CAP 6 CAP 6 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyzir! I love it!!! You def. have my vote. What I like is that your submission looks like it can do everything it needs to do. I like it a lot.

EDIT: And I love the colors you settled on. They work great together, and Orange kicks ass.

I've added some last minute action shots, because all I had was a really early, really crappy hydro pump. Here's Slam/Tail Whip/Power Whip and Hydro Pump/Water Gun. I might do some punches and biting moves as well, but I may not have time. EDIT: Added a pic of the moray building up an Aura Sphere.

This guy reminds me of Bowzor from Mario awesome job!

Yeah, with the legs of Diamond Weapon from FF7 - seriously they're exactly the same :-)

tea and blues those action shots are great :-) I think the Aura Sphere one is very cool and shows what the shoulder pads are for which was previously unclear - great job!

As for what should be your final submission - I liked the more detailed earlier submissions more but I guess the more recent one is more cartoony and therefore it might be easier for some people to imagine as a pokemon.

Cyzirvisheen this supporting material is Fantastic! Especially Gyarados getting a Thunderpunch in a belly :-) Serves it right. Oh and Syclant getting Sky Uppercutted is a standout pic too :-)

My Design revamped and colored

This guy reminds me of Bowzor from Mario awesome job!
Yeah, he actually reminds me, and I suppose I drew inspiration from, alot of characters we all know and love. Bowser clearing is in there. But also the likes of Blastoise, Hariyama, Machamp even the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!! lol! So with a host of influences like that, he has no trouble living up to his purpose as a decentralizing Water/Fighting type.

Doesn't look as though he's gonna gain much support here, but I still got a big soft spot for him :)

All right, doing my final design.

The question here is, should one of the tentacles be a pistol? It would indicate a wider variety for the movepool, with ranged attacks and what not. Then again, most ranged attacks are special, which isn't this guy's specialty according to the base stats unless you look at moves like Gunk Shot or Ice Shard.
Still, what do you think?
I was going to try and come up with some other variation on the theme "pirate", but seeing as I just remembered smogon and the CAP project right at the tail end of the art design I think I'll just leave my support for aragornbird.

I do prefer these versions to that other one you mentioned, the "extraneous lines" on the weapon-limbs indicate an organic tool, as in past this point the tentacle is hard and razor-sharp - keratin-based, if you will.

To me, the question is which pokemon looks like it can tank? Or at least be a bit bulky to sponge some hits. Vivid's turtle has a shell and shell's represent some sort of defense while Cartoon's Luchasquid looks pretty bulky with it's shape. Anemoninja also looks like it can "soak up" some attacks. Either way, I'm rooting all the way for EL LUCHASQUID!

To me, the question is which pokemon looks like it can tank? Or at least be a bit bulky to sponge some hits. Vivid's turtle has a shell and shell's represent some sort of defense while Cartoon's Luchasquid looks pretty bulky with it's shape. Anemoninja also looks like it can "soak up" some attacks. Either way, I'm rooting all the way for EL LUCHASQUID!
I wouldn't vote using that reasoning personally, as there are lots of pokemon that have bulky stats and look quite frail or small; Celebi, Jirachi, Vaporeon, Leafeon, Umbreon and Uxie are good examples.

I'm gonna vote for the design I like the most. Trouble is I really like about 5 designs.

Damn you good artists! Why'd ya all have to come along and make us choose only 1 of your designs.

You know how many people would complain about it not looking water enough if I changed the blue right? I also wasn't aware that Wingull/Pelipper had red in it either. ;p The colour scheme's pretty much set in stone from the very beginning and no matter how I colour it there's still going to be compliants of it being flying. Gotta take the good with the bad.
Haha, ALMOST Wingull/Pelipper :P. And yeah, this is pretty much where I was coming from. I would definitely not change the Blue, and I was more coming from a 'change the white' view. But yeah, it'll always have flying elements thanks to it being based on a bird (Empoleon is a bird yes, but penguins can't fly IRL anyway...). Still, good design. A strong #2 as of now in my book.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Guys, please refrain from using possible moves or pictures of your pokemon performing possible moves in your final submissions.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Guys, please refrain from using possible moves or pictures of your pokemon performing possible moves in your final submissions.
This is referring to the Main Design. Supporting Material can contain just about anything. See the OP of this thread for more info.

Yes, just make sure that it is 800 x 600 px or less.
Thank you, sorry for any trouble (stupid tinypic and your "800x600" option...)

Finally, my submission!

Main Submission:

Submission Support:

http://i43.tinypic.com/20zxq9i.jpg

A trio of urchin trained in the art of the ninja. Despite their size (about 2' 6''), the spikes surronding the add a great degree of bulkiness. Through cooperation, they can even pull of punching moves by launching one urchin at the target using a slingshot motion. Of course, the art of the entry hazard has been mastered, as well as a few Poison moves, were picked up in their intence training. However, their focus is not always on the same target, and as such they can sometimes seem Unaware of the danger of a foe.

For your consideration: The Ninja Urchin Trio!

wow, farfin, nice job. i don't think you'll win this (way too early to tell), but i would not be disappointed if you did. don't know where i'll vote on this guy...any chance darkie will reconsider one vote per?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm supporting nardd's Drunken Master Sea Otter all the way. It's just bloody brilliant and fits Unaware to a T.

Here's my tipsy submission to CAP6! Loosely nicknamed "drunkmon," this fellow has as much fighting skills as he does alcohol in his blood :]

Main Design:

BRILLIANT!

Final Submission
Main Design

Supporting Material
AKA massive sketch dump

uhhdurr unaware?
A new challenger has arrived
Aqua Jet
Blank Stare unaware?
Weird pose
remorse
Cap 6 vs Onix why anyone would use onix against him is beyond me though
Lack of focus unaware?
Front view ignore the zebra
Despite all the amazing submissions from others I'm throwing my support behind this one, and not just because I'm a hard-core Canucks fan. I like the colouring and the orca, gives it an ocean feel which I like, but still seems very viable on land.

i feel like the "bill reid" stuff should be toned down a bit with the design emphasized (like xatu just has native "accents" and not so much "full body tattoo") but yeah i love the design, being canadian :D

edit: the teeth are great lol!

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
just an update on my guy. currently suffering from small hands and feet syndrome but after that gets fixed (unless you guys like it >_< ) ill finish it thursday night/friday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)