I HIT #1 ON SHODDY WITH THIS TEAM THAT MAKES IT GREAT

So I've had tons of people ask me to post this team, and so I finally decided that I might as well. Now I've been using this team for a couple of weeks, and I have to say that I just love it. It quickly put me in the top 50 while I continued to climb the ladder, eventually reaching my current place at #1. I sit at about 1730 at I'm writing this. Most of my losses come from hax, but I won't lie that some of my wins do as well.

Some things that you may want to know about this team is that I went through alot of changes while making this. This means that you may have seen me use a substitution for one of my Pokes. However, I decided to post what I have here since it seems to be the best out of all the testing that I have done. This team is also meant to be pretty much all offence, so I would like you to keep this in mind while rating this.

The Team

Deoxys-A@Focus Sash
Nature: Naive
Trait: Pressure
EV's: 200 SpA / 252 Spe / 56 Atk
~Grass Knot
~Extreemspeed
~Stealth Rock
~SuperPower

Deoxys-A is pretty cool. It usually sets up Stealth Rocks for me which is it's primary goal, while still hitting hard in the process. Grass Knot lets me hit both Groudon and Kyogre hard, and thats the ONLY reason why I use it over Thunder. Ice Beam hits the large mount of dragons in Uber, primarily the Lati twins, which again is my primary reason for using it. SuperPower is for the ever common Dialga leads, and Blissey switch ins. He gets the job done; thats all that matters.

Darkrai@Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Trait: Bad Dreams
EV's: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 6 HP
~Dark Void
~Dark Pulse
~Nasty Plot
~Focus Blast

This here is responsible for half my wins, and it's none other than Nasty Plot Darkrai. Nothing can safely switch into one of it's moves after it's gotten a boost, not even Blissey! I have near perfect type coverage so almost nothing counters it, and anything that does is easily slept. I wanted to use a Swords Dance / Sucker Punch / Focus Punch / Substitute set, but I figured that Nasty Plot was just too good to pass up. I usually bring him out mid/late game, where he does his job best.

Rayquaza@Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Trait: Air Lock
EV's: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 6 HP
~Swords Dance
~Extreemspeed
~Dragon Claw
~Earthquake

One word. Destruction. This here is what I like to call my Garchomp and Lucario of Ubers. After a boost Extreemspeed OHKO's tons of crap such as Kyogre, Palkia, and Mewtwo. Nearly everything else is taken down by Dragon Claw and Earthquake. I'm considering a fire move in here to take care of Forretress and Bronzong who like to switch-in alot. It would probobly go over Earthquake since thats the move I use least. If I can get in +4 Atk than Lugia easily falls to Extreemspeed after Stealth Rocks are up, however it takes a nice amount of damage from +2 Atk Extreemspeed too.

Dialga@Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
Trait: Pressure
EV's: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 6 HP
~Dragon Pulse
~Draco Meteor
~Fire Blast
~Earth Power / Thunder

Okay so after getting swept by one of these by Absol X, I just had to use him. And let me tell you is he worth it. This guy gets so many suprise revenge kills it's not even funny. I easily kill unsuspecting Rayqauaza why attempt to Earthquake me after a Swords Dance, only to get OHKO'd by my dragon attack. I'm able to outspeed Deoxys-A since I use Timid, and hit everything for neutral if I use Earth Power. However at times I'm wanting to use Thunder specifically for Kyogre and Lugia who sometimes get free switch-ins. Dragon Pulse is usually used late game when I don't want to risk the SpA drop, while Draco Meteor is used earlier to KO most switch ins.

Groudon@Life Orb
Nature: Adament
Trait: Drought
EV's: 252 Atk / 216 Spe / 48 HP
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Dragon Claw
~Rock Polish

After some help from King of Hax and Fabbles I decided to use a Rock Polish Groudon over what used to be Scizor. Scizor was the weakest member of my team, and Groudon helps me set up my final Rayquaza sweep. EdgeQuake is only resisted by Bronzong and Skarmory which gives it some nice coverage, while Dragon Claw gives me a nice KO on the Lati twins.. The EV's allow to me outspeed Modest Choice Scarf Mewtwo after a Rock Polish which is the fastest thing that I should be encountering. If anybody believes I should just use 252 Spe EV's please state your reason.

Garchomp@Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
Trait: Sandstream
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
~Dragon Claw
~Outrage
~Earthquake
~Fire Fang

Here we have the newest addition to the team (and the Uber tier). It's none other than Garchomp. Garchomp comes in when I know my opponent no longer has a steal type and has Pokes significantly weakened, so that I can just spam Outrages and usually win. I use Dragon Claw to scout my opponent since getting locked into Outrage early in the game is troublesome. Fire Fang is for Forretress and other steels, while Earthquake is for a secondary STAB and Dialga. Jolly over Adament since Garchomp suprisingly is one of the few Pokes that can take a +2 Extreemspeed from Rayquaza, where as with Adament it can just Dragon Claw me for the kill.

Conclusion

Well that about wraps up my team. I would like to thank everyone for reading this and hope that you can try making suggestions that are helpful for me. Anyone is allowed to copy this if they wish, since this is pretty much me just retiring this team and hoping for some last minute help. Thanks again!

Edit: I would also like to point out that I won't be playing Ubers again for some time, and that my rating may be much lower than what it was when I originally posted this.

This is a great team. Very Well Done!

I'd go with Earth Power on Dialga as Deoxys-A should take out Kyogre if he's not already dead. Although leads do die sometimes Darkri can take him once he is asleep. Although in the end it is your choice.

Great Team!

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, I battled you recently (you had Tina > Chomp) under the name I Can Uber and was really leading the whole way and there was nothing you could do. I'll see if I can help.

Deoxys: I've always found Ice Beam to be less useful than Extreemespeed, and seeing how you have two Scarfed Dragons I see no reason not to make the switch.

Rayquaza: SD Rayquaza REALLY needs Outrage or you will still die to things like Groudon and Lugia. Earthquake seems fine as you have Fire Blast elsewhere.

Garchomp: Heh, guessing you saw the destruction it brought upon your old team. I've always used Stone Edge over Fire Blast, as (especially with this team) any damage you can do to Lugia is crucial.

Overall: I like the team because it is so fast, but with 2 Scarfers and Scizor you are giving many things free switch ins that could really hamper you in the long run. Honestly, I am not seeing what Scizor is doing for the team. Your Scarfers already take care of everything like the Lati Twins, Mewtwo, and Darkrai that Scizor wants to take out. It also lets people get things like Kyogre in on you to essentially get a free kill. There are a few pokes you can use in this spot, but I would go with either Specs Kyogre or some kind of boosting Groudon. Kyogre can help you with your slight Lugia problems while Groudon provides a much needed physical defense but also the chance of a sweep.

You have no need for Scizor on your team. Latis and Mewtwo are handled by Mewtwo, and Rayquaza's Extremespeed.

I see a pretty big Timid Manaphy weak (especially CM ones like I use), as nothing on your team can handle it.

Few things that could help....

Drop Earth Power for Thunder.

Add Aura Sphere in Fire Blast's spot, or change Fire Blast to Overheat. Dialga is a hit and run Pokemon, and should be treated as so.

Rock Polish Groudon could also help in Scizor's spot, stopping Forretress that prevent your Ray sweep with Fire Punch, and taking away Manaphy's no turn Rest.

Going with Fabbles, use Extremespeed on Deoxys over Ice Beam, it's incredibly useful as it take out all the weakened Scarfers and random Sashers that run amuck in ubers.

Nice team overall.

Thanks everyone for the comments so far. Heres what i'll do.

Well you all mentioned how Scizor is my weak link, and yea you're both right. I think Groudon would be a nice addition. I guess Rock Polish would work. However would Life Orb work as the item?

I would prefer to keep Fire Blast on Dialga. Aura Sphere only hits Darkrai and opposing Dialga while both get hit hard enough by one of my dragon attacks. I will however use Thunder on Dialga over Earth Power, since I never do find myself wanting to get locked into a ground move anyway.

I'll try out Extreemspeed on Deoxys. I did play alot of them and they seem really effective. It would also help with priority since I'm probobly going to replace Scizor.

Yeah, use Life Orb. Since you're not boosting attack with anything else, the added boost from Orb will help. It also guarantees KO's on Mewtwo and the like with SR down.

As stated by Fabbles at the very least I would drop Dragon Claw on Rayquaza for Outrage or maybe totally revamp the set and go with Swords Dance, Waterfall, Stone Edge and Extremespeed. You only lose coverage on Giratina but as a bonus you can now OHKO Lugia as well as Groudon, the two main "counters" to Rayquaza.

I don't particularly like Scarf Chomp on this team as your team is already so fast, possibly replacing it for a Band Chomp might be better as it can help break down walls like Lugia, Giratina and Groudon and make it easier for your own Groudon and Rayquaza to sweep. Speaking about your Groudon why do you have Fire Punch? It's only useful for Forretress and Skarmory the later being a rarity in Ubers and the former being taken care of by Earthquake. Drop it for Dragon Claw as that gives you a solid OHKO on the Lati twins and prevents you from being almost fully walled by Giratina-O.

As stated by Fabbles at the very least I would drop Dragon Claw on Rayquaza for Outrage or maybe totally revamp the set and go with Swords Dance, Waterfall, Stone Edge and Extremespeed. You only lose coverage on Giratina but as a bonus you can now OHKO Lugia as well as Groudon, the two main "counters" to Rayquaza.

I don't particularly like Scarf Chomp on this team as your team is already so fast, possibly replacing it for a Band Chomp might be better as it can help break down walls like Lugia, Giratina and Groudon and make it easier for your own Groudon and Rayquaza to sweep. Speaking about your Groudon why do you have Fire Punch? It's only useful for Forretress and Skarmory the later being a rarity in Ubers and the former being taken care of by Earthquake. Drop it for Dragon Claw as that gives you a solid OHKO on the Lati twins and prevents you from being almost fully walled by Giratina-O.
Im not a Uber Master (FAR AWAY from this), but i like the Waterfall/Stone Edge idea. Giratina could be took down by things like darkrai. Sunny Day obviously wont be an obstacle in Waterfall path, meaning he can take groudon, and even enter in any move not called Dragon Claw.

Thanks for the new replies. Heres what i'll do.

I use Fire Punch just because it hits everything in the game neutral, however I forgot all about the Lati twins so I'll change it back to Dragon Claw. I like the idea of Waterfall on Rayquaza, so I may end up replacing Earthquake with it. Stone Edge would be cool however the standard Lugia outspeeds me and most carry Ice Beam which makes it somewhat useless. So in the end how is a set of Swords Dance / Waterfall / Extreemspeed / Dragon Claw? If someone can do the calcs of a +2 Atk Waterfall on Groudon that would be nice (don't forget ti add in Air Lock).

I don't really want too many choice items on this team, so how about Life Orb on Garchomp? I could throw in Swords Dance with it and use Stone Edge to take out Lugia, but then it would look like a second Rayquaza.

Thoughts? Opinions? Keep the rates coming!

Great team tbh, all I have to say is Put Hidden Power [Fighting] over Focus Blast on Darkrai because of the shaky accuracy (if you don't mind it don't change it) other than that there's nothing I can say really.

Great team, however, personally, i would choose to run the dialga as a specs dialga with Draco meteor, Overheat, Earth Power, Aura Sphere. The sun from Groudon kinda hurts thunder. It's up to you, but this kinda specs variant rips its way through teams really quick

Stone Edge would be cool however the standard Lugia outspeeds me and most carry Ice Beam which makes it somewhat useless. So in the end how is a set of Swords Dance / Waterfall / Extreemspeed / Dragon Claw? If someone can do the calcs of a +2 Atk Waterfall on Groudon that would be nice (don't forget ti add in Air Lock).
If you don't favour Stone Edge then leave Earthquake as it prevents Dialga from wall you and would be your strongest move against Forretress. This leaves you open against Giratina-A and Giratina-O but once again I don't really see the remainder of your team having problems with them.

252 HP / 0 Def Groudon takes 85%-100% from a Jolly Ray's Swords Dance Life Orbed Waterfall while an Adamant Ray will do 94% minimum which means you always OHKO with Stealth Rock.

I don't really want too many choice items on this team, so how about Life Orb on Garchomp? I could throw in Swords Dance with it and use Stone Edge to take out Lugia, but then it would look like a second Rayquaza.
CB Garchomp 2HKOs Lugia anyway and the majority of the time you're not going to get enough time to set up a Swords Dance with Chomp anyway.

Thanks for the calcs Maniac. I'm probobly just going to keep what I have for Rayquaza's moveset, since no matter what I chose something will always beat it.

And regarding Garchomp, I'll just use a CB set like you mentioned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)