Idea for a team...

I recently got the hang of EV training and breeding in order to get special moves. I decided to start new team using these and other advenced Pokemon raising techniques. Before I started using the team, I wanted to make sure it was a decent on with nice type coverage. So please rate my team. (And please try to keep in mind that I'm new to advanced strategy)

1:Lucario@ExpertBelt
SteadFast
190 ATK and 210 DEF
Naughty/Hates to Lose
:Blaze Kick
:Sky Uppercut/Close Combat
:Dragon Pulse
:Earthquake

This one I'm not really sure about. The stats and such are decent, but the moves could be better. Not really sure about whether I should have CloseCombat or S-Uppercut. Both are powerful. But I'm not sure whether I want a low-PP, High Damage move or a High-PP, Moderate Damage move. Dragon Pulse to deal with any dragons. *coughGarchomp* Earthquake to deal with the many fire types like Magmortar and Flareon.

2:Crobat@Sky Plate
Inner Focus
250 ATK and 190 DEF
Quiet/Proud of it's Power
:Mean Look
:Toxic
:Brave Bird
:Confuse Ray

Crobat is really a staller as indicated by the Mean Look-Toxic combo.
However, thanks to Starapter (bred for brave bird) and Sky Plate, Crobats only Damaging move i powered up. Confuse Ray is also used with mean look. It has quiet nature because Crobat's speed is 10/10 already, and it's personality (proud of it's Power) boosts speed back up anyway.

3:Cacturne@BigRoot
Sand Veil
250 DEF 70 SPD
Naughty/Loves to relax
:Sandstorm
:Dynamic Punch
:Giga Drain
:Sucer Punch

Cacturne knows DynamicPunch to damage/confuse most enemies. Big Root raises the amount of HP that Giga Drain Takes, while Sandstorm raises it's accuracy. Sucker punch is a staller move that helps buy time to raise accuracy.

4:Sableye@BrightPowder
Stall
250 ATK 50 DEF
Jolly/Hates to Lose
:Recover
:Shadow Claw
:Power Gem
:Knock Off

Sableye is a relatively slow Pokemon, with a 3/10 speed stat. Using BrightPowder helps it to evade while it recovers. Knock Off gets rid of any items the foe may be trying to use, and in the competetive battling scene that almost always a guarantee. Shadow Claw and Power Gem help lower the enemy's health once Knock Off gets rid of thier item.

5:Pinsir(Shiny!!)@SilverPowder
Hyper Cutter
(Only on lvl 63, I'll post his EVs when they're done)
Naive/Quick Tempered
:Guillotine
:Brick Break
:SuperPower
:X-Scissor

Everybody loves Pinsir!! Pinsir has silverpowder to boost his weakest move, X-Scissor. Brick Break for small hits then finish with Guillotine.

5:Skipper the Swampert@Leftovers
Torrent
(Skipper was traded to Emerald from Ruby, then Migrated to Diamond. Back when Ruby was out, I didnt know what EVs were. However, Skipper definetely has some. If someone could please tell me Skipper's EVs based on his stats, that'd be great.)
ATK: 269 DEF:219 Sp ATK: 202 Sp DEF:228 Speed:164
Quirky/Strong Willed
:Ice Beam
:Earthquake
:Hammer Arm
:Muddy Water

Skipper is my favorite Pokemon. Using Ice beam, Skipper has taken down dragons, flying, and grass type Pokemon. Using Hammer Arm, Skipper has taken down Dark and Normal types. Muddy Water is for Fire, Rock, Ground and Steel types. Finally, Earthquake is for steel, fire, and Diggers.
Surprising amount of type coverage from Skipper.

So there it is. Please comment and rate. (feel free to use the X/10 system) Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. ^_^

you're aware you don't have full EV spreads right? and the other two pokes are kinda neccesary to help you out bro. also, don't use quick claw. random items are too big a risk in online play.

you're aware you don't have full EV spreads right? and the other two pokes are kinda neccesary to help you out bro. also, don't use quick claw. random items are too big a risk in online play.
To answer your questions/statements in order...
1:Yes I do not have full EV spreads. I only list the highest ones. The rest of thier stats are normal for thier nature and lvl. (all 100).
2.Like I said, I'm still haven't bred the correct nature yet. I'll post it when it hatches, and until it does, this team isn't on WiFi.
3.Okay, when the other 2 Pokemon are added, I'll try and find a new item for Sableye.

Thanks for your comment. ^_^

In some battles, quick claw is banned. You might have to replace sableye. Spiritomb is the same type, OU insted of your UU, makes a great wall, and a great replacement for sableye

You also need a wall. For cacturne, dynamic punch is inacurate. A good moveset for him would be the focus sash+counter or the subpunchseeder. (find it on smogon dex) Brightpowder for cacturne is a better item than a big root.

In some battles, quick claw is banned. You might have to replace sableye. Spiritomb is the same type, OU insted of your UU, makes a great wall, and a great replacement for sableye

You also need a wall. For cacturne, dynamic punch is inacurate. A good moveset for him would be the focus sash+counter or the subpunchseeder. (find it on smogon dex) Brightpowder for cacturne is a better item than a big root.
I'll give Sableye a brightpowder instead of quick claw. Me & Sableye have been through too much now to just replace it... ^_^

Give Cacturne Counter>Dynamic Punch, you got it, thanks for the advice!

really dude, spiritomb is 10 times better than sabeleye. if you make a sleep talk spiritomb, it's an incredible wall. I got dominated by one of those the other day with my old team

Actually....

really dude, spiritomb is 10 times better than sabeleye. if you make a sleep talk spiritomb, it's an incredible wall. I got dominated by one of those the other day with my old team
Actually, before I had decided to put Sableye on my team, Spiritomb was a big candidate. If Sableye doesn't work out, Spiritomb will be my first choice, or at least on an alternate team. Oh, and thanks for the comment!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)