Revenankh Analysis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been using Knock Off / Moonlight / Shadow Sneak / Hammer Arm @ Leftovers (Air Lock) on my stall team, and it's proving to be a very good defensive Pokemon, with the threat of Knock Off. I'll try Rest / Shed Skin another day.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Don't forget to change the set comments, too. Right now the set favors Rest+Shed Skin and the comment favors Moonlight+Air Lock.

And I think it shuld get more SDef EVs on the Bulk Up set. I run 252, and maybe that's too much, but 136 isn't enough in my opinion. Bulk Up quickly solves the lower Def stat, this isn't Snorlax.
oops, fixed.

skarmory is probably the best counter to this thing
Main issue with Skarmory is Bulk Up. After a few defencive Boosts only Swords Dance versions of Skarmory pose a signifigant threat.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Skarmory can only delay it's sweep with Whirlwind, but if it's last poke, Skarm will lose on one on. Lol this thing reminds me so much of ADV Curselax.

if you have been outplayed so your in that position then basically the opponent should win anyway. There are alot of pokemon that if they are the last pokemon in against skarmory will beat it, doesn't mean its not a counter.

Or is skarmory no longer a curselax counter.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
By your logic you could have a team of Roar Zapdos, WW Skarmory, WW Hariyama, Roar Suicune, Roar Salamence and WW Snorlax and say 'I can counter everything since I can switch on anything and phaze it away'.

If you are not threatening the oposition you're not countering at all, and I'm not sure (didn't calc anything) but Hammer Arm from an once Bulk Up'd Rev should do more damage then a Skarm Brave Bird on the same situation, which means Skarm would lose ONE-ON-ONE, which is what really matters >_>

And no, Skarmory was never a Curselax Counter, unless it has Taunt + Toxic or Counter.
Any ADV team that relied only on Skarmory to stop Curselax would lose, same thing applies here.

Sorry for my shitty english :P

Skarmy loses to CB versions! And can't heal anyways. Repeated Fighting type attacks will wear it down and make it wary to use Roost because you are already hitting it with a Fighting type move.

Anyways, I'm testing an all-out defense version of Revenankh right now (or when I bother to log into Shoddy). Max HP/Max Defense... I think I put Bold.... wow.... anyways, it does well but I haven't really given it any chance to wall something yet. I"m just upset that my spread takes 52%~ from CB TTar Crunch and I can't use Moonlight because Revvy is my status absorber. But Revvy took ChainChomp without any SDef EV's (57%, I did not switch in). This thing is beastly defensively, more so than Swampert and Dusknoir.

I've been running Ice Punch instead of Hammer Arm to great success. Doesn't hit Skarmory nearly as hard, but still hits hard enough that it has to constantly roost or die. Given enough time, the 10% freeze chance will go off and then it's smoooooth sailing.

Plus it obliterates things like Gliscor, Garchomp, etc that normal Rev couldn't touch (or could, but then get spanked).

I've been using Wobba as my Rev counter and it seems to work really well. He can survive a Shadow Sneak from atleast 3 Bulk Ups. Encore away and switch into something that counters that. It works incredibly well.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is it 2KO'd by 1 BU max attack Shadow Punch?
How about no attack 1 BU Shadow Punch?

If it can take those two its a great counter, if not it could still work decently if you predict.

[Set]
Drainer!
Move 1: Bulk Up
Move 2: Drain Punch/Force Palm
Move 3: Shadow Sneak
Move 4: Ice Punch
Ability: Shed Skin
Nature: Adamant/Hasty
EVS: 252 Atk/252 Sp.Def/6 Hp
[Set Comments]
Bulk will increase your Def and atk and will ensure Drain punch to do resonable Damage.Reason For drain punch i that it will do reasonable damage after 1 or two bulk ups plus it gives an additionally HP Recovery(Not Much Be Just Right) and also it will follow as a recovery move.

[Drain Punch vs Forch Palm]
Well it's up to the nature you choose Drain Punch will follow if you choose Adamant Nature because more damage will be caused,If you followed with Hasty Nature that means you wanna choose Force Palm and will be like a blissey with T.Wave but better because Hasty will raise the speed and may cause paralyzation of a 30% chance.

[Other Options]
Well you can always use Hammer Arm instead of Drain Punch or Force Palm to do Massive damage with bulk up backing you up for more Massive Damage.

[Opinion]
Since Rev Doesn't really Have all that much Physical Moves so bulk up will back up anything that is Physical.

[Counters]
Garchomp,Salamence,Forretress,Bronzong,Dugtrio,Hippowdon,Aerodactyle,Syclant......
Can't Think Of Any other At the moment....

All I have to say is that there is no way Blissey counters Revenankh.

You make many errors and such of this kind through out the entire thing. Really, lurk more. You basically reprise the main set and the only thing different that you add has a slash next to it.

im using the standard rest shedskin bulkup SN, but with one change. I see people using hammer arm-which i hate- and brick break as the fighting move. if ur willing to sacrifice some power, drain punch is an awesome move for rev. if ur using brickbreak, you may as well just go a little lower and after some bulk ups the health one gets from drain punch is really helpful

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hybrid's been talking about Drain Punch on the server, and I will say that it's annoying in some situations, but it's not better than Hammer Arm. Also, Brick Break has the same issues, not enough power. Hammer Arm's speed drops don't affect Revvy that much, you have Shadow Sneak to make up with it. You just have to play the percents a bit more and Rest earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)