The Real New OU List

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here it is:

Abomasnow
Azelf
Blissey
Breloom
Bronzong
Celebi
Cresselia
Donphan
Dragonite
Dugtrio
Dusknoir
Electivire
Forretress
Gallade
Garchomp
Gengar
Gliscor
Gyarados
Heatran
Heracross
Hippowdon
Infernape
Jirachi
Jolteon
Kingdra
Lucario
Machamp
Magnezone
Mamoswine
Metagross
Milotic
Ninjask
Porygon-Z
Salamence
Scizor
Skarmory
Snorlax
Starmie
Suicune
Swampert
Tentacruel
Togekiss
Tyranitar
Vaporeon
Weavile
Yanmega
Zapdos

It contains 47 Pokemon in all.

The old OU list contained 49 Pokemon. 4 of them do not feature in this new OU list:

Roserade - Its use has been declining steadily since January, month after month.

Spiritomb - For some reason, Spiritomb was overlooked in March. It lost a monstrous amount of usage between February and March... too much, in fact.

Umbreon - Umbreon was always kind of 'borderline OU', but March's usage was its lowest ever.

Weezing - February and March usages were incredibly low.

And we welcome two new Pokemon:

Gallade - Massive increase in usage in February, and, although its usage in March wasn't as high, it was still enough for it to be OU.

Kingdra - Since December, it has actually been used a decent amount of times, and, although its use dropped a bit in February, March's usage shows a slow Kingdra resurgence, allowing it to just make it to OU.

Deoxys-S and Wobbuffet are currently still being considered for unbanning from the uber tier here in Smogon. No definitive decision on them has been taken as yet, and hence they are not included among the OU Pokemon.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Haha, thanks for posting this.

I had a big hunch that Weezing would be kicked out of OU, and I'm glad it's finally happened. That thing really isn't that good anymore, and its usage shows. Things in OU just hit way too hard for it.

I'm actually quite surprised that Spiritomb usage has gone down so much. I'd have thought that Wobbuffet being introduced to OU on shoddy would give it a huge rise, but apparently not...

It was quite obvious that Kingdra would be in OU eventually, it was quite inevitable, and I'm glad it happened.

By the way, in the shoddy usages, Bibarel went from #227 to #119 from February to March. Awesome job for that team! For my other advertisement, Shaymin, he went from #134 to #90 from February to March. Friggin awesome. :D

Looks good. Donphan and Dusknoir will always be BL to me [Spiritomb being BL is quite a surprise to me], but I can understand them being OU since people are using them a lot. Thank god Wobba and D-E are still not officially OU.

Man o man did you have me in a fucking rut over that fake tier list and now I seriously just feel like such a loser. Anyway.....

Roserade
- I noticed that its usage has been dropping and this really surprises me. A fast Toxic Spiker which can totally destroy sandstom leads is something I thought more people would use. I have never used this poke though.

Spiritomb - Ummm, I guess soo. I just stared using this and it looks like its the cool thing to breed all of the sudden. O well the stats don't lie. Maybe Obi stall team hype has finally died? Idk.

Umbreon - Not surprised. I don't have much to say about this because I have never used it, and never had that much of a problem countering it.

Weezing - Weezings usage has been steadily dropping for a while now. This is some what surprising to me since it counters Garchomp so well. I think this is because we now have moves like Roost and Slack off which pokemon like Hippowdon and Skarm can use that make Weezing look inferior. Weezing has Phazing power that other walls lack though, so I must say I'm disappointed that its usage has dropped.

And we welcome two new Pokemon:

Gallade - Double status, cool typing, the ability to Swards Dance up its great Attack stat seem like good enough reasons for this thing to go OU. There has also been a serious increase of people using this poke with the elemental punches. I personally think this is just a temporary hype. I've used it plenty.

Kingdra - This is totally the cool new poke to use. Its kind of like Uggs, just fashion.

Deoxys-S and Wobbuffet - Wobbuffet need to return back home to Ubers, Deoxys S, welcome to OU.

Here it is:

Abomasnow Good.
Azelf Good.
Blissey Again, i say this should be uber =P
Breloom Much better. I couldn't see Breloom in BL/UU.
Bronzong Good.
Celebi Good.
Cresselia Good.
Donphan Good.
Dragonite Good.
Dugtrio Good.
Dusknoir Much better =D
Electivire Again, much better =D
Forretress Good.
Gallade I see this as BL. I really just can't see it standing up to a hit in OU.
Garchomp No comment....
Gengar Good.
Gliscor Good.
Gyarados Good.
Heatran Good.
Heracross Good.
Hippowdon MUCH BETTER =D
Infernape Good.
Jirachi Good.
Jolteon Much better. Y'know, that was a sad list =\
Kingdra Fails as life due to Sand Stream. I know it's good, UNDER RAIN. I think that if Rain Dance is the only reason this is ou.... =\
Lucario Good.
Machamp Good.
Magnezone Good.
Mamoswine Good. Thanks KoA.
Metagross Good.
Milotic Again, it can't really stand up to OU but it too good for BL...=\
Ninjask Good.
Porygon-Z Good.
Salamence Good.
Scizor Go Scizor go! =D
Skarmory Outclassed by Forry IHMO, but gullible people still like SkarmBliss...
Snorlax Good.
Starmie Good.
Suicune Good.
Swampert Good.
Tentacruel Good.
Togekiss Much better. That was a sad joke, making Togekiss BL/UU =\
Tyranitar Good.
Vaporeon Again, only OU cause of it's fat 130 hp.
Weavile Good.
Yanmega Good.
Zapdos good.

It contains 47 Pokemon in all.

The old OU list contained 49 Pokemon. 4 of them do not feature in this new OU list:

Roserade - Never shoulda been OU if the first place.

Spiritomb - Has the same problem as milotic.

Umbreon - NOO! UMBREON! D=

Weezing - Gliscor took it's spot.

No wobb is much better.

Nice job, this definitely seems like the best way of determining OU.

2 Questions:

How often will the Smogon tier list be updated (assuming that Shoddy continues to provide monthly statistics)?

What are the Pokemon that are closest to being OU?

A few thoughts...

Spiritomb-
Not surprising actually, alot of people tend to give it more credit than it deserves (Strange thing to say, I know). No weaknesses with good defenses and decent offenses and Pressure can be nice. But it also doesn't take hits anywhere near as good as Dusknoir, in the end its defenses are just good not spectacular and lack of reliable healing move. Furthermore people are starting to get past the Obi-stall team and only integrating the most important aspects.

Roserade-
Its a powerful glass cannon with only a decent offensive main typing for its hardest hitting moves and not quite enough speed. Has some good utility but lacks the physical defensive stats and theres better alternatives.

Umbreon-
Only one that actually strikes me as quite strange given the danger of BP'd Mean Looks. For the most part I'd assume its due to the much stronger offensive threats now. Rampant Lucario/Infernape and that Umbreon reduces your own offensive options.

Weezing-
No surprise here. Weezing was a great wall in Advance but has been badly hurt by the physical/special split and general higher offensive power of everything.

Gallade-
Again nothing surprising. Gallade is utility, support, defense and offense all in one little package.

Kingdra-
An utter powerhouse who has benefited more from the physical/attack split and powerful Dragon attacks than most Pokemon have. Oh and the usual yaddayadda Draco Meteor is broken.

Yes! This is accurate, and about time. Arcanine was a stretch for me. Jolteon leaving was a stretch also. I am glad it is "fixed"

Bologo: I think you should apologize to me....

Umm, dude, shut up. You have no friggin right to call X-Act stupid.

I personally almost never see Hippowdon anymore, and stalling teams are almost completely dead. Maybe it's just lower rated players that are using Hippowdon, but for something that used to be in like the top 15, its usage has really dwindled.

I was right. It was a fake list. I did not think X-act was stupid. I meant he was stupid only if that was the real list, and it was clearly not. Which let's face it, if Arcanine made OU then so would Hippowdon/Togekiss/Jolteon/etc... So if that old list were real it would have been a really stupid list. I mean Togekiss can sweep teams via flinch hax... no way it would be BL... Arcanine is not nearly as strong in sweeping terms.

I knew it was a fake list, so I did not really think X-act was stupid. Come on, it is clear he is a fucking math whiz. Why the hell would I actually think he was stupid?

edit: I also like this new list. It's about time Gallade got bumped up, and imo Umbreon was always a kind of "meh" pokemon.

I haven't seen much Gallade usage personally, but I keep wanting to try Lee's CB Gallade since if you predict correctly some wall is going down - seems like a fun team idea to center on when Im bored. Just have to get around to making a team around it sometime. It is about time Gallade made OU, because on paper he sure had the moves and stats to be there

Umbreon falling off makes sense. Amongst higher tier players there is minimal usage. He is just one of those pokemon that cling on amongst newer players it seems, but maybe they are finally moving beyond him also.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Haha, geez I had to go along with the joke dude! It's fun to take stuff seriously in fake threads, it was pretty damn obvious that it was a fake thread, so I had to make it funny. Heh, sorry if it offended you, but I'm never nice. :]

In other words, ;p to you. :]

Haha, geez I had to go along with the joke dude! It's fun to take stuff seriously in fake threads, it was pretty damn obvious that it was a fake thread, so I had to make it funny. Heh, sorry if it offended you, but I'm never nice. :]

In other words, ;p to you. :]
It's ok then. Anyway glad to know that a tutor did not really think that list could be real... I just hope other people were playing along... I took one look at the list and said Bullshit.

edit: Also now I am going to thank you or all those damn creative sets you posted that I use on my UU team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)