CAP Metagame Analysis Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I just linked the guide into the reference sticky, and locked the guide thread. If you need to update the thread, just ask me or a forum mod to unlock it.

Thank you SkarmBlissCounter and all the people who contributed to this guide. This is probably the most important reference document in the entire CAP project, besides the Process Guide. I'm so excited that it is finally complete! I read the entire thing, and learned a lot. I can only imagine how helpful this will be for those completely new to CAP battling.

THANK YOU!

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Cool, it looks like a great way for people to make a start in the CaP meta.

Read through it and found a few nitpicks:

Syclant's counters:
With Earth Power now viable on the TG set some of its older counters (ScarfTran, Metagross) are lees useful, however a couple of new ones are now workable. I would suggest putting Bullet Punch after Metagross, maybe removing scarftran and adding Regice and Snorlax.

Oak's counters: Maybe add Strata? Toxic is a little annoying but strata never lasts long for me anyway.

From Rev's How do you stop it? section:
Togekiss can Air Slash and 2HKO Revenankh whilst being to Fighting and immune to Shadow Sneak.
Should be "neutral" to fighting.

From Fidgit's How do you stop it? section:
as will Syclant, Salamence and Rotom appliances especially when without Wish
The "especially when without Wish" sounds a little wrong to me. Maybe not though..

From Strata's How do you stop it? section:
Any Pokemon that reaches over 394 with a strong Physical attack will likely revenge kill Stratagem with ease
Should probably be 394 speed. Just to make it a little clearer.

From Rev's Incorporating the CAP Pokemon into your team section
Scarf Heatran is a good weapon to against Jirachi, Celebi and Shaymin-S.
Probably best to take out Shaymin-S

And maybe a section for CaP specific movesets for non-CaP Pokemon? Things like ZHCBGross or HP Fly Dos. There a probably a good number of them.

Nice job DN.

Edit: You changed your name!

Edit: You changed your name!
Yeah, 'twas a bit outdated, man I've been here for almost 4 years. Wow.

When Arghonaut is play tested I think I'll add those edits since it's locked/stickied now. I think people know what I'm trying to say. Bah, if you told me 5/6 hours before hand...

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, sorry about that.. but all of those are pretty minor so it should not matter too much.

What about the CaP specific sets for other Pokemon idea?

mm.. maybe I should change my name some time.. get some caps..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)