Comp Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
After installing a game application from the internet, my computer just went to shit. Specificly, i can't run programs without getting this message- "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Not only that, but the desktop icon for Internet Explorer has gone missing, and the only tabs available to me when pressing the start button is "All Programs" and "Help and Support". "Logg Off", "Run", etc. are all missing. So far, I've tried running SmitFraudFix, I've tried to reconfigure settings, and I've tried to System Restore, but they all come to the same conclusion- Operation has been cancelled blah blah blah... which is weird because I've done these things while under the Administrator account. So now I'm pretty sure I have some form of malware. Also, the time showing on the bottom right has also been modified. In place of "PM", it instead reads "time". If you have any idea how to fix this, or if you can point me in the right direction, please do...

P.S. I'm on my laptop; my other comp has no way of accessing ANYTHING without getting that gay message.

I would call support from the company that made your computer, you might have to take it in to get fixed =/

I would call support from the company that made your computer, you might have to take it in to get fixed =/
You could do that as a last resort, but it's not necessary yet. First, you have to answer the main question.

What was the name of the game application you installed?

this is why you don't download crappy internet games

You obviously have a Trojan. Download something like AVG, Norton or PC Tools and run that. If you can't install, boot up in safe mode and try to do it then. Otherwise, if you can take your Laptop to a a friend or somewhere that can link it to their computer and run a scan third party, do that.

Last resort, repair shop'll do the trick 'n' you won't lose your stuff.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
A. This is not a troubleshooting forum
2. We already have a computer Q&A thread over in Renaissance
D. Don't download stupid shit.

You're welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)