New OU List

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Donphan in BL, thank god! I almost makes me want to play BL again and make a whole new team. Almost. Stupid Obamasnow I have to worry about again, as well as the likely influx of rain teams celebrating the return of their idiot King (Kingdra + Azumarill = overkill murder). I never had a problem with Ninjask and agree it was never OU material. As for P-Z.....ahahahaha!

I wonder why Electivire is still up there? Perhaps anti-Zapdos, but from what I understand, no one uses it anymore.

I remember when people were saying pory-z to uber. LoL.
Donphan is really good imo, but only for it's cb surprise.

All together this is a good list for me, all I want now is deoxys-s and garchump in uber and I will be happy.

I'm really happy to see Roserade in OU! One of my favorite pokemon! Spiritomb is cool to see up there too.

Donphan was really obvious and I don't miss it. So was Abomasnow. However, I really wasn't expecting Pory-Z there. Ninjask never deserved to be OU. Kingdra being gone is very sad for me.

I'm also happy wobb is ubers.

P-Z in BL? now all you need is Staraptor and P-Z to wreck havoc in BL, lol.. luckily, it's not a real tier.

I'm still wondering why Dusknoir is OU, and more about why he is used more than Spiritomb. Donphan was BL from early D/P in my book, never really understood the fuss about this thing.

Roserade deserves this, although now with Wobb gone, I wonder if it will still be used that much.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
P-Z in BL? now all you need is Staraptor and P-Z to wreck havoc in BL, lol.. luckily, it's not a real tier.
Staraptor's use has gone down a lot in BL, actually. I think my pushing of P2 leads have brought its use down a bit. xDDD

My hunch is that Kingdra+Azu rain teams will be spammed everywhere with P-Z either popping up once in awhile or largely ignored. The only reason people will use it is Adaptibility Nasty Plot, over say, Mismagius. P-Z is somewhat frail compared to some other big BL names, but only time will tell. Another scenario could be that P-Z now doesn't particularily have to run Choice Scarf exclusively, so now people will have to prepare for the incoming Specs-Z flood.

good thing Roserade is getting the respect it deserves and moving onto the next tier. Not overrated nor really overused in the same same sense as others but a damn good candidate for your teams and great foe if its in good hands.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
With the shoddy usage stats out for the new month, it looks like most of these pokemon have solidified their place on the OU list. Garchomp usage is still skyrocketing (its lead as #1 most used pokemon has jumped almost 3 million points).

Also, Deoxys-Speed almost came in as BL last time...but managed to jump all the way to number 23 on the usage list!

I'm also surprised about my main man Abomasnow...maybe the Hail trend is finally out the door :(

Just wondering, how is Milotic in OU while Donphan is not? Milotic is below Donphan on both Weighted and Unweighted Usage Lists. And I still think there needs to be another Pokémon added to replace Wobbuffet, though I could be wrong.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
With everyone clamoring on about the new and old OUs... is no one disgusted by the ever shrinking OU? At one point we had as many as 50 Pokemon in the OU tier... now that list has gone down to 45. That's a 10% decrease in viable pokemon.... That's freakin' ridiculous. Something is to blame for this, and SOMETHING needs to leave OU. *hint* starts with a "G"... and ends with an "archomp".

How do you reach that conclusion with absolutely no evidence whatsoever? "Well, SOMETHING'S to blame, I vote Garchomp be our scapegoat!"

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's not with out evidence. The OU list is slowly getting shorter... and Garchomp's usage is slowly dwarfing the rest of OU... Sounds like those are two incredibly connected occourances.

Just because I didn't say it in my post doesn't mean that there isn't evidence.

garchomp's usage is changing the makeup of the tier, due to the nature of the way the tiers are made up, even if we go through with testing it for its power, the fact its slowly shrinking the OU tier is enough in my view to get it moved sooner rather then later.
and are these current usage stats compensated for wobbys removal now (wobbys % use is removed to give a reading)?

Thing is, a few of the pokemon dropping out can be seen as counters to garchomp. Milotic(looks like soon to be gone) and Scarfgon can come in on an SD and OHKO with an ice beam. (if it stays in, and no Yache but thats another point) Donphan can take any non-banded hit and 2HKO with ice shard.

Something wierds going on >_>

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Porygon-Z may have been hindering away in the corner in terms of usage, but it certainly suprises me to say the least. With impressive Special Attack, respectable Speed and an exeptional movepool, Porygon-Z manages to find a place in the BL tier.

Congratulations to Rosarade. Leads off with Sleep Power and Toxic Spikes, as too paired with formiddable Special Attack and Speed was undoubtably OU before the initial usage statistics were released. I have seen many Rosarade on the ladder lately, so it was only a matter of time.

Thing is, a few of the pokemon dropping out can be seen as counters to garchomp. Milotic(looks like soon to be gone) and Scarfgon can come in on an SD and OHKO with an ice beam. (if it stays in, and no Yache but thats another point) Donphan can take any non-banded hit and 2HKO with ice shard.

Something wierds going on >_>
Donphan only 2HKOs with a choice band set, otherwise its a 3HKO

I think it's time for people to start trying Agility Porygon-Z. 526 speed and 405 special attack is nothing to laugh at. It easily gets late-game sweeps. Or, Sub + Nasty Plot works too, blocking Status and Revenge kills. You can even throw Salac Berry on there if you're brave enough to attempt a full on sweep.

@ Kagster123: People have given up trying to "counter" Garchomp and instead all have crazy fast teams that prevent it from setting up.

Ah i see thanks. It always worked out for me as a counter though...

EDIT:Thanks Skiddle, i guess thats why i stopped using Milotic and Donphan....I've actually used Scarfzam as a revenge killer. People think im crazy when i scarf an Alakazam with that massive speed, but when it OHKO's their scarfchomp or scarfgar, they realize its anything but funny. :)

I think i need a new "counter" to Garchomp then.

It's not with out evidence. The OU list is slowly getting shorter... and Garchomp's usage is slowly dwarfing the rest of OU... Sounds like those are two incredibly connected occourances.

Just because I didn't say it in my post doesn't mean that there isn't evidence.
"Correlation is not causation."

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
According to X-Act, Garchomp alone comprises 4.75% of all used pokemon, almost a full 1% ahead of Gengar who comes in at number 2.

So how short does the OU list have to get before it's considered "centralisation" and not a "natural flux"?

But centralization around what, exactly? Yes, Garchomp is the most used Pokemon, but there's no proof the metagame centralizes around it, or that the decrease in the amount of OU Pokemon has anything to do with it. If Garchomp were really so overcentralizing, why would it make sense that Abomasnow dropped to BL? A team full of Ice Pokemon is about as anti-Garchomp as you can get. Several of the other Pokemon that fell into BL also were not Pokemon directly affected by Garchomp either.

That's true. I've run Expert Belt Donphan just to allow Ice Shard to 2HKO. Of course, that was back when Choice Scarf Garchomp was rampant and Swords Dance Yache Berry Garchomp was largely unused.

But centralization around what, exactly? Yes, Garchomp is the most used Pokemon, but there's no proof the metagame centralizes around it, or that the decrease in the amount of OU Pokemon has anything to do with it. If Garchomp were really so overcentralizing, why would it make sense that Abomasnow dropped to BL? A team full of Ice Pokemon is about as anti-Garchomp as you can get. Several of the other Pokemon that fell into BL also were not Pokemon directly affected by Garchomp either.
Of course there's no way in hell Garchomp is switching in on a Hail team unless it's very sure you're not going to launch a random Blizzard, but it can still easily switch in for free once something on its team is killed and threaten anything slower than it that lacks Ice Shard. Only Mamoswine comes to mind for the latter, and I can't think of any common Hail abusers that would outspeed Garchomp except Froslass, but then again Garchomp could easily have a Choice Scarf.

Umm... Simply put, the more percentage Garchomp takes up, the less percentage is left to make up the rest of OU. Therefore, yes Garchomp makes OU smaller and centralizes it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)