CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 5c - Secondary Ability Poll 1

what should be secondary ability?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is our Pokémon:
Concept said:
Name: Decentralizer
Description: A Pokemon can check a majority of the current top 5 Pokemon.
Type: Water / Fight
Ability: Unaware / ???
With a -20 to 0 Style Bias (Slightly defensive), a 0 to 20 Build Bias (slightly physical), and a Very Good (300 to 419) Stat Rating.

For the record, the current top 10 on the CAP server are:
  1. Stratagem
  2. Revenankh
  3. Fidgit
  4. Tyranitar
  5. Zapdos
  6. Syclant
  7. Blissey
  8. Heatran
  9. Scizor
  10. Pyroak

These are your options:
No Secondary Ability
No Guard

Any attacks used by and on this Pokémon will never miss. They ignore evasion and accuracy modifiers, and will also hit through Bounce, Dig, Dive, and Fly. If a Pokémon with No Guard is using Detect or Protect, or if a No Guard Pokémon is targeting a Pokémon using Detect or Protect, moves have 100% - X% accuracy, where X is the move's normal accuracy. In other words, any moves used would hit if they usually don't, and wouldn't hit if they usually do. This takes into account accuracy and evasion, as well as the base accuracy of the move. Moves that ignore all accuracy modifiers, including OHKOs, do not have a chance to break through.
Shockproof
Electric attacks deal 50% damage against this Pokémon. (If this wins, I will hold a side poll concerning the secondary effect of Heatproof; that is: halving burn damage.)
Solid Rock / Filter
Whenever a move is used on this Pokémon that is super effective, the damage is decreased by 1/4.
Intimidate
Lowers the enemy's Attack 1 stage on entering the battlefield. Affects both opponents in doubles. Activates even if gained through Trace, Skill Swap, or Role Play. When a Pokémon with this ability is first in the party, wild encounters have a lower chance of occurring.

If a Pokémon uses Intimidate, that Pokémon cannot use it again until it leaves play, even if it loses and re-gains Intimidate through Skill Swap.
Special Intimidate
Lowers the enemy's Special Attack 1 stage on entering the battlefield. Affects both opponents in doubles. Activates even if gained through Trace, Skill Swap, or Role Play. When a Pokémon with this ability is first in the party, wild encounters have a lower chance of occurring.

If a Pokémon uses Intimidate, that Pokémon cannot use it again until it leaves play, even if it loses and re-gains Intimidate through Skill Swap.
Trace
Upon switching in, this Pokémon copies the opponent's Ability. Trace cannot copy Multitype.
Limber
This Pokémon is immune to being paralyzed. If a Pokémon is paralyzed, and then gains Limber, it is instantly cured of paralysis.
Marvel Scale
This Pokémon has 50% more Defense when afflicted with burn, freeze, paralysis, poison, or sleep. Rest activates this, as well.
Guts
When this Pokémon is affected by Burn, Paralysis, Poison, or Sleep, its Attack is increased by 50%. Guts ignores Burn's Attack drop.
Don't vote based on the name; that can always be changed.

I voted No secoundary. Unaware is plenty powerful on its own, and I would rather not see an ability that gets voted in that will just be overshadowed by this one like we have done with a few CapS in the past.

It also helps simplify the movepool polls as we dont have to think how to create a movest that adiquitly supposts both movepools. I think we got lucky with Strategem where both are equally viable but Im not sure lightning will strike twice if we do it again.

Likewise, I voted No Secondary Ability. Unaware is good enough for CaP6. Why should we give it another ability if it'll probably end up never getting used?

On a side-note I am absolutely against Shockproof. The community voted 'Water/Fight', so why don't we just accept that it won't flatten Zapdos instead of giving it a completely arbitrary ability that defies the entire concept of this CaP?

Voted No Secondary Ability, though if we must it should be Limber or No Guard and certainly shouldn't be Shockproof for all the reasons given by tennisace in the Primary Ability thread.

I am strongly against Shockproof, let alone any of the other abilities, as Unaware is all this pokemon would need. The other abilities imho would make it a bit too strong, so I am voting no secondary ability.

Voted no secondary, but if we had to add another, limber would be the only one I would really agree with as it helps with blissey switchins. One good ability is good enough, as said a thousand times already.

No Secondary Ability.

People need to realise that if they picked Water/Fighting, he won't (and shouldn't) be good against Zapdos.

Voted for No Guard. Unaware is an almost purely defensive ability, No Guard allows CAP6 to make better use of a Choice Band, Specs or Life orb set by allowing it to make better use of strong moves suck as Cross chop, Hydro Pump and Stone edge and allows this Pokemon to be more versatile on the whole.

It sucks that Technician is not here, despite getting more support than several other Abilities in the discussion thread. There are no decent offensive Abilities and all the defensive Abilities are inferior to Unaware.

Therefore I shall abstain from voting.

No Secondary Ability. Unaware is good enough and I don't see how Shockproof could make sense.
I agree with this for the most part. Shockproof shouldn't be considered, as it is eliminating an ability and the concept is to only "check" the majority not the entire top 5.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
We don't need to always give two godly abilities to every pokémon we make, and Water/Fighting will do nicely with Unaware already.

Water Veil is an ability I'd vote for, though. I should've given it more support =(

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No Guard might let CAP6 become somewhat of an offensive threat by using high powered moves such as Cross Chop, Hydro Pump and Blizzard. It gets my vote.

LR.

We don't need to always give two godly abilities to every pokémon we make, and Water/Fighting will do nicely with Unaware already.

Water Veil is an ability I'd vote for, though. I should've given it more support =(
I agree with you on this... i mean CAP5 was Mono rock and it turned out excellent so the same might occur for mono ability.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I agree with you on this... i mean CAP5 was Mono rock and it turned out excellent so the same might occur for mono ability.
Typing and abilities are not the same thing. Not to mention that you could still have either ability, even if two were chosen. Nobody's forcing you to pack Ability #2.

I understand the sentiment that, "Maybe it's time we tried something different and just not give it two abilities or not." I'm just not clear on why people are saying it. >.> I mean, it'd at least be nice to get reasoning on why you don't want a second ability, other than, "I was in the mood."

Supporting Trace, which could be pretty neat. It could copy the brought-up Technician off of Scizor and Strata, it could get a free switch-in on Heatran, Natural Cure its way out of Blissey-Toxic. Heck, it could steal Compound Eyes off a Syclant. While it may not be as "useful" as Unaware, I feel it could bring up a few cool possibilities with its incredible flexibility.

No Secondary Ability.

People need to realise that if they picked Water/Fighting, he won't (and shouldn't) be good against Zapdos.
Bronzong covers it's weaknesses with Heatproof AND Levitate, having shockproof is perfectly fine imo. It isn't overpowering on Zong and shouldn't be overpowering on CAP6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)