[on site] The Process of PID and IV Creation of Non-Bred Pokemon

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was aware that the RNG is also used in battles, though the trainer turning tidbit is interesting!
Would this also mean that, assuming we were still playing R/S/E, a player could potentially "time themselves" to ensure that every time they used the move Horn Drill, it hit? Not that it would be practically feasible, but still...

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Would this also mean that, assuming we were still playing R/S/E, a player could potentially "time themselves" to ensure that every time they used the move Horn Drill, it hit? Not that it would be practically feasible, but still...
Yes... that would be possible in Emerald! Although you'd have the small problem of being able to push the button to the nearest 1/60 of a second...

X-Act. Will you be adding any other methods to you guide. Like the the one for chain shiny one or the one for colosseum or XD.

X-Act

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
X-Act. Will you be adding any other methods to you guide. Like the the one for chain shiny one or the one for colosseum or XD.
I might if I get some information about them. For chained shinies information is a bit easier to get. For the others, it's difficult.

I believe goldursaring made a post on GameFAQs that gave some insight on the Colosseum/XD RNG in an explanation of why shinies are more rare in the GCN games than on handhelds. I forget the exact content of the post, but I recall something like four numbers are generated at the beginning that affect IV spreads or something to that effect. Perhaps PMing goldursaring will shed some light on the subject? I don't know the full extent of his knowledge on the matter though, so I don't know if he knows much beyond that.

On the note of the unknown, I believe other than what's already mentioned, Wondercards in D/P supposedly have a different RNG than what D/P uses for most Pokémon. I remember Tangerine mentioned in an old debate thread of the legality of Wondercards that he knew people looking into the algorithm, but I don't know what's become of that. Wondercards deserve to be looked at, seeing as how Darkrai and Manaphy (though both have been available at events) can be obtained from the upcoming Pokémon Ranger game.

My Pokémon Ranch probably uses a different RNG, but that's pretty "lol" anyway.

X-Act, the article has been HTMLized, and a copy is posted in the HTML Workshop. I was not sure as to which category this would belong to, /articles/ or /dp/articles/. I couldn't think of a blurb either, could you help me out on that too?

Apart from that, it's done.

Wurmple evolves like this. Look at the PID's last 16 bits, and convert them to decimal. If the last digit of this decimal number is between 0 and 4, Wurmple will evolve into Silcoon, otherwise it will evolve into Cascoon.

Example: Say a Wurmple has a PID of [5CF4091C]. The last 16 bits of the PID are [091C], which is equal to 2332 in decimal. Since the last digit of this decimal number is 2, this Wumple would evolve into Silcoon.

Spinda's spots work as follows. Suppose a Spinda has PID [5B3E948D]. Consider each of these hexadecimal digits one by one and convert each of them to decimal. Thus, we have
5 = 5, B = 11, 3 = 3, E = 14, 9 = 9, 4 = 4, 8 = 8, D = 13.

Thus we construct the following co-ordinates: (5,11), (3,14), (9,4), (8,13).

Now Spinda always has 4 spots: two on its face and one on each of its ears. The game would correspond each of the above co-ordinates with the relative position of the centre of the spot next to some kind of starting position (a different starting position for each of the spot) which I don't know about.

EDIT: After playing a bit with that Spinda Painter you linked, the first co-ordinate is for the spot on Spinda's face (from its centre to its right in the front sprite), the second co-ordinate is for the spot on Spinda's face (from its left to its centre in the front sprite), the third co-ordinate is for the spot on Spinda's left ear (from its centre to its right in the front sprite) and the fourth co-ordinate is for the spot on Spinda's right ear (from its left to its centre in the front sprite).
Thanks, I was really dumbfounded by how they worked.

This is pretty cool and all, but I'm more suprised how WiFi is reacting, lol! X-Act the Killer! It's like one brave man, X-Act, just killed a shitload of peoples hobbies, and time consuming efforts. The PID stuff is cool and all, but don't you think it should be restricted or something? I mean everybody can make "legit" hacks now. Oh, and do you have any thoughts on how Platinum will change some of the PID formations and stuff?

Syberia

[custom user title]
Even if Platinum does, you could always just do your hacking on D/P and transfer it over if you really wanted to.

Sikh Assassin - X-Act was not the only person to release this information, and this was not the only forum it was released on. It would have gotten out.

This is pretty cool and all, but I'm more suprised how WiFi is reacting, lol! X-Act the Killer! It's like one brave man, X-Act, just killed a shitload of peoples hobbies, and time consuming efforts. The PID stuff is cool and all, but don't you think it should be restricted or something? I mean everybody can make "legit" hacks now. Oh, and do you have any thoughts on how Platinum will change some of the PID formations and stuff?
Yes, you can now make exact copies of other people's Pokemon without even trading them. Not exactly ethical but everyone says if they don't put the information out there someone else will.

But I think the consensus is not to empathize with wifi players because many use AR to clone/breed which isn't a legitimate way to play the game either.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, it's more of the "PokeEconomics is bullshit anyway".

It's not like WiFi isn't going down in flames because of this anyway - it set itself up for that a long time ago. Now people who "quit trading" will try to sound smart by laughing at it which is going to amuse me a lot!

Or, WiFi needs to reinvent itself into something quite interesting. Perhaps instead of "Place for the best bred Pokemon" it can go with "Place filled with the best hackers" or something

I thank you, X-Act and everyone involved for making this happen - this needed to happen sooner or later and it's useless trying to delay the inevitable with nonsense that the wifi board has been pulling up with for ages now

Yes, you can now make exact copies of other people's Pokemon without even trading them. Not exactly ethical but everyone says if they don't put the information out there someone else will.

But I think the consensus is not to empathize with wifi players because many use AR to clone/breed which isn't a legitimate way to play the game either.
Yeah, what about those who don't even have an AR or R4 and do everything normally? :/ *points to self*
I guess this hobby is now ruined, not blaming anyone btw, just the damned hackers...

Syberia

[custom user title]
Just a suggestion, but it'd be nice if X-Act's program was linked somewhere in the article. If that's OK with him, of course.

I've noticed two things, but i maybe just have made a couple of mistakes:

50% female pokemon are female 0-126, which is 127 possibilities, and 129 possiblilties for male. It's not exactly 50% then?

And your applet creates 1 PID number from IVs and nature. shouldn't it create 2 numbers (two 8 digit long hex numbers) because nature and IVs are not derived from the same calls?

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
Just a suggestion, but it'd be nice if X-Act's program was linked somewhere in the article. If that's OK with him, of course.
x-act should upload his applet to his smogon.com subdomain and the article should link to that page, if that hasnt already been done.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
could we get a news update? also, since the site version supercedes this thread version, could you put a big notice on the top of this thread with a link?

X-Act

I've put up a chained-shiny implementation on my webspace: http://www.tsanth.com/pokemon/chainedShiny.txt
Yeah, I was actually looking at that link this very afternoon. :)

This was actually the reason why loadingNOW asked me if I could reverse the RNG. He couldn't implement a chained shiny PID tester without it.

To chaos and ryubahamut, I had uploaded my applet to my users.smogon.com account from the very start. What I didn't do is link my applet from the article. I might write something more concrete about how the applet works and edit it in the article.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)