LR vs Nachos - The Great War

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you remember back, it was just a couple of weeks ago that I wrote my last warstory featuring my rain team. Since then I have decided that it is no longer viable in the metagame and have been using a much more 'standard' team, if you like. Although I usually find the battles with these run-of-the-mill OU teams quite boring and repetitive, this one certainly was not.

It was against Nubchos (Nachos), who most of you will have heard of. Certainly a much more accomplished battler than myself. Our battle was definitely one of the best encounters I have had in a long time.

In the past I have been criticised for not having enough prediction in the battles I choose to retell. In this one, I plan on elaborating more on my thought process while I am in an engaging battle, and I sincerely hope I don't disappoint!

Thanks for reading =)

My Team:

Nubchos' Team will be posted at the end of the battle.

-----
Nicknames will be omitted.
Leftovers will be omitted (I'll tell you now that everyone on his team has Leftovers, and that only Skymin has them on mine)
Weather will be mentioned when it starts.
Score will be presented after each KO (Legacy Raider - Nubchos)
Health (in percentages) will be mentioned after every turn.

Battle text will be in bold.
My commentary will be in blue.
-----

-----
Legacy Raider sent out Metagross.
Nubchos sent out Tyranitar.

Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
A sandstorm brewed!
vs

The opponent's lead usually gives away a lot about their strategy, allowing me to adapt my playstyle with that initial knowledge. If it is, say, an Infernape lead, I know that I am facing an offensive team and need to keep my Jolteon and Scizor alive to revenge kill threatening sweepers. If I am faced with a hungry hippo then I can rest assured that I am playing a stall match. But what does Nachos decide to give me? An ambiguous Tyranitar lead, which tells me nothing about what to expect.

My lead of choice is Metagross - a bulky Trick Scarf Metagross to be exact. Still, despite not knowing what I am playing against, Metagross vs Tyranitar is a very favourable match up for me. I outspeed it without a doubt, Meteor Mash is an easy 2HKO on even the bulkiest of Tyranitars, and Metagross can survive anything up to a CB Earthquake. This is all good for me so I am comfortable in choosing to open the game with a powerful Meteor Mash...

Metagross used Meteor Mash.
Metagross's attack missed!
Tyranitar used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Metagross lost 58% of its health.

Metagross
- 42%
Tyranitar - 100%
-----

...which consequentially misses. And that Earthquake didn't hurt just a little bit either. I am forced to switch Metagross out because Meteor Mash won't OHKO a full health Tyranitar, and his Earthquake will kill me. I'm still not too worried though, seeing as I have a fine selection of flying types to switch in on the predicted ground attack.

-----

-----
Legacy Raider switched in Gyarados.
Gyarados's intimidate cut Tyranitar's attack!

Tyranitar used Earthquake.
It doesn't affect Gyarados...
vs

Gyarados
- 94%
Tyranitar - 100% (-1 Atk)
-----

So Gyarados gets a free switch in and is ready to cause some havoc. Well actually, no it isn't. I don't like the prospect of Gyarados meeting its full health counter so early on in the game, so, despite not having seen any evidence of Tyanitar's item, I choose to count on it being CB locked into Earthquake and having to switch. Seems like a perfect time to bring Metagross back in and complete my start-of-the-game set up.

-----
Legacy Raider switched in Metagross.

Tyranitar used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around your foe's team!
vs

Metagross
- 42%
-----

Ohh crap. Seems not so CB after all. In three turns Nachos has managed to cripple one of my pokemon, scout another, and set up Stealth Rock, while I have done absolutely nothing to him in return. Now I am faced once again with the leadoff scenario, but this time I am pretty badly crippled. The good news is that his Tyranitar has been intimdated by Gyarados and so can no longer produce an Earthquake powerful enough to kill Metagross straightaway. This gives me 3 options which I can now do seeing as giving him a Scarf is out of the question.

I can Meteor Mash away to be done with his Tyranitar; set up Stealth Rock now for team support but be forced to switch; or I can just Explode here and now and be pretty much guaranteed to take a chunk out of one of his pokemon.

Nachos is not stupid, I know that for a fact. He probably realises too that Tyranitar will get 2HKOed by Meteor Mash before it kills Metagross, and so will switch out to something that can take it. Well, seeing as I am already way behind him in the battle already, I decide to just cut my losses and Explode straight away.

-----

-----
Nubchos switched in Skarmory.

Metagross used Explosion.
It's not very effective...
Skarmory lost 49% of its health.

Legacy Raider's Metagross fainted.

vs

Metagross
- 0%
Skarmory - 49%

5 - 6
-----

The first blood of the game, and it happens to be a suicide. Skarmory comes in to take the Explosion yet still takes a respectable amount of damage. My Metagross is down, yet Nachos has now revealed that he intends on playing a game of stall. I also have a free switch in now - the perfect opportunity to bring in one of my sweepers and start gaining some momentum.

-----

-----
Legacy Raider switched in Jolteon.
Pointed stones dug into Jolteon.
Jolteon lost 12% of its health.
vs

Jolteon comes in to force Skarmory out. Thunderbolt will fry his metal bird on the spot, but being Specsed I really really don't want to be locked into an Electric attack so early on (very bad idea =P). Well, where there's a Skarmory, most likely a pink globule of fat won't be too far behind. Also there is the all too real risk of Tyranitar coming in to absorb the Thunderbolt and shredding my 'ittle Jolteon with a Pursuit, so Baton Pass will easily be my best option here.

Nubchos switched in Tyranitar.

Jolteon used Baton Pass.

Gyarados's intimidate cut Tyranitar's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Gyarados.
Gyarados lost 25% of its health.
vs

Gyarados
- 63%
-----

Baton Pass did turn out to be the best option after all, allowing Jolteon to escape Tyranitar's clutches and giving me a switch in of choice. Gyarados and Tyranitar have faced each other once already this battle, and the last time I allowed Tyranitar to set up by holding back. There will be none of that this time. Knowing full well that Tyranitar will likely survive (seriously, that thing is a friggin beast defensively!) and Stone Edge Gyarados to oblivion, I once again take the risky route of just plain out attacking.

-----
Nubchos switched in Rotom-h.

Gyarados used Waterfall.
Rotom-h lost 49% of its health.
Gyarados lost 10% of its health.
vs

Gyarados
- 47%
Rotom-H - 51%
-----

Rotom-H takes a good chunk of damage as it switches in to a Life Orb Waterfall. Gyarados is now under half health through Stealth Rock + Life Orb + Sandstorm, without having taken a single hit! And Rotom-H has just over half of its health left, and I am not too sure whether or not Gyarados can finish the job with another waterfall. That is assuming, after all, that Gyarados outspeeds the higher speed tier ghost.

Obviously my best option here is to switch, and this is where the thought out synergy of my team really comes into play. I can expect to take a Thunderbolt, a Will-O-Wisp, or at worst a Reflect. Jolteon minds none of these and needs no more reason to come straight back in.

-----

Rotom-h used Discharge.
Jolteon's Volt Absorb absorbed damage!
Jolteon restored 25% of its health.
vs

Jolteon - 94%
Rotom-H - 51%
-----

And in it comes, healing off Stealth Rock damage along the way with Volt Absorb =). Personally I love the Jolteon/Gyarados combo, beats Gyaravire any day. Anyway, now time to make a decision. So far in this game I have been beating about the bush, thinking ahead and playing very riskily. I can fully expect that Nachos has picked up on the rashness of his opponent and might choose to leave Rotom in, expecting another preemptive Baton Pass. Likewise, he might assume that Jolteon has nothing to hurt Rotom with, which resists its STAB after all. Either way I come to the sketchy conclusion that I can risk a straightforward attack with a Shadow Ball.

-----
Jolteon used Shadow Ball.
It's super effective!
Rotom-h lost 51% of its health.

Nubchos's Rotom-h fainted.

vs

Jolteon - 88%
Rotom-H - 0%

5 - 5
-----

Yess! My first kill, and taking out Rotom didn't cost me anything at all! Like when fighting all stall teams, the biggest achievement is breaking the first link of the well wrought chain. With the rest of the links weakened one can now begin to chip away at them until they snap under the pressure.

Jolteon has done a great job, but sadly it is locked into Shadow Ball and is basically an invitation to Tyranitar saying 'Eat Me'. Fearing the dino coming back in, I wait...

-----
Nubchos switched in Machamp.

Gyarados's intimidate cut Machamp's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Gyarados.
Gyarados lost 25% of its health.
vs

Machamp used Dynamicpunch.
A critical hit!
Gyarados lost 22% of its health.

Legacy Raider's Gyarados fainted.

vs

Gyarados - 0%
Machamp - 100% (-1 Atk)

4 - 5
-----

Tyranitar is nowhere to be seen, but rather a Machamp takes its place. Jolteon can't do much to it at all with Shadow Ball, so I switch Gyarados back in as death fodder. It could only have gotten one more attack off anyway after Stealth Rock damage, and the Intimdate on Machamp will help my other pokes, so I don't see it as too big of a loss.

-----
Legacy Raider switched in Shaymin-S.
Pointed stones dug into Shaymin-S.
Shaymin-S lost 25% of its health.
vs

Nubchos switched in Blissey.

Shaymin-S used Air Slash.
Blissey lost 11% of its health.
vs

Shaymin-S - 75%
Blissey - 89%

-----

Machamp is a royal pain to face and I want to get rid of it ASAP. I bring in the infamous Skymin to brush it away with an Air Slash, but who comes in to greet my attack but Blissey. Although I had predicted Blissey's presence on Nacho's team, it doesn't make facing it any more fun. Fucking whore. =P

-----
Legacy Raider switched in Tyranitar.
Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar.
Tyranitar lost 12% of its health.

Blissey used Ice Beam.
Tyranitar lost 11% of its health.
vs

Tyranitar - 77%
Blissey - 89%

-----

CB Tyranitar can switch in easily on almost any of Blissey's moves, beast that it is. Now I have a dilemna - Pursuit or Stone Edge? Pursuit will absolutely wreck Blissey if it chooses to switch, paving the way for one of my special sweepers to do their job. If, however, it stays in, Tyranitar will be the one forced to run. In the end I choose to go with a Stone Edge. Since he is not using a Hippowdon for his sand, almost everything he switches in will take a large hit from that 604 Attack.

-----

Tyranitar used Stone Edge.
Machamp lost 45% of its health.
vs

Tyranitar - 77%
Machamp - 55%

-----

Ah, that thing again. Machamp takes less than half its health from the Stone Edge and still stands, grinning. I need to keep Tyranitar alive here - with Metagross and Gyarados gone it is one of my best hopes against that blob of special wallingness. But Machamp, seriously, what the hell are you meant to switch into this thing? Gyarados or Metagross would have been nice, but as things stand, Scizor is my best choice of switch in.

-----
Legacy Raider switched in Scizor.
Pointed stones dug into Scizor.
Scizor lost 12% of its health.

Scizor lost 57% of its health.
Scizor became confused!
vs

Scizor - 31% (confused)
Machamp - 55%

-----

...OUCH. That Dynamicpunch hurt a bitch. Scizor is pretty much scrap metal now. The best I can hope for is to do some good damage to Machamp with Bullet Punch - if I survive the confusion, that is.

-----
Scizor is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
Scizor lost 15% of its health.
Scizor lost 16% of its health.

Legacy Raider's Scizor fainted.

vs

Scizor - 0%
Machamp - 55%

3 - 5
-----

Apparently not then. My mascot falls to Machamp's fists, leaving me 3-5 down. This battle really is not going my way. His team is still really healthy and I strongly doubt my 3 battleworn remaining pokemon can do the the job...

Still, I fight on. Shaymin-S takes to the stage once more.

-----
vs

Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!

Nubchos switched in Skarmory.
vs

Tyranitar - 65%
Skarmory - 51%

-----

A double switch from my Skymin. I was predicting the Blissey coming back in, but Skarmory is just as good. My Tyranitar is specifically EVed to outspeed Skarmory so it can hit it neutral with Stone Edge before it can Roost. At only 51% health, his Skarmory is history =).

-----
Tyranitar's attack missed!
Skarmory used Roost.
Skarmory restored 49% of its health.

Tyranitar
- 65%
Skarmory - 100%

-----

Aaargh! That was big. If only that had hit, it would have made life soo much easier =(. Skarmory Roosts its way back up to full health as I glumly watch. I have no choice but to go for a successive Stone Edge, praying for that one crit...

-----
Skarmory lost 57% of its health.
Skarmory used Whirlwind.

vs

Shaymin-S - 24%
Skarmory - 43%

-----

Of course, I don't get the crit. Stone Edge still manages a decent amount though, but Skarmory still gets a Whirlwind off. Shaymin-S comes out for the final time, ripped to bits by Stealth Rock, but still with enough in him to go down fighting. Air Slash is the only hope now, but will Arceus grant me the 2 flinches I need to take the steel phoenix down?

-----
A critical hit!
Skarmory lost 35% of its health.
Skarmory flinched!

Shaymin-S - 24%
Skarmory - 7%

-----

Hahaha yess! Go go Arceus =). I get not only the necessary flinch but also a most welcome critical hit =). Finally, after haxily surviving for so long, Skarmory is no more - victory jig :toast:.

-----
Skarmory lost 7% of its health.

Nubchos's Skarmory fainted.

vs

Shaymin-S - 24%
Skarmory - 0%

3 - 4
-----

I stop celebrating before Skarmory has even hit the ground. Although that was a good kill for me, I cannot convince myself that I am in a favourable position yet. Quite the opposite in fact. Blissey and Machamp are perfect counters to my remaining squad, and he still has a full health Tyranitar and a mystery pokemon waiting in the wings. If Blissey comes in now, Skymin is doomed... and with it almost all my chances of victory.

-----
Nubchos switched in Tyranitar.

Shaymin-S used Seed Flare.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 78% of its health.
Tyranitar's special defence was harshly lowered.
Tyranitar used Crunch.
A critical hit!

Legacy Raider's Shaymin-S fainted.

vs

Shaymin-S - 0%
Tyranitar - 22% (-2 SpD)

2 - 4
-----

At least Skymin crippled Tyranitar as it went down. Tyranitar is easily in the KO range of Jolteon now, so I switch now to my electric fox in an attempt at a late game sweep.

-----
vs

Jolteon used Thunderbolt.
Tyranitar lost 22% of its health.
Nubchos's Tyranitar fainted.

vs

Jolteon - 76%
Tyranitar - 0%

2 - 3
-----

Nachos played it safe and let Tyranitar die. The score is starting to even out now, but I will be kidding myself if I think about winning right now. Jolteon isn't getting past Blissey any time soon, and Machamp will take out Tyranitar no sweat. The battle is coming to a close, with the next few turns being crucial to the outcome.

-----
Nubchos switched in Blissey.

Blissey lost 20% of its health.
Blissey used Toxic.
Jolteon was badly poisoned!

Jolteon was hurt by poison.
Jolteon lost 6% of its health.
vs

Jolteon - 64% (badly poisoned)
Blissey - 80%

-----

Blissey comes in, just as predicted. I decide to keep Jolteon in to Thunderbolt in the hope Nachos brings Machamp into the predicted Tyranitar switch. Blissey chooses to Toxic, which I am more than happy for Jolteon to take over Tyranitar. Now that I have seen his response to the TTar switch in, and I can be nearly assured that he won't Toxic again, I think it is time for the dino to come in and prove his worth.

-----

Blissey used Ice Beam.
Tyranitar lost 11% of its health.
vs

Tyranitar - 41%
Blissey - 80%

-----

Phew... he's in safely. Honest to god, if I had been frozen on the switch in, my laptop would be out my window before you knew it! Anyway, this next turn will be crucial. I have justified staying in with Jolteon - if Tyranitar had switched in immediately into the Toxic, Blissey could just sit there and Softboiled away as my health dropped. As things stand, I am now in a prime position to use Tyranitar's most powerful attack.

-----
Blissey, come back!
Tyranitar used Pursuit.
Blissey lost 80% of its health.

Nubchos's Blissey fainted.

vs

Tyranitar - 41%
Blissey - 0%

2 - 2
-----

Yes, that felt very, very good. Although I was denied Wifi's pleasure of watching Blissey's health bar slowly deplete, I still couldn't help but smile as his Blissey disappeared from view. Tyranitar is all but gone now too, thanks to that annoyance named Machamp. But truth be told, it is a small price to pay for opening up Nacho's team for a Jolteon sweep.

-----

Tyranitar used Pursuit.
Machamp lost 18% of its health.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 41% of its health.

Legacy Raider's Tyranitar fainted.

vs

Tyranitar - 0%
Machamp - 37%

1 - 2
-----

And Tyranitar collapses to the dirt. I am 1-2 down with a poisoned Choice Specs Jolteon. Machamp is too weak to put up a fight, but Nachos still has one pokemon I have not seen. After a moment's reflection, I click to send Jolteon out.

-----
Machamp lost 37% of its health.

Nubchos's Machamp fainted.

vs

Jolteon - 31%
Machamp - 0%

1 - 1
-----

Machamp had been a major pain for my team; it felt good to see him fall. There is but one mystery pokemon left between this battle and its outcome. I take a glance at the OU list, looking to see how approximately many pokemon can win the game for Nachos here. The number of guys not taken out by a Specs Thunderbolt is depressingly high.

But I can't change anything now. This is it... my last chance to bring this game around. I exhale, whisper something under my breath... and look up as Nachos sends out his last remaining pokemon.

-----
Nubchos switched in Tentacruel.
vs

Tentacruel... a quiet breath of relief leaves me. Although I am not certain that a Specs Thunderbolt will KO (Tentacruel is a SpD monster), it really does feel good to know that I won't go down helpless. The battle has been excellent and hotly contested so far - the ending will be just as close to the wire. I click to Thunderbolt...

It's super effective!

Tentacruel lost 94% of its health.

Tentacruel used Surf.

Jolteon lost 31% of its health.

Legacy Raider's Jolteon fainted.

vs

Jolteon
- 0%
Tentacruel - 5%

0 - 1

Tentacruel holds on to dear life by a thread, and with the last of its strength washes my chances of winning clear away.

Nubchos wins!

Pretty gutted, but despite not winning, the match itself was amazing fun =). You really could feel the tension in the air during the battle. It was a very close match, but in the end, I just couldn't make the final mile.
-------------------------

Legacy Raider: gg
Nubchos: gg

Positives

- Very well played battle on both sides. The prediction was hot and we were both playing our game well.
- Small amount of hax. Well, I won't lie that the hax was a non-issue, but thankfully it wasn't too bad. (although the Meteor Mash and the first Stone Edge really sucked! =P)
- Nacho's and my own team worked the way they were meant to. Synergies were effective and the entire teams played a part.
- Nachos himself, of course, for a great and enjoyable match!

Negatives

- nada -

And on a final note, Nacho's Team revealed in all its glory =)

Please leave any comments and criticisms. :toast:

Thanks again,

LR.

You deserve a hi-5 simply for calling him Nubchos =)

Great battle, nice commentary and they way you showed when a poke was dead was a nice touch.

I didn't like the big red X's because they gave away the outcome of several turns before I finished reading the commentary.

Other than that it's a great warstory, good job.

I'm sure I made some obvious mistakes in there somewhere. >.<

Yeah, GG and I hope for a rematch sometime.

Oh so you think your cool by exposing GyaraSpecsJolt??? J/k... nice battle man... Oh yeah, you should try RestTalk Gyarados with it... amazing combo!

Legacy Raider

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I didn't like the big red X's because they gave away the outcome of several turns before I finished reading the commentary.

Other than that it's a great warstory, good job.
Well, I put them there to make it obvious and clear to the reader when a pokemon fainted. I guess I made them too obvious lol. Some people have said they liked the crosses so I think I'll keep them in for now.

Oh so you think your cool by exposing GyaraSpecsJolt??? J/k... nice battle man... Oh yeah, you should try RestTalk Gyarados with it... amazing combo!
Haha yeah, I actually picked up on the idea of using Gyarados + Jolteon + Steel type from a post of yours, posted in the "Platinum Walling combinations" topic from a couple of weeks ago. I changed it around a bit to be more offensive, but essentially you did provide the framework =).

And everyone, thanks for the positive comments. They're really encouraging, thanks =).

LR.

I loved this warstory, read it through from start to finish. If only more people put so much effort into the commentary. Good job!

Though I must say, I don't consider self-inflicted hax to really be 'hax' at all, so just the confusion and Air Slash parts for me. Didn't ruin the warstory though.

Yup. Great battle, insightful commentary, great, simple formatting... it's all I love in a Warstory! Very nice job (it was pretty down to the wire at the end, there. Is is possible for Jolteon to OH Tentacruel with Thunderbolt? I don't really feel like looking...)!

Legacy Raider

I loved this warstory, read it through from start to finish. If only more people put so much effort into the commentary. Good job!

Though I must say, I don't consider self-inflicted hax to really be 'hax' at all, so just the confusion and Air Slash parts for me. Didn't ruin the warstory though.
Thanks =). Yeah the comments do take a while to write. But if you're gonna do something, you might as well do it the best you can. I don't see why someone would go to the effort of writing a warstory but only put in short, half-hearted comments.

I guess the misses serve me right for using Stone Edge and Meteor Mash on Tyranitar/ Metagross. Time to switch to Rock Slide and Iron Head =P.

Yup. Great battle, insightful commentary, great, simple formatting... it's all I love in a Warstory! Very nice job (it was pretty down to the wire at the end, there. Is is possible for Jolteon to OH Tentacruel with Thunderbolt? I don't really feel like looking...)!
Specs Jolteon Thunderbolt vs Max HP Calm Tentacruel - 88.0 - 104.4%

So yeah, it can OHKO, and is guaranteed with Stealth Rock. But most Tentacruel run SpD EVs in addition to max HP, so I am really surprised how I managed 94% (Thunderbolt vs standard 252/176 - max damage 90.7%)

You really messed up big time in the beginning of the battle. It was good that you were able to come back and nearly win it despite some of the game breaking haxes.

Good warstory.

I love the format of this. I'm not one to read WarStories fully so the picture details made it a easy read ;). Gotta love Tentacruel.

Very topical, it you'd have had the chance to set up Stealth Rock first turn in the turn that MM missed you would have won XD

Good Match, well written

well written, with good insightful comments. not sure why jolteon managed to get 2 kills with an opposing blissey alive throughout though 2__2

Good warstory with insightful comments. Switching Tyranitar into Shaymin is a bit wierd though, especially when full health Blissey is waiting in the wings.

Great warstory there, it was a pretty good read.

If you had only pursuited that Blissey the first time you got TTar in instead of using Stone Edge, Jolteon would have it really easy from there.
GG nonetheless.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
LR I love your warstories. The commentary, the choice of fonts, the big red crosses, the suspense you get when you read them...

But hey, shouldn't that be, if it was a standard wi-fi battle, a draw?
I mean, in real battles, after you kill all of the opponents pokemon, the 'sandstorm rages', right? If the sandstorm raged, tentacruel could've died, ending the game with a draw. Right?
Anyways, keep it up!

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A truly excellent warstory. The only real problems I saw were nachos switching T-tar instead of Blissey into Skymin near the end, and your lack of anything that can switch safely into a Machamp Dynamicpunch. A great match, and a well-told story.

LR I love your warstories. The commentary, the choice of fonts, the big red crosses, the suspense you get when you read them...

I mean, in real battles, after you kill all of the opponents pokemon, the 'sandstorm rages', right? If the sandstorm raged, tentacruel could've died, ending the game with a draw. Right?
Anyways, keep it up!
Yeah. I'm 90% sure it would have been.

Nice war story.

Legacy Raider

You really messed up big time in the beginning of the battle. It was good that you were able to come back and nearly win it despite some of the game breaking haxes.

Good warstory.
Very topical, it you'd have had the chance to set up Stealth Rock first turn in the turn that MM missed you would have won XD

Good Match, well written
Thanks. Yeah, the start was very badly played by me. I was just making assumptions based on most Ttar leads I face. If I had got Stealth Rock up at the start, it would have made the rest of the battle so much easier, i.e. Gyarados being able to kill Rotom with the second Waterfall and not having to switch; Tyranitar being able to kill Machamp with the second Stone Edge and not having to sacrifice Scizor; Jolteon OHKOing Tentacruel, etc.

Great warstory there, it was a pretty good read.

If you had only pursuited that Blissey the first time you got TTar in instead of using Stone Edge, Jolteon would have it really easy from there.
GG nonetheless.
I was really torn whether to Pursuit or not. I wasn't too sure if Nachos was gonna switch and play conservative, seeing as so far he had played both conservatively and recklessly. But yeah, if I managed to kill Blissey with that first Pursuit then Jolteon would have ripped through his team.

Anyways, keep it up!
Hmm, yeah I think it might have been. I know for a fact that Life Orb recoil is still taken after the last turn, but I'm not too sure about Sandstorm damage.

Anyway, thanks for the comments guys =).

LR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)