[RMT] I just played a match with this team. Revenankh = Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Record so far: 12-0, although one was a UU team o.O

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- HP [Ice]
- Thunderwave
- Roost

Deals with Togekiss :)

- My Old Lead
Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/180 Spd/78 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

Strange, I know, but this team lacks healing and a Salamence lead that isn't a Salamence lead at all is a great way to sneak it on. The attacks are mainly filler but offer great type coverage. Kind of wich Salamence learnt Stealth Rocks or something else lol... People don't realise how bulky this guy is with Intimidate + HP EVs. Speed EVs (now) outspeed base 90's, rest in Satk as Fire Blast hasen't been doing enough for my liking...

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 44 HP/252 Atk/212 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Leech Seed
- Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch / Seed Bomb

Teams answer to Revenankh. Leech Seed + Posion Heal wins every time. Spore is also a help. Attacking more is filler - Breloom has too much to do during switches IMO but it's there if I need it. I'm tossing up between hurting Mag and such or Revenankh...

Foretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/162 Atk/96 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

I've never used Forry before, but it's defenitly a new faviourite of mine. Walls so much, gets in so many free turns to spin, spike and then finally explode. So few Pokes can Spike so no time is wasted with Stealth Rocks or Toxic Spikes.

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 204 HP/36 Spd/96 SAtk/172 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes
- Ice Beam

Awesome. Knocks off the foes Leftovers so they have to waste a turn to get any form of healing. Usually if I can lay done a finaly layer of TS and the opponent can kill me on the same turn (but will go second) I'll go for the TS, they're such an intergral part of this team. Surf and Ice Beam take doen Bulky Grounds, Fires, and Dragons.

Revenankh (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Rest
- Bulk Up
- Hammer Arm
- Shadow Sneak

This. Thing. Is. A. Monster.

Blocks every spinner without fail. Stats up as they try uselessly to wear me down. I rest back to full health and wake up almost instantly. They status me and I just keep on coming. It doesn't effect me, it wears off all too soon for the unsespecting opponent. I Bulk Up again, raising both my attack and my defence to astronomical levels. The opponent know their last chance is to switch to a subseeder. As they leech seed Hammer Arm takes out a huge chunk of their Hp. Shadow Sneak catches them offguard - their Substitute fails. Leech Seed doesn't heal nearly enough for their liking. Another Shadow Sneak and a ton of residual damage spells the end for them. I switch out, and prepare to do it all over again.

As you can see, Revenankh is one to be feared.

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Slack Off

And finally, my Hippowdon shuffler. Wondering if SR could go over one of the attacks to finish off the trifecta of entry hazzards but I haven't needed it yet. Usually comes in lategame when the opponent can't 1HKO and can't switch a counter in as (hopefully) they'll be 2HKO from coming in. Roar, Roar and Roar again is my motto! Slack off if I need it but usually I'll just hope the opponents Pokemon capable of KOing me doesn't get roared in. I'm to slow the opponent can KO me that turn to beat it by healing. I'd rather die and let Toxic finish off the opponents.

For Salamence, use enough speed for 280 to beat base 90's like Lucario. Put the rest into Defense or Sp. Attack.

For Revenankh, I'd drop all Defense EVs into Special Defense. You have two great physical walls in the team, so switching into a special attack will be much easier with 252 EVs on SDef. After a Bulk Up or two, being extra bulky on the special side helps Revenankh to stay in. I like the fact that you are using Rest+Shed Skin. In my opinion, it's clearly superior to Moonlight+Air Lock.

Sunday

Agreeing with everything Time Mage said in my own RMT. Waaay superior. "I'm going to update the analysis right now" superior. Nothing breaks Revenankh stall. I beat a goddam Stallrein with it! In Hail. When i came in it had a substitute up. Using Hammer Arm to become slower than it, then Shadow Sneak the next time it tried to sub I could actually hurt it! It wasted numberour turns trying to toxic me, only to have me heal quite soon. I only had to sleep once. Only thing is I should have taken full advantage of the situation and got heaps of Bulk Ups in.

EDIT: Ok yeah Togekiss breaks it's stall >.>

EDIT2: Hrm yeah, Toxic Spikes is about the only thing stopping Togekiss from totally devistating this entire team....

Sunday

Did I mention this is also a gravity team?

j/k, had a bit of a blonde moment there XD

Sunday

And where's the move "Gravity" in there?
Gormengast said:
/sarcasm.

It's obviously not a gravity team. None of those Pokemon even learn Gravity. The blonde moment was in reference to my mistake about Togekiss. I couldn't remember if flying types were effected by Toxic Spikes. yadayadayada, Togekiss weak; lets fix it.

Thinking of removing Ice Fang on Hippowdon and replacing it with SR, that kind of helps...

/sarcasm.
>_>

...I just woke up, the sarcasm section of my brain hasn't started to work yet. :P

Thinking of removing Ice Fang on Hippowdon and replacing it with SR, that kind of helps...
Won't work. Roost gets rid of that 25% easily, and you don't have a way to make NP Roost Togekiss run away, so that it has to switch in many times without a chance to use Roost.

What about a Brave Bird|Aerial Ace/Toxic/Roost/Haze Crobat instead of Breloom? Can take care of Revenankh and Togekiss at once. Toxic Togekiss, Haze Nasty Plot and Bulk Ups, Brave Bird for attacking and Roost to last a bit. I've never tried this set, but I think it could work.

edit: Go with Gormenghast suggestion. More solid, less gimmicky than mine.

Two things I've personally been thinking since trying Revenankh out last night.

1) Stop using gimmicky Pokemon for no reason other than to say I'm not using a lot of OU

2) Hammer Arm isn't that great. I'm thinking of replacing it with Ice Punch, which then eliminates a lot of his flying weak AND grass/subseed weak. The only thing Hammer Arm hits that I'd feel bad replacing it for really is Blissey, but Toxic Spike support owns her.

Sunday

Two things I've personally been thinking since trying Revenankh out last night.

1) Stop using gimmicky Pokemon for no reason other than to say I'm not using a lot of OU

2) Hammer Arm isn't that great. I'm thinking of replacing it with Ice Punch, which then eliminates a lot of his flying weak AND grass/subseed weak. The only thing Hammer Arm hits that I'd feel bad replacing it for really is Blissey, but Toxic Spike support owns her.
I'm going to have to presume you're talking about Salamence there. Well look, FYI Salamence was the last Pokemon decided upon for this team. It's not like I went - "Oooh, Wishmence is random and people will think I'm cool for using that". It was quite a bit more like I wanted a wisher with a decent amount of speed, but didn't compound my weaknesses. Fire and Ground moves would be a major problem if I had used Jirachi, and on top of that I hadn't yet decided on a lead. Now, iirc, Salamence covers Jirachi's weaks perfectly (and vice versa). The other Pokes on my team almost literally had the same weaks and resists as Jirachi already, so I chose a speedy Pokemon that could wish-pass and bluff-lead, and covers my weaks all at the same time.

For christ sake 2/3 of this team is straight out of the analysis anyway... More if you include Revenankh.

Now, last night I was concidering Gorms sugestions. Tenta's quite vital with it's Toxic Spikes support. Foretress could get Toxic Spikes instead, but my entry hazzard power is signifigantly less. I was planning on replacing Zapdos for Salamence instead, expecially as they're both the rock and ice weak so I wouldn't be doubling up in that reguard. But right now I'm feeling slightly defencive about my choice to use wish Salamence, so I'm inclined to stick to my guns for the time being...

Also I see nothing wrong with Hammer Arm. Fight+Ghost is an awesome combination, and quite frankly I'm not having any problems that Ice Punch would fix. To the contrary, Hammer Arms Speed drops contributed to my victory in one match. You're probably better off posting that in the analysis workshop TBH.

I'm going to have to presume you're talking about Salamence there.
Actually I was referencing my own team, which was using a Spiking/Sniping Drapion (among other things).

Now, last night I was concidering Gorms sugestions. Tenta's quite vital with it's Toxic Spikes support. Foretress could get Toxic Spikes instead, but my entry hazzard power is signifigantly less. I was planning on replacing Zapdos for Salamence instead, expecially as they're both the rock and ice weak so I wouldn't be doubling up in that reguard. But right now I'm feeling slightly defencive about my choice to use wish Salamence, so I'm inclined to stick to my guns for the time being...
Agreed about Tentacruel. Toxic Spikes are necessary, though I've been finding myself using/needing/wanting standard spikes less and less each battle. Not so much that I don't want them, but Skarmory is pissing me off and I'm tired of using him.

Also I see nothing wrong with Hammer Arm. Fight+Ghost is an awesome combination, and quite frankly I'm not having any problems that Ice Punch would fix. To the contrary, Hammer Arms Speed drops contributed to my victory in one match. You're probably better off posting that in the analysis workshop TBH.
Nothing wrong with it, just it's great to catch people off guard with Ice Punch. Both are perfectly viable.

Sunday

Alright then, I could only presume we were on topic in this RMT...

TBH Salamence has been doing shit all recently. Zapdos, you're in!
*Goes to find Zapdos*

Bah, being on topic is so last year.

But to be on topic, one thing I've liked is that I replaced Ice Beam with Rapid Spin on my Tentacruel. His Ice Beam doesn't do too much damage as is, so might as well get rid of the opponent's setup. If they switch in Revenankh to predict block, you can switch to Zapdos, Breloom, or whatever counter you might be running. Then you can either attack, set up, or heal.

Sunday

Unfortunatly Rapid Spin + Knock Off is illegal :( Tenta actually hasn't been doing as much as I would have likes either...

Anyway, 10th match with this team and 10th win. I let a Vaporeon Batton Pass 3 Acid Armours because I thought I could roar it out later. Then the recipient killed my Hippo so I just used Revvy to Bulk up + Stall it out...

Is it now? Well drat. Either way, I've personally used Rapid Spin more in the current hazard heavy meta than Knock Off, so I'll probably stick with that. I wish there were another water Pokemon with Toxic Spikes, because Tenta really doesn't cut it outside of pure support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)