A Sweep of Epic Proportions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because my thread urging people to make a good warstory was locked, I decided to make my own. I went on to shoddy with one of my favorite teams and tried to see if it could win a game in the new platinum metagame. My name in this warstory is Sunkern, because I didn't want to lower any of my other accounts ratings.

My team:

Opponent's team:

Opponent's moves will look like this.
Sunkern's moves will look like this.
other text will look like this.
Leftovers will be removed.
Nicknames will be removed.
Opponent's name will be removed.

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause
Opponent sent out Zapdos.
Sunkern sent out Smeargle.
Zapdos is exerting its pressure!
Zapdos used Thunderbolt.
Smeargle lost 92% of its health.
Smeargle used Spore.
Zapdos fell asleep!

Well here's the start of a new battle. I see that he has a zapdos, and wonder if it is a wall or a sweeper. I assume he won't switch, so I go for the safe spore because zappy can be a large threat to this team with roar.
---
Bach switched in Deoxys-e.
Deoxys-e is exerting its pressure!
Smeargle used Mean Look.
Deoxys-e was trapped!

As he switches in Deo-e i knew it was a bad sign. Getting prepared to eat a superpower to the face, I know I won't live it (or anything else he throws at me) so I decide to switch out. Not a good start for my baton passing team, as it is really hindered by the switch. No ingrain+no mean look is not the start I imagined for a win.
---
Sunkern switched in Mr. Mime.
Deoxys-e used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!

I was amazed when he SR'd. I couldn't believe that he didn't attack. I could have BP'd the mean look and started off great! Well, now smeargle can't come back in, I guess I better make the most of it and try to stat up.
---
Deoxys-e used Knock Off.
It's super effective!
Mr. Mime lost 11% of its health.
Deoxys-e knocked off foe Mr. Mime's Leftovers!
Mr. Mime used Calm Mind.
Mr. Mime's special attack was raised.
Mr. Mime's special defence was raised.

Eureka! It's a support deoxys! I can set up on this all I want, because I know he won't be doing anything to mime. First, however, I need to taunt him so he cant get too many entry hazards up. And if he switches in anything else, they can't set up against me.
---
Deoxys-e used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered everywhere!
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
Mr. Mime used Taunt.
Deoxys-e fell for the taunt!

Alright, now that he is taunted, I know he's going to switch. I'm eager to see what he will bring in, so I can gauge my chance of winning this game. Might just set up more, and see what I can do.
---
Opponent switched in Jirachi.
Mr. Mime used Calm Mind.

This is NOT good. My final sweeper has some trouble against a special wall jirachi, as it is very bulky and takes neutral damage from everything I throw at it. In fact, my team has trouble with any special wall, I just made it for fun.
---
Mr. Mime used Taunt.
Jirachi fell for the taunt!
Jirachi used Rain Dance.
Jirachi can't use Rain Dance after the taunt!

I taunt it to stop it from doing any supporting or CMing of it's own, and I know I have another shot to set up, because rain dance means it isn't a strong attacker.
---
Bach switched in Kingdra.
Mr. Mime used Calm Mind.

Maybe he thought that he got the RD off, but I'm +4 SpA and SpD right now, so I can take a draco meteor. I only have to worry about him using waterfall or DD, so I taunt him to make sure he can't set up. I'm faster than him so it's a safe move.
---
Mr. Mime used Taunt.
Kingdra fell for the taunt!
Kingdra used Waterfall.
Mr. Mime lost 68% of its health.

Well he waterfalled, so I better get out as fast as I can. I have my favorite pokemon on my team, so it's time to recover all the entry damage I took.
---
Opponent switched in Deoxys-e.
Mr. Mime used Baton Pass.
Sunkern switched in Vaporeon.
Pointed stones dug into Vaporeon.
Vaporeon lost 12% of its health.
Vaporeon was hurt by Spikes!
Vaporeon lost 12% of its health.

Wow, he switched again. Good prediction on his part, but it was useless. I know his Deo is useless, so it's time to set up.
---
Deoxys-e used Spikes.
Vaporeon used Acid Armor.
Vaporeon's defence was sharply raised.

Yes, i know vappy is only standard for wish/sub passing on BP chains, but I needed the defense part because I am not using scizor. He sets up spikes, which means I have one more free turn before he switches
---
Deoxys-e used Spikes.

Yes! Because he spiked again I can get +6 Defense on the switch. I am assuming he has recover as his last move, as it is the standard support wall set.
---
Deoxys-e used Spikes.
But it failed!

No idea what he was thinking there. A useless move, as now I can freely BP out to any of my pokemon and not have to worry about being attacked. I need to get my special attack higher, but the entry hazards will kill mime. Luckily, my uncommon BP chain pokemon has nasty plot, so I go out to her.
---
Deoxys-e used Knock Off.
Vaporeon lost 2% of its health.
Deoxys-e knocked off foe Vaporeon's Leftovers!
Vaporeon used Baton Pass.
Sunkern switched in Togekiss.
Pointed stones dug into Togekiss.
Togekiss lost 25% of its health.

Once again, wow. A free nasty plot next turn on the switch. I am beginning to worry about not having any speed boosts, but I am running 252 EV's and a timid nature. The knock off seems odd, because the lefties on vappy weren't really doing anything because I have a recovery move.
---
Deoxys-e used Knock Off.
Togekiss lost 1% of its health.
Deoxys-e knocked off foe Togekiss's Leftovers!
Togekiss used Nasty Plot.
Togekiss's special attack was sharply raised.

Again with the knock offing! Useless moves show me the experience of the player, but I am still proud of my BP chain. Now with +6 SpA, I have a couple of options. BP to my agility user, or Wish up just in case a powerful attacker comes in. I choose the second option, because I see no downside to it with my current knowledge of his team.
---
Togekiss used Wish.
Togekiss made a wish!

That's cool, I am going to assume he will rain dance, so another free baton pass away. This is really good for me!
---
Togekiss used Baton Pass.
Sunkern switched in Zapdos.
Pointed stones dug into Zapdos.
Zapdos lost 25% of its health.
Jirachi used Rain Dance.
Rain began to fall!
The wish came true!
Zapdos restored 25% of its health.
The rain continues to fall.

As he rain dances, I have a trick up my sleeve. Instead of using agility, I'm going to sunny day just so I can slow down his Kingdra and weaken his waterfall.
---
Zapdos used Sunny Day.
The rain stopped.
The sun began to shine!
Jirachi used Wish.
Jirachi made a wish!
The sun continues to shine.

Ha! Predicting either the switch or rain dance, I decide it's the perfect time to agility. Now I will be faster than most things on his team, but my sweeper might not be.
---
Zapdos used Agility.
Zapdos's speed was sharply raised.
The wish came true!

Ohh, deoxys comes in, and the only logical reason I see is to knock off my leftovers. Once again another free move, so I think it would be fun to annoy him.
---
Zapdos used Substitute.
Zapdos made a substitute!
Deoxys-e used Knock Off.
A critical hit!
The substitute took damage for Zapdos!

Ha! I still have my lefties! What now? Well, now it's the perfect time to Agility up once again, setting up my sweeper quite well.
---
Opponent switched in Machamp.
Zapdos used Agility.

Alright, I see his fifth team member. Machamp is pretty bulky and can do quite some damage, especially to the pitiful 30/30/30 defenses of the best sweeper in the game. I still have my sub, and I know zappy is no slouch at defense, so I assume I will live and agility once more.
---
Zapdos used Agility.
Machamp used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
Zapdos's substitute faded!
The sun faded.

Ohh, the sub faded! I thought I would live. It's probably because of the freakin' crit knock off. I need a free switch to my sweeper, so it's time to play the sub game.
---
Zapdos used Substitute.
Machamp used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Zapdos's substitute faded!

Man, another crit. I am decently sure that I will live the hit, so I try once more to get a better switch in.
---
Zapdos used Substitute.
Machamp used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!

I knew it. The stupid crits were the reason why the subs kept on breaking. Now it's sweeping time!
---
Zapdos used Baton Pass.
Sunkern switched in Sunkern.
Pointed stones dug into Sunkern.
Sunkern lost 12% of its health.
Sunkern was hurt by Spikes!
Sunkern lost 25% of its health.
Sunkern's leftovers restored its health a little!
Sunkern restored 6% of its health.

I bring in one of my favorite pokemon, and prepare to dominate. I was torn between a sunkern sweep or a shuckle sweep, but I needed the 25 more base speed and special attack. Not to mention I still have my sub intact, so its a good chance that I will live. Unfortunately, he brought in his best counter to me, because my only neutral attack is HP water.
---
Sunkern used Hidden Power.
Jirachi lost 29% of its health.
Jirachi used Zen Headbutt.
The substitute took damage for Sunkern!
Sunkern's substitute faded!

Shit! only 29% Luckily, he doesn't have leftovers (probably damp rock), so I can 4HKO while he doesn't
---
Jirachi lost 27% of its health.
Jirachi used Zen Headbutt.
Sunkern lost 29% of its health.
Sunkern's leftovers restored its health a little!
Sunkern restored 6% of its health.

Damn! He will 4HKO, luckily I have the first hit, so I can beat him out. Two more moves until the first death of the game.
---
Sunkern used Synthesis.
Sunkern restored 49% of its health.

Just kidding. I needed more time because of the entry hazards, so I decided to heal myself. Too bad my sunny day ran out. Deoxys can knock my item off, so machamp and jirachi will be a pain.
---
Sunkern used Energy Ball.
Deoxys-e lost 82% of its health.
Deoxys-e used Knock Off.
Sunkern lost 5% of its health.
Deoxys-e knocked off foe Sunkern's Leftovers!

That's how pitiful sunkern's special attack is. +6 252 Ev's, STAB Modest energy ball fails to OHKO a deoxys. At least i'm faster than it, so I can proceed to kill it.
---
Deoxys-e lost 24% of its health.
Opponent's Deoxys-e fainted.
(5-6)

And now I am in position for a sweep. I know all his pokemon but one, and I can only hope it isn't a priority user.
---
Opponent switched in Zapdos.
Sunkern used Sludge Bomb.
Zapdos lost 62% of its health.
Zapdos is fast asleep!

He brings in the sleeping zapdos, so it's an easy kill. Sludge bomb reveals my 4th move, so he knows he has to be nervous if he has a celebi.
---
Zapdos lost 38% of its health.
Opponent's Zapdos fainted.
(4-6)

I hidden powered here because I wanted to do some damage to a switching in jirachi. But he fainted, which puts me up 6-4.
---
Opponent switched in Kingdra.
Kingdra lost 69% of its health.
Kingdra used Dragon Dance.
Kingdra's attack was raised.
Kingdra's speed was raised.
---

This was a huge mistake by him. DDing up, preparing for his own sweep? A stupid move on his part, and it cost him the match.

Sunkern used Sludge Bomb.
Kingdra lost 37% of its health.
Opponent's Bassoon fainted.
(3-6)

Nothing to comment on here except i'm half-way done with my sweep. I'm becoming worried about the machamp and missing 6th poke, because they could end my sweep.
---
Machamp lost 74% of its health.
Machamp used Dynamicpunch.
Sunkern lost 55% of its health.
Sunkern became confused!

I seriously thought that I had lost it right at this moment. confused with 40% health was not the place I wanted to be. I have to go for the kill and hope for the best!
---
Bach switched in Jirachi.
Sunkern is confused!
It's not very effective...
Jirachi lost 25% of its health.

WTF??? Jirachi? This makes no sense! At least I'm not confused. I'm in position to sweep if i don't hit myself, but to be safe i'll synthesis. I still don't know his 6th.
---
Sunkern snapped out of confusion!
Sunkern used Synthesis.
Sunkern restored 50% of its health.

Yes! no confusion and the kill on jirachi and machamp coming up. That and me being at a solid 90% health. I was already downloading warmachine at this point.
---
Machamp lost 38% of its health.
Opponent's Machamp fainted.
(2-6)

Only two more left! I'm so glad! Sunkern is sweeping for the first time. After 3 losses with this team, it finally works!
---
Jirachi lost 19% of its health.
Opponent's Jirachi fainted.
(1-6)

And one more to go!
---
Opponent switched in Suicune.
Suicune is exerting its pressure!
It's super effective!
Suicune lost 100% of its health.
Opponent Suicune fainted.
(0-6)
Sunkern wins!
Sunkern: gg
Opponent: gg

It's over! The crowd goes wild! It was a fun game, and was close at some parts. Thank goodness his 6th was a cune, I could have been swept by a SD BP scizor.

This log was formatted using Warmachine Version 1.0 (can't delete this, it's too important)

Props:
-My opponent for staying the entire match
-Sunkern, obviously
-Having another special attack booster on my team

Slops:
-My opponent's use of Deoxys-e
-Machamp, for not getting any confusion hax (he deserved them)
-Glen, for locking my earlier thread

So that's my first warstory AND 100th post! Enjoy.

Not a good warstory. it was rather boring, no cliffhanger moments, no prediction, opponent failed at stopping BP chain...

but a sweep with sunkern...

Nobody likes to see 6-0's. Plus there seemed to be very little prediction. You got incredibly lucky that his Deoxys-E did not carry taunt.

Also if you are going to make a "BP WIN" warstory at least pass to an interesting Pokemon. Sunkern is pretty boring.

Sunkern with Energy Ball killing Suicune in 1 hit? What kind of failure Suicune does he have?

And why don't you use at least Sunflora?

Ummm that was the defintion of boring. Not interesting, we knew you swept by the title and if your opponent is bad enough to let you get all those stat-ups...well it doesn't say much for him or her at all.

i think he missed the part in his thread where he said he wanted a good warstory.

cuz this basically was given away from the title, prediction was really bad on both sides, and the opponent was not what most would consider experienced.

EDIT: heh, i just noticed this
Slops:
-My opponent's use of Deoxys-e
-Machamp, for not getting any confusion hax (he deserved them)
-Glen, for locking my earlier thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)