Creating Our Own Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to allow us to create our own pokemon, and then submit them for review. It would still be an entirely community project, with the trait, types, moves, and stats still voted on.

There would be a lot of trash concepts from unexperienced players, sure, but there could also potentially be a lot of good concepts. I know I have one lined up, and it wouldn't be able to see the light of day for a looong time, with the fire/grass not done yet, and the next pokemon being a weather changer already decided. If we got a subforum for full pokemon, the trash would take up less space in this forum.

If you want an example, I'll happily post mine :). It's a normal/water turtle thing with scrappy/rapid spin, and a bunch of other cool things.

This wasn't the intention of create-A-Pokemon project. it was meant to be a joint community effort and thus why I don't think this will ever be allowed. I myself have a pretty amazing concept for a Pokemon - TENTAGHOUL - Alas it would never come to fruition as the community would never vote or could draw what I imagine it to be like in my head.

So after the ramble I am doubtful

This wasn't the intention of create-A-Pokemon project. it was meant to be a joint community effort and thus why I don't think this will ever be allowed. I myself have a pretty amazing concept for a Pokemon - TENTAGHOUL - Alas it would never come to fruition as the community would never vote or could draw what I imagine it to be like in my head.

So after the ramble I am doubtful
If the community wants this, why couldn't they get it? Who cares what the original intentions were? I'm sure lots of people have awesome ideas and I would like to see them and share my own. If lots of people want this, there's no reason not to have it. So I submit the question to the community.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to allow us to create our own pokemon, and then submit them for review. It would still be an entirely community project, with the trait, types, moves, and stats still voted on.

There would be a lot of trash concepts from unexperienced players, sure, but there could also potentially be a lot of good concepts. I know I have one lined up, and it wouldn't be able to see the light of day for a looong time, with the fire/grass not done yet, and the next pokemon being a weather changer already decided. If we got a subforum for full pokemon, the trash would take up less space in this forum.

If you want an example, I'll happily post mine :). It's a normal/water turtle thing with scrappy/rapid spin, and a bunch of other cool things.
This.

Hi, my name is Blastoise @ Scrappy @ Fighting Weak.

Look, we're not going to make this an Open Forum for every zany idea any user dreams up. There's no control over that and it is just begging for posts just like yours.

That obviously wasn't the whole thing. Also, are you claiming Torkoal and Torterra are Blastoise copies as well, just without water type? Honestly, the idea is awesome, and I didn't post nearly the whole concept, because it's long and probably against the current rules. Don't be so judgemental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)