CAP 3 CAP 3 - Part 14 (Closing Thoughts and other things)

How many Pre-evos should Pyroak have?

• None

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • One

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Two

Votes: 73 69.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was that with 70 Base Attack, Close Combat isn't that strong, especially without stab.

It would be as strong as Pyroak's STAB Seed Bomb, off 70 base attack.

I voted no pre-evos because it means less work, but I see I'm in the vast minority, and there's already kickass art for them so whatever!

Also good job G_T. This must have been a hell.

I voted two pre-evos they wouldn't be that hard to make would they? Sure they would need new dex entries and names but the move pool would be simple, just make the levels they learn pyoak's moves higher.
Say for pyroak.jr hyper beam at level 60, and pyroak.jr.jr level 55. or just don't give them it.

The concept pictures don't even need to be done since Elaquen has already provided some very nice concepts, And since he came up with pyroaks look he should be the one to make pyroak jr and pyroak jr jr's concept.

Also good job gt. This may of been the first project i took part in but it seemed to go very smoothly.

I voted two pre-evos, but only because they fit. If those end with no sprite and no implementation into the server, it's fine. I just like the idea of this being a 3 stage pokémon.

Also, good job GT.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'll be honest: at first I felt that Gothic Togekiss was not doing as good a job as Hyra (the Revenankh leader). However, as time passed I saw Gothic Togekiss leading the project calmly amid lots of complaints, and thus it turned out that he was quite a good project leader, so congratulations go to him.

I like Embirch as a name, but Flamaple could be replaced by Flammaple. Because of the double 'm', it doesn't sound like 'apple' at the end.

And I voted for 2 pre-evos.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll be honest: at first I felt that Gothic Togekiss was not doing as good a job as Hyra (the Revenankh leader). However, as time passed I saw Gothic Togekiss leading the project calmly amid lots of complaints, and thus it turned out that he was quite a good project leader, so congratulations go to him.

I like Embirch as a name, but Flamaple could be replaced by Flammaple. Because of the double 'm', it doesn't sound like 'apple' at the end.

And I voted for 2 pre-evos.
I always pronounced it as "Fla-maple" anyway. How does anyone pronounce anything "apple" without seeing two p's? The extra m just exacerbates the problem as people try to say "Flam" and then try and go from a hard m to a long a. That and double m looks horrible.

The problem you had was that your reference point was "Flammable" rather than "Maple" If you focus empahasis on the second syllables, (EmbBirch, FlaMaple, PyRoak), your problem is solved.

Maybe it's just a New England thing.

Anyway, good job Gothic_Togekiss. Mad props and all that.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nice job G_T, very well done.

Voted 2 prevos, there is art and names already.

so... how long till Pyroak will be up on the server? Cant wait to try it.

just make the levels they learn pyoak's moves higher.
Say for pyroak.jr hyper beam at level 80, and pyroak.jr.jr level 85. or just don't give them it.
That's not how it works. Pre-evo's learn moves earlier. Say, by 5 levels. Or not at all. Hyper Beam is just the wrong example, because that move is only learned by a few unevolved Pokemon (Dragonair, for example), and for the rest exclusive to fully evolved ones.

That's not how it works. Pre-evo's learn moves earlier. Say, by 5 levels. Or not at all. Hyper Beam is just the wrong example, because that move is only learned by a few unevolved Pokemon (Dragonair, for example), and for the rest exclusive to fully evolved ones.
opps sorry i got it mixed round ^^; i'll edit it now thanks.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I voted for two evos, because that art is really awesome and I would hate to see it wasted.

And good job, GT. I think you handled this really nicely.

Amazing.

Been off of smogon for a long time and now I am back and the CaP went this far.

So exactly how many have you guys done so far?

-Trogdor (now known as PyroDudeX)

Well, 2 pre-evos seems best. Noice work peeps.

Now all we need is a proper defensive thing as CAP 4, a la Blissish and we have major thoughts. SO far we have:

Syclant, some mixed sweeper built for pissing off those who spam SR and say Hail Sucks.

Revenankh, or Revenwank, depending on your thoughts, who is practically a sweeping version of Dusknoir.

Pyroak, the bastard son of Infernape, Forretress and a random stereotypical Hawaiian.

So what now for us? We test the newborn here and viability against the other two. This'll be fun.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i actually am starting to think that we're making these a little TOO good. syclant is unbelieveable and revenankh makes every ghost but gengar obselete. i cant say what this one will do, but i have a feeling bulky grassers are on the way out.

I agree Rev is a little strong, but it'd be hard to change that without outright screwing his movepool, stats, or ability. The ability is the easiest change, but still. As for making every ghost other than Gengar obsolete... Gengar already made every ghost other than Gengar obsolete. =P

Syclant is only so strong because he has that ridiculous 121 speed. Why does he have to be so fast? Even just 120 would be miles more sane.

This guy... hard to say. Soon we shall know.

Does anyone else realize we are lighting two professors on fire with these names? Can we make the third one fit as well?

Embirch - Hello GSC or RSE. Professor Birch does exist though.
Flamaple - There is no Professor Maple
Pyroak - Everyone's favorite, Professor Oak.

and to those complaining about the Strength of what we have made, why not? It's fun to break the metagame every few months.

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
That would be an interesting trend within the evolution chain. Flamelm, lol.

However, there is no reasonable way to include "Professor Rowan" in a name. Regardless, Rowan is a plant and not a tree.

EDIT: As for Scylant and Revenankh, I agree with Dane on all accounts. Probably the easiest way to balance Revenankh would be to knock Shed Skin off and just keep Air Lock as an ability. And, honestly, Scylant could probably have it speed brought down to 110, Gengar's speed, and it'd probably still be a threat. Even 115 for a Starmie tie, or +1 to either of those for that annoying outspeed, heh. This is all theorymon, of course, and could all be debated upon when a thread to fix the older CAPs comes up (if it ever does).

As for making every ghost other than Gengar obsolete... Gengar already made every ghost other than Gengar obsolete. =P
You really can't comprehend how much I agree with the gengar vs Rev statement in this. Really, Gengar makes every ghost type that tries to be a sweeper look bad, it's just far too amazing. Rev doesn't outright replace dusknoir but at least it appears to be much better. C'mon how many of you who have used Rev will prefer dusknoir? Obviously Rev's movepool is extremely different, but that doesn't stop it from making dusknoir look a little bad.

First I want to say thanks towards everyone with their wonderful comments. Secondary, There's a Prof Ivy, Elm, Birch, Rowan(which is a real plant to my surprise). How about we call one of them "Elmmmable".....yes I know, that's just awful.

BTW, I probably be on the CAP server as soon as I find out how to get on the server.

That sounds... odd. If you must have elm, how about "Flarelm". Flare + Elm. Trying to keep a common letter between them (note: Flame maple, merge mem to just m, Flamaple, or Ember birch, merge berb to just b, Embirch).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)