CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 10.5.1 (Movepool Spillover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LA we have a thread for that, post possible sets there.
Also LS runs the analysis bit.
I saw the thread, it seems useless seeing as some of the moves you guys have chosen may not even be picked. I'll post them in the thread once i get the update on this poll. A big mistake the community made was making both Flare Blitz and Wood Hammer heart scale moves. They should have only made Flare Blitz and Wood Hammer available with egg moves. So now the Dragon Dance set will probably be broken.

Theorymon of one single player about a vote decided by the majority does not sound like a very convincing argument.

For a Pokemon this big, where the hell is Earthquake?
As much sense as it would make, it does remove a certain potential for Tentacruel to come in on this thing, as well as for lolMuk (he can counter Syclant to an extent...just not Revenankh). Then again, I predict that after some playtesting, people will see that this thing's low Atk stat and lack of boosters might allow it to be in after all.

Nonetheless, you should have come earlier. It's too late to add new moves now before playtesting.

Theorymon of one single player about a vote decided by the majority does not sound like a very convincing argument.quote]

It was more of an announcement not a damn arguement. How dumb do you think i am? Why would i argue with the community, when i'm severely out numbered. Only about 3-4 people probably agree with what i said.

You said it was a mistake of the community to give it both moves. Sounds more like an opinion than a neutral announcement to me. Not really something you can't expect people to ignore either.

You said it was a mistake of the community to give it both moves. Sounds more like an opinion than a neutral announcement to me. Not really something you can't expect people to ignore either.
My announcement wasn't meant to be ignored. To be honest, i don't think anyone who makes an announcement wants it to be ignored. My announcement was based on my opinion, doesn't mean i can change what people think. I just wanted to add my 2 cents about the mistake I, i repeat I thought the community made. I never once said i wanted to debate the issue because that would pointless and pointless. If Dragon Dance gets chosen, the community can realize for themselves that either Dragon Dance or one of those 120 base power moves must leave.

Okay, I'm probably coming in way to late here, but why the hell would we give Seed Bomb/Wood Hammer and Electric attacks to the same pokemon? It's like we're purposely trying to break the Woodman, which is definitely not the point of this project. That's the equivalent of giving Thunderbolt to Syclant. Bulky Waters once had a chance of switching in safely on a Flamethrower/Lava Plume or Zap Cannon with their massive special defense, but now every Water type is basically required to run some kind of mixed set to handle a physical OR special Woodman. Seriously, that's just way too intense.

Also no Synthesis.

That only really holds true for Milotic, who takes much more damage from Seed Bomb/Wood Hammer than from Grass Knot, especially due to often being SpDef focused. Suicune, however, is often physically defensive. Swampert dies either way. Tentacruel doesn't significantly care more about Charge Beam than Grass Knot.

The combination of Electric + Wood Hammer doesn't seem deadly to me. Or if it is, not really different from just Wood Hammer.

Don't blame me entirely, blame the majority of people who voted. Beside if we had to move one of it's heart scale moves over to egg move, I say Flare Blitz. Wood Hamer makes much more sense on him as an level-up move than Flare Blitz.

I don't mind WoodHammer/Seed Bomb/Flare Blitz. Honestly, EQ would suit this Pokemon more than its electric type attacks.

Agreeing with Blu that ground makes more sense here. Even Mudshot (lawl) would have made sense on this guy, but not the electric attacks...

Meh, I'm a whore for flavor though.

Don't blame me entirely, blame the majority of people who voted. Beside if we had to move one of it's heart scale moves over to egg move, I say Flare Blitz. Wood Hamer makes much more sense on him as an level-up move than Flare Blitz.
Flare Blitz: The miniature volcanoes on it's back allow it to exhume large amounts of thrust and heat, turning itself into a giant Fireball.

Wood Hammer: It's got armor made of wood on it's arms.

Either could easily move to egg moves. Just got to ask yourself what you want to accomplish by moving it down. Do you not want it to have an attack up move with one of them (like I prefer)? If so:

Wood Hammer needs to become an egg move if Dragon Dance, but not Curse is allowed. Torterra would be able to learn both Wood Hammer and Curse.

Flare Blitz needs to become an egg move if Curse, but not Dragon Dance, is allowed. Charizard would be able to learn both Flare Blitz and Dragon Dance.

If Howl is allowed, then no worries. Exploud is the only thing on the egg list that learns it, and doesn't learn either of the 120BP STAB Recoil moves for Woodman.

This, of course, assumes a Monster/Dragon egg group. But you also have to remember, this is primarily a Fire type Pokemon, with grass as it's secondary. If Flare Blitz is put into the egg moves, it's level-up pool's strongest fire attack would be Lava Plume, whereas grass would have Energy Ball and Wood Hammer. Plus, I'm pretty sure the only other thing in the egg moves that would be able to carry over with Flare Blitz would be lolzDragon Breath.

Just got to ask yourself what you want to accomplish by moving it down. Do you not want it to have an attack up move with one of them (like I prefer)?
That what I was thinking about if DD and/or Curse made it through. I just did the vote tall and while I'm not going to post it up at the moment I have to say, I kinda saw the results coming from a mile away.

BTW, did anyone ever wondered where that whole "Pass the Kutchie" thing came from?

I assume "Kutchie" is some form of slang for marijuana, considering you wanted the new move to be called Cannibus Cannon. The rest of the phrase is obvious once you see that.

Yea a Kutchie is a joint.

I'm voting this

1. Should this Pokémon get Recovery outside of Rest??
-Yes, Synthesis

2. Should "Pass the Kutchie" be able to learn:
-Charge Beam? No
-Aromatherapy? Yes
-Howl? Yes
-Dragon Dance No
-Curse Yes

shouldn't it be Dutchie, though?
A Dutchie is a specific kind of joint made with some Dutch cigar or something, but a Kutchie is a generic term for a joint.

-Yes, Synthesis
-No, Rest and Leech Seed sapping is more than enough for him to survive.

-Charge Beam? Yes
-Aromatherapy? Yes
-Howl? Yes
-Dragon Dance? Yes
-Curse? No

Make Lava Plume a voting thing becasue I think it should have Flamethrower and WoW.

Tennisace0227 wanted Cannibus Cannon, not me. I did however wanted Mariguana to be it's name. Either way, Kutchie is suppose to be another jab at this Pokemon's typing.

I honestly think that the community is being a bit meek and scared about overpowering this guy on the whole DD issue. If it does go through, I think we need to respect the winning vote that both FB and WH would be heart Scale moves, playtest, and make one an egg move if, and only if, they are then broken together on a set with DD.

-Yes, Synthesis
-No, Rest and Leech Seed sapping is more than enough for him to survive.

-Charge Beam? Yes
-Aromatherapy? Yes
-Howl? Yes
-Dragon Dance? No
-Curse? No

Also, how come we didn't give this guy Double-Edge? I see a CB Wood Hammer/Flare Blitz/Brick Break/Return set being an option, but why not give it D-E for the extra 18 BP?

Final Tally Time

Should this Pokémon get Recovery outside of Rest??
-Yes, Synthesis -35
-No, Rest and Leech Seed sapping is more than enough for him to survive. -20

-Charge Beam? (Y: 24 / N: 29)
-Aromatherapy?* (Y: 38 / N: 16)
-Howl? (Y: 43 / N: 12)
-Dragon Dance? (Y: 24 / N: 31)
-Curse? (Y: 22 / N: 37)

Total number of complete and/or 90% completed votes: 55

Finding the winners is easy, just divided each yes/no total with the total number of votes. Anything over 50% is considered the verdict. So for example Charge Beam is:

Yes: 24 or 43.6%
No: 29 or 52.7%

Since No for charge beam has over 50% of all the votes on it, it doesn't make the cut. I would describe more but I got to go lol

Mariguana, the Joint pokemon

Its cannons release a sweet smell from the burning of certain plant substances. Anyone who smokes the cannons will become high.

It's perfect! A fire-grass type = joint pokemon! It even defies what most people would think of when they first imagine a fire-grass pokemon!

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
yea... its ok for a joke, but I really hope everyone does not vote for the joke name... or even better its not on the poll...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)