CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 10.5.1 (Movepool Spillover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poll Closed, New thread will be made soon

Level-Up Moves:
- Wood Hammer (Heart Scale)
- Flare Blitz (Heart Scale)
- Leer
- Pound
- Growl
5. Bullet Seed
9. Focus Energy
13. Ember
17. Growth
21. Leech Seed
28. Synthesis
35. Energy Ball
46. Lava Plume**
57. Zap Cannon
63. Flash Cannon
72. Hyper Beam

TM/HM Moves:
TM 05-Roar
TM 06-Toxic
TM 09-Bullet Seed
TM 10-Hidden Power
TM 11-Sunny Day
TM 15-Hyper Beam
TM 16-Light Screen
TM 17-Protect
TM 19-Giga Drain
TM 21-Frustration
TM 23-Iron Tail
TM 27-Return
TM 28-Dig
TM 30-Shadow Ball
TM 31-Brick Break
TM 32-Double Team
TM 33-Reflect
TM 34-Shock Wave
TM 35-Flamethrower
TM 36-Sludge Bomb
TM 38-Fire Blast
TM 39-Rock Tomb
TM 40-Aerial Ace
TM 42-Façade
TM 43-Secret Power
TM 44-Rest
TM 45-Attract
TM 50-Overheat
TM 53-Energy Ball
TM 56-Fling
TM 58-Endure
TM 61-Will-o-Wisp
TM 66-Payback
TM 68-Giga Impact
TM 76-Stealth Rock
TM 82-Sleep Talk
TM 83-Natural Gift
TM 86-Grass Knot
TM 87-Swagger
TM 90-Substitute
TM 91-Flash Cannon

HM 04-Strength
HM 06-Rock Smash
HM 08-Rock Climb

Egg Moves:
DragonBreath
Howl
Mud Bomb
Seed Bomb Aromatherapy
Leaf Storm

Since this guy doesn't have greenhouse, Sythesis might fit. Rest gives them enough time to bring in a counter, and they can switch out of leech seed. Yes

Charge Beam would give him coverage on things that resist Grass, such as flying. It would also power his special Attack to rediculous levels. No

Aromatherapy would give him the ability to heal off any paralysis that might hinder his sleep. Also, the adddition of this would make him a Support, Sweeper, and Tank, possibly in one moveset. No

1. Should this Pokémon get Recovery outside of Rest??
-Yes, Synthesis
-No, Rest and Leech Seed sapping is more than enough for him to survive.
No. Going to be hard enough to take down as is.

2. Should "Pass the Kutchie" be able to learn:
-Charge Beam? (Y/N) No
-Aromatherapy?* (Y/N) Yes
3 stat up moves No

Arometherapy is fine (though I doubt most would use it) Charge Beam seems a bit off so I voted no. Howl just doesn't feel right. Curse makes it a monster, Dragon Dance makes it too scary.

1) Recovery - Yes

2)
a. Charge Beam - No
b. Aromatherapy - Yes
c. Howl - Yes
d. Dragon Dance - No
e. Curse - No

And why should it be in the ground group? Monster/Dragon works perfectly well, and fits exactly in with Charizard and Sceptile.

you decided to not do anything about #1 :(
I was but I thought that since neither of them didn't made the cut (50+%) it would be a bit of a waste. Now that you mention, it would be a good way to see if people actually want Howl in this thing's movepool.

And why should it be in the ground group? Monster/Dragon works perfectly well, and fits exactly in with Charizard and Sceptile.
I mostly said that because of Howl and Mud Bomb being in it's egg list. I mostly go for Monster/Dragon or Monster/Ground.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
1) Recovery - Yes

2)
a. Charge Beam - No
b. Aromatherapy - Yes
c. Howl-Yes
d. Dragon Dance-No
e. Curse-No

Ugh....

Why do I have to change my universally affirmative vote?

Anyways:

Yes, Synthesis is the only real viable one and looking at Cresselia, weather gimped recovery isn't too useful.

Yes Howl
Yes Charge Beam
Yes Aromatheropy
No Curse
No Dragon Dance

Well, it can get Howl through Monster/Dragon (forget from whom... Exploud I think?). Mudshot... meh. It's not really a necessary move to determine it's egg group, considering Ground is the most ridiculous egg group ever.

Decided not to add it on his movepool and because it wasn't a serious attack to give him. It's ironic I say that though since I actually want this thing to be called Mariguana.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i say it should go on the movepool over energy ball actually, even if its just energy ball re-named

can we put it to a vote? not necessarily called that, but a 95 base power grass cannon attack in general.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yes, Synthesis

-Charge Beam? No
-Aromatherapy?* Yes
-Howl? (Y/N) Yes

Howl should be interesting since he is going learn Flare Blitz and Woodhammer.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
-No.

Honestly, I don't really care at this point, because it will be as useful to this Pokemon as it is to Cresselia (which isn't saying much), but I would still prefer it to be kept off for the sake of not making it look like we tried to throw everything we could into its movepool. In my opinion, keeping it off is much better than giving it a move that is presumably "useless."

-Charge Beam? No.

This should be obvious. At the very beginning most people knew this Pokemon would be very powerful if it got access to competitive moves outside of its STABs and Hidden Power, but as the process went by things like Zap Cannon and Brick Break came up that didn't seem too powerful. I was borderline on Zap Cannon (although I thought it would be interesting to try out) and didn't support Brick Break. Charge Beam is just pushing it for fairly obvious reasons such as a huge support pool and very customized stats.

-Aromatherapy?* Yes.

I like it because it puts even more pressure on the competition for a move slot when selecting what you want this Pokemon to do. Functioning much like Celebi, I think Aromatherapy on this would be a nice alternative to Blissey/Celebi.

-Howl? Yes.

This is an intriguing addition, and although it makes its physical attacking too viable for my tastes, I think it will turn out well. With tons of support options to choose from, a Howl sweeper is probably the last thing someone would consider when running this Pokemon, which creates the "surprise" when running a rather (in my opinion) inferior Howl set.

-Dragon Dance? No.
-Curse? No.

By the way, another set that should see some popularity:
Grass Knot
Lava Plume
Light Screen
Synthesis / Rest
(Synthesis preferred, here, but only if Synthesis makes the cut)

I don't support "Cannabis Cannon" because it simply adds an unneeded move into the metagame. I also really like the Grass Knot/Energy Ball choice you have to make when choosing a grass move.

-Yes, Synthesis

-Charge Beam? (No)
-Aromatherapy?* (Yes)
-Howl? (Yes)
-Dragon dance(Yes)
-Curse(No)

-Yes, Synthesis

-Charge Beam? (Y/N)
-Aromatherapy?*
-Howl?
-Dragon Dance? (Y/N)
-Curse? (Y/N)

-Yes, Synthesis

-Charge Beam?
-Aromatherapy?
-Howl?

YES TO ALLLLLLLLL!

can we put it to a vote? not necessarily called that, but a 95 base power grass cannon attack in general.
Not 100% sure about that. Doesn't truly scream "I need a signature move D:" here.

Also I decided to add DD and Curse onto the list. Originally I was going to redo question #1, but deicded that since this was a spillover poll I'll only put the top two option instead. I may be doing something crazy but I'm sticking to my decision.

-Yes, Synthesis

-Charge Beam? (Y/N)
-Aromatherapy?* (Y/N)
-Howl? (Y/N)
-Dragon Dance Yes
-Curse Yes

Charge Beam, yes, notice that Cress who while having much worse offenses based on satk and type has Calm Mind.

Aromatherapy, yes, I'd love to have a good aromatherapy pokemon that isn't Blissey or Celebi.

Howl, for the heck of it. I doubt it'd be broken.

Dragon Dance will definitely make it stand out as a strong pokemon while not being too powerful. I see it weakening top standards while still being quite counterable.

I forgot why I voted curse last time. I'm really not sure what my final vote will be on it. However, even without curse it's got great options.

No, this thing is incredibly bulky and would be hard enough to take down. Adding even more recovery options will indirectly make it harder and harder to counter.

-Charge Beam? (Y)

Hidden Power Electric is more powerful, so this seems okay to me. I wouldn't mind about losing this vote, though.

-Aromatherapy?* (N)

It doesn't really fit, but I wouldn't mind if I got outvoted on this one, either.

-Howl? (Y)

Sure. Basically Dragon Dance minus the Spe Boost.

-Dragon Dance? (Y)

Not bad, considering its mediocre Atk, and even worse Spe. For comparision, Tyranitar is rarely seen as a Dragon Dancer, and it has a tremendous 134 base Atk Stat to back it up. This has about 60 Base Stat points worse than that.

-Curse? (N)

No defense boosts, imo. It's tough enough to break through 120/105/90 defenses without it Cursing in your face. I think it would be almost worse than Curselax, considering that it has exceptional coverage with just its STABbed attacks.

Lava Plume > Flamethrower+Will-o-Wisp is perfectly okay for the level-up list. It already learns FT and WoW through TMs and I like Lava Plume on this anyway; I think it fits flavor-wise.

-Charge Beam? Yes
-Aromatherapy? No
-Howl? Yes
-Dragon Dance? No
-Curse? No

-Yes, Synthesis

-Charge Beam? (Y)
-Aromatherapy?* (Y)
-Howl? (Y)
-Dragon Dance? (Y)
-Curse? (Y)

Yes to all, to support the eventual outcomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)