Hidden Power Legends IV/nature combinations take two

Okay, sorry this took so long, but I've been busy. These are the optimum IV distributions for modest and timid hidden powers if you don't care about attack. A little bit about Mild at the end is tacked on which might help those exploding Heatran users.

Perfect IV possible natures: Modest, Timid, Calm, Docile

Modest Hidden Powers that work by default: Ground, Flying, Dark

HP Fire with modest: 31/26/31/30/30/31

HP Water with modest: 31/23/31/30/30/31

HP Electric with modest: 31/23/31/31/30/31

HP Grass with modest: 31/02/31/31/30/31

HP Ice with modest: 27/30/30/31/31/31 OR 31/10/30/31/31/31

HP Fighting with modest: 31/22/30/30/30/30

HP Poison with modest: 31/03/30/31/30/30

HP Psychic with modest: 31/26/31/30/31/31

HP Bug with modest: 31/19/31/30/31/30

HP Rock with modest: 31/03/30/30/31/30

HP Ghost with modest: 30/27/30/31/31/30

HP Dragon with modest: 31/02/31/31/31/31

HP Steel with modest: 31/03/31/31/31/30

Timid Hidden Powers that work by default: Electric, Ground, Dark

HP Fire with timid: 31/06/31/30/30/31

HP Water with timid: 31/07/31/30/30/31

HP Grass with timid: 31/02/31/31/30/31

HP Ice with timid: 31/22/30/31/31/31

HP Fighting with timid: 31/03/30/30/30/30

HP Poison with timid: 30/27/30/31/30/30

HP Flying with timid: 31/19/31/30/30/30 or 30/22/30/31/30/30

HP Psychic with timid: 31/14/31/30/31/31

HP Bug with timid: 31/19/31/30/31/30

HP Rock with timid: 31/03/30/30/31/30

HP Ghost with timid: 31/11/30/31/31/30

HP Dragon with timid: 31/14/31/31/31/31

HP Steel with timid: 31/03/31/31/31/30

Mild Hidden Powers that work by default: Fire, Bug, Steel

HP Ice with Mild: 31/26/30/31/31/31

Bold Hidden Powers that work by default: Electric, Psychic

HP Fire with Bold: 30/20/31/30/30/31

HP Water with Bold: 31/11/31/30/30/31

HP Grass with Bold: 31/14/31/31/30/31

HP Ice with Bold: 31/10/30/31/31/31

HP Fighting with Bold: 30/10/30/30/30/30

HP Poison with Bold: 31/03/30/31/30/30

HP Ground with Bold: 31/19/31/31/30/30

HP Flying with Bold: 31/19/31/30/30/30 or 30/22/30/31/30/30

HP Bug with Bold: 31/10/31/30/31/30 or 31/18/30/31/31/30

HP Rock with Bold: 31/15/30/30/31/30

HP Ghost with Bold: 30/11/30/31/31/30

HP Dragon with Bold: 31/14/31/31/31/31

HP Dark with Bold: 27/11/31/31/31/31 or 31/27/27/31/31/31 or 31/19/31/31/31/27 or 31/11/31/27/31/31

HP Steel with Bold: 31/15/31/31/31/30

Calm

HP Ice with Calm: 31/19/31/30/31/31

This is a reference for players who want to use Hidden Power on legendary Pokemon in Shoddy Battle. This is not a topic to discuss Shoddy Battle's new feature to restrict IVs based on what is possible ingame. Special Defense is last, not speed. If there are other bits of data that would be useful, mention them and I will research when I have time. If you find data you would like added to this, list it and we can eventually make a complete compendium of Hidden Power information.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Was doing something similar yesterday via a program, but then I had something else to do and stopped.

Good work so far. I'd assume some kind of program that generates these automatically for every nature and HP type would be great. I'll try to continue on the program I was working on... if I get the time.

thanks aa/x-act !

Amazing Ampharos said:
This is not a topic to discuss Shoddy Battle's new feature to restrict IVs based on what is possible ingame.
just in case anyone misses this. do not turn this into a shitfest.

Well, Heatran can have "perfect" IVs with those Hidden Powers just like any other Pokemon could with them; setting Hidden Power to any type other than Dark necessarily involves reducing a few IVs since Hidden Power's type and power are calculated directly from IVs. It just happens that the all 31/30 combination Shoddy Battle defaults to for those three Hidden Power types is legal with a Mild nature on an IV restricted Pokemon such as Heatran.

Those who want to search themselves should be aware that Hidden Power doesn't change if you reduce an IV by four. Hidden Power is always of strength 70 if every IV mod 4 is 2 or 3 (in other words, two or three bigger than a number divisible by four). Changing stats higher on the list (HP, attack) has a lesser effect on Hidden Power than changing stats near the bottom (special attack, special defense).

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mild <unbreedable> can have the default IVs for those Hidden Powers. Obviously you can't have perfect IVs because that gives Hidden Power Dark.

Nice job, AA. If it isn't too much to ask, can you make some IVs for Celebi? I really want to use a Bold HP Ice Celebi.

cloud

groove, slam, work it back, filter that baby, bump
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
just posting to say this is pretty ridiculous and renders certain pokemon entirely useless in certain strategies. like defensive zapdos.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/OnlineProgram/Calculators/HiddenPower.aspx

For those of you wondering about other natures besides what AA has posted, check this link. Scroll down to the bottom, and input 70 for the power, and what type of Hidden Power you want. Clicking calculate will bring up every possible IV combination for Hidden Powers. By fiddling with your IV's manually, you can adjust a stat that is not used to give yourself the desired Hidden Power.

For example, a Bold Zapdos with HP Ice 70 is legal if you input 31/22/30/31/31/31 as your IVs, in place of 31/30/30/31/31/31.

http://www.metalkid.info/Pokemon/OnlineProgram/Calculators/HiddenPower.aspx

For those of you wondering about other natures besides what AA has posted, check this link. Scroll down to the bottom, and input 70 for the power, and what type of Hidden Power you want. Clicking calculate will bring up every possible IV combination for Hidden Powers. By fiddling with your IV's manually, you can adjust a stat that is not used to give yourself the desired Hidden Power.

For example, a Bold Zapdos with HP Ice 70 is legal if you input 31/22/30/31/31/31 as your IVs, in place of 31/30/30/31/31/31.
Thank you, Iggy, I've been dying to use my Bold HP Ice Celebi again :D

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
just posting to say this is pretty ridiculous and renders certain pokemon entirely useless in certain strategies. like defensive zapdos.
Flareon not having Flare Blitz makes it useless. We should give it that!

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Actually I have a big objection to this.

Considering XD Pokemon are generated using a different RNG than the Pokemon generated from GBA games and D/P, isn't it a bit too preemptive to ban these combinations saying that they are impossible when certain XD Pokemon (Lugia, Ho-oh, The Gerbil Trio, the Bird Trio) may have these combinations possible?

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Even more than that, figuring out how event pokemon are generated would be impossible without some "inside information" from Nintendo.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
I wish you would not be attempting to derail this topic again.

With regard to XD pokemon, perhaps we will unrestrict them.
With regard to some event pokemon, perhaps we will ban them.

Perhaps you can start a new topic if you want to talk about these issues.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
By the way, this thread should only hold for all legendaries except Celebi, Jirachi, Latios and Latias. As far as I know, Celebi and Jirachi are not available in RSE, FRLG, or DP, and hence their IVs are unknown, while Latios and Latias' IVs are known not to be generated in the usual way.

I know that I'll look like an idiot for saying this, but...
I know that the random number generator for the Pokémon games is behind this, but could someone explain why?

cloud

groove, slam, work it back, filter that baby, bump
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i didn't quite understand your parallel there, obi.

but there's an hp ice/bold combination up and i'm fine. in fact it doesn't even affect special attackers, so whatever.

if this is 'true to the game' mechanics and still allows us to have all of our hidden power/nature combos, then i don't really care. it was just that i saw this thread before all of the combos were there and i was angry haha.

By the way, this thread should only hold for all legendaries except Celebi, Jirachi, Latios and Latias. As far as I know, Celebi and Jirachi are not available in RSE, FRLG, or DP, and hence their IVs are unknown, while Latios and Latias' IVs are known not to be generated in the usual way.
Hmm, even at Southern Island, their IVs are known not to be generated in the usual way? I thought it was regular.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Yay, I spent forever searching for Celebi HP Ice and never found it- now I do!

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
And Suicune/Raikou/Entei, since unless you want to use a 31/15/0/0/0/0 one, they're only available from Colosseum.

Latios/Latias that are caught on the island still have weird IVs?

On a side note, I do think the strategy dex needs to be modified to include only "legal" IV combinations for things such as HP Ice Zapdos.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
And Suicune/Raikou/Entei, since unless you want to use a 31/15/0/0/0/0 one, they're only available from Colosseum.

Latios/Latias that are caught on the island still have weird IVs?

On a side note, I do think the strategy dex needs to be modified to include only "legal" IV combinations for things such as HP Ice Zapdos.
I'm pretty sure their IVs are regular, as I've hacked my Emerald ROM once to warp to Southern Island.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)