We're Fated to Pretend

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, well here is somewhat of an original Ubers team that I used last month, and the start of this month. The idea was really to try out a lead that Theorymon told me about, in the end it became about abusing that lead then with a mixture of Wobbuffet and Dialga fooling my opponent into having them do what I want until they can't do anything back.

@ Chesto Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 228 HP/28 Spe/252 SpAtk
Modest nature
- Surf
- Thunder Wave
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

How it works: Here is the lead that makes this team, Thunder Wave Kyogre. The idea behind this pokemon is simple; I beat Darkrai and then I can Thunder Wave the opponents Palkia / Mewtwo, whatever. How Kyogre does against other leads is pretty much what you'd expect. Groudon I come out on top, Dialga is paralysed and at -2 Special Attack. Deoxys gets down SR and Spikes (which I don't care about) and other Kyogre think I am Scarfed as well, so I can cripple them. The beauty of this set is if it's not a Darkrai lead I'm facing, then nine times out of ten my opponent will think that I am Choice, so he will send in his Palkia, or Dialga who then get crippled by Thunder Wave. The EVs may seem strange, but I invested in Speed (though how silly it may seem) so I can still fool my opponent into thinking I'm running Choice Scarf when it's Kyogre vs Groudon lead.

Kyogre in conjunction with my team: Kyogre allows me to do many things because of this unexpectedness of this set. Kyogre can use Thunder Wave on BU (Bulk Up) Dialga, who will then think nothing of it and continue to Bulk Up as I switch in my Wobbuffet, Encore, now I can set up my Mewtwo with ease. Or Kyogre cripples a Palkia who, almost always, carries Choice Scarf. Because I can switch my attacks around, I have a higher chance of netting 2-3 KOes now, if my opponent doesn't realize I am not choice.

---
@ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 120 HP/136 Atk/252 SpAtk
Quiet nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Dragon Claw
- Brick Break

How it works: This is the old standard for Dialga, and I'm very glad that I decided to use this set. It isn't that difficult to understand, I come in on a wall like pokemon, and threaten it out, though because of the nature of this team, he actually more plays as a sweeper than anything else. It is pretty straight forward, I use a Super Effective, or Dragon-type move and watch it crumble beneath Dialga's amazing ability to break walls. Expert Belt cannot go, as without it everyone will assume that I am not choice, giving me a terrible disadvantage. Though Dialga doesn't do much in itself for my team, he can actually be very helpful when it comes to helping me scout / use something as death fodder. I hate how it sounds when I say that he's used for death fodder, but he usually is once a take down my opponents Palkia with a Thunder and they bring in their Groudon only to use Earthquake when I think that they're going to Rock Polish or something like that. Quiet nature because I didn't want to lower my defenses.

Dialga with crippling abilities: Thanks to the Kyogre lead, I now can fool my opponent into thinking that Dialga is in fact scarfed, and luring him into a false sense of security. He can come in at any point in the game and start to hurt walls, though once Wobbuffet comes in I must ruin my bluff of Choice Scarf and start to mix up my attacks (Dragon Claw ---> Draco Meteor ---> Meteor---> Claw type of deal) unless he uses Encore. Dialga servs as a wall breaker / early game scout. When he can't or won't fufill those goals he is death fodder, which is the only thing on this set that is upsetting to me.
---
@ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spe/252 SpAtk
Timid nature
- Taunt
- Calm Mind
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

How it works: Well I was getting pretty damn sick of Mewtwo losing the ability to sweep because of a Wobbuffet coming in and ruining my fun. I decided to try out another idea Theorymon gave me and use Taunt CM Mewtwo. The making of this set is when Wobbuffet comes in on something that doesn't want to die just yet, or is paralysed and just did a stat up move. I can switch Mewtwo in and then use Taunt, to make them struggle, or I use Calm Mind once or twice THEN Taunt. It is a decision of Mewtwo or Groudon who the most valuable sweeper on my team is, I would like to say Mewtwo, but Rock Polish Groudon is extremely helpful in almost all situations. I have tried Leftovers on this set, but I missed certain KOs like Bulk Up Dialga at 100%, or a few other things. This set hates hates hates Scizor, since chances are I cannot OHKO it with a +1 Aura Sphere, and I don't want to switch to anything else on my team in fear of damaga + Wobbuffet. Most cases of a Scizor comes in, I just use Aura Sphere in hopes that I'll get a lucky break and have a critical hit; or my opponent doesn't run any Special Defense EVs

Mewtwo in conjunction with the world: Mewtwo is extremely bulky, and if my opponents team has only one steel-type, most likely being Forretress in this new metagame, then I have an easy time setting up and winning. I'm not bluffing anything on this set, what you see is what you get, a powerful sweeper that is not hindered by the new Wobbuffet metagame. He can take an Extreme Speed from Rayquaza, so I can OHKO back with Ice Beam. The decision of Ice Beam over Shadow Ball is pretty difficult. Would I have prefered perfect coverage for hitting other Mewtwo and Wobbuffet for Super Effective damage? Or is hitting Garchomp, Groudon and Rayquaza more important. I'd go for the latter as they're all terrifying pokemon on their own.

---
@ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 38 HP/220 Def/252 SpDef
Calm nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard
- Encore

Oh no! It's Wobbuffet: I shouldn't need to explain Wobbuffet, in fact if you don't know how Wobbuffet works then this is a serious issue. I bring Wobbuffet in on a paralysed pokemon that is stat upping (Dialga, CM Kyogre... whatever) and then use Encore. I then either go to my Mewtwo, Dialga or Groudon depening on what the threat it. Wobbuffet is the super glue that is my team. Without him I have nothing in which is safe to set up on, and I lose gg. Wobbuffet doubles as a revenge killer if I have no other safe option, but I really hate for him to take such severe damage in this game. Calm nature because I'd rather take a Spacial Rend over an Earthquake (which deals ~50%).
---
@ Life Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 38 HP/252 Atk/220 Spe
Adamant nature
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

How it works: Old Rock Polish Groudon that no longer has to worry about Lugia as the new Wobbuffet metagame has made our favorite great bird extinct. Even if the rare team does have Lugia I can take it out pretty easily with my Kyogre and Wobbuffet. Gruodon just happens to be the icing on the cake. I come in if Wobbuffet has locked something into a trivial move, Thunder Wave, Thunder, Safeguarded Toxic or Will-O-Wisp, then I use Rock Polish and begin my sweep. Though I fall just a little short of OHKOing a Kyogre, if on the rare chance that I have dealt even 12% (fuck Stealth Rocks) to him then I have a OHKO. I hate having to depend on Stone Edge to get a KO on Rayquaza, but Haban Berry has been used a bit more, maening that Dragon Claw wouldn't KO. Dragon Claw is mainly for the Lati@s twins, which are also losing their usefulness.

Groudon in conjunction with Garchomp: Though they share common weakness, and don't resist anything together, they work extremely well together. Groudon or Garchomp come in to weaken my opponents team. The counters for Garchomp / Groudon are the same, so once I have weakened those counters with the rspective pokemon the sweeper because much much easier to set up and actually get off the attack. Groudon helps battle Kyogre, as dumb as it sounds, thanks to the Sun and takes away the double STAB he gets on his Water-type attacks.

---
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Jolly nature
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

How it works: The best revenge killer in the Uber metagame by far. The base 102 speed is a god spend to beat pokemon such as Choice Scarf Palkia and revenge kill the Rock Polish Groudon who run one speed point more than the average Choice Scarf Palkia. Garchomp comes in after a pokemon faints and then uses either a Dragon-type attack or lays down Stealth Rock. you may seem it stupid to put Stealth Rock on a Scarf pokemon, but this is to fool my opponent into thinking I am running something other than the scarf set, maybe a strange new support Garchomp randomly in the game. Honestly people are always complaining that I never include Stealth Rock in this team, and Garchomp was the only pokemon where it can actually fit in a moveslot. So I decided that it was probably worth it, even if I use it once in a blue moon.

Garchomp in conjunction with the end game: Garchomp is a hero to this team because he outspeeds everything not named Scarf Mewtwo / Darakrai. He can easily clean up all the pokemon that are linering in the 30-50% range and can kill a +2 Rayquaza, if the time has come to do such a thing. There isn't a whole lot to say about Garchomp since he's a revenge killer used for end game cleaning.

---

Team Issues
SoT+
Magmortified
Thechocolatebunny
MS w/ Arceus
Shedinja
Ho-oh
Kyogre

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Add MS to team problems ^_^. Haha, although I was using Arceus :).

Mmm if you are that worried about Ho-Oh (although it is barely used in my brief ubers experiences) run Stone Edge on Garchomp. Lugia is dying out though, so Stealth Rock is probably more useful (and still hurts Ho-Oh) but it's always an option. I don't like the fact that once Kyogre switches in (especially Specs versions), something is 2HKOed at least. A mixed Palkia over your Dialga is probably the best option, so you have something that can actually switch into any move. The worst case scenario is that you're paralysed and die, and then Wob revenge kills or Groudon sets up. Playtest it and see if it works, although you know more about ubers then me so you might be able to play around it already.

Hope I helped.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll go try Mixed palkia, it is a good set and still can bluff a choice set, which was the main point of Dialga. Alright, I'll go try it.

What do you mean when you say you hate having to use stone edge to KO dialga? Did you mean you hate having to Earthquake Palkia?

Also how does this team fare with SDrayquaza. It seems like wobbuffet is the only thing that can take a +2 LO dragon claw but if entry hazards are down even that might not go. Groudon isnt bulky enough to switch into a dragon claw or possibley even survive one. Garchomp seems like the best check to it if but +2 LO extremespeed does 80-94% meaning any prior damage means garchomp dies and there's even a small chance to OHKO with SR. A scarfdialga could help out with this but than kyogre still means that something dies

Matthew

What do you mean when you say you hate having to use stone edge to KO dialga? Did you mean you hate having to Earthquake Palkia?

Also how does this team fare with SDrayquaza. It seems like wobbuffet is the only thing that can take a +2 LO dragon claw but if entry hazards are down even that might not go. Groudon isnt bulky enough to switch into a dragon claw or possibley even survive one. Garchomp seems like the best check to it if but +2 LO extremespeed does 80-94% meaning any prior damage means garchomp dies and there's even a small chance to OHKO with SR. A scarfdialga could help out with this but than kyogre still means that something dies
Honestly SD Rayquaza has never ever been an issue for me, between my entire team he can rarely find a chance to set up, even if he does Garchomp takes the hit like a champ (since most Rayquaza's run Jolly). Scarf Dialga can replace Garchomp, but the counters are not the same for Groudons, making it harder to cripple the pokemon that worry me. Also Scarf Dialga cannot Revenge kill as easily as Garchomp can. It's just a matter of what you want. I feel more safe with Garchomp than I do with Dialga.

Matthew

I see way more adamant SDray than jolly and he can easily set up on garchomp if it uses Earthquake or the rare Stealth Rock
Garchomp uses Earthquake not very often at all, actually I could probably argue that Stone Edge would be more useful to Garchomp than Earthquake is right now. So pretty much Earthquake has no use, Outrage is the move that Garchomp will use every time, and the odd Dragon Claw if I don't want to be locked in just yet.

SoT Abuses power

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)