Shaymin-S Vote

Shaymin-S

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Vote. You may post your reasoning if you like. It is not required.

BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU VOTE. I'M NOT CHANGING ANY VOTES BECAUSE YOU CAN'T CLICK THE CORRECT DAMN BOX!

ALL VOTERS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THIS FORUM. IF YOU WERE OVERLOOKED, PM ME FAST BEFORE VOTING ENDS.

118 voters - 60 votes needed for a majority

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Voted OU.

There are enough checks around, that's for sure. Maybe people should actually learn to play a bit differently for Platinum instead of trying out what they did in DP!!!!

Whoa.

voted OU. like tangerine said, there are enough checks in the metagame for the subseed set, which is really imo the only problematic one.

Voted OU, Skymin's luck factor is overstated and from laddering with it it changed the outcome of the battle about once in 50 games and was underwhelming for me. It is neither centralising and clearly not overpowered in my opinion and experience and thus I don't think it is uber.

edit

You obviously haven't been screwed over by the hax it can cause..<_<
I have but I accept pokemon has a certain luck factor to it. Skymin is not unique in that sense.

Duskie

Boats n Hoes
Voted OU, Skymin's luck factor is overstated and from laddering with it it changed the outcome of the battle about once in 50 games and was underwhelming for me. It is neither centralising and clearly not overpowered in my opinion and experience and thus I don't think it is uber.
You obviously haven't been screwed over by the hax it can cause..<_<

Voted Uber. Subseed is hardly a problematic set. Specs and LO are what cause the most trouble and I think the amount of luck involved with using and playing against Shaymin-S is a bit ridiculous, especially when you are at the mercy of the RNG to determine wheter you can "counter/check" it or not.

voted OU, I havent ever found a need to really use it, I tested it out and found I didn't like relying on the luck. If I feel a want not to use it, theres no way I can vote it Uber.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Even though I hate this thing with a passion that outdoes my feelings towards all the previous suspects, I am voting OU.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Accidently voted OU when I wanted to vote Uber. I'm a nub sometimes...anyway please change it if possible.

Voted Uber. Subseed is hardly a problematic set. Specs and LO are what cause the most trouble and I think the amount of luck involved with using and playing against Shaymin-S is a bit ridiculous, especially when you are at the mercy of the RNG to determine wheter you can "counter/check" it or not.
same here

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I vote Skymin to be not uber (OU) - simply because it only has a choice of four moves. If it had 5, then maybe so; but with only four moves, there is bound to be one pokemon in a team which can effectively counter the given set. And if there isn't, it wouldn't require too much centralisation to form a counter triangle to enable a team to counter it. On top of that, it has no strategy while substituting that could proceed to break the opponent's team apart. I believe its hax potential is not high enough to achieve this also. And of course, it can be damaged by Stealth Rock - which is present in most teams.

lol, 10 bucks says that once this thing's officially OU, everybody will make Skymin-based teams. I honestly feel that the only reason it's usage stats were so low, is cause most of us didn't want to waste our time making a team that would turn obsolete (if voted uber). I am going to lol so hard at the metagame that will ensue if the voting trend stays the same as it is right now.

Voted Uber

Skymin does not come close to the level of sheer uncounterability seen in such previous metagame threats as Garchomp and Manaphy. Even a simple Skarmory, with its measly 176 Special Defense, can often force Skymin out. Additionally, its PP is very quickly drained by the likes of one of its major switch-ins, Zapdos. The Life Orb set is worn down in no time, especially in Sandstorm/Hail, more especially by Stealth Rock, and even further especially with Substitute.

The most fearsome form of Skymin, in my opinion, is the SubSeeder, but it isn't necessarily any better at this job than Sceptile; its 100 base HP versus Sceptile's 70 actually works against it with Leech Seed recovery being unable to restore enough HP to offset 85-101 HP Substitutes. And, like Sceptile, the SubSeeder tends to be easily walled with only two attacks.

While Skymin can be annoying, that's not enough to force it to Uber. I voted OU because of its relative ease to counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)