CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 15 - Sprite Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concept said:
Name: Decentralizer
Description: A Pokemon can check a majority of the current top 5 Pokemon.
Type: Water / Fight
Ability: Unaware
Stats: 105 HP / 110 Atk / 95 Def / 70 SpA / 100 SpD / 75 Spe

Sprite Submissions

Rules

1) Sprites should be inspired by the winning design from the Art Poll. It does not need to be an exact rendition of every detail of the design; "artistic license" is granted to all spriters. However, drastic deviation from the selected art design is discouraged.
2) All sprites (front and back) can have a maximum size of 80x80.
3) All sprites (front and back) must have a complete, unbroken, distinguishable outline. It does not need to be a black outline, but it must be clearly distinguishable from the adjacent interior colors of the sprite. Look at the ingame sprites for examples.
4) Sprites must be in PNG format
5) Use 8-bit truecolor (aka 8-bit RGB) or less. This does NOT mean 256 color mode.
6) Use transparent backgrounds
7) Fusions of other sprites are not allowed. All sprites must be scratch sprites.
8) Do not alter, fuse, recolor or otherwise modify another spriter's submission – unless the original artist explicitly gives permission.

Failure to follow these guidelines will result in the submission being disqualified and the post will be deleted.

Sprite submissions for the sprite poll will be selected by the Topic Leader, based on preference and feedback in this thread. There is no process for overturning the Topic Leader's decision. If you are not comfortable with this stipulation, then do not make a sprite submission. Do not post any complaints here or in later threads.

Additional Information

There are 8 possible sprites:
Front Normal Male
Front Normal Female
Front Shiny Male
Front Shiny Female
Back Normal Male
Back Normal Female
Back Shiny Male

Back Shiny Female

In most cases, spriters submit a Front Normal sprite first. Once feedback comes in and the poll nears, they make the other sprites.

You do not have to make different Male and Female sprites, but it helps. Since there are only minute differences between most ingame male and female sprites, it’s not very hard to tweak the sprite for a different gender. Some spriters have made noticeable changes between genders, and that’s fine too.

Shinies are just recolors, so that’s not too tough. There’s lots of people that can’t scratch, that are willing to recolor your shiny, if you really don’t want to do it yourself. Just ask in the submission thread and you’ll get plenty of offers to help.

Please look at your transparent sprites against different colored backgrounds, not just white. In Shoddy, the sprite will be displayed on multiple background colors in the Team Builder and in battle.​

New to sprite tryouts, but obviously I've been waiting eagerly for this thread. The level of quality in the art submissions has been a strong factor in motivating me to participate in this part of the process.

Baked a day or two in advance, aragorn's piratesquid:

(edit: brightened colors edit2: better defined shapes)
Not a final, so subject to change, any tips or comments would be appreciated.
Also, because choosing your own shiny is fun; a few extra flavours:

First is a treasure themed coloration, second is a ghost pirate for ghost ships, third is..not..uh...not based on anything particular...

lol, at the last remark Cartoons!

I like your sprite so far, is a bit RBY-esque, but its cool, nice job, although I prefer you trying out different aspects inn the Shiny Color palette.

You could try raising his head a bit, make his face more visible, especially his one eye or try moving his left, uh, tentacleglove a bit out of his face.

Well boxers try to cover their face as a defense, but if people really want the tentacle out of the way, I could move it. The other rationalization for having the gloves in front of the mouth.. he lets his fists do the talking?

Also, how do you mean 'RBY-esque', Sikh?

Well, Im not the best spriter, but I gave it a shot. I need to thicken the legs and overall make it better.

And here are some shiny colors

Well, Im not the best spriter, but I gave it a shot. I need to thicken the legs and overall make it better.

And here are some shiny colors

The picture itself makes it look bulky, I dont think this looks 'bulky enuff' but I like the shinies though.

Male/female regular versions plus a small set of potential shiny colours done in about 2 hours. Each one is within the 16 colour game limit barring missed artifacts. I hope you like and crit welcome. Now to wait for my rival. ;p

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I just want to thank everyone for their support in the previous polls, especially for my first CAP. I can't wait to see all the sprites. I would make one myself, but I already spent a third of my winter break on the art and I just want to relax for the next week.

I really like Wyverii's outline and the blue Shiny is really cool. But I also like the bulkiness that Cartoons has.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
haha Wyverri. I quite like it. I'm a tad bummed that Cyzir didn't bring the gold, but I have a few pose ideas in mind for this little bugger too. I'm in the midst of being overworked and underappreciated at work, but i can sketch up some poses and hopefully get started tomorrow. I hope you and I square off in the finals there, rival. :O

Male/female regular versions plus a small set of potential shiny colours done in about 2 hours. Each one is within the 16 colour game limit barring missed artifacts. I hope you like and crit welcome. Now to wait for my rival. ;p
Good Job Wyverii. I like the first version of Shiny. Maybe you can make a split between genders just like Hippowdon. Each has slight colors variations, with the 2 genders have completely different shinies (colorwise).

How do you check, by the way? Shoddy has no limits, but it would be nice to try to stay within 16 anyway.

Made a few minor changes including thinning the tentacles slightly. I won't thin them any further though. No pirate would allow a Pokemon on deck whose arms weren't at least as thick as the ship's mast.

We have them male and female now too. Girls have the other eye, an un-notched 'sword', and a less sharp hook.

edit: further femmed the female by changing the mouth area and 'hat' shape.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Somethig about the pose says it wants to dance more than fight. I'm not sure up in the air is the best pose for this Pokemon. Personally I like Cartoons! the best right now, however get rid of the beard on the female, no female pirate has ever had a beard and it's creepin' me out. Maybe put a bandana of sorts around it's neck?

Here's my first version:

I just want feedback right now. I'll make it transparent and add backsprites later, but the transparent background won't come until I submit my final entry. I think I need to tweek the blue a bit. Hmmm... we'll see.

Calad

Hero of the Blue Flames
is an Artist Alumnus
Here's my first version:

I just want feedback right now. I'll make it transparent and add backsprites later, but the transparent background won't come until I submit my final entry. I think I need to tweek the blue a bit. Hmmm... we'll see.
Wow... this is a really good pose... But, I don't like the face.

Currently liking Chaoscrippler's the most. The creative poses are nice, but on Hectopus Pirate it just looks awkward.

Considering this thing has a natural beard, maybe we should make it male-only?

I personally like Cartoon!'s best so far, though I'd like to suggest turning the point of the hook inwards instead of outwards to see how that looks.

Chaoscrippler's design is good, but it doesn't have the same in-your-face aggressive quality that Cartoon!'s does.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
im currently liking cartoons' the best. the lines just need to be smoother in some areas.

I'm liking Cartoons!'s, but it looks a bit stuffed. Keep the pose but try to make it not so squeezed in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)