The Rise of Agility Metagross

joshe

the best
Yet another RMT for you to see o_O This is a sweeping team that tries to take out everything before they die. Basically just another offensive team with a little defense. Really one of my best teams overall.

Sweeping team
==============================================================================

=========================================================
The team's main strategy is to clear all counters to set up for an AgiliGross sweep.

As always, changes will be made in bold BLACK

THE TEAM.....

THE LITTLE ENGINE THAT COULD

Azelf @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spd
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Explosion

Well i got tired using Metagross as lead and put him in a late-game role were many say he belongs. using azelf because....well.... the little pixie can flat out kill. usually sets up SR then explodes to take something out. Psychic for STAB and for gengar, Fire blast for metaleads aswell as other steels, explosion to take a poke out with me. Very good lead

THE WALL

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 200 HP/228 Def/80 SAtk
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Swampert is the only wall on the team. my initial switch to dragons and OHKO with ice beam. Earthquake for STAb, Hydro pump FOr awsome power and kills donphan and hippowdon. ice beam for dragons and zapdos, roar to phaze out set ups.
136 HP / 204 Atk / 68 Def / 100 Spe cbpert

THE DESTRUCTION

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 172 Atk/192 Spd/144 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Overheat
- Stone Edge

ALL-OUT MixNape. More physical than most infernapes. My main switch to blissey to OHKO with Close Combat. Overheat for insane power, Grass knot to 2HKO bulky waters and grounds and OHKO swampert, Stone edge for Gyara and dragons and zap. 192 speed evs to outspeed base 100's with a + speed nature. Very big surprise factor. Normally switchout after Overheat, except when phisical attacks ar needed.

THE SWEEP

Salamence (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Hydro Pump

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 76 Atk / 248 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash nature (+SpA, -SpD)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break
- Roost
---

Yeah i know. DD-Mence and Mixmence are more useful overall but does any one think it's a SpecsMence until the physical wall they switch in gets obliterated. Very big surprise factor. Dragon pulse for stab and main dragon attack. Draco meteor for Switchins and to destroy anything, flamethrower for steels and celebi, Hydro pump for anything weak to it.

THE SCOUT

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 176 HP/252 Atk/80 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Scizor, Reigns over OU just like Garchomp used to( maybe not that big X_x). My main scouter with BP and u-turn. With only one weakness it makes a good member for this team. CB-SD-STAB-TECH-Bullet Punch hurts. Went with choiceband for more power finding that BP is really the only attack i use. Superpower for steels. pursuit for rotom-A except H, U-Turn for celebi. went w/ 176Hp/80 SPdef for survivability.

THE END

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 60 HP/252 Atk/196 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Agility
- Thunderpunch

Agility Metagross is quite the offensive threat. If I can get all the phsyical walls such as gliscor, hippowdon, and swampert out of the way.
My late game sweeper. After an Agility, it outspeeds anything not scarfed. Just set up and sweep simple as that. with its bulk, its easy to set up then attack. Life orb for power with different choice of moves. Meteor Mash for Stab and if i get an Atk boost it is game over. Earthquake for steels if there are any left, Agility to speed up, and thunderpuch for gyara and excelent coverage alongside earthquake. 200 spd evs to outspeed all base 100's that are scarfed after an agility.

One More Look
==========================================================

==============================================================================

Well, this team looks Okay. Only a few changes need to be made.
Exchange Overheat for Fire Blast, since if you ever use overheat, infernape will become set-up bait for pokemon like swampert with the Sp. ATT Drop, again, keep nape for late game, that's when he really shines and last of all, change his nature to Naive NAture (+Speed -Sp. Def)

Overall, this looks OK

No time for a full rate. Few things.

Your team seems to cover its weaknesses decently. Special attacks hit your team pretty hard though; your team looks to rely purely on resistances to stay in line. Bulky waters could be a big problem. Your only water resist is Salamence (he won't like them anyways), and most water users carry ice attacks which will do him in as well.

With Swampert being your only "bulky" pokemon, it could be taking a lot of the team's load and leave you vulnerable once it goes down (against Smogon protocol, yeah yeah).

Metagross' analysis is outdated. That's not really a good number to hit speed-wise. I recommend 132 speed, which is enough to outrun positive nature Scarf Heatran, something that could mess Metagross up if still around.

Apart from the things Veedrock said, Infernape kind of poses a problem for your team, i believe how you can see the only way to deal with it (MixApe) when Metagross hasn't gotten an agility is a speed tie with your own Infernape. I suggest a Toxic Vaporeon which will also help with the bulky waters as mentioned, possibly over Scizor, I don't see what he's doing for you at the moment. Infernape wants max special attack to make a serious dent into stuff with Overheat, unless the attack insures a few important KOs, which you would like to mention, i'd also rather the Atk EVs be dumped into Special Attack to make Infernape's Overheat have more kick.

@ Upa: Infernape is not swampert weak, bulky water, but not pert, (GK) plus hasty>naive is no difference bar taking bullet punches which it shouldn't be doing.

joshe

the best
Metagross' analysis is outdated. That's not really a good number to hit speed-wise. I recommend 132 speed, which is enough to outrun positive nature Scarf Heatran, something that could mess Metagross up if still around.
Okay, thanks for that i'll change it

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I disagree with Veed there. Give Metagross enough speed to hit 226 so as to outspeed all neutral base 100s equipped with choice scarf after a single agilty. A 3 attack Starmie would do well over Scizor. It is slightly similar to Swamped so you can switch it out instead if you prefer but I prefer Scizors slot because you NEED a rock resist. What Starmie does is give you a switch in to Infernape and Gyarados whilst giving Salamence (which hurts all offensive teams) absolutely no chance to even get a free turn like against Scizor. Hope I helped somewhat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)