Gen. Empoleon vs. GuyLarocheV2: Uber Warstory

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Long after my "upset" with the OU metagame I've been trying out UU and Ubers quite a bit. To my surprise they were very very VERY fun. After achieving leaderboard status in Ubers I was dying to start writing an uber warstory. So, it began with me laddering and battling a man named GuyLarocheV2. We have battled once or twice before, so we both know each others team to a certain extent.
Gen. Empoleon:

GuyLaroche:

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause
The battle will be in bold
Health, in percentages, will be underlined
The score will be presented in red
My comments will be presented in purple
Leftovers will be omitted: Darkrai, Tyranitar, Jirachi and Giratina
Sand Storm will be omitted
If two of the same pokemon are out, mine will have a * by it's name.

So with out further adu, let the battle begin.

Gen. Empoleon sent out Deoxys-f.
GuyLarocheV2 sent out Deoxys-e.
Deoxys-e is exerting its pressure!
Deoxys-f is exerting its pressure!

Well, from previous battles before hand it seems that his main goal is to get the Rocks down then too finish him off. In every past game I haven't been able too get rocks down because I mostly focused on kill his lead. This time I'm going to try to get mine down THEN kill him

Deoxys-e used Taunt.
Deoxys-f fell for the taunt!
Deoxys-f used Stealth Rock.
Deoxys-f can't use Stealth Rock after the taunt!
---
Deoxys-f:100%+Taunt Deoxys-e:100%
ok, that never happened in the previous games. So he's getting his rocks down no matter what, but my deoxys is getting that kill no matter what. It's early game and most of my team doesn't mind Stealth Rocks (barring Rayquaza) I think it'd be best if I get an early kill instead of switching.

Deoxys-e used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!
Deoxys-f used Shadow Ball.
It's super effective!
Deoxys-e lost 77% of its health.
---
Deoxys-f:100%+Taunt Deoxys-e:23%
And Deoxys leaves its mark, though maybe I should have invested more EV's into SpAtk but it's most likely carring sash because of the power of the Ubers. I know what's going to happen next, I'm going too use Extremespeed and he will as well.

Deoxys-e used Extremespeed.
Deoxys-f lost 100% of its health.
Deoxys-f hung on using its Focus Sash!
Deoxys-f used Extremespeed.
Deoxys-e lost 23% of its health.
GuyLarocheV2's Deoxys-e fainted.
---
Deoxys-f:1%+Taunt Deoxys-e: TOO FAST!
6-5 Empoleon
The early kill starts but I'm at 1% taunted and cannot switch out due to stealth rocks already being down. Deoxys has not been doing that well this game and if his Rayquaza comes into Dragon Dance I can pretty much kiss this game good bye.

GuyLarocheV2 switched in Palkia.
Palkia is exerting its pressure!
Deoxys-f used Extremespeed.
Palkia lost 37% of its health.
Palkia used Surf.
Deoxys-f lost 0% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Deoxys-f fainted.
---
Deoxys-f:Got swept away in the tide Palkia:63%
5-5 Tie
There was nothing I could do due to postpone Deoxys's fate, though I wish he was more useful and could've gotten rocks down. Since most (wait all) palkia's are scarved and surf NOT being boosted by rain as it hasn't happened yet, I can switch Jirachi in to paralyze it with Body Slam. Removing it as a threat for the entire game. Previous games he wasn't carrying any Ghost types, so I feel safe with Body Slam.

Gen. Empoleon switched in Jirachi.
Pointed stones dug into Jirachi.
Jirachi lost 6% of its health.

GuyLarocheV2 switched in Groudon.
Groudon's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
The sun began to shine!
Jirachi used Body Slam.
Groudonlost 13% of its health.
Groudonis paralysed! It may be unable to move!
The sun continues to shine.
---
Jirachi:100% Groudon:87%+Paralized
Well I didn't get to cripple Palkia, but I did get to cripple Groudon. Though you guys might be saying "he should've U-turned" well Rock Polish Groudon 6-0's my team with Stealth Rock support and there's nothing I can do about it. I don't know what his next plan of action is so I'm going to U-Turn out. If he stays in, I'm going to Giratina. If not well then I'm going to the best "counter" I can.

GuyLarocheV2 switched in Kyogre.
Kyogre's Drizzle caused a storm!
The sun faded.
Rain began to fall!
Jirachi used U-turn.
Kyogre lost 15% of its health.

Here it is, Kyogre. From previous games I have deduced that he is running the same Specs-Ogre set that I am. Though it is without a doubt the best wall breaker in the entire game (2HKOing minimum) it is extremely slow. Which gives me a few options to say the least.
Gen. Empoleon switched in Darkrai.
Pointed stones dug into Darkrai.
Darkrai lost 12% of its health.
The rain continues to fall.
---
Jirachi:100% Kyogre:85%
Darkrai:94%
The best option given is Darkrai. He's fast and hard hitting once he gets up a Nasty Plot, which for him isn't that difficult. Here in the game is a laps in my thought process:
1) Sleep
2) Set up
3) Profit!
I have completly forgotten I have paralized Groudon and that he can come in freely on my Dark Void.

GuyLarocheV2 switched in Groudon.
Groudon's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
The rain stopped.
The sun began to shine!
Darkrai used Dark Void.
Darkrai's attack missed!
---
Darkrai:100% Groudon:87%+Paralized
Here we go. He now has me on the deffensive with a paralized pokemon. Nothing can really switch in without losing a chunk of health. Though he might use Dragon Claw on me I see no reason why he wouldn't use the ever stronger STAB Earthquake. My Bulky-Dark can survive one Dragon Claw where earthquake will OHKO. I decide to suck it up and switch to my EQ immunity.

Gen. Empoleon switched in Rayquaza.
Pointed stones dug into Rayquaza.
Rayquaza lost 25% of its health.
Groudon is paralysed! It can't move!
---
Rayquaza:75% Groudon:87%+Paralized
Well now I'll never know if my prediction was right, and this is probably the part of the match that bugs me the most. Who knows how it would've turned if I predicted wrong.
I have switched in Rayquaza for the soul purpose of dealing damage too only one pokemon then it dying. It wasn't going to get much action thanks to Stealth Rock and Groudon is a scary pokemon too me. I click Outrage and hope that it either deals enough damage too Groudon too put it in OHKO range for Darkrai or kill it. Then setting it up for a revenge kill thanks to Palkia

Rayquaza used Outrage.
Rayquaza went on a rampage!
Groudon lost 67% of its health.
Rayquaza lost 10% of its health.
Groudon used Dragon Claw.
It's super effective!
Rayquaza lost 65% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Rayquaza fainted.
Groudon lost 10% of its health.
---
Rayquaza: Was convicted of assault Groudon:10%+Paralyzed
4-5 Guy
Rayquaza did the sole job of getting Groudon into OHKO range. I switch in Darkrai ready to get the kill then(hopefully) get a Dark Void in.

Darkrai used Dark Pulse.
Groudon lost 10% of its health.
GuyLarocheV2's Groudon fainted.
Darkrai's leftovers restored its health a little!
Darkrai restored 6% of its health.
Darkrai:94% Groudon:Was sucked into the darkness
4-4 Tie
So far so good. Though Darkrai can easily be revenged killed by Palkia in the rain. Which I assume would be his next move as it's the only thing faster than my Darkrai.

Well that's applying Game Theory to pokemon for you. (Those who didn't read that topic I highly suggest you do). Now I have a conumdrum, Jirachi can take a Spacial Rend and shrug it off, but it cannot take two surfs. Giratina can take the surfs but not the Spacial Rend. Kyogre can take the surf, but if he chooses to thunder then well. I figure that Jirachi has the best bet of surviving and make my choice

Palkia used Draco Meteor.
It's not very effective...
Jirachi lost 25% of its health.
Palkia's special attack was harshly lowered.
Jirachi:75% Palkia:63%-2SpAtk

He's running Draco meteor Palkia? That's kind of odd. I didn't get to see much of the Palkia last game. Only move I saw was Surf. Which no makes me question if he's running Thunder. If not the Kyogre could have a fun day if I can get the paralize.

The sun faded.
Rain began to fall!
Jirachi used Wish.
Jirachi made a wish!
Jirachi:81%+Wish Kyogre:68%
Here's me being smart again (yeah, no). Kyogre comes in with his spout aimed right at my Star Warrior. Like I said, he's running Specs and everything in the game is a minimum 2HKO. I need death fodder. Jirachi still makes its firm place as my Palkia counter and Darkrai is my main hope of a sweep once Palkia is out of the picture. Kyogre is too valuable to pass up as well. I need more time to think, so to test out what move it's going to use I protect and get my wish.

Jirachi used Protect.
Jirachi protected itself!
Kyogre used Water Spout.
Jirachi protected itself!
The wish came true!
Jirachi restored 19% of its health.
---
Jirachi:100% Kyogre:85%
Now it's all up too which pokemon I deem the most useless. Though I hate to say it, Giratina doesn't do much against his heavly Special Attack team. So rest easy my giant ghost dragon thing.

Gen. Empoleon switched in Giratina.
Giratina is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Giratina.
Giratina lost 12% of its health.
Kyogre used Water Spout.
Giratina lost 52% of its health.
---
Giratina:48% Kyogre:85%
Wow, without Rocks it would've been a 3HKO and I maybe could have stalled him out of Water Spouts with Rest. Well since he's pretty much useless already...

Kyogre used Water Spout.
Giratina lost 42% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Giratina fainted.
---
Giratinai: Drowned Kyogre:85%
3-4 Guy
He's gone and now I have MORE decisions (some of which are difficult). I could switch in my own Kyogre but I know he has a Tyranitar on this team, making Thunder useless. Though I COULD water spout, Palkia can absorb it or the opposing Kyogre could win the speed tie making my Water Spout worthless.

Darkrai can sleep anyone of his pokemon then switch out or stay in depending on what it seems like. Sleep is a big deal for a team that lacks an absorber, so he's coming up.

GuyLarocheV2 switched in Tyranitar.
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
The rain stopped.
A sandstorm brewed!
Darkrai used Dark Void.
Tyranitar fell asleep!
Tyranitar lost 12% of its health.
---
Darkrai: 82% Tyranitar:94%+asleep
Tyranitar comes in too take the Sleep and possibly an attack. Palkia is getting pretty low on health and cannot take much of any attack with out putting it in Kill-Zone for next switch in. So I pick my attack and watch as a moster falls.

GuyLarocheV2 switched in Rayquaza.
Darkrai used Focus Blast.
Rayquaza lost 22% of its health.
---
Darkrai:88% Rayquaza:78%
Or I could watch as a giant dragon comes in and laugh at my attempts to try to harm it. Like Palkia in the previous matches I didnt get to see much of any move besides Extreme Speed. I switch to my beloved steel to take the very flimsy hit.

Rayquaza used Dragon Dance.
Rayquaza's attack was raised.
Rayquaza's speed was raised.
---
Jirachi:100% Rayquaza:78%+1Atk+1Spe
Or he could dragon dance and try kill me with one Earthquake. Though my Jirachi has survuved a +1 Earth Quake from a Rayquaza before it was because it was a bulky variant. I hope that Jirachi can live through this or it's a Good Game

Rayquaza used Overheat.
It's super effective!
Jirachi lost 77% of its health.
Rayquaza's special attack was harshly lowered.
Jirachi used Body Slam.
Rayquaza lost 18% of its health.
Rayquaza is paralysed! It may be unable to move!
---
Jirachi:29% Rayquaza:50%+Paralyzed+1Atk+1Spe-2SpAtk
Mix-Quaza? In all my days I've never even seen such a thing. It's completly viable though I guess. Lucky I put Max Ev's in HP and SpDef with a calm nature. Not only did I succeed in living, I paralyzed him thanks to Serene Grace's help.

Rayquaza used Extremespeed.
Jirachi lost 24% of its health.
Jirachi used U-turn.
Rayquaza lost 8% of its health.

I pick U-Turn because Jirachi now has not really anything she can do for me. I was striving that he's try earthquake or something like that but with a 5% Jirachi it's just death fodder now. I switch in my Bulky-Dark which can survive two +1 Extreme Speeds from Rayquaza and live to tell the tale.

Jirachi:5% Rayquaza:32%
Darkrai:82%
Here he is, Rayquaza is in Dark Pulse death zone so I pick that as no pokemon (besides the sleep tyranitar) can take the hit and be ok with it.

Rayquaza is paralysed! It can't move!
Darkrai used Dark Pulse.
Rayquaza lost 32% of its health.
GuyLarocheV2's Rayquaza fainted.
---
Darkrai:88% Rayquaza:Sucked into the darkness
3-3 Tie
The second part of the match I absolutly hated. I should've take about 45% from that attack, but it was paralyzed instead. Guess who's coming back in to revenge kill me too!

Palkia... Again. My Palkia counter is dead on the switch in, I click Jiraci and watch as my gallent Star Warrior falls to the ground thanks to pointed rocks.

Jirachi lost 5% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Jirachi fainted.
Palkia used Spacial Rend.
But there was no target!
---
Jirachi:Died to several puncture wounds Palkia:57%
2-3 Guy
Spacial Rend, Kyogre can take one of those and dish out some huge damage thanks too thunder.

Gen. Empoleon switched in Kyogre.
The sandstorm stopped.
Rain began to fall!
Pointed stones dug into Kyogre.
Kyogre lost 12% of its health.

Though I stop and think for a minute. Planning my idea. Once Kyogre is in, he'll switch to Tyranitar to take the thunder. If I switch too, Darkrai and out predict him then I can kill Tyranitar. Then Darkrai facing down Palkia and dying can get a free Kyogre Switch, letting him take the next hit and Thunder both his Kyogre and Palkia. Shall we play this risky game?

GuyLarocheV2 switched in Tyranitar.
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
The rain stopped.
A sandstorm brewed!
---
Darkrai:76% Tyranitar:88%+asleep
Kyogre:88%
It was shock me trying to outpredict someone actually worked. Usually I don't do so well. He's to afraid to switch anything into Darkrai, so I use Focus Blast to kill the giant snake lizzard thing.

It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 66% of its health.
Tyranitar is fast asleep!
---
Darkrai:76% Tyranitar:16%+asleep
I run a very weak attack wise dark to those who wonder why it did so little. He's dead next turn. Then Palkia comes in, THEN Kyogre can get it's victory on it.

Darkrai's attack missed!
---
Darkrai:76% Tyranitar:9%
Shit, lucky Tyranitar didn't wake up. I started getting really worried about Focus Blast missing again and Tyranitar waking up, so I used Dark Pulse since it was so low in health.

Darkrai used Dark Pulse.
Tyranitar lost 8% of its health.
Tyranitar lost 1% of its health.
GuyLarocheV2's Tyranitar fainted.
---
Darkrai:76% Tyranitar:Had a night terror which put him in cardiac arrest
2-2 Tie
In the end Bad Dreams killed Tyranitar. I know the next switch in, he knows the next switch in. I don't know if he has some master plan formulated to beat me, which is worrying me.

Here he is, the pokemon that caused me more trouble than it should have this game. Palkia in the hands of a skilled player is the most terrifying pokemon I have ever met. I salute you Darkrai, you served me well.

Palkia used Draco Meteor.
Darkrai lost 75% of its health.
Gen. Empoleon's Darkrai fainted.
Palkia's special attack was harshly lowered.
The sandstorm rages.
Palkia is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Palkia lost 6% of its health.
---
Darkrai:Was crushed due to the meteor Palkia:57%-2SpAtk
1-2 Guy

Here begins the final and most risky stage of my plan. I'm curious why he did Meteor, but no matter.

Gen. Empoleon switched in Kyogre.
The sandstorm stopped.
Rain began to fall!
Pointed stones dug into Kyogre.
Kyogre lost 12% of its health.

The -2SpAtk is beneficial to me actually. I switch in my looming beast and witness the final stages of the battle.

Kyogre* used Thunder.
It's super effective!
Kyogre lost 85% of its health.
GuyLarocheV2's Kyogre fainted.
---
Kyogre*:76% Kyogre: Frizzled fo shizzle dizzled
1-1 TIE
He switches in his kyogre to take the Thunder and then finish me off with Palkia. It was an extremly well played match on my opponents match, I'm glad he gave me a fantastic match.

Well played GuyLaroce.

Palkia used Thunder. (ctrl+a people)
It's super effective!
Kyogre lost 72% of its health.
Kyogre used Thunder.
Palkia lost 50% of its health.
GuyLarocheV2's Palkia fainted.
Gen. Empoleon wins!
Kyogre: 3% Palkia: Frizzled fo shizzle dizzle
Or
Kyogre: Frizzled fo shizzle dizzle Palkia:57%

There you have it, I won though after the match I decided to run some damage calcs, his Palkia did the bare minimum
damage to my Kyogre. So too quote another warstory, "it's like you can pick the winner".

Props:
Darkrai for taking down most of the opponents pokemon
Jirachi for taking a mixed Ray's overheat and then paralyzing it.
Giratina for being a meat puppet.
Kyogre for being an essential part of both teams
Slops:
Giratina... for being nothing besides a meat puppet
Stealth Rocks
Deoxys-e for being so fast

A really good read. Good playing on both parts, especially your out-prediction. Those are always triumphant moments when you pull them off, but I imagine that it's a harder accomplishment in the Uber environment.

This really gives me insite into the Ubers play style. (currently only OU)

Well I didn't get to cripple Palkia, but I did get to cripple Groudon. Though you guys might be saying "he should've U-turned" well Rock Polish Groudon 6-0's my team with Stealth Rock support
Not necessarily, it takes at least 4 Dragon Claws from RP Groudon to KO a properly EV'd Giratina WITHOUT Leftovers, from which you can just WoW him during one of those turns. Not to mention it takes at least 2 Earthquakes for RP Groudon to KO Kyogre.

1) Sleep
2) Set up
3) Profit!
Ur doing it wrong, it's
1. Sleep
2. Set up.
3. ???
4. PROFIT!

anyways, great match. Hope you write some more. I wish I could write warstories, but with my teams, my warstories just aren't very exciting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)