighting moves?
Moveset syndrome anyone? That only makes the fear of having Thunderpunch on this guy far less painful. Everyone and their grandmother knows they're going to be running this:

Shadow Punch/Shadow Sneak
Hammer Arm
Bulk Up
Rest(with Shed Skin)/Moonlight(with Air Lock)

Now judging by this set, no one is going to get rid of the Dual STAB which hit everything under the sun not named Ghost/Normal neutral. Now since neither STAB are going anywhere, that mostly means that you're going to be sacrificing either Bulk-Up which means he's weaker and have no way to tank better or sacrifice his healing move which means he can't tank as well either. He's too slow to go all Choice Bander/Life Orber on everyone's asses so really, having one more elementral punch wouldn't hurt it.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Dexish:

"REVENANKH is the source of many pyaramid trap myths. Hoenn researchers found them deep in the tombs of Route 111's desert, but Steven gave them a scolding for suggesting he wasn't thourough enough in his dungeon crawling."

"REVENANKH is known for its ruthless battling style, it is said to be the manifestation of pokemon angry at Pharoah for killing their trainers unjustly.

"REVENANKH is a vengeful spirit with no sense of mercy. A look into its eye can paralyze and it wraps its prey in bandages and drags them down into the shadows."

A lighter one:

"REVENANKH and SABLEYE do not get along well. SABLEYE's endless pranks and REVENANKH's short temper are the source of frustration between the two pokemon."

"REVENANKH hates DELIBIRD. Even though they are scarcely found near each other, REVENANKH is enraged by the sight of it. Researchers cannot explain this phenomenon."

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I say NO to Thunderpunch. When it has Ghost and Fighting STAB moves to hit EVERYTHING for neutral at least, Bulk Up, and Moonlight, does it really need anything else? With those 90/90/110 defenses, it should do well enough with Shadow Punch/Brick Break/Bulk Up/Moonlight with Air Lock.

"REVENANKH is a vengeful spirit with no sense of mercy. A look into its eye can paralyze and it wraps its prey in bandages and drags them down into the shadows."
I like this one, though I must admit it would be 100% better if that new ability had been voted on as #2.

Dexish:

"REVENANKH hates DELIBIRD. Even though they are scarcely found near each other, REVENANKH is enraged by the sight of it. Researchers cannot explain this phenomenon."
I lol'd.

Also, I say yes to thunderpunch. I think that it will hardly ever be using it anyway, but when it does it is mostly for surprise than anything else. This is basically the whole "Why use boltbeam when you can use Dark Pulse/HP Fighting on Porygon-Z?" debate all over again.

YES on thunderpunch

and why didnt this thing get hitmonchans ability iron fist or something as an option

YES! MEKKAH VOTED FOR MY NAME! EAT IT PEOPLES!

Er-hem.

Anyway, as to spriting, in the 5th thread, someone posted a pretty decent beta sprite for it. I'll go see if I can find it.

“Using the materials in its environment, REVENANKH construct a home similar to that of a tomb. If a Pokemon unintentionally draws near, REVENANKH will attempt to make it flee with a terrifying combination of GLARE and OMINOUS WIND.”

I tried.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
It has just come to my attention that since we now have a full moveset (bar T-Punch) for this Pokemon I can get to work on the analysis! (yay!). Thus, I'm looking for moveset ideas. EVs are the toughest part, and I'll do a whole heap of damage calcs and the likes later on, but for now if you've got ideas for movesets please feel free to Pm / Post them. PM I'm garunteed to see, but I'll check back here quite regularily anyway. For now I'm thinking:

Keep in mind these are very rough drafts (Mainly Brainstorming) and are not written in the proper analysis form or anything yet.

Bulk Up Set

Ravenankh @ Leftovers
Impish? +Sdef?
Ability: Air Lock
-Bulk Up
-Moonlight
-Shadow Punch
-Hammer Arm

Awesome STAB, Bulk up, heal off damage, blah blah blah.

Rest Set

Ravenankh @ Leftovers
Impish
Ability: Shed Skin
-Rest
-Shadow Punch
-Hammer Arm
-Sleep Talk / Knock Off / Ice Punch / Bulk Up / Support Filler

No longer vunerable to Status. Weeeee! Needed something to make it different to the Bulk Up set. Although you could easily just swap abilities and healing move, so I'll make a note of that in the Bulk Up sets description.

Generic CB / CS

Ravenankh @ Choice Band/Scarf
Adamant / Jolly
I'll look into Speed tiers later
Ability: Shed Skin
-Shadow Punch / Shadow Sneak
-Brick Break / Hammer Arm / Mach Punch
-Ice Punch
-Power Whip / Earthquake

Slashitis, I'll work on it. Otherwise generic Choice Set. Could surprise some Pokes expecting one of the other sets.

Perhaps a novelty Nasty Plot set? ^___^ Anyway, post / pm me ideas for me to look into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)