It's offical, the new formes DON'T work on wifi or union room.

Let's back up this with some proof. If you want a video, I'll try to make one.

I have a Shaymin obtained from the Event at the movie a few months ago, via a WC.

Traded Shaymin over to Platinum, obtained the "Galardia's Flower", Shaymin changes to Sky Forme.

Entered the Wifi lobby, it has been changed so now you can walk around and stuff.

Exited the Wifi lobby without doing anything, no one is connected.

When I checked when I exited, Shaymin is in Land Forme.

I'm 99% sure it will go as the following for any other formes too. I don't think connectivity has anything to do with it. The game justs... resets them as they enter the Wifi/Union Room.

Update: I tried to reuse "Galardia's Flower" it the Union Room, it doesn't allow it. It only allows to set it as a shortcut or cancel, don't ask.

Update 2: Thanks to Syberia, we now know it is limited to local connectivity ONLY. I deleted the other "false" stuff now.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Okay before we come into a complete conclusion.

Have you tried battling someone? Maybe the formes will change back to what they were supposed to (unlikely)

Have you tried reattaching the Platinum Orb on Giratina (I'm pretty sure you can reattach things in the room but this one could be an exception)?

Have you completed the E4 and got the National Dex? (Ehh I dunno)

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Very slight chance this happened, but what time did you test this?

I really think there's some way to get them on wifi... I mean those pictures </3

"So, please, don't talk about my Skymin is uber, cause it cannot be used at all."

I don't think it's up to you. XD Just so you know I'm not for or against including them in shoddy, I just think saying "they can't be used" is jumping the gun a bit. If the majority decide to implement them on shoddy (or another online simulator) they will probably be there.

I'm just saying we have a server for fake pokemon so I wouldn't rule anything out just yet.

heheh, of course I won't make a silly mistake like that.

I changed my clock to day, of course.

Or do you wish to test it with me and prove it once and for all?

"So, please, don't talk about my Skymin is uber, cause it cannot be used at all."

I don't think it's up to you. XD Just so you know I'm not for or against including them in shoddy, I just think saying "they can't be used" is jumping the gun a bit. If the majority decide to implement them on shoddy (or another online simulator) they will probably be there.

I'm just saying we have a server for fake pokemon so I wouldn't rule anything out just yet.
I would rule it out, it's not like Arceus or the 200 R/S metagame, they cannot be linked at all. Isn't shoddy and other bots a replica as close as to the real game as possible?

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
It's too early to come to this conclusion. Maybe if some codes were released people could play around with them and see what happens?

Really, now, it is far too early to even think about writing this off as unusable. Remeber, Sky Shaymin & Origin Gritinia haven't even been DISCUSSED in America. For all we know, this could just be this way to prevent its usage pre-maturly.

Hell, Platinum hasn't been discussed in America yet. I mean officially. Sources like Serebii doesn't count, as they got their infomation from Japanese sources, "leaked", if you will, to America. Not one hardcoar 10 year old Pokemon fanatic (which is what the game is aimmed at, regardless of what we would like to think) has any idea about these pokes at all. So just give it time before we sign it off as unusable.

i'd wait for Nintendo to say something in Corocoro or something to completely rule them out, i still think there is a way get them on wifi.

maybe its a glitch on the roms you people are playing in, im getting the real game soon and hope to test this out.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Remember how in PBR, all ubers were banned temporarily due to some accident or something? I think it's the same case here.

However, I'd still wait.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The second screenshot is just the Torn World battle... but they did should O-Tina in a wifi battle...

Really, now, it is far too early to even think about writing this off as unusable. Remeber, Sky Shaymin & Origin Gritinia haven't even been DISCUSSED in America. For all we know, this could just be this way to prevent its usage pre-maturly.

Hell, Platinum hasn't been discussed in America yet. I mean officially. Sources like Serebii doesn't count, as they got their infomation from Japanese sources, "leaked", if you will, to America. Not one hardcoar 10 year old Pokemon fanatic (which is what the game is aimmed at, regardless of what we would like to think) has any idea about these pokes at all. So just give it time before we sign it off as unusable.
It's like people on this site doesn't read.

As i said, it is too early to even tink about writing this off as unusable.

If we got someone with a real-cart to do it, then I am convinced. Besides, not like Nintendo are super experts that can tell if a game is from a flash card or not; if it did, it shouldn't let me online at all. It behaves like the real game other than connectivity to the wii.

In any case, I'll gladly let you use the Shaymin, if anyone has it.

I would rule it out, it's not like Arceus or the 200 R/S metagame, they cannot be linked at all. Isn't shoddy and other bots a replica as close as to the real game as possible?
Like I said I'm not for or against their implementation. Both are uber (or in the case of Skymin very likely uber) which I don't play. So it doesn't affect me either way.

But as I also said we have a server where pokemon that don't even exist are used. So...

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
Also the fact that they had that video they showed giratina vs dialga. They told you all those strategies on how to beat dialga, like give giratina carbos, teach it outrage, protect, mudslap, and spite. I mean when are you going to be in an ingame situtation where you have to fight a level 50 dialga?

EDIT: yeah that's one of the points :/ there is no level 50 dialga in game

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
WAIT.

Do we have any Japanese sources for this?

Is it possible they've been banned on American Wi-Fi until Platinum comes out here...?

Also the fact that they had that video they showed giratina vs dialga. They told you all those strategies on how to beat dialga, like give giratina carbos, teach it outrage, protect, mudslap, and spite. I mean when are you going to be in an ingame situtation where you have to fight a level 50 dialga?
Dialga is Level 70 in Platinum.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
Event Trainer IDs
02211 (Celebi, WIN 2011 Suicune)
02141 (WIN 2011 Entei)
02071 (WIN 2011 Raikou)
01311 (GAMESTP Suicune)
01301 (Pikachu)
01171 (GAMESTP Entei)
01031 (GAMESTP Raikou)
10160 (FAL2010 Mew)
03060 (Oblivia events)
06260 (SMR 2010 Jirachi)
02270 (GAMESTP Jirachi)
01300 (GAMESTP Pichu)
11079 (Arceus)
03089 (Regigigas)

Troubleshooting/FAQ.
For your convenience commonly asked questions will be here.
-I have an earlier version of RNG Reporter, can I still use this guide?
Sure, but be aware that versions of RNG Reporter pre-9.94 have you making some monster frame adjustments before you do frame advances. 9.94 and above accounts for all this and has you working with monster frames of 1 for virtually all captures save Cresselia/Mesprit. To avoid confusion it's best to download the newest version of RNG Reporter.

-I've followed the steps given and I can't get my target Pokemon, what am I doing wrong?
Check the following and make sure all the answers to the following questions are correct:

General
1. Did you search for the correct method?
2. Is your timer set up correctly in terms of calibrated delay/target delay?
3. Are there NPCs in your area?
4. Are you using the correct method for delay verification?
5. Are you using the correct method for frame advancement?
6. Is the seed you're using correct?
7. Are you working with the correct initial frame?
8. Did you input the correct time in your DS and account for Minutes before Target from EonTimer?
9. If using HGSS, are you calling Elm/Irwin only up to the frame just before your target?

Breeding
1. Do your breeding parents have the right IVs?
2. Are your breeding parents deposited in the right order?
3. What IVs did your offspring get?
4. Do the offspring's IVs match a frame that's close to your target?
5. If using DPPt, are you grabbing the egg as fast as possible after doing your frame advances?
6. If using HGSS, is your target frame at least 10 or higher?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
THANK YOU.

I said this TWICE. Seriously, we do not have enough info to even regard this as a fact.
No problem.

Seriously, even though Gamefreak gave us all this bullshit with the Rotom forms forgetting moves and stuff, I doubt they would HIGHLY HYPE these new Pokemon and then not let people use them on Wi-Fi. That's terrible PR.

That's the screenshot I was looking for Everstone :) But is it even possible for Nintendo to "ban" Alternate Formes from non-Japanese Wifi? Suppose it was, would they bother to do such a thing anyway? Technically I think the back of the game box says "only for use in Japan/whatever region here", so wouldn't they just ban the game from other Wifi altogether, assuming they could?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
It's only a theory. They very well can ban certain things from American Wi-Fi.

I would say check Japanese blogs or something for screenshots and see if it's correct....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)