Move 1: Trick
Move 2: Spore
Move 3: Destiny Bond / Explosion
Move 4: U-Turn / Haze
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This Smeargle set surprises most opponents that expect it to be Baton Passing things like Belly Drum, Substitute and Ingrain. This Smeargle is designed to mess up the opponent's team as much as possible, hindering them with Choice Scarf and sleeping them with Spore.</p>

<p>The set is intended to be a lead, to start messing with the foe's team as early as possible. First, Trick your Choice Scarf onto either something slow like Bronzong and then you can attempt to Spore the switch-in. Smeargle should be saved for later to hopefully take out a slower sweeper or tank with Destiny Bond or Explosion. The last slot can be one of many viable options. U-turn scouts out the opponent's sleep absorber and is generally useful for scouting while Haze can also help Smeargle save the team from a Garchomp with too many Swords Dances, Smeargle still has its Scarf.

COMMENTS: Unsure about other options, because let's face it: there are many of them. Smeargle suffers most from four-moveslot syndrome, and things that might be useful include: Taunt, Encore, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, and Memento. Each have their merits, and could fit in either of the last two (or even three) slots.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
I knew a Smogon set would be fun

<p>The set is intended to be a lead, to start messing with the foe's team as early as possible. First, Trick your Choice band(I thought it was a Choice Scarf?) onto either something slow like Bronzong, or something speedy like Weavile. Then Spore the switch-in. Save Smeargle for later to hopefully take out a slower sweeper or tank with Destiny Bond. Extremespeed is great for picking off weakened fast Pokemon and is a great STAB attack with or without Choice Scarf.</p>
For the last bold, the hell?Choice Scarf doesn't raise Attack, why would it affect ExtremeSpeed?It doesn't make sense the other way around, either; it doesn't need speed if it is a priority move.

I made that more clear. What I meant was that Extremespeed is useful for when you've lost your Choice Scarf. It still has a base 80 power (not counting STAB) so is still a good attack even if you have the Scarf.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
It won't do any magic, really.20 Base Attack is lame.

Um...the thing needs average~ Defense and extremely low HP to work.

Edit: Also, I think the rules state that you aren't supposed to post anything else but [SET] and [SET COMMENT]

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I played around with this set for the last 15 minutes and I found Explosion as an option in the last slot was useful because sometimes I still had my choice scarf attached and I found it useful to get in a quick Explosion. It seems to accomplish the same as Destiny Bond but it helps against something that's in the middle of setting because they could stall out the PP of Destiny bond, particularly on the scarfer, if they don't attack.

Extremespeed really shouldn't be an option unless you're scared to death of Flail/Reversal. 20 Base Attack is doing nothing. I really can't see Haze being altogether helpful either. What I'd prefer is

- Spore
- Trick
- U-turn / support
- Explosion / Destiny Bond

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/smeargle

[SET]
Name: Choice Scarf Anti-Lead
Move 1: Trick
Move 2: Spore
Move 3: Extremespeed / U-turn
Move 4: Destiny Bond / Haze
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This Smeargle set surprises most opponents that expect it to be Baton Passing things like Belly Drum, Substitute and Ingrain. This Smeargle is designed to mess up the opponent's team as much as possible, hindering them with Choice Scarf and sleeping them with Spore.</p>

<p>The set is intended to be a lead, to start messing with the foe's team as early as possible. First, Trick your Choice Scarf onto either something slow like Bronzong, or something speedy like Weavile and then you can attempt Spore the switch-in. Smeargle should be saved for later to hopefully take out a slower sweeper or tank with Destiny Bond. Extremespeed is great for picking off weakened fast Pokemon and is a great STAB attack in case you have Tricked away your Choice Scarf. Other options include U-turn to scout out the opponent's sleep absorber while Haze can help Smeargle save the team from a Garchomp with too many Swords Dances, provided Smeargle still has its scarf.</p>
You start off a sentence with too many verbs and nouns, making them simply sound bad. Avoid doing so in the future.

Also your references by using 'it' isn't that clear imo, so i changed the end.

Overusing 'attempt' makes it seem like Smeargle can't do its intended job so I changed it in the first paragraph.

Otherwise it seems fine.

On the set itself, I would also recommend Explosion over Haze.

Remove the part about Tricking to Weavile. Unless you get it on the switch, Brick Break is going to OHKO you, and no one is going to give you the time to set up when they're expecting Sub passing.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I'd be Sporing lead Weavile rather than allowing it to Brick Break me in that case. I can always come back to Trick something later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)