MS Paint Gallery

That's... crazy. I admire anyone who has the patience to put up with MS paint, but your stuff looks especially smooth and polished. :)

I particularly like the plushies, although I will say some look more like plush dolls than others.

Wow thats awesome! =) Those fakemons may not look like pokemon but they sure look very professional.

I remeber most of these from the pokemoncrater forums the dolphin was called sonar am i right ? Mr. potatoe head was made for a probopass disguise contest and the cubone head was also made for a contest, and im guessing those plushies were from your shop.

great work as always.

These are all very very good!!

Did you come up with names for your fakemon? I think a lot of us would like to put a name to the sprites.

The fakemon names (in order of appearance) are:
Boros, Huang, Ducama, Rastan.
Lupe, Lenegana, Phinny, Aquarian, Noves, Jackalope.

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
awesome work man.

i'm particularly amorous towards

Mind if i use it as an avatar?

I've still got a lot of work to do on this one. It's been a long time since I used more than a 1 pixel thick line for the outline of an image. The head, torso and left arm is pretty much done. I've done basics for the upper wings and abdomen. I've still to do right arm and lower wings. The abdomen needs a lot of tweaking before i'll finalize it and I'll probably research into crystal formations before completing the icy parts of Syclant.

I'd love feedback. I'll probably colour this since i'm putting more than the usual amount of work into it.

Edit: Oh heck. Sorry for the double post. I forgot I already updated this.

Damn that's beutiful... but it needs another arm...
No worries, she said she was gonna get to doing the right arm.

What this Syclant REALLY needs are buddies Revenankh and Pyroak in tow so that she can SUBMIT THEM AS A SET TO THE WEBSITE ART SUBMISSIONS THREAD.

Seriously, that's amazing, Wyverii. I'll be eagerly watching for updates.

Finished Syclant lineart and base colours. I decided to make the wings, abdomen tip and ice spike very crystalline in structure. The arms are also slightly triangular. I'll keep a copy of the lineart since some of this will probably be destroyed in the colouring. Again, feedback I'd like muchly. ^^

It appears that Potatopass is still popular. :3

As for the website thing. I don't know. Pixel art for official pictures? Doesn't sit right with me but since i've started i'll go on to make the other three CaP Pokes. I love the varying styles i've seen from submissions so far. It's not as fun to see a carbon copy of the original art.

Edit: Final art. I think I payed a bit too much attention to the abdomen point but I couldn't help myself. I may tweak this later but this is essentially the final draft. I love this CaP Poke so much after doing this. I'll wait for feedback before starting on Revvy.

(16 colours, mouse, MS paint)
Hmm, I really wish there was more pixel artists around here. I'd love a co-op project at some point. Maybe i'll team up with someone for the next CaP if I feel like it.

That is one nice Scylant... the only complaint I have is that the wings are have more patterns... I can't wait to see the other CAP
btw, I think the lack of pixel artists is because of how hard it is, I do not know how you manage to pull this off.
how long did it take you?

Hmm, it took about an hour for the lineart and I was working on it since I posted the original lineart which was about 4 and a half hours. So everything from research to completion took about 5h 30mins-6h. It wouldn't have taken as long if I didn't bother paying attention to AAing it which gives smooth colors in contrast to the outline.

As for the lack of patterning on the wings. If I recall correctly the female has the eye spots but lacks the patterning while the male's the other way round. The male also has longer fangs. I'm probably one of the few who looked to the sprite submissions for accuracy. Both genders are displayed above. (male version still uses 16 colours. xD Thank you colour conservation.)

Thank you all for your comments. If it's not too much trouble can people try and tell me what they like and dislike about my work (aka, feedback). I won't get mad if you pick holes in them. ;p Quite the opposite actually.

Well basic (and messy) sketch of Revvy with some detailing. I'd have done more but I don't have too much time left on the comp. It's to show that I am working on something and not procrastinating as I often do.

PS. Return of the hands. I'm going to become very good at them at this rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)