Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - December 2008

If somebody posted this I'm sorry, but I'd like to put it out there that when the 5 Rotom form usages are combined (species clause) Rotom is #10 on the standard ladder (53142 uses) and #9 on the suspect ladder (3536 uses).

| Smoochum | Move | Trick Room | 80.0 |

Like woah. I'm writing a Smoochum analysis (in the rough draft stage right now), and I had a Trick Room set made up for it. Weird. This definitely reinforces that set on it though.

That's still to be determined.

It's strange that Shaymin-S is still in the top 50 despite being banned.

EDIT: Now hold up one minute. Before this month, NFEs were considered to be in the same tier as their FE, correct? This was to be the case until testing could be done (which would be this month).

Well, explain this (Standard Statistics)

| Gabite | Usage | 110 | |
I'm confused now. I know it's not a listed Uber like Wynaut be I thought it was by conduct to be Uber because Garchomp is Uber. Was Gabite exempt? (appears I shouldn't need to ask this as the statistics say he was used but I need clarification).

I doubt Gallade is OU. It has paper defense, isn't very fast, Hypnosis was nerfed, Lucario now also have Ice Punch for Gliscor making its movepool not so special.

Dusknoir isn't outclassed at all, considering its defenses are godly.

I've actually seen a lot of Dragonite, but I think people are using it more bescause its cooler than Salamance not because it's actually that good. Still works sometimes though.

EDIT: Shaymin wasn't banned the whole month of December?

EDIT: Now hold up one minute. Before this month, NFEs were considered to be in the same tier as their FE, correct? This was to be the case until testing could be done (which would be this month).
Wynaut is banned because it has shadow tag, which is a broken ability, not because it evolves into wobbufett. Garchomp was deemed suspect for being overcentralizing, a quality it does not share with gabite or gible.

NFE of OU pokemon were not considered OU, they were just banned from UU.

I know its confusing but it won't be once UU is fixed and gabite is no longer banned from UU.

Yeah, the whole issue with NFEs not being counted as individual Pokemon will be resolved any day now. :)

And the Suspect ladder stats are total lol.

Wow

0.6 of Shedinja's have HP Evs...

Most likely just because players wanted to stuff the remaining 6 EVs somewhere...

Shedinja | HP EV | None | 99.4 |

Is Gallade still OU?

Yep.
This gen Scizor, Heatran and Salamence are the most popular sweepers.
And I think it will stay this way.

Usage comparison list for November and December, both lists adjusted for species clause(all rotom appliances are one pokemon).

Green means that pokemons usage rose,
red means it dropped,
blue means a pokemon rose 5 spots or more.
NA means there was no change.
Actual usage differences are rounded to the nearest 500, or 100 if the change was less than 500.
Less than 100 is listed as NA, no change.

I had to adjust this list after I realized that counting rotom as five pokemon created an inaccurate list.

01 Scizor _________NA, -500
02 Heatran ________NA, -500
03 Salamence ______NA, -3,000
04 Tyranitar _______NA, +2,500
05 Gyarados _____+2, +5,500
06 Zapdos ________-1, -5,000
07 Blissey _________-1, -300
08 Infernape _____+1, +300
09 Lucario _________-1, -7,000
10 Rotom-P ______+1, -5000
11 Gengar _________-1, -5,000
12 Metagross ______NA, -6,500
13 Swampert ______NA, -2,000
14 Bronzong _______NA, +250
15 Celebi ________+1, +3,500
16 Jirachi ________+8, +18,500
17 Azelf ___________-2, +500
18 Starmie _________-1, +6,000
19 Vaporeon ________-2, -1,000
20 Machamp_______+3, +4,000
21 Suicune __________NA, +1,000
22 Kingdra __________NA, +1,500
23 Gliscor_________ +2, +2,500
24 Breloom _______+9, +6,000
25 Togekiss _______+1, NA
26 Skarmory ________-7, -4,000
27 Weavile ________+1, +2,000
28 magnezone _____+8, +3,000
29 Electivire _______+1, NA
30 Flygon _________+9, +6,000
31 Mamoswine _______NA, -1,000
32 Snorlax __________-5, -2,500
33 Hippowdon _______NA, -500
34 Aerodactyl _____+2, +4,000
35 Heracross ________NA, -500
36 Forretress _______-7, -5,500
37 Cresselia ______+4, +1,000
38 Jolteon ________+5, +3,500
39 BANNED! _______-22, -19,000
40 Dusknoir _________NA, NA
41 Tentacruel_______ -7, -4,000
42 Rhyperior ________-4, -1,500
43 Dragonite ________-1, -2,500
44 Porygonz _________NA, +500
45 Ninjask ________+1, +500
46 Empoleon ______+4, +1,500
47 Dugtrio __________-2, -1,000
48 Alakazam ________-1, -500
49 yanmega ______+5, +1,500
50 donphan _________-2, -1,000

The top 10 has pretty much stabilized, with Rotom finally bumping out Gengar. Guess bulky is better than fast. Rotom's rise to power is imo directly responsible for Lucarios drop and Infernape' rise. Lucario has to give up priority or coverage against flying to cover rotom, while mixapes overheat does fine.

Jirachi rises 8 spots to #16 thanks to the popularity of the scarfhax set and brings its counter magnezone with it, who also rose 8 spots to #28. Jirachi had the greatest increase in actual usage, with 18,500 more uses than in November.

Breloom rises 9 spots to #23, an indirect result of rotoms rise to power, which made stall viable again. Breloom is a great wall breaker and people are remembering that. Its also a great counter to tyranitar, who is number 4.

Flygon rises 9 spots to #30 as the scarf set is proving to be a great anti-metagame pokemon, taking advantage of the banning of scarfchomp (scarf-flygon is still way more balanced than scarf-chomp).

Jolteon rises 5 spots, though it's stll 9 places behind its physical equivalant, electivire.

Skarmory and Forretress both drop 7 spots. I don't know what that means, but it's interesting.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wynaut is banned because it has shadow tag, which is a broken ability, not because it evolves into wobbufett. Garchomp was deemed suspect for being overcentralizing, a quality it does not share with gabite or gible.
This is completely untrue, he was erroneously banned and this will be fixed in new uu. Shadow Tag alone is not broken.

| Salamence | Nature | Adamant | 39.6 |
| Salamence | Nature | Jolly | 10.0 |
| Salamence | Nature | Other (10) | < 9.7 |
Isn't there something wrong here? What happened to the other natures? They don't add up properly.

I'm not surprised with the leads/usages on the OU ladder. I've seen and used some of the top myself.

And oh, Empoleon is OU now! awesome!!

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Dusknoir stays with a good spot in OU by several reasons most notably:

Walling Heatran: A Modest Heatran Fire Blast cant 2hko dusky, what makes him an awesome counter to massive damage the beast with an EQ.

Walling Scizor & Other Physical threats (Gyarados, Salamence, Lucario): Willowisp makes him very good in the physical side.

AND His ability to recover damage while damaging others. I dont know why ppl think Pain Split is a bad move. Its awesome against the likes of Blissey or Snorlax.

Dusknoir FTW!
Modest Heatran Fire Blast- 42.86 - 50.68, 95.6 chance of being 2HKO'd after Stealth Rock and Sandstorm, 41.55 chance of being 2HKO'd after just SR.

Flash Fire Boosted Fire Blast- 63.95-75.51, 100% chance of being 2HKO'd.

Those are both on 252/252 +SpDef nature Dusknoir, i wouldnt call that a safe counter.

Adamant Scizor Swords Dance Night Slash vs max/max Dusknoir- 66.67- 78.91. Not bad here, considering not many Scizor run Night Slash. Dusknoir is a relatively safe Scizor counter, although with LO it OHKOs 92.31% of the time with SR.

LO DD Mence OHKOs ~70% of the time with SR out, CB Outrage always 2HKOs. Luke does 87.76 minimum with +2 Crunch. Dusknoir also needs Thunderpunch to stop Gyarados running Taunt or Restalk Dragon Dance.

Besides that, Dusknoir is kinda set up fodder, thats why i dont use it.

Dusknoir suffers from a lot of the problems Spiritomb does, in that anything with sub hurts it badly. And it's dangerous to allow that many switches for free.
I'm actually seeing a little less of Scizor lately. I think everyone's kind of centralized their teams in that most have a sufficient Scizor counter. That, and most teams are packing random fire moves to deal with him.
It's kind of centralizing, but it isn't near as bad as Garchomp was. Scizor is manageable.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Isn't there something wrong here? What happened to the other natures? They don't add up properly.
They don't.

| Salamence | Nature | Adamant | 39.6 |
| Salamence | Nature | Jolly | 10.0 |
| Salamence | Nature | Other (10) | < 9.7 |

means that Adamant is in 39.6% of Salamence, Jolly is in 10.0% of Salamence, and the remaining Salamence use one of 10 other natures, each of whose percentages is 9.7% or less.

Thanks Doug for these stats. :)

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I edited the OP and added links to all the statistic threads from past months. I'll include links in future statistics threads. This should help for making historical comparisons.

Gallade might still make it, according to X-Act's formula.

As for Flygon.... well, someone had to replace Garchomp's Ground/Dragon role, right?
50? With the merging of BL/UU together UU is now going to have more Pokemon with each pokemon fighting its potential to move up one tier.

I'd say 60-70 by the most so we can give enough room for a few exceptions.

Gallade is OU alright. If he didn't gain those platinum move tutor sets, including the elemental punches, something that Gardevoir cries over, then I could've seen usage gone down greatly.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Darkrai pips Rayquaza as second-most-used Uber.

Kyogre and Scizor still reign.

And Yanmega is still OU.

Awesome!

EDIT: Shaymin wasn't banned the whole month of December?
The Suspect Test for Latias started around December 20-21, and that was when Skymin was kicked out. People were still using it quite a bit even after the news got out that it was banned.

The suspect stats are completely insane. Latias being used nearly twice as much as Scizor was really unexpected. It seems the novelty factor ran out pretty early in the test, and I expected Scizor to stay on top. I expected Gyarados to be higher. The Impish Rest Talk set is rising in usage dramatically, and the offensive set has only a few reliable counters and can set up with ease or scare away a lot of the top ten.

The FIVE steels in the top ten worries me though. No Bronzong (#16) is interesting, and so is Jirachi and Magnezone in the top ten. Although no one should take these stats seriously at all. Only 10-12 days of suspect ladder and completely off the wall stats should not prompt anyone to scream out the word overcentralization.

So like can someone explain to me why Azelf is the number one most used lead? There are so many more better leads. Aerodactyl, Infernape, Jirachi...

I'm not surprised Skarmory lost a few places though. I mean, with SkyMin gone (though she shall return, she's not a uber imo).

Also I know I stated that Skarmory is the best Szicor counter is the game, but he's far from that. Superpower does about 70-80 % after just one SD. In return Skarmory will need some EV investment in attack to OHKO back with Brave Bird...

imperfectluck

Banned deucer.
A glimpse at how another side of the world plays.
Statistics from the most well-known Chinese version of Smogon, and an explanation of the rules they go by that may influence these statistics:

Swords Dance and Nasty Plot are banned on all Pokemon with 560 or better base stats
Only one of the following may be in your team: All legends / Dugtrio / Tyranitar / Salamence / Metagross / Hippowdon / Gyarados / Deoxys-E / Garchomp / Armaldo is not allowed with a Sandstream Pokemon
Curse Snorlax and Curse Hippowdon are banned

Usage statistics (% chance that a Pokemon is used in a team)
Code:
              Sept   Oct     Nov     Dec
Tyranitar     22.64% 31.46% 36.25%  37.07%
Jirachi       11.80% 14.68% 15.39%  23.99%
Azelf         17.50% 21.56% 22.85%  23.11%
Machamp       12.70% 14.61% 15.60%  17.55%
Flygon        4.27%  5.30%  10.02%  12.73%
Heracross     13.95% 11.61% 11.12%  10.86%
Jolteon       8.02%  8.64%  8.97%   10.29%
Empoleon      4.13%  5.41%  6.83%   7.72%
Dugtrio       9.60%  9.30%  8.29%   7.67%
Gallade       7.72%  7.12%  6.63%   6.60%
Porygon2      4.55%  4.99%  5.65%   6.48%
Umbreon       5.38%  5.59%  6.25%   6.44%
Ludicolo      3.93%  4.11%  5.15%   5.59%
Ambipom       4.21%  4.28%  4.84%   5.04%
Roserade      6.04%  5.72%  5.32%   4.75%
Weezing       4.84%  3.94%  3.90%   3.56%
Ugh I can't figure out how to format this, if anyone could give me tips that would be greatly appreciated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)