World Series Discussion

With the Rays winning last night the World Series looks like it could be interesting. Go Phillies!

Damn Rays...where the hell did they come from anyways? Never saw them as championship contenders, that's for sure. Not that I can complain, since my team didn't even make the playoffs...

And on an unrelated note, Baseball is too damn long. There's a reason why sports that play less games are more popular, instead of spamming 3-4 games a week that no one watches all of.

Damn Rays...where the hell did they come from anyways? Never saw them as championship contenders, that's for sure. Not that I can complain, since my team didn't even make the playoffs...

And on an unrelated note, Baseball is too damn long. There's a reason why sports that play less games are more popular, instead of spamming 3-4 games a week that no one watches all of.
yeh i agree i dont really watch baseball except for the playofss and the weeks leading up do it other wise i just check standings every few days.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Rays haven't been around a while, and I really liked the game last night they were in because for minute i thought they weren't gonna win.

I honestly think they deserve it.

/Rays

Rays haven't been around a while, and I really liked the game last night they were in because for minute i thought they weren't gonna win.

I honestly think they deserve it.

/Rays
I agree the Rays are good but franchises in Philly havent been to hot and I just think itd be great for a philly team to fianlly win something :)

When a friend told me during MLB preseason that the Rays were going to be contenders I laughed. Now I think they actually have a good shot at winning the World Series. I'd really like to see them win, going from dead last in the AL East to the best team the next year.

When a friend told me during MLB preseason that the Rays were going to be contenders I laughed. Now I think they actually have a good shot at winning the World Series. I'd really like to see them win, going from dead last in the AL East to the best team the next year.

I didn't think they would be contenders "this" year. I did think they were going to have their best season this year with about 75-80 wins, THEN have the breakout year next year. Well, that young talent all developed at the same time this year! They have done so poorly in their 11 years of a franchise, they have gathered an insane amount of talent from draft picks (they have 5 1st round picks on their active roster!), and made a great trade at the beginning of the year to trade their top outfield prospect (Delmon Young) for the great young pitcher Matt Garza (who went 13 IP and gave up only 2 ER in the ALCS), and their current SS Jason Bartlett.

Combine that with an effecitve manager, and I can see that this is an excellent squad that can beat the Phillies!! By the way, their team payroll is only $40 million, which is ranked 29th (next to last) in the league!!!

I don't watch baseball but that's an interesting stat. Only 40 mil and in the World Series? Wow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)