CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 14 (Closing Thoughts and other things)

How many Pre-evos should Pyroak have?

• None

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • One

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Two

Votes: 73 69.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Main Pokemon Information:
Name: Pyroak
Type: Fire/Grass
Stat Spread: 120 HP / 70 Atk / 105 Def / 95 SpA / 90 SpD / 60 Speed
BST: 540
Ability #1: Rock Head
Ability #2: Battle Armor

Pokedex Information:
Height: 6' 9"
Weight: 370

Dex Entry #1: The smoke from PYROAK's flames is said to have soothing qualities. However, it is also known to induce odd behaviour in Pokémon and humans alike.

Dex Entry #2: All PYROAK keep the same set of armor throughout their entire life. It is said the age of any PYROAK can be estimated by counting the rings in the wood.

Dex Entry #3: PYROAK are known to engage in ceremonial duels banning use of their cannons. Their armour protects them from injuring themselves when charging one another.

Movepool:
Level-Up Moves:
- Wood Hammer (Heart Scale)
- Flare Blitz (Heart Scale)
- Leer
- Pound
- Growl
5. Bullet Seed
9. Focus Energy
13. Ember
17. Growth
21. Leech Seed
28. Synthesis
35. Energy Ball
46. Lava Plume
57. Zap Cannon
63. Flash Cannon
72. Hyper Beam

TM/HM Moves:
TM 05-Roar
TM 06-Toxic
TM 09-Bullet Seed
TM 10-Hidden Power
TM 11-Sunny Day
TM 15-Hyper Beam
TM 16-Light Screen
TM 17-Protect
TM 19-Giga Drain
TM 21-Frustration
TM 22-SolarBeam
TM 23-Iron Tail
TM 27-Return
TM 28-Dig
TM 30-Shadow Ball
TM 31-Brick Break
TM 32-Double Team
TM 33-Reflect
TM 34-Shock Wave
TM 35-Flamethrower
TM 36-Sludge Bomb
TM 38-Fire Blast
TM 39-Rock Tomb
TM 40-Aerial Ace
TM 42-Façade
TM 43-Secret Power
TM 44-Rest
TM 45-Attract
TM 50-Overheat
TM 53-Energy Ball
TM 56-Fling
TM 58-Endure
TM 61-Will-o-Wisp
TM 66-Payback
TM 68-Giga Impact
TM 76-Stealth Rock
TM 82-Sleep Talk
TM 83-Natural Gift
TM 86-Grass Knot
TM 87-Swagger
TM 90-Substitute
TM 91-Flash Cannon

HM 04-Strength
HM 06-Rock Smash
HM 08-Rock Climb

Egg Moves:
DragonBreath
Howl
Mud Bomb
Seed Bomb
Aromatherapy
Leaf Storm

Closing Statement:
Well the Pokemon known as Pyroak is like 99% complete and is ready to be use on Shoddy. Most of what you see here is what you get, minus any minor things and a pre-evolution(s) or two that managed to sneak in. Being Topic Leader was both fun and tiring at times. After taking on this role for awhile it gave me a newfound respect towards past topic leaders as well as moderators like. My only regret is the fact that this project was processing too slowly for everyone’s liking and had too many bold polls. Future topic leaders will learn from this and fix it with their decisions making skills.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Two preevolutions FTW.

I believe I saw a great pic with a possible evolution chain made by elagune on the art selection poll. That being said, I am all for it.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Nice job with Pyroak, Gothic Togekiss. You have had to deal with more adversity than any previous TL. This project was the guinea pig for many new concepts and procedures. I think you did a nice job of keeping your wits about you and kept moving forward. Thank you for your contribution to the CAP project.

If you are interested in logging on the CAP server, I'll be happy to give you dibs on the first official battle with Pyroak.

Excellent work! I knew you were the best choice for the job out of all that had nominated themselves for TL.

lol GT we made it take so long. We kept interrupting your polls with process issues that we forgot to resolve.

Anyways, I definitely enjoy being a contributer to this more than leading it. Way too much work... Thanks GT for giving me a chance to have fun again.

I still never understood why it can't learn EQ when he's freaking huge.
Maybe since we all decided that giving it a strong bp ground type move would make it too powerful....

btw Snorlax doesn't get Slack Off and that is what he does... so even when a move fits a pokemon perfectly that doesn't mean they have to have it.

I think the reason why Snorlax can't Slack Off is because it will probably end up falling to sleep ;x

Slack off implies one is being lazy and...well slacking off. Snorlax is the sleeping pokemon. If one is already asleep, then how can one slack off?

People said that earthquake was too powerful of a move for this thing to have, so no Earthquake in it's movepool. I do agree though that it make no sense from an appearance point of view but I went with what the masses said.

All I have to say is Good Job organizing this CAP! You did a great job, but to future CAP leaders, do not do so many Bold Polls because it slows the process down quite a bit. I have only one question. When is Pyroak gonna be able to be used on Shoddy??

this CAP project went slower than syclant and revenankh by far.
anyways, for the next CAP project, i think we should do a fire/ghost.. i have a great idea for it.

this CAP project went slower than syclant and revenankh by far.
anyways, for the next CAP project, i think we should do a fire/ghost.. i have a great idea for it.
Syclant probably, but I think Revenankh was something like 11 weeks. This was 6. As for Fire/Ghost... not likely. That'd be reusing the two main types from the last two projects, which has very little chance of happening.

I think we already decided on weather project, then our scrappy rapid spinner.
It's not set in stone. A concept discussion will occur before the main typing poll, in which a concept is decided on. More than likely it'll end up being weather, but there's a chance it won't (especially if we can't get any concrete data on how powerful the weather is...).

As for the poll at hand, I voted 2 pre-evo, since Elagune (I feel I keep misspelling your name, sorry) already made art for two. Not that that means we have to use them, but why not since it makes no actual difference overall?

There we go. I believe that somebody may have put in a few very well-done names and suggestions a couple threads ago.

Anyway, I have to congratulate GT for putting up with all our bullshit so far. Ajob very well-done, and I think clear to everybody that the quality of the work has gone way up (and I'm not just talking about artwork and sprites).

It's also lead to some fundamental changes in the CAP, such as the deciding on the theme before anything else, which is most definitely a positive thing.

I can't get over seeing Flamaple as flam apple. If you're merging two words at a consonant directly followed by a single vowel, most people will read it as a short vowel. If you want a long vowel, you'll probably need two vowels in a row (if Pyroak were spelled Pyrok, I'd probably pronounce it as Pie-Rock).

I think we can say "Pyroak refuses to hurt the environment and so he will not quake the Earth..." rofl, but a valid reason. Anyways, good job on this CAP, I'm looking forward to the next one.

Final Suggestion: Please give it Solar Beam, a pokemon with his typing was made for Solar Beam on a Sunny Day Team!

P.S. Final evo picture Totally reminds me of Grovyle+Infernape, which is totally cool.

That is odd. Why isn't Solar Beam on it's TM list? I'm pretty sure there was no dispute towards it.

As for Close Combat, we're not going to just arbitrarily add moves to it, especially really powerful ones like that when others like Brick Break barely made it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)