Shaymin-S Vote

Shaymin-S

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure we can all agree that Battulz is an idiot for mis-voting. However, that shouldn't even be the issue here, because a poll is supposed to gauge the public's opinion on something, not their ability to click correctly.

Voted OU.​

Legacy Rider said most of what I wanted to say.

My additional two cents (with 20% interest): Form what I can see, it takes about a Seed Flare + an Air Slash to take out an opposing pokemon that isn't resistant or weak to any of its attacks (assuming a life orb and a modest nature). The odds of taking out that one pokemon, barring a critical hit, are about 80.75%.

Let's assume this one pokemon switches into the initial Seed Flare. Skymin could go the Seed Flare + Seed Flare route, but then the odds of KOing that one pokemon (and this is under the assumption that all the opposing pokemon on the other team will be taking about the same damage) becomes 72.25%.

That's one down, here comes the next one. The quickest way to take care of it is the same Seed Flare + Air Slash, 80.75% x 80.75% = 65.21%. However, it's likely they would have some attack to use against Skymin that would take at least 50% of its total HP away (I'm being generous here) so Skymin would want to use Air Slash first for the possible flinch then Seed Flare.

The odds of getting this flinch coupled with getting the previous attacks in have dropped to 46.03%, throw in the Seed Flare to get the finishing blow and you're down to 39.12%. So when trying to get a KO with Skymin, you'll get at least 1 about 65.21% of the time, assuming all of these favorable conditions for it, per match. Suppose you're looking to get at least two KO's per match, at best your odds are that it'll accomplish this 39.12% of the time.

If we leave Skymin's safe haven of Seed Flare + Air Slash + Air Slash(flinch) + Seed Flare = 2 opposing pokemon KO'd, and throw in one more Air Slash(flinch), the odds of pulling off two KO's becomes 22.30%. These two scenarios can hardly be called guaranteed if you're looking to get two KO's per battle with it.

Yes, it could switch out to come back in again on something it threatens with a OHKO but then It doesn't change much from how a Mixmence is played with Draco Meteor, only now he doesn't get the flinch rate but can make use of Roost. One could also point out that Hidden Power and Earth Power are also options here, but they'll leave you open in the cases when they aren't gauranteed the KO.

This is all leaving out the added Life Orb damage and possible presence of Stealth Rock, priority moves, Choice Scarf users, and pokemon resisting its attacks which would also drop its chances of getting that rate of 2 KOs per battle all on its own.

I could go into a another scenario with the Leech Seed set, but that opens new doors to the pokemon who coulldn't take an Earth Power or Hidden Power and can heal off the damage. (Yes, I didn't factor in super effective hits in this, but people won't likely send in something slower that's weak to its usual moves).
Well, I've probably typed more than most people would read from a guy with 9 posts.

The tl;dr version: if you're looking to get 2 or more KO's per match with Skymin on its own, it'll likely happen less than 50% of the time, and that's not Uber worthy in my eyes.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I don't know about you, but when my computer starts to freeze up, I just click the screen a few times to see how responsive it is. So, his computer lagged and he clicked a few times, when his computer unlagged, it sent in his wrong vote. Not ideal but perfectly understandable. Why punish the community for this? And sorry, but that is not nearly enough reason to justify calling someone an idiot.

Also, if can click several times to perform your moves on shoddybattle, and click well enough to make the rating threshold...you should be able to click on the right fuckin box.
There is no excuse for a miss vote... at all.

yes you can click the wrong thing but in order to vote you have to click twice, not once (OU/uber > Vote)
You do realize that when you misclick on Shoddy, you click twice, right? You select the move/Pokemon and then submit it.

Mistakes are always going to be made but that doesn't mean that you don't fix them.

I don't know about you, but when my computer starts to freeze up, I just click the screen a few times to see how responsive it is. So, his computer lagged and he clicked a few times, when his computer unlagged, it sent in his wrong vote. Not ideal but perfectly understandable. Why punish the community for this? And sorry, but that is not nearly enough reason to justify calling someone an idiot.
Don't worry, we've been teasing Battlulz all day today. He knows we still <3 him =P

You do realize that when you misclick on Shoddy, you click twice, right? You select the move/Pokemon and then submit it.

Mistakes are always going to be made but that doesn't mean that you don't fix them.
The only times I did the wrong move on shoddy was when I thought it was the best thing to do at the time, but sometimes cancel the move after probable outcomes plays in my mind.

So in the end it was always my intent to submit the move I did, weather I regret it afterwards or not.

Try and think if this isn't the case your thinking about in your experience picking the wrong move.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
It was really hard for me to make a decision on this but in the end I voted Uber. Gee this is a close vote. I don't think I'll post my reasons but I suspect that some of the people that voted Uber did so just because its so hax related. You can say that if it doesn't get the hax its not that good, but I swear it gets that Seed Flare drop everytime against me.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Voted OU.

EeveeTrainer siad basically everything I wanted to say anyway, but when compared to other votes we've done, Skymin is a small fry. It isn't un-counterable. It gets eaten by Stealth Rock. It is fragile. It is good, undoubtably, but it isn't Garchomp, or Deoxys-e.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know that no one really has to give any reason at all for their vote, but I really wish people would stop saying "for obvious reasons". If Skymin was "obviously" Uber or OU, the vote wouldn't be this close. Rayquaza is "obviously" Uber. Gyarados is "obviously" OU. Shaymin-S is not "obviously" anything.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
I know that no one really has to give any reason at all for their vote, but I really wish people would stop saying "for obvious reasons". If Skymin was "obviously" Uber or OU, the vote wouldn't be this close. Rayquaza is "obviously" Uber. Gyarados is "obviously" OU. Shaymin-S is not "obviously" anything.
Okay, well if you are gonna say this, then I would like to request for people to stop saying stealth rock as a reasoning. Rayquaza and Ho-Oh have a big weakness to stealth rock. Stealth Rock is counterable.

Okay, well if you are gonna say this, then I would like to request for people to stop saying stealth rock as a reasoning. Rayquaza and Ho-Oh have a big weakness to stealth rock. Stealth Rock is counterable.
Except no one in this thread has used stealth rock as their only reason for keeping Shaymin-S OU. If anything, there appear to be better reasons (from the people who choice to give them) for keeping this OU as opposed to Uber.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
That has got absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Uber supporters are ignorantly saying "It's obviously uber." In this instance, I'd find it more acceptable to say "It's obviously OU." Because it's been made quite "obvious" on many occasions that there is not enough evidence to suggest it is broken.

I also don't quite understand why you find this some kind of battle between other members. Isn't this vote supposed to be based on whether it should be uber or not? Not whether you can get one up on somebody and/or be too lazy to adapt your team to counter a common threat.

I personally think this voting should be moral and detached but maybe that's just me. I mean I even have a team that could benefit as a result of Skymin being banned but I'm not gonna want it banned just because it is a slight annoyance.

Edit: I accidentally had a George Bush moment and wrote "undetached."

That has got absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Uber supporters are ignorantly saying "It's obviously uber." In this instance, I'd find it more acceptable to say "It's obviously OU." Because it's been made quite "obvious" on many occasions that there is not enough evidence to suggest it is broken.
If it were obvious either way then the poll would not be this close....

Why would you get upset with people saying "for the obvious reasons?"

When they say that, they're not saying that Skymin is OBVIOUSLY Uber, they're simply saying that the reasons for their vote are the obvious ones that have been mentioned and debated already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)