Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Garchomp can use Earthquake against Sharpedo. It's not a contact move so you don't take Rough Skin damage. Unless it freezes you with Ice Fang, you should win.

Ice Punch Clefable is a bitch, froze Garchomp then killed him. On all my Garchomp runs after my 112 record I keep getting screwed over my random pokemon using Ice attacks and something unlucky happening. Seriously... It was about to beat it. ;(

Edit: Definitely should have used Lum Berry like I intended for this run, instead of Focus Sash. ~_~ Damn freeze

Once I get my DSi I'm going to transfer over some more Pokemon and try Castle or Arcade.

I did not know that earthquake wasn't a contact move although I guess that makes sense. Also I included grass under my Focus Sash list because of Abomasnow which can pose problems, but thinking back Focus Sash doesn't even save you from him so a Choice Band works fine there. As for normal type Focus Sash is still preferred, since an Adamant CB Chomp cannot 1HKO the Lickililly with Outrage.

Dark and Ice are always the two most problematic types so always start with those first, since beating 169 battles only to lose to a Weavile would suck. A lot.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
pretty big question here i'm surprised no one has asked or answered yet: do natures appear to be random, or set? the rips indicate that they're set but that was obviously not the case with the DP rips so it'd be cool to know

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
From what I've seen it looks to be set nature this time. I haven't seen a Pokemon yet that doesn't fit the posted nature, though I'd love someone else to look into this just to make sure I'm not missing something.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
The stats of the Pokemon you get at the start of the Battle Factory defintely have a set nature and the Pokemon you get after swapping with the CPU have a set nature. I don't have any hard evidence that the Pokemon in the other Battle Frontier facilities have a set nature, but it feels like they do.

this is kind of lame, I got to the 70th trainer on the single lvl 50 battle tower in platinum and lost to Gallade who I think was holding razor claw. It crit everymove and it was at like 10% hp left. Since I did not get pass 70 I guess I won't post my team.

It's kinda overdone now, but I got a 141 streak in the Battle Hall with Garchomp-

Garchomp
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
31 Atk and 31 Spe, don't remember the rest
Adamant
@Focus Sash
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang
-Swords Dance

I used Dragon Claw untill 90, and then I realized you could tutor Outrage on, so I used Outrage after that.
A Cloyster on Ice Rank 9 froze me and Ice Beamed me to death.
I went along doing the types in order, gradually going up in rank. You guys are all talking about tackling one type at a time. Do you think it would be better to maybe combine the two and take Ice and Dark first, but then do the rest equally?

I would like to get far, but it feels cliched to use Garchomp. Is full out offense the best way to go in the Hall, or would something like Shuckle or Umbreon work well, too?

Eh tried a streak with Azumarill but failed horribly. Electric is next to impossible to beat seeing as you can't OHKO a lot of them with CB Aqua Jet and they fuck you over with Thunder[bolt]. And then there's Focus Sash Quick Attack Luxray...

I guess you could use Sash/Wacan Berry for it but its still ridiculous.

If it matters the level tens I got were Ninjask, Spiritomb, and Raikou, for Bug, Ghost, and Electric respectively.

EDIT- For Battle Hall of course.

Diana

Can I murder Torterra now?

Seriously, I'm trying for the Garchomp in the Hall thing too. And I should be fine against Torterra, right? Until Outrage missed. and Wood Hammer hit and Outrage couldn't KO. I was doomed obviously.

So my singles battle hall streak was 139.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed

Outrage
Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Fire Fang

I'm making another try right after this and will try to keep logs of who I face for research here, so wish me luck!

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
In terms of order, I'd suggest Ice and Dark first. Weavile is pretty much game over for Garchomp and if you are going to lose, lose early so you can start a new streak sooner.
I toyed around in the hall with Garchomp as well (no surprise that we all gravitatited to Chomp considering how good the thing is one on one) and I have to agree that Ice and Dark should be priorities, but more specifically anything with Ice Shard/moves just like competitive play. That in mind, I took on Ice followed by Water and then Dark. I think I lost to a Mamoswine (edit I remember now it was Torterra that I lost to as the previous post mentioned.. Overgrow and Wood Hammer) when I got to Ground after. I can't really remember but the point is to try to cover typings that can hit you 4x SE with an Ice attack first and then move on to the others. I would imagine that Dragon isn't even a concern for Chomp with Focus Sash since Outrage should take care of them all with ease. I'll probably retry a run tonight.. I'm actually more interested in trying 2 on 2 though since there are probably some fun combos you can do. I expect a lot of people will try ghost + exploder or flying + quake.

edit: oh and jump I think your 3v3 Gallade would do pretty well in the hall.. I might try that out at some point.

Got just golden print at hall and still continuing with almost same garchomp at TRE:
170 streak*
Garchomp @ Focus sash
Jolly
252 Atk/Spe 6 HP
-Outrage
-Fire fang
-Earthquake
-Swords dance

BTW, gold prints at all except factory and arcade. I hate those two D:
Got 199 with that, lost for a hypnosis poliwrath >_<

I also made a little streak at battle castle, 58 wins and 316 CP.
Team was:
Starmie @ Expert belt
Modest 252 Spe/SpA 6 HP
-Psychic
-Surf
-Ice beam
-Thunder bolt

Garchomp @ Yache berry
Jolly 252 Atk/Spe 6 HP
-Outrage
-Fire fang
-Earthquake
-Swords dance

Infernape @ Focus sash
Jolly 255 Atk/Spe
-Close combat
-Flare blitz
-Mach punch
-Earthquake

Jumpman16

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
edit: oh and jump I think your 3v3 Gallade would do pretty well in the hall.. I might try that out at some point.
shhhhhhh ;)

also those of you losing to torterra with garchomp may like to know one of the main reason i'd still favor salamence over garchomp: aerial ace. there's a reason i swore by it on my emerald team's salamence and put it over crunch on pearl's scarfchomp, it's just another way to combat hax, and all the better when it has stab.

at first glance the only poke sash salamence would have trouble with with regard to brightpowder/lax incense is the bp jynx, but it doesnt have any speed EVs and therefore sash salamence is actually a better bet against it than garchomp, who has the same chance to miss with the sure ohko EQ/OR, but has no chance to ohko with AA, where salamence does 48% of the time with stab AA because jynx is a pushover. yay for theorymon though because they both suck against that weavile as do a lot of pokes, lol

My streak in the Battle Hall ended at 176 to a haxy Gengar (Hypnosis and no waking up for 4 turns.

My poke was the obvious favorite:

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Swords Dance

I, like others, took on the ice and dark first. I'm glad that I at least came to this strategy on my own before I ever saw this thread :P

My first try through with chomp I used a Choice Scarf on him and I lost to a Slowbro at about 159.

The first poke I tried was Electivire but he just lacks the power to ko things and my streak ended at 91.

Best of luck to all!

Diana

I'm going to try Salamence, Jumpman.. But right now I'm too lazy and I already had an EV trained Garchomp, lol

By the way, don't necessarily go CB against grass-types, Meganium has counter and focus sash can save you big time.

I'll post later with my new streak I'm working on in the battle hall and what I faced, I'm keeping logs of it all.

Regarding Garchomp's Weavile problem in the Battle Hall, I think there might be a way around it for the first 170.
When you take on the 50th battle, your choice is interrupted, and you have to take the ??? block, which is the Frontier Brain there. On my run, I picked Steel, a type I knew Garchomp could handle, but the Pokemon she sent out was Lickylicky. It still advanced the rank in Steel. So, if you did your Ice set 5th (or 9 of Ice the first time and then # 10 of set five is Ice) you could hold off seeing a Weavile on rank 10 possibly. Weavile might show up earlier though, but I think this is a good safegaurd.

Regarding Garchomp's Weavile problem in the Battle Hall, I think there might be a way around it for the first 170.
When you take on the 50th battle, your choice is interrupted, and you have to take the ??? block, which is the Frontier Brain there. On my run, I picked Steel, a type I knew Garchomp could handle, but the Pokemon she sent out was Lickylicky. It still advanced the rank in Steel. So, if you did your Ice set 5th (or 9 of Ice the first time and then # 10 of set five is Ice) you could hold off seeing a Weavile on rank 10 possibly. Weavile might show up earlier though, but I think this is a good safegaurd.
that might save you once, but after you do 170 they are all at rank 10 so you WILL find one eventually.

I lost at 49 on Battle Arcade. So 48 for me.
I was up 3-1 early.
Her Zapdos crit my PZ with Tbolt, my Zappy took 2 bolts and mine got her down to about 1/3. She then Heat Wave'd my Lucario. GG

Porygon Z
252 SpA/252 Spe
Modest Nature- Download
~ Tri-Attack
~ Ice Beam
~ Shadow Ball
~ Discharge(for paralysis)

Zapdos
252 SpA/252 Spe
Modest Nature- Pressure
~ Heat Wave
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power [Ice]
~ Roost

Lucario
160 SpA/252 Spe/96 Att
Naughty Nature- Inner Focus
~ Agility
~ Close Combat
~ Shadow Ball
~ Hidden Power [Ice]

Jumpman16

Friendly warning about the tower, as it caught me out: Palmer's Cresselia now carries Signal Beam and will beat Tyranitar with it.
signal beam is a 5HKO on a 4HP/0SpD EV jolly tyranitar in the sand and an unboosted crunch does exactly 50% to palmer's cresselia on average which means it takes a miracle to not be 2HKOed by sand and also tyranitar is faster, i dont know where you went wrong but the plat addition signal beam didn't really help cress too much

I can't wait to play Platinum (i get it in one week x= my parents refuse to let me buy it myself since they bought it for me as an easter present so i can wait).

the battle hall looks fun, i just have a question (2 actually).

the first is, if i use lucario for the battle hall can i use a dif natured / dif eved lucario later on or must it be the exact same lucario each time?

and i heard that you can switch your movesets as well so would a lucario @ focus sash with sd / exspeed / cc / and alternating crunch / ice punch / bullet punch / thunderpunch be best? that way you dont get stopped randomly by gyarados or salamence. or am i misunderstanding this?

Damn, im 21 in the battle arcade. I just beat dahlia or whatever her name is. hopefully i can be on that list:) So far my team is garchomp, empoleon, and togekiss.

the first is, if i use lucario for the battle hall can i use a dif natured / dif eved lucario later on or must it be the exact same lucario each time?

and i heard that you can switch your movesets as well so would a lucario @ focus sash with sd / exspeed / cc / and alternating crunch / ice punch / bullet punch / thunderpunch be best? that way you dont get stopped randomly by gyarados or salamence. or am i misunderstanding this?
In the Battle Hall, as long as you use a Lucario, the Lucario streak will continue. Any Lucario.

Diana

Well, my latest try at the single battle hall ended at a new high: 177.

It was the same Garchomp as last time, but for reference:

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Adamant Nature
EV's: 4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed

Outrage
Earthquake
Aerial Ace
Fire Fang

I lost to a Gliscor who was faster, didn't die to Outrage, and 2KOed with Earthquake. Another one Salamence would have won, I'll try that someday, but I'll go to another facility next.

However, I said I'd log this for reference and I did, so this is what I faced in the hall. I saw really no pattern to the Pokemon, some were at different ranks even within the same type, but the levels surely had a pattern. Not sure what to make of the Pokemon myself.

Note: Anything posted after the first Pokemon at rank 10 is after battle 170.

ICE
1. Swinub Lv. 29
2. Delibird Lv. 31
3. Smoochum Lv. 32
4. Sealeo Lv. 34
5. Sneasel Lv. 35
6. Dewgong Lv. 36
7. Jynx Lv. 38
8. Piloswine Lv. 39
9. Glalie Lv. 41
10. Abomasnow Lv. 42

DARK
1. Stunky Lv. 30
2. Houndour Lv. 31
3. Poochyena Lv. 33
4. Carvanha Lv. 34
5. Murkrow Lv. 35
6. Shiftry Lv. 37
7. Sharpedo Lv. 38
8. Sneasel Lv. 40
9. Cacturne Lv. 41
10. Crawdaunt Lv. 43

STEEL
1. Beldum Lv. 30
2. Magnemite Lv. 32
3. Mawile Lv. 33
4. Lairon Lv. 35
5. Metang Lv. 36
6. Bastiodon Lv. 38
7. Shieldon Lv. 39
8. Wormadam-Steel Lv. 40
9. Steelix Lv. 42
10. Aggron Lv. 43

ROCK
1. Larvitar Lv. 31
2. Geodude Lv. 32
3. Aron Lv. 34
4. Graveler Lv. 35
5. Bonsly Lv. 36
6. Onix Lv. 38
7. Lunatone Lv. 39
8. Rhyhorn Lv. 41
9. Aerodactyl Lv. 42
10. Rhyperior Lv. 44

GHOST
1. Gastly Lv. 31
2. Shedinja Lv. 33
3. Shuppet Lv. 34
4. Haunter Lv. 36
5. Duskull Lv. 37
6. Misdreavus Lv. 38
7. Drifblim Lv. 40
8. Banette Lv. 41
9. Dusknoir Lv. 43
10. None (Hall Maiden)

WATER
1. Marill Lv. 32
2. Chinchou Lv. 33
3. Horsea Lv. 35
4. Psyduck Lv. 36
5. Poliwag Lv. 38
6. Dewgong Lv. 39
7. Mantyke Lv. 40
8. Gastrodon Lv. 42
9. Seadra Lv. 43
10. Golduck Lv. 45

DRAGON
1. Dratini Lv. 32
2. Bagon Lv. 34
3. Gible Lv. 35
4. Dragonair Lv. 37
5. Vibrava Lv. 38
6. Shelgon Lv. 39
7. Gabite Lv. 41
8. Altaria Lv. 42
9. Dragonite Lv. 44
10. Kingdra Lv. 45

PSYCHIC
1. Smoochum Lv. 33
2. Chingling Lv. 34
3. Meditite Lv. 36
4. Kadabra Lv. 37
5. Beldum Lv. 38
6. Wobbuffet Lv. 40
7. Alakazam Lv. 41
8. Grumpig Lv. 43
9. Lunatone Lv. 44
10. Exeggutor Lv. 46, Cresselia Lv. 50

NORMAL
1. Swablu Lv. 33
2. Hoothoot Lv. 35
3. Spinda Lv. 35
4. Wigglytuff Lv. 38
5. Farfetch'd Lv. 39
6. Pidgeotto Lv. 40
7. Swellow Lv. 42
8. Loudred Lv. 43
9. Chansey Lv. 45
10. Fearow Lv. 46

GROUND
1. Gible Lv. 34
2. Diglett Lv. 35
3. Onix Lv. 37
4. Sandshrew Lv. 38
5. Hippopotas Lv. 39
6. Gabite Lv. 41
7. Rhydon Lv. 42
8. Quagsire Lv. 44
9. Whiscash Lv. 45
10. Gastrodon Lv. 47/Gliscor Lv. 50

FLYING
1. Pidgey Lv. 34
2. Spearow Lv. 36
3. Delibird Lv. 37
4. Swellow Lv. 39
5. Zubat Lv. 40
6. Staravia Lv. 41
7. Xatu Lv. 43
8. Tropius Lv. 44
9. Jumpluff Lv. 46
10. Scyther Lv. 47/Aerodactyl Lv. 50

FIGHTING
1. Tyrogue Lv. 35
2. Makuhita Lv. 36
3. Combusken Lv. 38
4. Medicham Lv. 39
5. Meditite Lv. 40
6. Monferno Lv. 42
7. Machoke Lv. 43
8. Hitmonlee Lv. 45
9. Heracross Lv. 46
10. Hitmontop Lv. 48/Heracross Lv. 50

ELECTRIC
1. Electrike Lv. 35
2. Chinchou Lv. 37
3. Flaaffy Lv. 38
4. Pichu Lv. 40
5. Mareep Lv. 41
6. Manectric Lv. 42
7. Rotom Lv. 44
8. Elekid Lv. 45
9. Raichu Lv. 47
10. Raikou Lv. 48/Rotom Lv. 50

GRASS
1. Oddish Lv. 36
2. Lotad Lv. 37
3. Wormadam-Grass Lv. 39
4. Roselia Lv. 40
5. Chikorita Lv. 41
6. Sunflora Lv. 43
7. Gloom Lv. 44
8. Lileep Lv. 46
9. Sceptile Lv. 47
10. Torterra Lv. 49/Roserade Lv. 50

POISON
1. Skorupi Lv. 36
2. Zubat Lv. 38
3. Grimer Lv. 39
4. Qwilfish Lv. 41
5. Stunky Lv. 42
6. Dustox Lv. 43
7. Skuntank Lv. 45
8. Roselia Lv. 46
9. Swalot Lv. 48
10. Roserade Lv. 49/Victreebel Lv. 50

BUG
1. Combee Lv. 37
2. Pineco Lv. 38
3. Paras Lv. 40
4. Ledyba Lv. 41
5. Beautifly Lv. 42
6. Parasect Lv. 44
7. Armaldo Lv. 45
8. Venomoth Lv. 47
9. Forretress Lv. 48
10. Ninjask Lv. 50/Forretress Lv. 50

FIRE
1. Torchic Lv. 37
2. Slugma Lv. 39
3. Quilava Lv. 40
4. Monferno Lv. 42
5. Houndour Lv. 43
6. Magmar Lv. 44
7. Camerupt Lv. 46
8. Torkoal Lv. 47
9. Ninetales Lv. 49
10. Rapidash Lv. 50/Houndoom Lv. 50

why do so many people keep talking about using SD on lucario in battle hall, if you can at least 3ko the opposing pokemon SD is useless?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)