#CAP - The New CAP IRC Channel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
#CAP - The CAP IRC Channel!

Darkie and I decided it would be a good idea to make an IRC channel for the CAP forum. This way, we could play games, and bring in people who might not go on shoddy. The Channel is hosted on Synirc, just like #smogon and #fluodome, so to connect, follow the steps detailed here, and type in /join #cap instead of /join #smogon.

SOps:
darkie (owner)
Bass
tennisace
Cyzirvisheen
DougJustDoug
X-Act

AOps:
Beej
Mekkah
Plus
Elevator Music
Magmortified
Gen Empoleon
Fuzznip

HOps:
Deck Knight
eric the espeon
Jumpluff
Lunar
ReyScarface
Wyverii
Umbreon Dan
moi

Voiced:
RB-Golbat
moot
aldaron
reachzero
Flounder
Jimbo
Vader
Dracoyoshi8
locopoke
Tab
Macle
Carparama
HD
Illithian

#cap has been revamped, the channel focuses on serious Pokemon chat dealing with the CAP metagame, process, and projects. Don't ask for status if you've lost it.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
This question's been on my mind:

Why do this when we have a Shoddy server? Not to mention that the server should have a pick-me-up more than an IRC channel. C'mon, peoples. Where the Fidgits are. =P

I heard that all drivers become HOps automatically, hop me.
right now I'm on as Beefacus cause someone took Beef

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Sounds cool, I'll be sure to join whenever I'm on IRC for #smogon and #fluodome.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would like to take this opportunity to invite everyone involved in CaP not only to our irc channel, but also the the shoddy server itself. The metagame is actually very fun to play, and we're really a very welcoming and community.

Honestly I doubt that even half the people who vote in the polls actually play with any kind of regularity, which is both sad and annoying, but I really want to encourage people to come play. There are plenty of people who know the metagame well if you're looking for tips, and with the new CaP ladder it's pretty damn easy to find a battle if you want to test or just increase your rank. These pokemon are created with everyone's input so that everyone will have something about them they like; you all took the time to help make it, now come play with it!

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Why do this when we have a Shoddy server? Not to mention that the server should have a pick-me-up more than an IRC channel. C'mon, peoples. Where the Fidgits are. =P
This is why I have not been on the irc (well... and I have not worked it out yet, and don't want to use my free trial/pay) we have a perfectly good chatroom on Shoddy so even though this place may be a kinda nice addition the server hold more people and the ability to battle with CaPs.

To add a little advise to those who take up TAY's offer, for your first few battles you will be almost certainly be CaP weak. Just ask one of the regulars to give you a little advise, tell them which one you are having trouble with and they can help you. None of the CaPs are as broken as they seem at first, you just need to learn how to play around them.

Mac users can also try Chatzilla, a free Firefox addon if some of the other stuff seems a bit complicated. Just install the plug-in (go to the Firefox addons link on the Firefox home page) hit /server irc.dejatoons.net, and then /j #cap, and you're in! (though you really should register your name, too) Granted it's not the greatest irc client out there, but it does work and it's really simple to use.

IRC channels are a bit easier to chat in than a Shoddy server (less lag, more commands), and it's much easier to just hit /j #cap whenever I'm on IRC than open up Shoddy and connect to the CAP server itself. Though it's more of a problem with the Smogon University/Official servers, chat sometimes devolve into complete idiocy as well, which seems to rarely happen in IRC (That said, I myself am pretty guilty of not visiting the server as much as I should, which I keep telling myself to do but never end up doing so).

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner

because Shoddy's chat blows ass and IRC is awesome?

this is a really cool channel, it is pretty laid back but it is also very good to get on the topic of serious pokemon and CAP discussions, so if you're interested please come join us (don't leave me with darkie and tennisace :()

Voiced is a mode used most commonly during +m (channel mute) it allows anyone with a ranking of it to talk through that

Well, after experiencing this magic first hand, I can say that it is worth getting on. It is much better than the server's chat (I just wish it was a bit more active. There is often not much going on). But hopefully that will change.

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
As the OP said, the channel has changed to a serious Pokemon chat dealing with the CAP metagame, process, and projects. That doesn't mean we don't talk about other stuff occasionally, but there are no more tomfoolery/randkicks. Come join us to learn more about the metagame and CAP in general!

I'm not sold, what is the benefit of this that we can't get on this forum and on shoddy? Not being contrary just genuinely intrigued as to why it's beneficial to join?

I'd just like to point out that the previous #cap consisted almost entirely of people spammng "itsun" all the time and complaining about the bot. Are the "Good times" over?

I removed all the stupid scripts from my version of HAL9000. It's still there, but as more of a useful BaseBot/Keine type of role than a wormbot kind of role.

I'm not sold, what is the benefit of this that we can't get on this forum and on shoddy? Not being contrary just genuinely intrigued as to why it's beneficial to join?
It's not like it costs you anything to idle in the channel. Real-time chat is so much better than the forum.

tennisace

Different crowd of people, some people can't be arsed to open up two shoddy windows when on IRC it's easier to go on multiple channels. And also, IRC's chat is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)