CAP Server Statistics - March 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Then what are you trying to say? You just used something. These stats are based off regulars laddering in addition to others who ladder occasionally. You're saying you contributed to making Metagross so common, but then you're saying you haven't seen it on the server. That's kind of contradictory though isn't it?

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
Then what are you trying to say? You just used something. These stats are based off regulars laddering in addition to others who ladder occasionally. You're saying you contributed to making Metagross so common, but then you're saying you haven't seen it on the server. That's kind of contradictory though isn't it?

im saying that i have seen it, but recently i havent seen it a lot, like 1ce every 10 or so battles, probably come from people that i havent seen, but that ive been using it recently. and i dont see much of a kitsunoh making meta dissapear...

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
First off, where exactly does Kitsunoh come into this? :/

You've seen it. You haven't seen it a lot, mostly from the people who ladder on occasion. You have been using it recently. Right?

If that's the case, then it seems like you would be contributing more than about 50 or so battles like you said, I think. Again, I'd like to say the the stats are based off of regulars laddering (such as yourself) and the random ladderer who steps foot on CaP. That being said, what's your point?

I think you're overexaggerating this a bit. You HAVE seen it. I've seen a lot of them as well. Not as much as Smogon U, but it's definitely prevalent in CaP. Even the stats prove it. You couldn't possibly attribute for more than a third of the usages if you said you have used it about 50 times.

Speaking from personal experience, I've never had that much luck with Syclant, unfortunately. Scizor running amok these days doesn't help, obviously.

I hate Pyroak's typing. It has next to zero resistances to work off of!
But it does have dual-STAB on Grass and Fire to screw the defensive core of balanced/slightly defensive teams (bulky waters and steels) and is a good switch into Zapdos outside of Latias, Tyranitar and Blissey which are pretty much the only three I'd be confident in switching in to it.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thank you for the stats Doug! Especially the LC ones, I know you are busy and its hard to find time.

Mini analysis of LC stats (will be added to):

With all the options available to it (and its great stats/type) it not a major surprise that Gligar has taken the no. 1 spot with Murkrow's ban, however it is interesting that a relatively defensive Pokemon is so common in such an offensive metagame. Its probably so common as its very easy to fit into almost any team, the ability to set up SR and switch into a majority of Physical threats as well as working as a sweeper (SD or RP), and even the option of a choice set makes it easy to work into most teams. Oddly
61% run Hyper Cutter, maybe because sand teams are strangely rare this month with only 76 Hippopotas. Still its not like Intimidate is common..

Then there are Houndour and Croagunk. Houndour seems to be the best replacement for Krow, but even with STAB Fire moves its lower speed and less sp./attack mean its much more easy to handle. Still something to watch out for, especially lategame against teams lacking bulk or priority.

Croagunk is ever popular for its wide array of priority and decent other attacks (CC, Ice Punch, EQ, Sludge Bomb, Nasty Plot). As usual by far the most common item is Life Orb. Mixed Priority seems the most common and just over a third run Nasty Plot sets. There has been a wave of new HP Psychic varients to avoid being walled by other Gunk and get a surprise KO, and a surpriseingly high number of Ice Punch (44%) given that it is outsped and 1KOd by the main target: Gliger.

The next defencive Poke, Munchlax, has seen an upsurge of Protect+Leftovers. Just under half now run the combination popularised mainly by Vader. Its first three moves are pretty fixed, but in the last slot there are some CurseLax's still around and a few with Seed Bomb or Fire Punch.

Diggy is still quite high, the only recent change is more SR (roughly 35%), and someone who was using HP Dark for some strange reason..

more to come

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Syclant used to be a pretty decent sweeper until scizor got bullet punch, and Revenankh was the most dangerous CAP until Argho ruined it. Pyroak has never really been too good. In conclusion, Scizor and Arghonaut for Uber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)