Shaymin-S Vote

Shaymin-S

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, 10 bucks says that once this thing's officially OU, everybody will make Skymin-based teams. I honestly feel that the only reason it's usage stats were so low, is cause most of us didn't want to waste our time making a team that would turn obsolete (if voted uber). I am going to lol so hard at the metagame that will ensue if the voting trend stays the same as it is right now.

Voted Uber
Actually that is exactly what I was thinking. =/

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I can't decide. That's reason enough to vote OU for me, since it hasn't presented itself as clearly uber.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Okay, so I really was going to vote OU, but after seeing Skymin take out my 6 cm rachi more then once with pure luck, I decided Uber. I also wanted to vote the opposite of TAY.:pimp:

Voted Uber,for obvious reasons. SubSeed is a real threat taking into account it's 80% SpDrop and 60% Flinch rate, where I've been flinched by it 12 times in a row, Fun right? And we don't want a metagame full of this.

lol, 10 bucks says that once this thing's officially OU, everybody will make Skymin-based teams. I honestly feel that the only reason it's usage stats were so low, is cause most of us didn't want to waste our time making a team that would turn obsolete (if voted uber). I am going to lol so hard at the metagame that will ensue if the voting trend stays the same as it is right now.

Voted Uber

This, I know its why I didn't use it, though I know many people actually used it on the last day to get their rating up so they could ban it:naughty:

Skymin does not come close to the level of sheer uncounterability seen in such previous metagame threats as Garchomp and Manaphy. Even a simple Skarmory, with its measly 176 Special Defense, can often force Skymin out. Additionally, its PP is very quickly drained by the likes of one of its major switch-ins, Zapdos. The Life Orb set is worn down in no time, especially in Sandstorm/Hail, and even more especially with Substitute.

The most fearsome form of Skymin, in my opinion, is the SubSeeder, but it isn't necessarily any better at this job than Sceptile; its 100 base HP versus Sceptile's 70 actually works against it with Leech Seed recovery being unable to restore enough HP to offset 85-101 HP Substitutes. And, like Sceptile, the SubSeeder tends to be easily walled with only two attacks.

While Skymin can be annoying, that's not enough to force it to Uber. I voted OU because of its relative ease to counter.

lmao, I can't believe you just claimed that Sceptile is even on par w/ Skymin in terms of sub-seeding. Skymin has a STAB 60% flinch SE move on any pokemon who resist Leech Seed. Can Sceptile claim that? That's far superior to recovering slightly less each seeded turn. I also can't tell you how many times I've had Skymin at under 25%, about to kill it, just to have it flinch me, and recover 15% or so.

voted uber.
SubSeed with 60% of flinch rate with that speed is too much, and because of that you WILL get haxed to death (as it is what always happens, with me at least)

I don't feel like turning this into a massive discussion thread but I don't agree with some of the reasoning here.

Voted Uber
This didn't affect Deoxys-E having its most use whilst it was a suspect and obviously was going to be banned. And it didn't stop Garchomp being number 1. The Skymin voting period was a month so its hardly short notice anyway.

Okay, so I really was going to vote OU, but after seeing Skymin take out my 6 cm rachi more then once with pure luck, I decided Uber. I also wanted to vote the opposite of TAY.:pimp:
How did Skymin take out a 6 CM Jirachi unless it got a critical hit? It won't win with Air Slash flinches recovering less than Leftovers so and if you are saying Skymin is uber based on it getting a CH then that you are really not using common sense.

OU, in theory it really seems to be Uber, but actually I never had problems with it (okay, once when I had Breloom and Swampert left xD).

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Common sense?

Skymin uses Air slash JIRACHI FLINCHES! Losses 9%

Did I explain it clearly enough for you?

They both also had sub and leech seed which didn't help my cause.

do you know what the odds of that are?

There is a 0.12 (2s.f.) (0.57^12) chance of that happening, now that is extreme luck to be basing a vote on, considering especially, why weren't you carrying leftovers or your 'rachi?

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
I edited it above. Also, id debate you guys and write my story on why I believe it should be uber, but quite frankly....my opinion is my own it is not yours. So please don't quote my posts and shit trying to debate when this is a voting thread.

KthnxBye.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
do you know what the odds of that are?

There is a 0.12 (2s.f.) (0.57^12) chance of that happening, now that is extreme luck to be basing a vote on, considering especially, why weren't you carrying leftovers or your 'rachi?

You mean 0.0012?

Voted OU.

Obviously it's still early, but I'm absolutely shocked that Uber has the lead right now. I thought that pretty much everyone(not everyone but a lot) agreed he was underwhelming. In my experiences at least, he's a joke. Words can't describe how little trouble he has caused me. I suppose more people are thrown off by his 'luck' factor than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)