Programming Pokemon Resource (for DP; made in Excel)

Yup, that's the order I had them in my notes, as well. (by "notes" I mean the raw file filled with scattered information before I organize it and present it as the Resource) Thanks for the reminder.

Hello,

This looks awesome. Is there a chance you'll put this online like metalkid's calculators or rig up a iPhone version for the app store?

I'd love to be able to use this on the go during trips.

I would need someone else's help on that. Coding isn't exactly my strong suit... but I'd love to be able to do that, eventually.

Anyway, I'm planning on giving the Damage Calculator a face-lift because I don't really like the way it looks now. There's too much clutter IMO. I only want to show the information relevant to the moves/abilities actually used.

I don't know how long it'll be before I can tinker with the interface, though...

I would need someone else's help on that. Coding isn't exactly my strong suit... but I'd love to be able to do that, eventually.

Anyway, I'm planning on giving the Damage Calculator a face-lift because I don't really like the way it looks now. There's too much clutter IMO. I only want to show the information relevant to the moves/abilities actually used.

I don't know how long it'll be before I can tinker with the interface, though...
Unfortunately I'm quite the novice at coding, so I can't help there.

I do know that to put an App on the App Store for the iPhone costs green. Should you decide at some future point to move it to the iPhone in one form or another, you should ask for donations here to defray that cost. I know I'd chip in.

I currently use Metalkid's and Serebii's calculators, inaccuraccies and all, because they're available when I travel online. I'd love to have something more accurate.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
CoftH, I'd like to give you my thanks for making this resource. It is incredible. A lot more accurate than online ones as well.

I was wondering, are you going to update it with stats for the new rotom forms, giratina-o and shaymin-s?

Thanks,

LR.

Right now, I'm trying to clean up the interface and add a few things. The damage calculator, in particular, is full of clutter and in need of the most work. Here's what I'll be looking to add:

-IV Calculator

I've been wanting to do this for a while, but it wasn't until a while back that I had been able to work out the IV formula the way I wanted it to.

-Mass Attack and Defense Damage Calculator

This is the one thing missing from every calculator that I have ever seen.

This will be an addition to the stat calculator that will allow for the same variables as the damage calculator, but it will calculate the damage dealt to and taken from various Pokemon, their spreads, and their attacks. I'd like to allow input for HUNDREDS of Pokemon to make it truly feel like a mass damage calculator.

I'm still trying to work out how I want to show the data, though.

I'd also like to put in a Hidden Power calculator when I can, but that's not as high a priority as the first two.

I'll be working on this over my Christmas break which starts on the 18th. I'm hoping to have something released by mid-January, but that's an optimistic forecast. Look forward to it!

Great work CardsoftheHeart! This is seriously going to help me thanks for the contributions,really a big help.

Edit: One question though, how do you enter evs and ivs into the stat calculator?

Not to nitpick, but would it be possible to get a quick update with all the new formes?

Also, I assume i don't need to ask, but would Gyro Ball use the speed formula in your final?

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
-Mass Attack and Defense Damage Calculator

This is the one thing missing from every calculator that I have ever seen.

This will be an addition to the stat calculator that will allow for the same variables as the damage calculator, but it will calculate the damage dealt to and taken from various Pokemon, their spreads, and their attacks. I'd like to allow input for HUNDREDS of Pokemon to make it truly feel like a mass damage calculator.
If you actually accomplish this (which I really hope you do)... I will be so excited to try this out. You don't know how long I've been waiting for something like this.

Good luck.

Not to nitpick, but would it be possible to get a quick update with all the new formes?

I was having trouble deciding whether to do this or not. I wanted to put it off for my next update, mainly because I have so many things to fix, but I'll get on it.

Also, I assume i don't need to ask, but would Gyro Ball use the speed formula in your final?

Yes it will.
I'll try to have something up later tonight that has Shaymin-S, the Rotom forms, Giratina-O, and the Platinum Orb.

EDIT! The Resource has been updated for Platinum! It's quite a bit overdue, but here it is. Shaymin-S, the Rotom forms, Giratina-O, and the Platinum Orb have been added for your pleasure. This was created a bit hastily, though, so if you find errors, please let me know.

Here's the link to Pokemon Resource version 1.2:

Pokemon Resource 1.2 (Excel 2007 version)

NOTICE! 10:54PM 12/6/08 If you downloaded the first version of this I uploaded at 10:37, that one had an error concerning Pokedex Numbers of the Rotom forms. Please download it again; the link has been replaced.

The file SHOULD be compatible with Excel 2003, but if that is a problem, here is the 2003 version:

Pokemon Resource 1.2 (Excel 2003 version)

NOTICE! 7:47AM 12/7/08 If you have a problem with invalid Pokemon data entry in the damage calculator, you have an outdated version. Please download it again; the link has been replaced.

Note to OpenOffice users: the files are probably NOT optimized for OpenOffice. Don't worry, though: the next major update is being created in OpenOffice 3.0, thus it should be a lot kinder to you. It might come with a slight loss of functionality, though. I don't hope so, but I thought it would be nice to give the heads-up.

(Sorry if this has been mentioned before or is kinda off topic), but in your description don't you mean Special Defense for Rock type Pokemon in Sandstorm?

Hi,

This is amazing. CoftH, am I allowed to use this file to make a new spreadsheet that will be more convenient for in-battle use? I'll post it here of course.

I don't care. Depending on what you want to use, you might be better off waiting until I fix some things with the damage calculator. (It's outdated, for starters.) I've been putting off working on it because I've overwhelmed myself trying to create it again from scratch. I'll have a lot more time to work on it in a couple of weeks, though; maybe then I can focus more on getting this done.

this thing is great, i just wish it was printer freindly

STILL AWSOME THOUGHT!

Rating:
:toast::toast::toast::toast::toast:
five slices of toast = AWSOME!

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Every time I try to use the Damage Calculator, the only choices I get from the drop-down menu for Defending Pokemon is error #508.

And I'm using the latest version, for Excell 2007. If it's just me don't worry about it, I just felt it needed to be brought to your attention.

I can't remember ever seeing that error, but I guess you're opening it in OpenOffice, aren't you? Opening an Excel spreadsheet file in OpenOffice will mess up some cell references. The Excel 2003 version MIGHT work better for you, but I think some references are messed up there, too.

I've been meaning to make a version that works best with OpenOffice; all it'd take would be to fix some references, but I'm just plain lazy and not motivated to work on it for reasons I outlined in my previous post. I'll be finishing my Master's degree in a few days; hopefully then I'll be more motivated to work on this...

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
yeah, I'm opening it through OpenOffice. Just making usre you knew it was there.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the refrences to be fixed, then.

Hey CardofHearts, i was just working on something like this, and honestly yours seems very very detailed. I do have a team weakness chart, like the one on marriland, for use with excel, if you want you can incorporate that

I really like this thing. I'm using it over and over for my own little projects. Now i'm working on a mass damage calculator. Keep up the good work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)