CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 8 - Stat Spread Poll 2

whose stat spread should we use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gothic Togekiss and Time Mage's sets do not have any major differences. It's a coin toss for me, literally. My coin says Time Mage. The extra speed to outspeed Infernape is not worth the lower defenses. Thiis CAP is about taking down the top 10, not just Infernape.

WaffleChan, my first paragraph was directed at Bogmire statement about my spread but it's my fault for not making it clear to everyone. I appreciate the more in-depth reasoning onto why you chose a specific spread over another else. It makes for a better understanding onto why anyone would chose something over another.

GT's most closely resembles my own. Though I wish you'd have found room to pump speed up to base 78 :(
I would have, but I would have to decrease something to fit within the 555 limit which was something I wasn't going to do since I had everything to my liking.

I feel mine being so similar to GT's, simply got over looked by a spread provided by a more avid CAP poster then myself.
Hey, don't feel soo down in the dump. Feel happy that a spread with the simliar views as your is still in it and leading but a decent margin.

Voted Gothic Togekiss'

GT's most closely resembles my own. Though I wish you'd have found room to pump speed up to base 78 :(

I feel mine being so similar to GT's, simply got over looked by a spread provided by a more avid CAP poster then myself.

Best of luck Gothic Togekiss

Edit:@Gothic Togekiss

I personally feel that you could afford to lose 3 points in Def, dropping to base 92 and bumping speed to 78. Honestly with 105/92 defense you are still a fair bit physically bulkier than Swampert. And he's proof that it's adequate. But no biggy. And yes, in hind sight I'm am pleased that your spread is doing so well considering it isn't far removed from what I wanted myself :)

I voted Time Mage again.

80 Speed just feels so much faster than 75 speed to me, while still being powerful, and I'll never buy into tennisace's 109 speed thing.

For about a year and a half I was on the You Make the Card Magic the Gathering forums before I came here, and it kind of taught me a lot of my core values. I was a real pusher of "elegance" there, and one of the way that that spills into Pokemon, is that just as you'd never go for a manacost of
when
is works just as well in almost every case and just looks so much butter, there's no reason why 109, which looks terrible, can't just be 110. Tennisace came up with it once and thought it was an awesome argument, but really there's no reason why it shouldn't be 110.

Voted Time Mage although I wouldn't be at all disappointed if GT did end up winning. For me, the only thing mising from GT's submission is some Rev calculations.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I voted Time Mage again.

80 Speed just feels so much faster than 75 speed to me, while still being powerful, and I'll never buy into tennisace's 109 speed thing.

For about a year and a half I was on the You Make the Card Magic the Gathering forums before I came here, and it kind of taught me a lot of my core values. I was a real pusher of "elegance" there, and one of the way that that spills into Pokemon, is that just as you'd never go for a manacost of
when
is works just as well in almost every case and just looks so much butter, there's no reason why 109, which looks terrible, can't just be 110. Tennisace came up with it once and thought it was an awesome argument, but really there's no reason why it shouldn't be 110.
You must have a fit when you look at Lanturn's stats then:

125 / 58 / 58 / 76 / 76 / 67

Whew.

You must have a fit when you look at Lanturn's stats then:

125 / 58 / 58 / 76 / 76 / 67

Whew.
x)
Nah, I don't have a problem with it. It's just that there are a whole slew of Pokemon with 110 speed, and then one Pokemon with 108 speed ... to take a speed as off as 109 with the express purpose of fitting between them, rather than just picking one of them, seems silly to me.

don't trivialize my complaints. <<;;

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
To defend the 109, there isn't anything that has 110 speed that it can actually beat 1v1, therefore it's not worth the speed tie. I felt that the one point was better used in Special Attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)