CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 6 - Build Bias Poll 1

Physical/Special Balance?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is our Pokémon:
Concept said:
Name: Decentralizer
Description: A Pokemon can check a majority of the current top 5 Pokemon.
Type: Water / Fight

For the record, the current top 10 on the CAP server are:
  1. Stratagem
  2. Revenankh
  3. Fidgit
  4. Tyranitar
  5. Zapdos
  6. Syclant
  7. Blissey
  8. Heatran
  9. Scizor
  10. Pyroak

With a -20 to 0 Style Bias.

This is where we determine the general build of the pokemon, from an physical and special standpoint. We also will set limits on the stat spreads that support that build. It should be noted that the Build Bias is not just for limiting stats, but also helps shape the general "feel" of the pokemon. The Build may influence other parts of the pokemon -- such as art, movepool, ability, etc. However, the stat spread is the only part of the project that will be specifically constrained by the voted Build Bias.

Physical/Special Balance is part of the Stats Rating Formula mentioned earlier. Depending on the winning option of the first poll -- that will limit the PSB options presented for the second poll.

Information about the formula is located here.
A utility for calculating the ODB is located here.

Voted Special on a defensive basis. The top 10 are mainly special, and it requires more special defence than physical.

Either way, I'm hoping for no more than + or - 5 points.

Well, I misclicked on the vote, but I wanted to vote for the second option. I want balanced defensive stats and a physical bias towards offense.

I'm looking towards Moderately towards physical , ie floatzel/dragonite. voted for the second option!

voted mixed bias physical
blissey+strat+ttar(due to ss) are all things that this build is supposed to check, but that would be more annoying if we are relying on hitting their better defensive option

I voted Physical, but my desired spread is just slightly above 20 in the Physical/Special balance, so if 0-20 wins I won't be disappointed.

I went with Slight Bias to Physical. The top ten seem to be mostly physical, and we already know the OU metagame to be mostly physical, so I think it's necessary. Hopefully it'll be able to take both Physical and Special hits though.

I voted Physical, but my desired spread is just slightly above 20 in the Physical/Special balance, so if 0-20 wins I won't be disappointed.
This is my opinion also, pretty much. Definitely a Physical spread (I'm hoping for anywhere from 25 to 15) though, so as to deal with Blissey easier.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Slight bias to special, as this Pokemon should have more SpD than Def.

Slight bias to special, as this Pokemon should have more SpD than Def.
But more attack is desirable over special attack, so if chosen wisely (like in the last, not yet posted, iteration of my spread), you can have higher SpDef than Def while having quite more Att than SpAtt.

I can see this thing having mixed defenses, but with a bias towards physical attacking. I'll go a slight bias towards physical, as we can always give it more SpD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)