CAP 7 CAP 7 - Concept Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concept: Mixed Priority pokemon
Description: This pokemon specializes in priority moves and is a good mixed sweeper.

What I'd like to see is a pokemon that has Technician or some "made up" ability that boosts some lower power priority moves, to have one of the first mixed priority pokemon. I've yet to see anyone use a priority pokemon mixed, so I think this would make a great plan.

I suppose I'll try a submission, too.

Name: Turning the tables

Description: A Pokemon that specializes in using the opponent's strengths to its own advantage.

There are a lot of things in the game that can punish what would normally be good for an opponent. Leech Seed takes advantage of high HP stats. Gyro Ball and Trick Room punish high speed. Counter, Mirror Coat, Metal Burst, and Bide use your opponent's damage-dealing ability against them. Trace can take any ability and use it against the opponent, and there are many other examples. This pokemon should be able to take advantage of those sorts of things to turn the opponent's greatest strength into its downfall.

Concept: Storage Room
Description: A pokemon that can keep use and keep an item either via ability, movepool or other means

And before we get screamed at for being too specific ability-wise it should be noted there are other things besides sticky hold that can prevent item theft

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Last warning, if your post was deleted, please stop asking me why in this thread. I am sick of having to answer to people that can't figure out where they went wrong. If you really can't figure it out by yourself, then take it up with me via PM me instead of filling up this topic with unnecessary posts.

Name: BACKFIRE POKEMON

Description:
If you aren't careful and end up playing him wrong or something it can backfire and be more of a burden to your own team than a threat to your opponent's. I know a lot of pokemon already work like that, but take this pokemon to the EXTREME

Explanation: yeah yeah it looks like a gimmick but it isnt! its a high risk high reward pokemon good for this metagame because it promotes actual thinking! you can't be liberal when choosing when to send out this pokemon like how you can spam scizor or heatran throughout the game with no consequence! with the BACKFIRE POKEMON you have to plan out a route of attack...or else!

Concept: Combo Breaker
Description: Either by typing or ability or both (most likely both,) this Pokemon can resist several common combinations of types that are often used, and instead will leave you looking for less common types such as poison to hit to best effect.

By good combos, I mean like Ice/Electric attacks or Ground/Rock, Ghost/Fight or any others at the same time.

I seem to have been deleted. I'll rephrase my idea.

Name: Residual Damage Master
Description: A Pokemon that uses damage that occurs each turn to damage foes, but can have negative side effects on his teammates.

Name: Nothing but status.
Description: A bulky Pokemon that focuses on just messing with your opponent's status.

Explanation: OK this will be a Pokemon that just focuses on inflicting status to your opponent by means that paralyzes, poisons, burns, and sleep. This Pokemon will be able to take hits while inducing the foe's status with paralyzation, poisoning, burning and making them fall asleep.

EDIT: This pokemon will still be able to give reasonable hits to foe.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Name: Get Out!
Description: A Pokemon that can safely, take minimal residual damage, force switches, and bring out an appropriate counter, or surprise the opponent by staying in and screw with their mind.

Concept: Suicide Hotline
Description:
Something that could easily handle suicide lead strategies like those of Azelf, Aero and anything else that likes to run @focus sash with taunt, SR, filler. To accomplish this, we could give it an ability, typing, or movepool that would shut down or mitigate these leads' attempts to taunt, set up entry hazards, or explode, thereby making the whole suicide strategy less appealing.

Ideally, CAP7 would be specialized to handling suicide leads, so that other lead strategies could once again flourish.

Name: Backbone of the team
Description: A pokemon that is perfect at team support.

The tank position, people would think has been thoroughly filled. Cress, Bliss, and Skarm all do a job. This poke would be like Cress with above attacks and above average defences. It could also use quick heal moves, set up moves, hax moves and team support moves. Below average speed would help it become un-broken.

Name:Non-UBER Mew
Description:
A Pokemom who can do anything and everything, just not making it UBER

Mew is an interesting pokemon in that it is the only pokemon that can do everything, but due to it stats and movepool it is UBER. The challenge of CAP7 would be to make mew non uber by either changing its type, abillity, stats, movepool, or combination of them to make it non uber. (Jusy an example, would mew be UBER if its stats were 90's across the line instead of 100, or if it had a typing that was weak to 50% of the metagame, have an abillity that tells the oppoent a random move it has on switch)

Concept: The Great Tank of China
Description: A tank designed to take hits, and dish a lot of them out as well

This Pokemon is the one me and tennisace are basically dying for. AKA Electric/Dragon tank, attacking and walling (most likely specially biased). It would be like Rhyperior in a sense, except it would be aimed for at the special side of the spectrum. The movepool would be able to hit hard, and could probably assist the team with moves such as Spikes / Stealth Rock, as well as status moves such as T-Wave which is a given.

It would be able to counter Heatran (if we add an ability or something, such as Levitate) and it already completely owns Zapdos for the most part (HP Ice may be the only problem). We can make it this fully adapted to the OU environment countering many threats. We can also make it so that it is more like Rhyperior ability-wise being able to actually counter a lot of threats. The typing is really subjective but Electric / Dragon is currently what I am hoping for. The main idea though is a tank, likely special biased so it isn't a mini-Rhyperior.

Name: April fools
Description: A pokemon, who through use of a variety of possibilities, and possibly a wide move set, can have a use other than what the first impression is.
An example: so it first comes out Tadaa! The mystery Pokemon whats it gonna do? It uses lets say a stat boosting move like agility, however the pokemon already outspeeds your 110 base speed Pokemon. It's probably a baton passer then so opt for a stat boost or or spikes ect. Then blam! a super effective move to the face.
Note: I realise this example probably sucks -.-

Well I hope this isn't a repetition/a bad idea in general (I did read all of it). Either way I don't mind harsh critism, it's how I learn. Sorry for any miss spellings/ typo's.

Caladbolgs is probably my favorite as of now.

Serious Wrecking Ball

Description: A PKMN that can either shut down or defeat key walls, and thus allow a sweep delivered by itself or another team member.

Concept: Low BST
Description: A pokemon with a low BST that can still rape thanks to his typing, movepool, or ability.

Maybe that's too specific, but maybe an easy-to-use Shedinja or not-as-broken Wobbuffet is what I'm trying to get at: something that doesn't need the sky-high stats to be good. I think this would be a unique idea for a CaP, imo, considering all the others have ~500 or something

Concept: Gimmicky Pokemon which puts fear into the hearts of the opponent (lol) by using moves like Assist.
Description: A pokemon that can use otherwise horrible moves and give them a use. Maybe Assist gets a 1.5% boost if used by this pokemon or something. Pretty much just a pokemon to exploit otherwise useless moves.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Concept: Ultimate status absorber

Description: A pokemon which, through use of its typing, ability, or role, can take most status attacks, and reliably protect the rest of the team from status attacks.

Explanation: Status attacks, in particular Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave, are the bane of offensive teams. This pokemon should hopefully be able to fit into an offensive team quite easily, and afford it reliable protection against these common crippling statuses. It shouldn't have too difficult a time switching into common statusers such as Celebi and Rotom, and should be able to force them out / not make them status again, giving your offensive team more free switches. Although I'm not much of an active battler on CAP, I do like to spectate quite a bit, and this should hopefully encourage the use of more offensive teams on the server.

Oh, and if my concept is too similar to this one, then my apologies and feel free to delete this post.

Concept: The Great Tank of China
Description: A tank designed to take hits, and dish a lot of them out as well

This Pokemon is the one me and tennisace are basically dying for. AKA Electric/Dragon tank, attacking and walling (most likely specially biased). It would be like Rhyperior in a sense, except it would be aimed for at the special side of the spectrum. The movepool would be able to hit hard, and could probably assist the team with moves such as Spikes / Stealth Rock, as well as status moves such as T-Wave which is a given.

It would be able to counter Heatran (if we add an ability or something, such as Levitate) and it already completely owns Zapdos for the most part (HP Ice may be the only problem). We can make it this fully adapted to the OU environment countering many threats. We can also make it so that it is more like Rhyperior ability-wise being able to actually counter a lot of threats. The typing is really subjective but Electric / Dragon is currently what I am hoping for. The main idea though is a tank, likely special biased so it isn't a mini-Rhyperior.
Probably,the best and most interesting concept so far!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)