CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 7 (Art Selection Poll)

Which art should we use for our Pokemon?

• Elagune

Votes: 115 46.0%
  • Cartoons!

Votes: 72 28.8%
  • DougJustDoug

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • KoA

Votes: 17 6.8%
  • CyzirVisheen

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • pyrrhocorax

Votes: 13 5.2%
  • Moft

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Hazmat

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Blu

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Nopie

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if we really can't think up a powerful stab for him, we can always just MAKE a new stab for him... Cheers to it not being the equivalent of Draco Meteor on Salamence.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think a good name would be Carboneous. If you translate this freely from Latin, it would mean 'made of burned wood'.

Hey, just jumping in for a sec.

Props to Elagune!

This was a fun experience, and it was just great to have been a part of the process at all. Everyone who participated has something to be proud of, and it's a nice thought to think that future CAP projects will have such quality and variety to look forward to.

Hmm, doesn't everybody vote together on this too? I distinctly remember something in the Revenankh threads about this. There were a couple rather good ones, and one Japanese one that stuck out in my mind. Don't remember now though.
That one was probably the one I submitted, I think it was the only Japanese one: Houtaijin.

I'll reserve posting any name suggestions until the actual discussion post about names though.

I love Salamandra, but yu-gi-oh beat us to the punch. Not to say just because THEY used it, we can't -- but...

..y'know :/

I like the name Albertura

which is a combination of the Italian words, tree armor.

Or also, Bruciatura, which is a combination of burnt and armor

Charcalmer would be a great name. (char-call-mer)
charcoal armor.
we could have a pre evo that is just grass type, and he has a volcano somewhere on his body. when that volcano erupts, he evolves and becomes grass/fire type. we could give him a new ability called charcoal armor or something.
the effect could be something along the lines of his grass type moves being x2 in the rain.
i don't know, give me your opinions to help me meld my ideas.

Charcalmer would be a great name. (char-call-mer)
charcoal armor.
we could have a pre evo that is just grass type, and he has a volcano somewhere on his body. when that volcano erupts, he evolves and becomes grass/fire type. we could give him a new ability called charcoal armor or something.
the effect could be something along the lines of his grass type moves being x2 in the rain.
i don't know, give me your opinions to help me meld my ideas.
I'm pretty sure it's been stated that this CAP will have no pre-evo.

I'm pretty sure it's been stated that this CAP will have no pre-evo.
It's more that it's not an evolution of a pre-existing Pokemon. We could very easily make up a new random pre-evo, but it really should be a Fire or Fire/Grass Pokemon since this is Fire/Grass, not Grass/Fire.

well, i think we can make easy connections between the two types from the look of a pre-evo.
to make it simpler, here could be a rough description of the pre-evo
"*insert pokemons name* travel in packs around deserted islands (since he looks "tropical"). they are born with volcanoes on their backs, which when erupt, cause *insert name* to evolve."
remember, its just rough, thats not what i would put as the description.

Fizard.

You know, fire lizard. Short, sweet, too the point.

Or if we really want to be clever here, we can make something out of "wood" and "lizard." I call it Wizard. Here's the dex entry:

"Wild WIZARDs are notorious for their ability to speak human languages. They are often used as guard POKEMON, and will tell intruders that they shall not pass."

I think a good name would be Carboneous. If you translate this freely from Latin, it would mean 'made of burned wood'.
I like this! But I do thinkg it sounds a bit better if you take out the u: Carboneos.

I liked Coopers Fizard too. Short, obvious, but cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)