Top 100 Shoddy Battle Team - OU RMT

Overview

Game Plan
Well, the idea of this team is to paralyze whatever possible using Porygon2, and Cresselia. After said paralyzing is done, I proceed and use the quartet of sweepers to rape the opposition. In a way, I am living up to the speed metagame by slowing down the other pokemon with ThunderWave.

Toy Doll (Porygon2) @ Lum Berry
Nature: Modest
Ability: Trace
EV's: 240 HP / 164 Def / 12 SpA / 92 SpD

~ ThunderWave
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power (FIRE) (Changed from Recover)

Standard Smogon EV spread. This lead works very well, ThunderWaving opposing starters, to the proceed with BoltBeam coverage. The funniest thing that happens is when opposing leads are Ninjask or Yanmega and I trace Speed Boost. After that, I paralyze them and rein triumphantly as the faster pokemon! I originally had Recover instead of HP FIRE, but realized that the Ice type pokemon (Abomasnow, Regice, you know) were screwing me over, so I decided to opt for coverage rather than recovery.

Hammerhead (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sand Veil
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP

~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Fang
~ Stone Edge

ScarfChomp ends up raping opposition, especially late game. Outrage and Earthquake provide as some of the best STAB moves a pokemon could ask for. I have Outrage on there instead of Dragon Claw because I believe in hitting hard, or going home. Fire Fang and Stone Edge provide decent type coverage. Earthquake, well I think you know what it does. BandChomp and YacheChomps get raped by the superior speed, as do other dragons of the similar card. He makes a great Revenge Killer, and Late Game is just unstoppable. I try to protect him as long as I can, but he takes advantage of any situation that requires for a hard hitting attack.

Saturn (Cresselia) @ Leftovers
Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 242 SpA / 50 SpD / 4 Spe / 24 HP / 190 Def

~ Moonlight
~ Ice Beam
~ Calm Mind
~ ThunderWave

Well, I had Zapdos in this spot, but I thought it was getting killed off too easily because almost every pokemon carries an Ice Type attack, so I decided to switch to a ThunderWaving, Calm Minding, Cresselia. It kills off so many things, and it gets many oppertunities to set up against paralyzed pokemon that can't do much to it from the get-go. In my mind I think it was a good trade off, how do you think?

Nightmare (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 6 SpD

~ Shadow Ball
~ Energy Ball
~ Hidden Power (ICE)
~ Thunderbolt

Gengar's movepool makes him so deadly. Not to mention, his SpA and Spe aren't anything to guawff at. He makes short work of almost any pokemon. The best time to use him is when Swampert tries using EQ on one of my other pokemon. I switch to Gengar to get the free turn thanks to Levitate, and then give him the Middle Finger with Energy Ball since no one expects it. Plus, I needed the grass coverage.

Luke (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Steadfast
EV's: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 6 HP

~ Close Combat
~ Swords Dance
~ Crunch
~ Extremespeed

Lucario makes the best use of, "free turns," to then proceed with Swords Dance sweeping. Crunch makes short work of Ghost types, and Cresselia in particular. Extremespeed makes a great priority move, especially with a SD under Luke's belt. I wonder what the hell Gamefreak was thinking when they gave a priority move 80 BP.

Ruby (Gyarados) @ Wacan Berry
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP

~ Dragon Dance
~ Waterfall
~ Ice Fang
~ Earthquake

My beast. I love Gyarados. Especially the Red Ones. Anyways, he outspeeds those damn neutral Speed Gallades when given 248 Speed, but I said, "What the hell, might as well max it out." and did so. Dragon Dance sweeping makes for a fun match. The only real problem he finds is opposing Stone Edge'ing Gyaradoses.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
PRIOR MEMBERS

Sparkey (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 252 HP / 124 Def / 120 SpD / 10 SpA / 4 Spe

~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power (ICE)
~ ThunderWave
~ Roost

Zapdos serves as the back-up Thunderwaver, and has the same type coverage as Porygon2. Of course HP ICE does less damage than Ice Beam, but Zapdos's higher SpA than Porygon2 compensates a little bit. Zapdos Roosts off damage quite well. PP stalling battles make my day. Especially since I can paralyze the opponent so I get my Roost's off. Thanks to Travisurfer for the changed EV spread. I use the 4 Spe EV's to outspeed other Zapdos's. 10 SpA is to make up for the fact that Calm Zapdos can only get BP 68 HP Ice instead of BP 70.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Conclusion
Sure some people might call shennanigans on my, "para hax," but I find it the most helpful thing out there. This team has worked well in unision and covers each other's weaknesses.

Well let's see...not much of an expert rater but I'll give you what I got.

You may want to expand a bit on Gengar's movepool. Since you are using life orb, why not switch to an attack neutral speed+ nature so you can let loose with explosion when life orb starts to take its toll? This might also help against special walls he comes across, though thats less of a problem. Focus blast over energy ball or HP ICE is recommended.

Lucario might want to run bullet punch over extreme speed since you have 2 pokemon with ice weaknesses and to hit ghosts, but it's not really a big deal at all. With stab it gets to 60 BP which isn't that much different than extremespeed and has a wider use and can hit for super effective damage so that's better IMO. The difference in power means almost nothing after a SD anyway.

I don't really like the max speed on gyarados that much. Might want to decrease it just a bit to make dragon dancing more possible with some bulk. Stone edge may be better than ice fang because you already have 3 other pokes with ice attacks and gyrados could really use that edge over other gyaras, especially the bulky ones.

Also, weavile can do some serious damage to you team, so you may want to opt for a more reliable counter. While some of your pokes may resist it to some extent, it can still switch out on those and prey on the ones it can 0HKO or 2HKO. Bullet punch will stop weavile in its tracks.

Well i hope that helped.

Re: @ Majesano:

Well, first of all, nice avatar -
I can't change around Gengar's movepool much due to the fact I reallt need the coverage of both Ice and Grass (believe it or not). I'll try out the Bullet Punch instead of Extremespeed, or I could try both and take out Crunch. It seems like a good move, I really apreciate that. On the topic of Weavile, whenever I come across him, I normally ThunderWave him so then his speed (other than Ice Shard) isn't much of a problem. Max Speed on Gyarados is for Gallade, and the BulkyDos set has pissed me off to a high extent. Also, the sucess Ice Fang gives me on my Gyarados makes me reluctant to switch it.

Off all of that, Bullet Punch is realt what I'm looking for I suppose. Thanks. Any others fellow raters?

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Not really anything to rate here, it's standard stuff. Just gonna suggest some stuff.

At first glance, yes I saw the weakness to Ice you have, pokemon like Mamoswine and Weavile. Gyarados, a awesome pokemon, should be able to handle those Weaviles, hopefully it last enough, because Stealth Rocks fuck him up bad, and having no type of rapid spinner could give you some problems. For the most part, taking something out for something else will fix up something, but open something else over there and this team has alot of Synregy, and I like it. If one thing I would suggest, is to carry a Defensive orinented Gyarados, SleepTalker would work, but don't forget most Mamoswine carrys Stone Edge. Try it though, see if it works

You could always put Bullet Punch on Lucario, taking out Gengar and such, and possibly take out Weavile and Mamoswine, you would be revenge killing, possibly the only thing that can actually revenge kill them. In my opinion, Zapdos should have Calm, Bold isn't really necessary here, as it's Special oriented, and you want it to handle MixApe and Gengar better. You could always try YacheChomp, as you are paralyzing pokemon, and sometimes speed won't matter much, Yache could also help against Mamowine a bit, taking a Ice Shard and hitting it back with a Fire Fang / ire Blast. Solid team I guess.

I feel like I'm missing something but I don't know

Not really anything to rate here, it's standard stuff. Just gonna suggest some stuff.

At first glance, yes I saw the weakness to Ice you have, pokemon like Mamoswine and Weavile. Gyarados, a awesome pokemon, should be able to handle those Weaviles, hopefully it last enough, because Stealth Rocks fuck him up bad, and having no type of rapid spinner could give you some problems. For the most part, taking something out for something else will fix up something, but open something else over there and this team has alot of Synregy, and I like it. If one thing I would suggest, is to carry a Defensive orinented Gyarados, SleepTalker would work, but don't forget most Mamoswine carrys Stone Edge. Try it though, see if it works

You could always put Bullet Punch on Lucario, taking out Gengar and such, and possibly take out Weavile and Mamoswine, you would be revenge killing, possibly the only thing that can actually revenge kill them. In my opinion, Zapdos should have Calm, Bold isn't really necessary here, as it's Special oriented, and you want it to handle MixApe and Gengar better. You could always try YacheChomp, as you are paralyzing pokemon, and sometimes speed won't matter much, Yache could also help against Mamowine a bit, taking a Ice Shard and hitting it back with a Fire Fang / ire Blast. Solid team I guess.

I feel like I'm missing something but I don't know
every post i see of yours on an rmt always points out that it is a standard team. who gives a shit?

haha thanks for the avatar compliment.
Hmm didn't realise that about Gengar but ok I see now. And i can understand about bulkydos haha. But yeah that calm idea by venom is probably very good. From what I've seen in other RMT threads, he knows what he's talking about haha.

Re @ Venom:

Bullet Punch will really help, but I was wondering if I should take out Extremespeed or Crunch. That's a difficulty I'm facing. The power over coverage agreement if you will. I was considering a Yache Chomp, but, due to the fact I can't paralyze pokemon that will (and have) switched into ThunderWave, notabley Electivre, and gotten a Speed Boost which will outspeed my whole team, I need a pokemon like ScarfChomp that I know will outspeed almost all threats, yet still hit ridiciously hard.

Re @ Irak:

Lol. I've noticed it too. Off topic for a second, a funny thing I heard about Iraq in a "How to" Suicide bombing video on youtube for COD4, "Not having C4 is like not having Camel in Iraq." It was funny as hell, the link is right here -- http://youtube.com/watch?v=dsfKYsQpIEo

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
every post i see of yours on an rmt always points out that it is a standard team. who gives a shit?
It's standard shit, what else? It's a RMT, you are supposed to rate things as they are, when it's a Standard team it's standard, there is nothing much to rate, and if you don't like it, then live with it, go fix your fucking name or something, and stop bitching about how I rate. Shit =\

Edit on the team; I would go Extremespeed, Crunch might not mean much, but it comes the times when you face random things like Cresselia, but Extremespeed + Bullet Punch might work, try it.

Deoxys-E hurts this team so much that its not even funny. 4 out of 6 are 1HKO while the other 2 are 2HKO bij one of Deoxys-E moves. Not to mention dat Deoxys-E is faster than every Pokémon you have.

Other special based sweepers are also a big problem for this team. Most important one would be SpecsMence. With Lucario as your only Steel Type you don't have a reliable swicht in on Dragon type moves.

I suggest you use Metagross on your team instead of Porygon2. You will lose a status inducer but i don't really see why you want 2 of them anyway.

To get rid of your Azelf and Gengar weakness you could try to use a Weavile over Lucario. Not sure if you want to lose Lucario though. Maybe you could try out what fits better.

If you want something to absorb status you could change your Gyarados in a bulky RestTalker.

Re @ Venom:

I'll try using both combinations for Luke of:

~ Swords Dance
~ Close Combat
~ Extreme Speed
~ Bullet Punch

And...

~ Swords Dance
~ Close Combat
~ Bullet Punch
~ Crunch

Re @ TheDuzzMaster:

Doexys - E OHKO's Gengar and Garchomp. That's it. Gyarados, has a Wacan Berry and Deoxys - E's SpA is worth shit. To deal with this "threat" called Deoxys - E I have 2 damn good methods I tend to employ.

1. Luke has 1 (or 2) priority moves, assuming that I get my set up for SD done, I can use said priority moves to screw over Deoxys. If it isn't a OHKO, Gyarados, Zapdos, or Porygon2 can hit it once and it's over.

2. ThunderWave is a big theme of the team, so why the hell would I not paralyze the Deoxys - E?

Specsmence doesn't OHKO Porygon2 nor Zapdos. They both can retalliate with ThunderWave / HP ICE / Ice Beam.

I don't think you understand that the pokemon like Azelf and Gengar are stopped dead by ThunderWave. Which is why the hell I have 2 inducers, not to mention, my Garchomp outspeeds and has the potential to OHKO them.

Zapados seems somewhat redundant because of porygonZ. I would replace HP ice with u-turn or drill peck. also, maybe you already have thunder wave, so maybe try something diffrent in that slot

You have a very interesting team (I finally registered!). Your Porygon2 lead is good, but just in case you come across a scarfed Pokemon or very fast Pokemon with a status move (such as Roserade or a first turn Yanmega), then I would put Magic Coat on and reflect the sleep back at them.

Gengar has good type coverage, but Blissey walls it so bad it's not even funny. To counteract this, put on Explosion or go with a Sub+FP to deal with it.

You might also want to consider putting Taunt on Gyarados. As is, while setting up a DD, something like Cresselia could TWave you, or you could get burned, shutting down Gyarados completely. You sacrifice coverage, but you can do more damage with it.

Finally, you might want to find a way to deal with SR. Passive damage can rack up really quickly. Toxic Spikes isn't much of a concern here, seeing that most of your team is immune to it. Starmie or Forretress would be an excellent choices, with Starmie sweeping and RSing, or using Forretress to set up on your own and take all sorts of physical hits.

Re @ Santeria:

Lol, why thank you so much for registering and remembering.
Well anyways, I am considering putting in both Forretress and Taunt on Gyarados. Regarding Magic Coat, I have a Lum Berry, therefore, whenever they induce a status upon me, it is nullified, and I can shoot one back at them, and proceed to kill with said attacking moves. Lum Berry + Magic Coat seems albeit paranoid. And finally, as stated before, I can't really do anything with Gengar because I damn need that type coverage. It's a pain in the ass, but all in all, I believe it's worth it.

You say that Band and Yache Berry Chomp get raped by superior speed, yet the only thing stopping SD Garchomp w/Yache Berry is a faster poke with an ice move, which Yache Berry allows Chomp to survive. Weavile and Starmie are the only notable examples, and Weavile revenge kills ScarfChomp more easily due to Ice Shard.

BandChomp doesn't care about speed, as Starmie can't afford to switch into EQs or Outrages, as both easily OHKO.

I would reconsider your Garchomps set, as it is easily walled, quite weak, and YacheChomp works wonders with SD Luke.

Assuming all IVs are 31 on Zapdos, your Zapdos reaches these stats with your current EV spread and nature of Bold 252 HP/42 Def/216 SpDef:
HP: 384
Defense: 237
Sp. Defence: 270
Now, if you switch to Calm, you can invest only 120 SpDef EVs to reach that same 270 SpDef stat. 124 Def EVs then brings you to that same Defence stat of 237. So what does this mean?
Calm 252 HP/124 Def/120 SpDef
Those EVs yield the same stats that you currently have but leave you with 14 extra EVs to invest where you see fit. Hopefully this helps you be more successful.

It is definitely awesome to see another Porygon2 lead user. If you are going to drop Recover for a third attacking move, HP Fight hits Tyranitar, Weavile, Heatran, Blissey(lol), and Magnezone harder so it would definitely be something to consider. You really only miss out on hitting Bronzong, Metagross, Jirachi, and Obamasnow as hard but that definitely seems like a nice tradeoff in my mind.

not an expert at criticism and could be wrong but once scarfchomp dies yache berry garchomp can avoid paralysis and get sword dance off without worrying about hp ice/ice beam, and sweep,
no walls but not sure if there needed

I would just like to say that the team doesn't seem to have much of a push towards a winning goal. Paralysis support from 2 pokes but most of your team is fairly speedy... and zapdos/porygon2 seem to be filling pretty similar roles.

Re @ Blasphemy:
I can understand where you're coming from regarding Yache Chomp not being stopped by anything faster with an ice move. Well, once again, there are 2 ways to stop it on my team.
1. Porygon2 fires off Ice Beam, Garchomp SD'ances. Porygon2 resists a Jolly SD Earthquake and then fires off another Ice Beam to KO.
2. ScarfChomp outrage = OHKO.

Re @ Travisurfer:
I will definately switch. You made my day. Thank you so much.

Re @ Thechocolatebunny:
See, when you make a team, you assume the best. Learn that.

Re @ Drybones:
The reason why Porygon2 and Zapdos share similar responsiblities is because they are used to induce ThunderWave. Their move sets are eerily similar...haha, but it works.

adament SD yache berry garchomp OHKOs porygon2
watch out for synchronizers and watch out for calm mind blissey, one calm mind ensures OHKO ice beam on garchomp and possibly OHKO thunderbolt gyra with wacan depending on nature and ev spread, make sure lucario stays around for it though because after calm mind it is an automatic kill for one of them and it can wall everything else and natural cure stops paralysis

Re @ Chocobunny:

Yeah, when it comes down to CM Bliss, I used to have a Pain Splitter for that, but now I just hit it hard with a Close Combat or with a DD'd Waterfall, usually being a OHKO. It pretty much just needs to be a Hard Hit from the physical side I suppose.

bliss can take a dragonite DD outrage (dont know damage calculations but its happened to me), it has a good chance of taking a DD waterfall seeing as waterfall has less power than outrage and dragnite has more base attack, just keep lucario around until bliss dies and than you should be fine, also if your gonna paralyze as much as you can and with a priority move what about switching lucario to adament?

Re @ Chocobunny:

Blissey usually dies in one hit (maybe 2 occasionally) to DD Waterfall. And -- Lucario runs Jolly so he can outspeed the Adamant SD / LO / Whatever Chomp, and he outspeeds all threats under said speed.

Anybody have anything else to point out?

Use 204 speed on Gyarados so it will outspeed Base 120's after a Dragon dance, so the spread will come out as 52 HP/252 Atk/204 Speed. Maxing the speed really isn't necessary,

Gyarados's speed is used to outspeed Gallade who can cause problems.

A NEW POKEMON WAS ADDED --- Check it out.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Cresselia's typing is what makes it unattractive. Worst, with all this sandstorm going on, the only set that *I* would personally use is the SleepTalk set, but it's not really my type of pokemon. Without Zapdos, and no BP on Lucario, opposing Gengar are gonna be problems. I would recommend a different Calm Mind cresselia also;

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Hp / 176 Def / 80 SpAtk
Nature: Bold
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Calm Mind should be doing it's job, so you don't need all that SpAtk, you should be more focused on Defenses, which matter the most. Psychic for those Gengar and MixApe's.

Just a thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)