Revenankh Sprite Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Very often when I come into a battle with an enemy Revenankh, or if I use my own Revenankh, a strange dark blue box surrounds the sprite, and even some other sprites.

Is anybody else having this problem? I'd really like to know what I can do about it. =/

Edit: Showed it happening to my own Revenankh

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
looks like the shiny sprite doesnt have transparency set correctly

edit: apparently its like that for non-shiny too..

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I find it funny that the sprites remembered the base background color I used to make them in. :/

Other than that, this is weird to me.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
It may be a problem with the color palette. All the normal game PNG's have 8-bit color. KoA's have 24-bit color. I'm looking into various PNG converters to clean this up.

DougJustDoug

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Can someone else look into this problem? I've got several other things going on and I think there are other people on this project that know about sprites and images and might be able to fix the issue. Here's a sprite that is known to be causing some problems:

i've had it happen with both revvy and syclant, shiny and non. could it be with the new way the sprites are downloaded?

probably depends on whatever the image reading thing the java is using some can handle transparent colors others can not

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
If need be, i can go back and manually redo the background transparency colors to stark white or something

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If the problem is that it's a 24 bit .png instead of 8 bit, here's an 8 bit version. This also has the nice side-effect of being a bit smaller than your image with no loss of data.

Actually, the sprite is displaying badly in the Pokedex thread as well.
I don't see a problem in that thread.

DougJustDoug

OK, we've fixed the problem. Something was wrong with the transparency on some of the sprites. On Obi's suggestion, I redid the transparency in Photoshop, and that seemed to do the trick.

If anyone is experiencing the problems described in this thread, please re-install the sprites using the CAP Sprite Updater. Instructions can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)