CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 11.5 and Complete Movepool Submissions

Should we allow the new move?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since Roar/Whirlwind will basically do Haze's job I can't see why it doesn't fit into the non-competitive category. The only plus point to Haze is that you can trap the Poke and keep it in but you don't have that now do you? ;p

By the way, did everybody forget about Heal Block? I did.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well since Roar/Whirlwind will basically do Haze's job I can't see why it doesn't fit into the non-competitive category. The only plus point to Haze is that you can trap the Poke and keep it in but you don't have that now do you? ;p

By the way, did everybody forget about Heal Block? I did.
Good point. And Heal Block is meh anyways, its not a TM so if you can find a place for it, be my guest.

Why don't we just call the new move Stink Sludge? Like, the sludge smells so bad, the Pokémon run away. It feels like less of a stretch to me flavor-wise, and Pepper Spray sounds so Fire-type to me. Then again, maybe that's just Augumon's fault.

Egg Moves (Bug, for now):
Whirlwind (from Masquerain)
If you really want to give it Whirlwind, wouldn't it be easier to just give it to the preevo instead of making it an Egg move?

Seeing this guy use Roar kinda made me laugh. It's adorable little face make it a bit difficult to intimidate anyone with a roar. It probably grab his foe and chuck like a football (not soccer).

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Actually seeing its adorable little face made me think "Shoop Da Woop" type roar.
Gogo Hyper Beam!

'kay, here's mine:
Code:
Pre-evo: Tailwind
Pre-evo: Gust
--: Fire Punch
--: Ice Punch
--: Thunder Punch
01: Pound
01: Sand Attack
06: Poison Sting
09: Knock Off
14: Mud Bomb
18: Gravity
23: Rapid Spin
28: Sludge Bomb
35: BlindingMire
39: Mega Punch
45: Earth Power
TMs:
Code:
01: Focus Punch
06: Toxic
10: Hidden Power
11: Sunny Day
15: Hyper Beam
16: Light Screen
17: Protect
18: Rain Dance
20: Safeguard
21: Frustration
26: Earthquake
27: Return
28: Dig
32: Double Team
33: Reflect
36: Sludge Bomb
37: Sandstorm
39: Rock Tomb
42: Facade
43: Secret Power
44: Rest
45: Attract
46: Thief
56: Fling
58: Endure
60: Drain Punch
68: Giga Impact
71: Stone Edge
78: Captivate
80: Rock Slide
82: Sleep Talk
83: Natural Gift
84: Poison Jab
87: Swagger
89: U-Turn  [B](I forget if we said no to this or not  D:)[/B]
90: Substitute
H4: Strength
H6: Rock Smash
H8: Rock Climb
I forget if we voted to let this get U-Turn or not, so if not I can take it out.

Egg Moves (Bug):
Code:
Spiderweb (Spinarak)
Encore (Shuckle)
Spikes (Forretress)
Pursuit (Scyther)
Wish (Illumise)
Mach Punch (Ledyba)
Toxic Spikes (Forretress, Skorupi)

TM moves
Code:
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM12 - Taunt
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM21 - Frustration
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM31 - Brick Break
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM34 - Shock Wave
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM40 - Aerial Ace
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM49 - Snatch
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM62 - Silver Wind
TM66 - Payback
TM67 - Recycle
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM69 - Rock Polish
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM72 - Avalanche
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM87 - Swagger
TM89 - U-turn
TM90 - Substitute
TM92 - Trick Room
HM01 - Cut
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb
Level Up
Code:
[B]Pre-Evo: Tailwind[/B]
H: Fire Punch
H: Ice Punch
H: Thunder Punch
1. Tackle
1. Poison Sting
7. Sand Attack
13. Rapid Spin
20. Haze
23. Encore
28. Icy Wind
30. Gravity
35. Earth Power
38. Toxic Spikes
43. Spikes
50. Sludge Bomb
58. Wish
Egg Moves
Code:
Magnitude
Fissure
Heal Bell
Disable
Me First
Well, there is my submission. Hope it's k.

tennisace

Actually, You have way too many competitively viable Level Up moves, around 8. Its supposed to be 3 max.

tennisace

Upon closer inspection, almost EVERYONES breaks this rule. I'm not trying to be biased, but I think that Hyra and my movepools are the only ones who don't.

There are exceptions to the rules as X-act said but regardless I'm trying to follow those rules. Seriously...that two-six move thing is annoying and is Gravity, Tickle, Charm, Tailwind, and Me First even viable on this guy?

Editing mine as well speak.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
In the OP, Sunday has a big bold link to X-Act's movepool guide. There is also a big, bold warning in the OP that movepool submissions need to up to standards.

I'm going to give a final specific warning here: Your movepool submissions need to demonstrate a good working knowledge of X-Act's Movepool Guide. If it is apparent that you do not understand that guide, then your movepool submission will be deleted and you will be infracted. This thread is not a place for everyone to post ill-conceived movepools.

X-Act's guide is not a "rulebook" -- it is a guide. However, it is a guide that we expect people to try to follow. If you are going to deviate from the stipulations in the guide, you better have a good reason to do so. In fact, I strongly suggest you explicitly explain all the things that do not conform to the guide. If you do not explain it, I may assume that you did not read and understand the guide. Ignorance is not an excuse here. If you are not 100% sure that you know what you are doing with your movepool submission -- I suggest you do not post at all.

For all of you that have already posted movepools, I suggest you go back and edit your posts, if necessary.

I will not issue any more warnings after this.

Tennis, you're right, but then again, they are only rough drafts. I'll revise mine to the best of my ability.

Revised. See post for full list of revisions.

OK, here's my movepool

Level Up moves

-: Fire Punch
-: Ice Punch
-: Thunder Punch
1: Poison Sting
1: Sand Attack
6: Rapid Spin
9: Mud Slap
12: Disable
17: Double Slap
22: Magnitude
27: Wake-Up Slap
34: Spikes
34: Toxic Spikes
41: Poison Jab
48: BlindingMire/Whirlwind
55: Sludge Bomb
62: Earth Power

TM Moves:
Same as Nasty Pass's (no I'm not copying them all out)

Egg Moves (not sure what gets what):

Gravity
Me First
Fissure
Wish
Agility
Encore
Haze

Oh, and how does 'Poison Mace' sound for a replacement for BlindingMire?

EDIT: Only just realized Baton Pass was illegal...

Adrminal...you have about 5+ competitive viable moves within your Level-Up list when you can only have 3. Need to trim them down.

I need opinion in terms of my movepool. There is something about it that's been bugging me but can't seen if they is any problem.

In the OP, Sunday has a big bold link to X-Act's movepool guide. There is also a big, bold warning in the OP that movepool submissions need to up to standards.

I'm going to give a final specific warning here: Your movepool submissions need to demonstrate a good working knowledge of X-Act's Movepool Guide. If it is apparent that you do not understand that guide, then your movepool submission will be deleted and you will be infracted. This thread is not a place for everyone to post ill-conceived movepools.

X-Act's guide is not a "rulebook" -- it is a guide. However, it is a guide that we expect people to try to follow. If you are going to deviate from the stipulations in the guide, you better have a good reason to do so. In fact, I strongly suggest you explicitly explain all the things that do not conform to the guide. If you do not explain it, I may assume that you did not read and understand the guide. Ignorance is not an excuse here. If you are not 100% sure that you know what you are doing with your movepool submission -- I suggest you do not post at all.

For all of you that have already posted movepools, I suggest you go back and edit your posts, if necessary.

I will not issue any more warnings after this.
Woah, Doug. Why so menacing?

Unless I read the topic title wrong, this is the thread for Complete Movepool Submissions. Key word, there. If only the best movepools are going to move on to the poll anyway, they why should the people who are just taking a shot at it be penalized any more heavily than such people were in the Base Stat Submission thread, the Sprite Submission thread, or any other submission thread, for that matter? What makes this one so different?

And you really can't say that X-Act's Movepool Guide is a set of guidelines, not a set of rules, when you just said that our post will be deleted and we'll be infracted if we break it! What the hell do you call a set of rules but a set of guidelines that you get in trouble for when you don't follow them? A better way to say that would be, "They're a set of rules. Your post will be deleted and you will be infracted if you don't follow them. You can make an exception or two, but you'd better have a damn good reason for doing so, because if you don't, then you'll be infracted, too. Probably better to just play it safe."

I understand you're trying to enforce some quality control, but the whole point of a submission thread is to polish up the good submissions and weed out the other submissions that fall below the bar. I mean, really, it's just Pokémon, right?

Bull of Heaven

Movepools are about the only things I can contribute to the CAP Project, so here's my first one.

Level-up Moves:
Code:
Heart Scale[COLOR=black]: Fire Punch[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Heart Scale: Thunderpunch[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Heart Scale: Ice Punch[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1: Poison Sting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1: Sand-attack[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]4: Gust[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]8: Arm Thrust[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]11: Leer[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]15: Fake Out[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]20: Magnitude[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]27: Helping Hand[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]31: Rapid Spin[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]36: BlindingMire[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]42: Toxic Spikes[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]49: Counter[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]53: Earth Power[/COLOR]
TM Moves:

Code:
[COLOR=black]TM01 - Focus Punch[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM06 - Toxic[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM10 - Hidden Power[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM11 - Sunny Day[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM12 - Taunt[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM15 - Hyper Beam[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM16 - Light Screen[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM17 - Protect[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM18 - Rain Dance[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM21 - Frustration[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM26 - Earthquake[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM27 - Return[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM28 - Dig[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM31 - Brick Break[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM32 - Double Team[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM33 - Reflect[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM36 - Sludge Bomb[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM39 - Rock Tomb[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM40 - Aerial Ace[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM42 - Facade[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM43 - Secret Power[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM44 - Rest[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM45 - Attract[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM46 - Thief[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM49 - Snatch[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM52 - Focus Blast[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM56 - Fling[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM58 - Endure[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM60 - Drain Punch[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM68 - Giga Impact[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM71 - Stone Edge[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM76 - Stealth Rock[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM78 - Captivate[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM80 - Rock Slide[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM82 - Sleep Talk[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM83 - Natural Gift[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM84 - Poison Jab[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM86 - Grass Knot[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM89 - U-turn[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM90 - Substitute[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]TM92 - Trick Room[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]HM04 - Strength[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]HM06 - Rock Smash[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]HM08 - Rock Climb[/COLOR]
Egg Moves (Bug and Fairy):
Code:
Bug Bite (Ariados, Ninjask, Yanmega)
Encore (Shuckle, Clefable, Togekiss, Plusle, Minun)
Faint Attack (Delcatty)
Gravity (Clefable)
Knock Off (Drapion, Gliscor)
Mach Punch (Ledian)
Spider Web (Ariados)
Sucker Punch (Ariados)
Tailwind (Butterfree)
Tickle (Raichu)
Overall, I think this turned out well. I managed to cram in most of the moves people want on this guy without seriously breaking any of X-Act's guidelines. Complain if you want about people piling on too many viable level-up moves, but just trying not to do that is a headache when you're working on a "pure utility pokemon".

Of course, it is impossible to include every utility option in one movepool. A few moves did not make it into this one. Spikes and Heal Block are not here, because I think that they're low priorities for most people. Wish and Heal Bell aren't here because I would personally rather have the moves that I did include. I couldn't fit Block into the level-up list.

Still, I think that I managed to include the important moves. You'll find Tailwind, Gravity, Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, Knock Off and BlindingMire in my movepool. Trick Room is there in case anyone wants to use it. I think that Sucker Punch is also worth mentioning. I'll probably use it.

After careful consideration, I decided to include Spider Web in the egg moves. I don't think that it breaks X-Act's guidelines. Since it's illegal with Encore and overshadowed by so many other options, I decided that it's more of an interesting flavor move than a viable one.

At Gothic Togekiss:
You do not have me first even though you mention it at the bottom, wish counts as a competitive move. It looks good though.

At anyone: is there something wrong with the CAP server?

At Gothic Togekiss:
You do not have me first even though you mention it at the bottom, wish counts as a competitive move. It looks good though.
Thank you but I'm aware of wish but if Gravity doesn't count as a competitive viable move then I'm still in the clear as only Wish and Earth Power are viable.

I might as well post my submission:

Tms:
Code:
TM01 - Focus Punch
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day 
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM18 - Rain Dance
TM21 - Frustration
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM29 - Psychic
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM49 - Snatch
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM59 - Dragon Pulse
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM67 - Recycle
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM76 - Stealth Rock
TM77 - Psych Up
TM78 - Captivate 
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM90 - Substitute
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb
All of the support TM's, along with those i Thought fitted "Flavorwise" like thief.

Egg moves(Bug):
Code:
Encore*(Ledian,Shuckle)
Knock Off[?](Ledian, Shuckle,Drapion)
Mach Punch(Ledian)
Gastro acid(Shuckle)
Safegaurd(Shuckle)
Scary Face(Drapion)
Pursuit(Drapion)
Rapid Spin*(Forretress)
Spikes*(Forretress)
Toxic Spikes*(Forretress, Drapion)
Earth Power**(Trapinch)
Here, Every poke gives This Guy Something to work with, Namely, Knock Off, Rapid Spin and Encore, as well as Earth Power.

**Note that it's incompatible with all of his Other egg moves, hence, less Viable then Say, Wish.

Level Up:
Code:
h.Tailwind [?]
h.Gravity*
h.Heal Block
1.Sludge
1.Comet Punch
10.Sandstorm
22.Poison Sting
28.Block
34.Earthquake
40.Sludge bomb
48.Wish*
54.Fissure
Pretty Simple, All the moves that work with persistent are obtained Via Heart Scales.I'm assuming Heal block and Tailwind are not viable on most of his movesets.

In case you're Wondering, I'm against Blindingmire. Also, assuming this Takes Inmunitys into account, It won't Move Steel Types. Just saying.

I dunno if I did the code thing right. Was I supposed to put it in these or something else? D:

TMs:
Code:
TM01 - Focus Punch
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM17 - Protect
TM21 - Frustration
TM26 - Earthquake
TM27 - Return
TM28 - Dig
TM30 - Shadow Ba[B]ll[/B]
TM32 - Double Team
TM36 - Sludge Bomb
TM37 - Sandstorm
TM39 - Rock Tomb
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM43 - Secret Power
TM44 - Rest
TM45 - Attract
TM46 - Thief
TM49 - Snatch
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM56 - Fling
TM58 - Endure
TM60 - Drain Punch
TM66 - Payback
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM71 - Stone Edge
TM74 - Gyro Ball
TM76 - Stealth Rock
TM78 - Captivate
TM80 - Rock Slide
TM82 - Sleep Talk
TM83 - Natural Gift
TM84 - Poison Jab
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM87 - Swagger
TM89 - U-turn
TM90 - Substitute
HM04 - Strength
HM06 - Rock Smash
HM08 - Rock Climb
Level Up Moves:
Code:
Heart Scale: Fire Punch
Heart Scale: Thunder Punch 
1- Mud Slap
1- Rapid Spin
1- Encore 
1- Helping Hand
6- Poison Sting
11- Arm Thrust
16- Sand Attack
21- Sludge
24- Force Palm
32- Toxic Spikes
36- Mud Bomb
42- Sandstorm
48- Earth Power
Egg Moves (Bug Group and Ground Group):
Code:
 All can be obtained via Smeargle :O
Leech Life
Mach Punch
Comet Punch
Spikes
Reversal
U-turn
Counter
That gives a bunch of viable TMs, 2 or 3/8 viable Egg moves (Spikes, U-turn and maybe Counter). 15 Level Up moves, and out of those 4 are viable, (Rapid Spin, Encore, Earth Power, Toxic Spikes), and maybe the two Punches.

No Ice Punch cause its a Ground type and weak to Ice Punch. Yes, I know there are lots of exceptions, but I don't like those either. D:<

I probably skrewed up somewhere in there, so just tell me and I'll edit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)