CAP 5 CAP 5 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gothic Togekiss: I wanted to keep it feminine but still somewhat androgynous, like a rock Gardevoir...I guess the eyes overdo it. What do you want me to do to make it more feminine though?
Well Gardey overall appearance looks female to me so you could go for a more feminine body structure like this. Even after removing true female traits (I.E Breast), it still look feminine enough to work. They're no rule that the Pokemon in question can't be one sex only.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Its really good, but unless you told me that about Anubis, I would have not thought it was a rock type. Make it more rock like.

here's a sketch version of my entry...

It's a living statue pokemon that is based off anubis. any crits on this?
I like it, a lot, but I can't help but feel it isn't right for this CaP. It doesn't give me the "rock" vibe. Unless of course, that was intentional to break the mold.

I really like the comet,yourDeadGrandad's one, and Regi DS's. I would think that Regi's will look better, and more rock-like when colors it. Am I right?

I like it, a lot, but I can't help but feel it isn't right for this CaP. It doesn't give me the "rock" vibe. Unless of course, that was intentional to break the mold.
Well, the rules say this:
"on:
An OU viable pokemon that goes completely against the stereotypes of its typing."

But I'll try to make it more rock-like. :] Which part needs the most work?

I decided to take up on the sphinx + crystal idea, and this is what I came up with:

Forgive me for not colouring it in, I kinda lost my colour pencils, and I suck at PS. Since I didn't colour it in yet, I'm thinking whether it would have like a luminous almost crystalline body or either a pale limestone-ish colour. And everyone loves belly button piercings. xD

Comments? (I hope it's not too Egyptian-y...)

I just realised that if the sphinx concept managed to win, we would have a Egyptian Trilogy thing going on (Lucario, Revenankh, "sphinx"). :lol:
i really like the sphinx idea as it looks ancient something that would represent s.attack,and i like your drawing but would you mind making it a little less humanish?

http://cf.geocities.com/digi_josied5/images/Nefertimon2.jpg im not saying it should look like it but notice how it looks like a sphinx keeping,with some human charasteristics but its also has more animal-attributes.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
here's a sketch version of my entry...

It's a living statue pokemon that is based off anubis. any crits on this?
Really good design, but... it's like a Psychic pokemon. I don't think this is the way to "Break the mold"...

It's like a rock-type that specializes in special attacks. I really like your design, Regi-DS. <3

Working on a concept, should upload it tonight or later tomorrow if I feel that I like it.

I love it, Regi DS. I hope you sketch out a coloured version soon. Perhaps to push the living statue theme, it could be monochrome?

I don't think you need to go out of your way with textures and cracks to sell the idea that its made out of rock, as Aerodactly and Rampardos can carry that typing while still have organic looking skin.

Always a big fan of your stuff.

For anyone who wondered what it looks like black/shiny stone as opposed to grey

I have been looking at all the CAP submissions so far, and I must say, this has been my favorite. The black colouring looks really nice.

The Easter Statue one, I don't know, but there'e just something I don't like about it...I dont know what though.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here is my sphinx submission. I did two versions, one with a headress and one without.

That's excellent. I love the first one, the one with the headress. It looks lithe and agile and so a high speed would fit it perfectly, it looks like a badass special attacker and it doesnt look like it would be too bulky. Great design, it's my fave yet.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey guys. After looking over the process sticky, I just realized that at our current pace you only have like... a week to get these artworks finalized. I could try to slow it down if need be, but thats how it's looking right now.

A week huh? Well I just downloaded openCanvas and am kind of screwing around with it, lets hope I am able to get the results I want in time. I'll be shaping up and coloring my obsidian quezacoatl most likely!

I love YourDeadGranddad's Design, the Pwning Comet, Regi DS' Rock type Eevee's Evo, and Caldabog's Sphrinx Dog-bird thing.

Those are the 4 Designs that should go in Polls, for sure.

But one about about the Comet. It should have like 3 rocks around it so it could look more Special-attacker like.

EDIT: Regi DS's design SHOULD BE A EEVEE EVOLUTION FOR A ROCK TYPE. Rockeon Ftw!

Wow, Regi DS' is awesome. Nice job. Also agreeing that it doesn't have to look cracked and crumbly to be a rock type.

My favorites so far are probably: Regi's, the comet pwnr, Kopie's Gryphon thing, the revised sphinx, and DarthVader's first crystal beast. It is getting less attention than it deserves.

Also, wow, only a week left. I might try to get something up if I can get the coloring to work. It is all glitchy.

I love Regi DS' design. With the details on its body and the since it is a statue, it certainly looks Rock enough for me. There are a few Rock types that don't even appear like a Rock type at all. I mean look at Cradily, it looks like its made out of jelly or something, well for me anyways. At the least we could say its breaking Rocks stereotypical appearence of looking like being made of rocks. Great job and I would love to see it colored.

I love Regi DS' design. With the details on its body and the since it is a statue, it certainly looks Rock enough for me. There are a few Rock types that don't even appear like a Rock type at all. I mean look at Cradily, it looks like its made out of jelly or something, well for me anyways. At the least we could say its breaking Rocks stereotypical appearence of looking like being made of rocks. Great job and I would love to see it colored.
1+

Again, Regi DS' design should be a Rock-type Eevee evolution.
How awesome is that? :)

I redid my meteor design. I changed the "Staryu stuck inside" thing to a different colour. I also redid it on Photoshop (I need to get the hang of it) and I think it turned out quite well. Anyways, here it is!

BEFORE ^^^^

AFTER ^^^^

Comments please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)