CAP 5 CAP 5 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Caladbolg, i think you're right on the money with the brown scheme. However, i don't see why you couldn't put both schemes together on a picture for the submission--Normal and Shiny types? But seriously, it looks amazing.

Finally got it finished. Here is my idea. Its a gargoyle.

It doesnt fly since it is so heavy but it can run very fast and is a powerful climber. Its wings are more for speed then flight but is still capable of gliding a good distance.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Finally got it finished. Here is my idea. Its a gargoyle.

It doesnt fly since it is so heavy but it can run very fast and is a powerful climber. Its wings are more for speed then flight but is still capable of gliding a good distance.
It's look like a Dragon, not a Gargoyle.

Yeah, that does look Dragon and Flying way more than it does look Rock. Actually, it doesn't really seem to be Rock type at all. While a few pokemon do have wings without being Flying or Levitate, you could try making the wings look like stone instead of flesh. Also try changing the color into something like gray/black/brown rather than that greenish one. And you could change the face to look less like a dragon, try googling "gargoyle" to see some pics.

found out what waz wrong with scanner, and fixed it
here is new:
Dude it looks good. But take off those "crystals" off its back and replace with something.. I don't really know. But it looks awesome.

Never mind. Take off the pointy crystals and the "crystal" before that
and keep the First crystals all over its back.

Dude it looks good. But take off those "crystals" off its back and replace with something.. I don't really know. But it looks awesome.

Never mind. Take off the pointy crystals and the "crystal" before that
and keep the First crystals all over its back.
i may just scrap the crystals and put somethin like some rock "loops" or somthing... lol

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Ok, This is my submit:

Normal

Shiny...

[Sorry, Can anyone put the forms togethers in one picture?]

Arguments: [By Berserker]This is a really cool design, though it may be too foreign from the pokemon designs. Then again, as mentioned in previous CAPs, a lot of the recent pokemon designs are pretty fucking strange (Claydol? Solrock? A washing machine? Holy shit.) I guess being too human isn't a problem, since Gamefreak already has pokes like Mewtwo, Gardevoir, Lucario, Regirock (sort of), etc.

Apologize: Sorry if you liked my other art... Maybe I'll use those ideas for next CAP. Thanks for the support and I'll be waiting your votes xD [Just Kiding]

Hey thanks. Thats what I think.
Please, I need to choose one of my arts to submit. And I need your vote, of course. Which one?

-Easter Island Based Pokemon [Any color-scheme]
-Gargoyle Pokemon
-Sphinx Pokemon [First Design]
-Stalagmite Pokemon.
Stalagmite Pokemon. All the way.

I was supposed to be studying for a dynamics exam...

... but CAP happened. So it's drawn on engineering paper.

So a lot of you are probably wondering why the hell it looks like 100 different animals stuck together. I based it loosely on a qilin, sometimes known as the Chinese equivalent of a unicorn. (Some of you may be familiar with the Japanese brand of beer called Kirin... it's that animal.) For those of you too lazy to read the wiki link, it's supposed to be a mix of a Chinese dragon, deer, ox, and lion.

Given its mystical origins and all the crystals decorating it, I think it can pass as a special attacker. I also tried really hard to avoid making it too much like a dragon or too bulky. Instead, I aimed for a slightly more lion look and a leaner build. The front half of its torso is supposed to look more organic, while its back half is supposed to look more rock-like (its hind legs and hooves in particular).

Feedback is welcomed, although the thing I want opinions on the most is its hind legs- should I keep both the crystal-like growth and the rocky, square patches, or only keep one over the other? I got the rocky patches idea from Kangaskhan in the picture.

I think Regi's final submission is, hands down, the most official looking. It doesn't hurt that it is badass as well. My only qualm is that Lucario is already based off of Anubis.

I was supposed to be studying for a dynamics exam...

... but CAP happened. So it's drawn on engineering paper.

So a lot of you are probably wondering why the hell it looks like 100 different animals stuck together. I based it loosely on a quilin, sometimes known as the Chinese equivalent of a unicorn. (Some of you may be familiar with the Japanese brand of beer called Kirin... it's that animal.) For those of you too lazy to read the wiki link, it's supposed to be a mix of a Chinese dragon, deer, ox, and lion.

Given its mystical origins and all the crystals decorating it, I think it can pass as a special attacker. I also tried really hard to avoid making it too much like a dragon or too bulky. Instead, I aimed for a slightly more lion look and a leaner build. The front half of its torso is supposed to look more organic, while its back half is supposed to look more rock-like (its hind legs and hooves in particular).

Feedback is welcomed, although the thing I want opinions on the most is its hind legs- should I keep both the crystal-like growth and the rocky, square patches, or only keep one over the other? I got the rocky patches idea from Kagaskhan in the picture.

The head looks too big. I don't think the whole mix of animals wouldn't work for a Dog-like shape. it looks weird and looks like Suicune.. :/

I think Regi's final submission is, hands down, the most official looking. It doesn't hurt that it is badass as well. My only qualm is that Lucario is already based off of Anubis.

Well it looks like a Eeveelution and has a body of stones unlike Lucario..
Um.. Yeah that's all. :toast:

Also it looks like a pokemon that can summon lucosts (Bugs) and Sandstorm. Sandstream would be his ability and Lucario doesn't look like it's gonna summon anything. :P

Here's the one with Goundon/Kyrogue eyes.

I didn't have the right program to get the color you picked, so I used MS paint.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
@Caladbolg - Only one color scheme will be accepted for the final poll. Pick the scheme that you consider the normal coloring for your design. The spriters normally choose the shiny color scheme for the final sprites. This is not a formal part of the rules, but it is the tradition from all past CAP projects.

is this wat you mean:
OMG THAT IS AWESOME. I MEAN THAT. THAT IS GETTING MY VOTE.
Caladbolg, can you PLEASE replace your submission with one of these? No offense intended, all of your drawings were amazing, it's just that this coloring is DEFINITELY my favorite.
AND Groudon/Kyogre eyes would own.
OMG THAT IS ALMOST AS BADASS. Keep both back legs the same, and maybe make the front pair and the back pair of legs have the same feet, it just seems a little awkward on sheep legs and dog legs at the same time. o.O
Still, it's an awesome concept.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
@Caladbolg - Only one color scheme will be accepted for the final poll. Pick the scheme that you consider the normal coloring for your design. The spriters normally choose the shiny color scheme for the final sprites. This is not a formal part of the rules, but it is the tradition from all past CAP projects.
XD. I guess I am the 'Break the Mold' guy.

Ok... I choose the Normal one.

I promise I'll work harder for the next CAP...Thanks for support me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)