Gen 3 The Best For Last. RMT [UU]. This is the Best Team I have Ever Made.

Well.....finally i have moved on to DP, for now. No one plays UU on Advance enough for me to avoid DP(and im 11th after a week on the ladder). When i get frusterated from hax or i care about winning against a specific person, i make sure i use this team because it almost never loses, only probably 10 times out of 1000+games. Maybe. So, i am temporarily retiring this team as well from Adv. Untill people start playing it again, if they do. And here it is......

Team Impossible:

The Unwallable Lead:

Kangaskhan (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Early Bird
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fake Out
- Return
- Shadow Ball

This this is the strongest pokemon in uu, no question. Kanga is considered by many people to be the best pokemon in uu, while i dont agree that it is the "best", it is still probably up there. Shadowball for ghosts. Return hits everything harder then Focus Punch, minus golem who EQ is better for anyway, because i can get 2 off. This thing is the Garchomp of ADV UU, it has no "REAL" counter, aside from Golem who doesnt mind EQ that much.

The Unbreakable Walls:

Hypno (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Wish

Special Wall, Wish support, Toxic. This is probably the best pokemon in UU imo, well again, its up there at least. Its crazy SDef makes it spounge hits all day, and wish/Calm mind against them. Toxic to counter other pokemon, and hypnos. Really really strong.

Golem (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Blast
- Toxic

Physical wall. Explodes on pokemon i need to die, like gligar and others. Its my kanga counter too. Toxic for the Bulky water switch in.

The annoying ass cleric who sleeps shit too and doesnt die:

Vileplume (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder

Cleric, and a damn good one. NOTHING ohkos this, not even CB fearow drill peck. Explosions do sometimes, but this is a tank. Leech seed makes hypno cry when it switches in to absorb "Sleep powder". Sleep takes a pokemon out of the match, hopefully something like gligar, or their vileplume.

The Unstoppable Force:

Special:

Manectric (M) @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Static
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Crunch
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

This is the ultimate Special sweeper. Though usually overshadowed by electabuzz, people dont realize two reasons why this is better. One, it has slightly higher SAtk. The slightly higher makes thunderbolt a OHKO on walrein, and others, while electabuzz does like 98% or something, there are many other examples i dont remember them all. Nidoking also gets Kod from 80% rather then 60%. Crunch dents hypno and friends, if i get a sdef drop i can actually kill it.

Physical:

Scyther (M) @ Liechi Berry
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Reversal
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

This is the physical sweeper of the team, if it comes in on a CB earthquake, with some counters weakened/dead, it wins the game just like that because it gets a SD, and Reversal ohkos nearly everything. HP flying for type coverage even though i have swarm. Vileplume gets ohkod by an SD'd hp flying usually(mine doesnt i dont think), Fearow does too, if it comes in on my not last sub. Rips slightly weakened teams to shreds, and if it doesnt kill something, Kanga can always clean up the trash. I keep this in my backpocket, untill i think its clear to smoke everthing in its path. Liechi because no one uses persian/electode/sneasel, so its the fastest pokemon in UU. My Favorite Pokemon.

Threat List:
=
/

Gligar- Manectric ohkos, Kanga owns with return, toxic, prime target for sleep powder, leech seed+stall, or explode as last resort.

=
/

Kangaskhan- The CB variant is about prediction, golem can live through 2 EQs to explode, but people know that kanga is something that is worth exploding, so they may predict, i try to toxic or leech seed and stall. The Rest/Wish variants dont hurt enough to cause trouble, Scyther can kill late game as well.

=
/
/

Vileplume- Hypno can switch in on sleep with insomnia, and then psychic for SE damage, Kanga 2hkos, I try to sleep this, but i need to avoid getting sleeped myself. Dies to scyther late game.

=
/

Hypno- Leech seed if it comes in on Vileplumes sleep powder as most dont carry psychic, Crunch if it stays in on manectric, can 2hko with Petaya activated, or SDef drop, it also doesnt like golems attacks/explosion. Scyther doesnt ohko with sd reversal on most, so i try to kill this off as fast as possible. Toxic is for this as well with my anti-standard build on hypno.

Physical=
/
/
/
Special/Mix=
/
/
/

Nidoking-Depending on moveset, (S)Special/mix is walled and KO'd by Hypno, and (P)Physical is usually CB, and is prediction, Vileplume or golem are usually safe, i can switch to scyther if its EQ. "Iggeh's" example is too slow to pose a threat, Kanga can KO, Hypno can KO, vileplume can ko, manectric can ko, even scyther can ko. Scyther comes in on EQs.

/
(etc.)
=
/
/
/

Bulky Waters(Blastoise/Wallrein etc)- Well, here i try to take them out with manectric, but they wont ever stay in, so i try to get their special wall down first. Wallrein is ohkod by a Liechi reversal from scyther(no SD needed). Blastoise i try to toxic, and i can safely switch hypno in to anything but toxic, which i can aromatherapy anyway. I also try to sleep this/leech seed/Hurt with vileplume. Kanga surprisingly 2hkos both of these.

/
=
/

Rain Dancer Sweepers(Omastar/Gorebyss)-I recently fought someone who ran two raindancers, and i got taken by surprise, I realize i had forgotten how to deal with Rain Dancers! Well i finally remembered how to deal with them, Simply switch directly to vileplume, and leech seed/sleep. Hypno can take ice beams, if they try to predict to vileplume. Various pokemon can 1v1 clearly, but it can set up on a CB return, or sacrifice a pokemon to Set up. That shows that you can get rusty at pokemon!

So, thats the best team ever. You can steal it and use it if you get bored. Rate my last and best UU team!

It can only come in on scyther, who i save untill last, the teams i face ALL have gligar, and i DO hate it, but its easily killable many ways:
-Toxic, as it may come in on golem, thats why it has toxic Hypno can also toxic and wish pass to golem, and i can switch around, or get manectric in.
-Sleep powder or leech seed, an SD'd HP flying does like 70% max on vileplume.
-Manectric HP water ohkos.
-CB kanga return does like 75%.
-If somehow CB kanga is paralyzed, vileplume is slept, hypno is paralyzed, manectric is paralyzed, he gets 2 SDs and EQs golem for a ohko, and i only managed to do like 60% to him, A liechi reversal does 44%.

Thanks for the reply at least...

Curse Quagsire can take on most of your team (except Vileplume of course), and dent them without much of a hassle. And it also gets Damp, so you cant say "I can just explode on it with golem if I have too much trouble."

Rock Blast is made of fail.

CMPass to SalacSharky is so sexy... ok that's not really a weakness.

The standard Aggron can come in on Hypno and sorta Kangaskhan and Vileplume and cause havoc, though.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Fake Out for CB Kanga is kinda dumb. The situational precendence for its success shows itself less often than the situations where it puts you at a pretty decent disadvantage. Mostly failing to KO a sweeper, and having to sac one of your other Pokemon to keep Kanga alive.

Toxic for Golem is kinda dumb. If you're predicting water switch ins, your damage output is greater just using a STABed move, Focus Punch, or Exploding. Bulky Waters are probably going to have Rest in any case, and Walrein doesn't like Rock Slide/Rock Blast.

Why HP Water on Manetric? At least use Ice to get 4x SE on Gligar and hit Vileplume harder. Grass would at least help vs Quagsire and Lanturn.

The main thing here is that you're doing little to completely break the opponent's team. All you have is Kangaskhan, and she's immediately at risk for being a CBer. You have Hypno to support her, but without Reflect or Light Screen one or the other is going to end up dying, and that puts a nice hole into the team.

That out of the way, Manetric and Scyther come in as minor threats. Scyther is usually pinned down by the ever-present Gligar and Quick Attack Fearows. Manectric is just Manectric. Occasionally it will wreck without consequence, occasionally it will come up just short of getting 2-3KOs, and other times it just gets shut down completely.

In other news Electabuzz > Manectric due to wider viariety of move options and having an easier time switching into STABed Surfs.

Curse Quagsire can take on most of your team (except Vileplume of course), and dent them without much of a hassle. And it also gets Damp, so you cant say "I can just explode on it with golem if I have too much trouble."
Curse quagsire can not come in on, Kanga, vileplume, manectric(unless he knows im HP water, crunch hurts quag too). The only pokemon it can come in on easily is Golem, Too add on to this, golem CAN explode, if someone is dumb enough to not use water absorb, they wont be much trouble anyway. I can just switch to vileplume and leech seed and Lol at his earthquake not doing anything.
Rock Blast is made of fail.

CMPass to SalacSharky is so sexy... ok that's not really a weakness.

The standard Aggron can come in on Hypno and sorta Kangaskhan and Vileplume and cause havoc, though.
CM Pass says hello to toxic/leech seed/kanga ohkoing. Rock blast=Scyther Check, and also can 2hko Solrock.

Fake Out for CB Kanga is kinda dumb. The situational precendence for its success shows itself less often than the situations where it puts you at a pretty decent disadvantage. Mostly failing to KO a sweeper, and having to sac one of your other Pokemon to keep Kanga alive.

Fake out has saved my team SO many times, Reversalers are so common in UU if you have played lately, it really helps. I can also Fake out to hit opponents for alot of damage, before i switch out if i meet them in the beginning.

Toxic for Golem is kinda dumb. If you're predicting water switch ins, your damage output is greater just using a STABed move, Focus Punch, or Exploding. Bulky Waters are probably going to have Rest in any case, and Walrein doesn't like Rock Slide/Rock Blast.

I used to have Focus Punch, but then i realized, WHY?? Toxic really screws over bulky waters, and clefables, who is the only thing focus punch hits harder then EQ/RB. Walrein doesnt Mind rock attacks too much, he also forces a switch. If it rests i can set up , if it rest talks, i have vileplume/hypno to stall.

Why HP Water on Manetric? At least use Ice to get 4x SE on Gligar and hit Vileplume harder. Grass would at least help vs Quagsire and Lanturn.

Its from experience, it looks wierd but trust me, Sleep Talk camerupt is Terribly hard to kill otherwise, and nothing can really switch in safe. It still OHkos Gligar, And vileplume is dealt with by 4 other members of the team..

The main thing here is that you're doing little to completely break the opponent's team. All you have is Kangaskhan, and she's immediately at risk for being a CBer. You have Hypno to support her, but without Reflect or Light Screen one or the other is going to end up dying, and that puts a nice hole into the team.

I dont usually wish pass unless im sure of leaving kanga alive. I use the Anti-standard hypno, to counter other hypnos and still wall specials with CM. Kanga does exactly what i said it does, Picks off their pokemon, it cant be walled for very long, and Vileplume/manectric Break these walls with ease.

That out of the way, Manetric and Scyther come in as minor threats. Scyther is usually pinned down by the ever-present Gligar and Quick Attack Fearows. Manectric is just Manectric. Occasionally it will wreck without consequence, occasionally it will come up just short of getting 2-3KOs, and other times it just gets shut down completely.

In other news Electabuzz > Manectric due to wider viariety of move options and having an easier time switching into STABed Surfs.

I dont show Scyther untill their gligar/fearow falls. If im forced to, i just switch out after i kill the pokemon i sent him out again on, Its still at an unbeatable Speed, and reversal still OHkos loads even without boosts. Manectric hits harder than electabuzz, although slightly, I prefer Crunch to Ice punch, and unpredictability to Standard.

Yeah, Gligar can't really switching in on anything safely, so it's not a huge threat.

Sharpedo CAN do some damage to this team when Manectric goes down, but that's another case of 'x dies, y sweeps'.

Nice team overall.

Thank you for backing me up thorns :D. Sharpedo can hurt hypno true, but it has trouble hurting vileplume/hypno combo, as ice beam is shrugged off, and i can let toxic/leech seed tick it to death. Kanga OHKOs with anything, Probably even ohkos with fake out.

Edit: I made it pretty

Eww your RMT now looks like its for DP :(.

Behold SpecialKing!

Nidoking (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 68 HP / 132 Def / 252 SAtk / 56 SDef
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Megahorn
- Surf
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt

For the sake of ruining your team, EQ over T-bolt. Ok so Kanga checks it but 5/6 is pretty good right :(.

Btw I have absolutely no clue in EVing defenses o_o

Iggeh, that is one of the worst posts I have ever seen in my life. No one with any common sense would use that competitively, unless there were special circumstances. Still, it gave me a 3 second laugh.

Ok thanks Mr. Close-minded. :(

Manectric, with a Petaya boost, only does 73% - 87% with Hidden Power Water... though putting Earthquake into that set would, indeed, be a joke so we'll say Nidoking loses anyways.

Hypno's Psychic manages 58% - 68%, while taking 43% - 51% from Megahorn. If it switched in on Surf or T-bolt, it would take 19% - 22%, letting Megahorn 2hko.

Scyther has a 54.3% chance of getting OHKO'd by Fire Blast, which is also a guaranteed 2HKO on Vileplume, dealing 57% - 68%.

As for things not on Sup's team, I was thinking that Bulky Waters would be the most common switch-in on Nidoking. 252 HP/0 SDef Blastoise takes 46% - 54%, same EV Walrein takes 44% - 52%. They need Max SpAtk to OHKO with Surf/IB. Solrock takes 71% - 83% from Surf, Max HP Gligar takes 3% more. Gligar needs Adamant 252 Atk to even have a chance of OHKOing (CBGligar obv OHKO's).

So I realized after posting the set's stopped cold by Quagsire. HP Grass could either replace Megahorn (loses to Hypno) or Surf (loses to weirdos who use Sleep Talk Camerupt or other Fire Types).

Whats it comming in on? It loses to whatever is out, aside from Golem's toxic/rock blast(which probably does like 30%) which gets ohkod by surf, as i wont be expecting that garbage set :P.

That wont 2hko vileplume either, Leech seed. Something needs to do like 70% to 2hko with Leftovers/leech seed. Megahorn doesnt concern me, because then it doesnt have any power vs kanga/manectric and just falls over.

Now, we arent saying that mixking is bad. I personaly like the set with Tbolt/Fireblast/EQ/Sludgebomb(or megahorn). The set you brought up is trying to do too much, while being slow as hell.

No type of Nidoking switches in easily... though if you're still worried about your team, alright alright it doesn't have problems with it.

Leech Seed Math! Leftovers Recovery + Leech Seed = 22 + 40 = 62
Max HP + Recovery = 416
FB's Damage Range 203 - 239.
97.4% chance of 2HKO.

Speed on Nidoking is not THAT important. The only Pokes that come to mind that outspeeds a slow Nidoking is Grumpig and Gligar, both of which, if you're really worried, you can EV Nidoking to outspeed it (as long as its under 269). I personally like it a little bulkier...

Well i guess the point is, i can leech seed before i die, and i can then switch to hypno, and Wall it, even with megahorn.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
This turn-by-turn play stuff gets silly in RMTs after a while, as no one is really rating how you play most of the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)