Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

In Battle Tower,
I think you mean Battle Hall.

Edit: I don't know if this has been discovered yet, but it is possible to skip a battle in the Battle Hall. If you select a battle for your 50th or 170th battle, then you will fight the Matron instead of who you are supposed to fight. I know this is probably known, but it does have some practical uses. (Skipping rank 10 Ice and rank 10 dark?)
It's been discovered, and it's not really much help because you'll want to do Ice and Dark first anyway. If you wait to 50 or 170 to do those it's no good because they get too strong. After 170 you don't fight the Matron anymore and you'll have to do Dark and Ice again eventually.

I think you mean Battle Hall.

It's been discovered, and it's not really much help because you'll want to do Ice and Dark first anyway. If you wait to 50 or 170 to do those it's no good because they get too strong. After 170 you don't fight the Matron anymore and you'll have to do Dark and Ice again eventually.
You could start off with 9 Dark and 9 Ice, then save the Rank 10 Dark and Rank 10 Ice for the two Matron battles.

I finally have Platinum so I can now do this stuff, yay me! Reading up on some of the facilities the Battle Arcade is going to be the hardest one by far with no held items, and the battle being determined by a game board randomly.

I finally have Platinum so I can now do this stuff, yay me! Reading up on some of the facilities the Battle Arcade is going to be the hardest one by far with no held items, and the battle being determined by a game board randomly.
Unless you have no timing skills, it's not all that difficult to constantly screw over your opponent. The only time I've ever gotten outright screwed by Arcade is hitting "Random" for the next event and switching teams w/ my opponent for the Random round (which was essentially a team that could not ever hope of beating my own).

My suggestion is stack up on self-healing-capable Good Stuff; until Random broke my streak, I was unbeatable with Scizor/Latias/Zapdos with Roost/Recover/Roost + attacks on each.

Also, always have something to kill Shedinja in every facility. I cannot emphasize this enough because the computer busts it out on early levels in every building ever and you'll lose every time against it.

I am going to use this post to keep track of my records.

Battle Factory Open Level: 32 Win Streak

I thought I was doing well, but my team of Arcainine, Sceptile, and Feraligator got take out by Golduck, Wishcash, and Porygon-Z. Not much else to say.

Battle Hall Open Level: 226 Win Streak

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Sand Veil
Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang
-Stone Edge

It did what Choice Band Garchomp does best and OHKO almost anything in sight. Surprisingly, Bronzong gave me some problems (taking me down to about 5% HP ) because it turned out to be Heatproof and I locked myself onto the weak Fire Fang because I couldn't risk getting locked onto EQ against a levitating Pokeomon. At one point, my Outrage missed against Piloswine and it's Ice Fang left me at less than 1% HP and froze me, but I immediately thawed to OHKO with Outrage. I was eventually taken out by a Swords Dance Focus Sash Scyther who scored a Critical hit with X-Scissor.

I am going to use this post to keep track of my records.

Battle Factory Open Level: 32 Win Streak

I thought I was doing well, but my team of Growlithe, Sceptile, and Tododile
Growlithe and Totodile? You had NFE Pokémon against ur 32th opponent ?

Platinum, Battle Arcade,singles 42

Togekiss
Timid 252 hp 152Spatk 104spe
-Aura Sphere
-Roost
-Air Slash
-Nasty Plot

Lucario
Jolly 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 Def
-Close combat
-Ice punch
-shadow claw
-Extreme speed

Tyranitar
Jolly 252 Atk 252 Spe 2Hp
-Crunch
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Fire punch

3. Pure power. Seriouisly, do more damage to them before they do damage to you. It's a strategy I have used in the past that has never worked for me in the long run... And this time was not a exception.

4. I raped the first pokemon with Togekiss being taken down to yellow baecause of set up with nasty plot. Then a Machamp came out and I was sure I had it only to have Air slah miss and have Togekis be raped by Stone edge. I sent out Lucario knowing that the Machamp would slaughter Tyranitar, and hit him with close combat. It didn't knock him out, but he used dynamic punch and missed, and I finished him off with extreme speed. The guy then sends out a Gliscor and I think "Sweet, raped by ice punch!" No. He was faster and used earthquake, knocking out Lucario. Then I pulled out Tyranitar and had him dragon dance, and the gliscor used counter. I used stone edge and missed, and he used counter again. I use stone edge again, hitting him for about 66% damage, and then raped by counter.

5. This wound just had salt thrown in it by the loss of my stylus...

Well, I am pissed. I just lost in the Battle Factory due to horrible hax. If anyone's interested in seeing the match for themselves, check out battle video 91-83735-05611.

I had a really weird team... Flygon (#859), Electivire (#749), and Whiscash (#647). I didn't want to use Whiscash, but he was the best 3rd Pokémon I could grab (and didn't get any swap options after my first 2 games that were any better for my team either). Now onto the details of my loss:

First, my Flygon's Stone Edge missed TWICE against a Pinsir, who tried a Guillotine (miss), then killed me with an X-Scissor and an Earthquake (how dare it mock me by KOing Flygon with Earthquake... screw Mold Breaker) after the 3rd attempt at Stone Edge hit and left him with about 1/3 left. Electivire came out and KO'd Pinsir with a T-Bolt. Next up was Donphan. I switch Vire out for Whiscash in attempt to OHKO with Hydro Pump. Donphan uses Earthquake on the switch and leaves Whiscash with less than 1/2 left. I click Hydro Pump, only to be greeted by a QUICK CLAW and a Seed Bomb for the KO. Praying for a miracle critical hit (and a good matchup between him and my opponent's unseen 3rd Pokémon), Electivire comes back out, uses Psychic (no CH), and is taken down by EQ.

Battle Factory Open Level (Single Battle): 30 wins, 15 swaps

maybe this has already been posted and it doesn't makes a big differince but just in case, I thought I'd share with y'all ;

Let's say we have a flawless bold Uxie, givin this Ev spread:

252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Sp. Def : EV's.
182 HP / 182 Def / 166 Sp. Def / 115 Spd : Lvl 50 stats.

Now let's give a flawless bold Uxie this Ev spread:

252 HP / 124 Def / 124 Sp. Def / 8 Spd : EV's.
182 HP / 182 Def / 166 Sp. Def / 116 Spd : Lvl 50 stats.

Notice how Defense and Sp. Def give the same stats on lvl 50, while takin 4 ev's from both. Now I used Uxie as an example, where the remaining 8 EV's (giving 1 more speed point) don't make a differince in outspeeding anything in the tower, but this might come in handy when your EV training other pkmn for Battle Tower use.

note; I used Serebii's IV calculator.

please correct me if I'm wrong.

You're right. Level 50 stats won't be exactly half the stats would be at 100. That's why you can't use any sub-pinch berry strategy at both level 50 and level 100. If you want to use that strategy at level 100, you'll have to train your Poke until level 49 and enter it like that, which is how to get your HP to be divisble by 4 both there and at level 100. For your Uxie, it'll still be short 1 point in each defenses at level 100.

Lalalalala so wordy. >_>

Just tried Battle Factory last night and lost on the first battle in open level with a team of froslass,crobat,togekiss vs. whiscash,lapras,and I forget the other one. I had the choice of getting a grass type between sceptile and venusaur but, opted not to (dumb decision):( In level 50 I lost on battle 2 on a beautifly, what went down was I had shedinja,bronzor, and stunky. I switch out shedinja as up against a murkrow is pretty much a KO for shedinja to my Bronzor who takes 60 damage from Faint Attack bringing me down to 57 HP so not wanting to risk a KO, I switch to Spinda and he takes a hefty amount of damage from Murkrow's Wing Attack but, I'm still left with enough I think to survive another Faint Attack, or Wing Attack. I thought wrong when Murkrow hits me with Faint Attack and one KO for the Murkrow so far. I then switch Bronzor back in who is just dead weight as I know he won't be able to survive another Faint Attack. So I'm down to Shedinja and it has Shadow Sneak which I decide to use which manages to KO the Murkrow. Oh, I forgot to mention an important detail, the Shadow Sneak KO was made possible because my Bronzor had previously weakened the Murkrow down to less than a quarter health with Ancientpower. Next out is Beautifly and I, not knowing anything about Beautifly's moves or anything it gained in Platinum, and I did this before knowing that there was a Battle Factory guide here in this thread so.....I proceed to Shadow Sneak which does half damage, and it of all things uses AIR CUTTER!!!!! I now know that you can pretty much get destroyed by anything you're not prepared for in the Battle Factory, like a crazy psychotic Murkrow:)

Edit: Just realized that this thread doesn't have the movesets for the Battle Factory pokemon, I'm recording them down anyway just for my information.

I'm just now trying to get into playing competitively on wifi so I've been playing factory for the past week or so. Most pokemon seem to have 2-3 sets with one being a Physical sweeper, one being a Special sweeper and one with a more defensive twist.

In singles I reached 20 with 8 trades by just picking out strong revenge killers and stuff with solid coverage. I ended up losing against a timid Latias that I didn't expect to outspeed and wipe me, I actually would've won but his Exploud critted my Blastoise bringing it into LO self-KO range.

In doubles I just finished a 32 win streak with 20 trades. I pretty much just sought out the fastest guys I could find and focus fired someone round one to get an early advantage. I ended with a Gliscor, Drapion, and CB Nite. My opponent's Gengar critted Gliscor and his Marowak's Earthquake OHKOed my Drapion. Stone Edge from the Marowak took Dragonite down and it was over.

I'm working on my tower team and as soon as it's ready I'll have more updates!

Battle Factory is fun and annoying at the same time. My first run through, I made it past 21, until I got crit'd by a Dragonite on my Swampert. So close...

My 2nd attempt got to 38 with 12 tradeds I think. There are some pretty awesome Pokemon in the Factory. My loss was my Dragonite vs. a Regice, in which the Dragonite only had special attacks.

One of my favorite Pokemon in the Factory is the Focus Sash Destiny Bond Mismagius. It almost always takes out two Pokemon before going down.

i love myself because i played excellently and literally never had a chance for when i lost

140 wins in Battle Hall

I used:

Garchomp@ Choice Band
Adamant
Aprox EVs: 56 SpA / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Order I did was Ice, Dark, Ground, Water, Normal, Psychic, Flying, Rock, Steel, Electric, Grass, Ghost, Fighting, Bug

I did one round of Fire against the maidon battle which is how I ended up with 140 and not 139.

I was doing amazingly good and cleared everything tough but unfortunately, I did not count on Bug being the hardest to clear. After surviving Scizor, I ended up against Scyther which means auto loss unless I fire Blast and burn. I fire Blast, he survives with Focus Sash as he Swords Dance, and then X-Scissors for the easy OHKO.

I can't wait to do this again with mence

I used:

Garchomp@ Choice Band
Adamant
Aprox EVs: 56 SpA / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Crunch

I was doing amazingly good and cleared everything tough but unfortunately, I did not count on Bug being the hardest to clear. After surviving Scizor, I ended up against Scyther which means auto loss unless I fire Blast and burn. I fire Blast, he survives with Focus Sash as he Swords Dance, and then X-Scissors for the easy OHKO.

I can't wait to do this again with mence
I used the same exact Pokemon as you (except Fire Fang over Fire Blast and 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe) and lost the same way. Who thought Scizor would be such a big threat? Salamence will probably be much better as it resits X-Sciccor and gets acces to intimidate + enough power to OHKO level 88 Wobbufett with Choice Band Outrage (it takes Garchomp 2 hits and risks a Counter OHKO). The one time I ran into wobbuffet it used Mirror Coat on my outrage allowing me to safely get the 2HKO.

I havent gotten very far yet but I just started in Battle Hall. I'm using:

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Jolly 4HP/252ATK/252SPE
Outrage
Earthquake
Stone Edge
????? - Don't know what I should use here. Any suggestions?

EDIT: LOL @ Lati@s allowed in the Battle Hall

I havent gotten very far yet but I just started in Battle Hall. I'm using:

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Jolly 4HP/252ATK/252SPE
Outrage
Earthquake
Stone Edge
????? - Don't know what I should use here. Any suggestions?

EDIT: LOL @ Lati@s allowed in the Battle Hall
Fire Fang would be the obvious choice.

Due to some recent circumstances, I have had a lot of time to spend with my Platinum version as of late. Here's what I've got so far...

Battle Arcade: 55
Naive Arcanine
-Flare Blitz
-Overheat
-Thunder Fang
-Extremespeed

Modest Empoleon
-Surf
-Grass Knot
-Ice Beam
-Agility

Adamant Hitmonlee
-Close Combat
-Mach Punch
-Stone Edge
-Bulk Up

I ended up having a really close call against Arcade Star Dahlia... Started out with Arcanine against Blaziken, Arcanine coming out of that with about half health and going down the next turn against Zapdos. Hitmonlee came out next, since I was pretty confident he wouldn't die to anything Zapdos had and Paralysis wasn't going to be a threat... But Air Cutter crit. Empoleon was last, and since I was sure I wouldn't make it out against Zapdos AND Togekiss without some speed, I chanced Agility, hoping that I would live and activate the Peyata Berry I got a few rounds back... Which I did. Empoleon ended up Ice Beaming Zapdos and Togekiss with only 7HP left [didn't have Extremespeed, I guess].

I lost round 55 against a Tentacruel / Flygon / I forgot with the Deep Fog field effect... Started with Arcanine against Tentacruel, and I used Thunder Fang to bring it down to the point where Empoleon could manage it even after using Agility, since I didn't think Empoleon would die and I would be able to sweep the remaining two. That part went off without a hitch, Flygon comes out next, I use Ice Beam... And I missed. Empoleon was killed by an Earthquake, and Hitmonlee followed on the next turn.

I have these still active:
Battle Hall (Single): 170* CB Garchomp
Battle Castle (Single): 49* Arcanine, Scizor, Salamence
Battle Factory (Single Open): 49* (13 Trades) [As of just a few minutes ago, this is the one I've been hammering away against for the last while]
Factory record image [phone camera = really shitty picture]: http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9592/0418091904.jpg

Honestly, I was planning on going for the Battle Tower print as soon as I finished with the Factory... But the Factory is great [note; I never had Emerald]! Really frustrating at times, but I like the concept of it, especially since I don't have to spend more of my time training new teams than actually doing the challenge.

Platinum Battle Tower Singles

Streak ended at 81

This team is based on Salamence Dragon Dancing and the sweeping the team, or switching in either Metagross or Snorlax in to take an attack that Salamence can't take.

Salamence *Life Orb
Naughty
232 attack 24 special attack 252 speed
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast

Decided to base the team off of Salamence to try out the toy (Outrage) Platinum gave hime. If I am not expecting a rock, ice dragon attack, or paralysis, burn, or sleep then I dragon dance. For physical rock, ice, or dragon attack coming from something Salamence can't OHKO before being hit I switch to Metagross. For sleep or special attacks Salamence can't take I switch to Snorlax. A fighting type that may have ice punch is the most worrisome. I just Outrage immediately when facing one of them. He uses up a lot of white herbs with intimidate to ruin the schemes of some opponents (happens farely often).

Metagross *Choice Band
Adament
252 Attack 252 HP 6 I forget

Meteor Mash
Thunderpunch
Earthquake
Bullet punch

Pretty standard. Thunder punch needed for water types. Bullet punch for Weavile and Aerodactyl mostly, since switching into them is one of Metagrosses jobs. Depending on Meteor Mash over many battles kind've sucks due to accuracy.

Snorlax *Leftovers
Careful
252 special defence The rest split between HP and Defence

Body Slam
Crunch
Rest
Sleep Talk

all special attacks besides STABed fighting attacks are taken care of. Having a partner with intimidate is a nice benefit for snorlax. Mine has a Defence of 102 so an opponent that is intimidated makes Snorlaxes Defence effectively 153, letting him tank hits from both sides. And the AI rarely switches to negate this.

I lost to one of the eevee evolution teams. When an Umbreon came out I had my Snorlax out and snorlax did negligible damage while it cursed twice and then it was too late when I finally decided to switch to my hard hitters. It could easily moonlight off any damage my team could throw at it. Looking at Umbreons stats, it probably would not have made a difference if I had switched immediately, since after one curse Umbreons defence is incredible. I may switch metagross to my agiligross who knows explosion, or find a good special attacker to throw in there. A toxic staller would probably work well. Having something with Taunt might be good. A pseudo-hazer would not have done it since Umbreon was the last poke on the opponents team. Scizor might be a good replacement (the lack of resistance to rock isn't good though). I would prefer something that could switch into attacks. Suggestions welcome. Actually my Milotic would probably do the trick, especially since it would be coming in on physical hits that were already intimidated. Oh well, rambling now.

My thanks to Peterko for this thread.

Surpassed my Single Battle Hall streak, this time falling after 302 wins.

For reference, the info on my 225 win streak
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1855119&postcount=85

Again used Salamence, but made some changes to it.

Firstly, I replaced the Choice Band with Focus Sash. After seeing the success of the Focus Sash Garchomp that populate the leaderboard, and realizing the safety net it gives you against QC hax, I decided to give it a shot.

I also made two changes to Mence's movepool, replacing Stone Edge and Fire Blast with Aqua Tail and Flamethrower. As I mentioned before, Stone Edge saw no use, while the effectiveness of Aqua tail against Rock/Grounds would help offset the power drop from no Choice Band (I take facing Rock/Grounds seriously as they have ended all my previous streaks.) Flamethrower over Fire Blast was an accuracy thing, and so far i haven't been in a situation where I've regretted not having the extra power (have been in a few situations regretting Fire Blast's accuracy though).

I lost to

H283|Golem|Brave|Quick Claw|Stone Edge|Earth Power|Hammer Arm|Sucker Punch|Atk/SpA (yes, a Rock/Ground)

due to a combination of hax and my own curiosity. Interested in seeing how much EQ did, I received a nasty shock when QC activated, resulting in a Stone Edge hit while EQ failed to OHKO (as I expected). QC activated again, stone edge hit and my streak came to an end.

Had a few close calls with this streak. First one came around battle 190 where I faced Weavile. Just for fun I used Flamethrower and was rewarded with crit+burn hax, allowing me to continue my streak.

Next close call came against this:

H409|Umbreon|Relaxed|Leftovers|Facade|Sucker Punch|Confuse Ray|Moonlight|Def/SpD

Someone (lone?) mentioned that you need a large amount of attack + CB to 2HKO this thing, and he's not kidding. Non-CB outrage from Mence is a 3HKO and Umbreon is quite content to stall you out with Moonlight. After about 8 turns the Umbreon was sitting on ~50% while my health had been whittled down to 12HP due to a combination of confusion and Facade. Fortunately hax intevened again in the form of an Outrage crit, KOing Umbreon. I later learnt never to Outrage 1st turn, instead using EQ first then following up with Outrage. It appears that the damage a 1st turn Outrage will do will cause the AI to select Moonlight next turn. However EQ doesn't set this off so when you bring it into KO range with Outrage on the 2nd-turn Umbreon uses Facade rather than Moonlight. Provided you don't get confused it should be a easy KO.

Surpassed my Single Battle Hall streak, this time falling after 302 wins.

For reference, the info on my 225 win streak
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1855119&postcount=85

Again used Salamence, but made some changes to it.

Firstly, I replaced the Choice Band with Focus Sash. After seeing the success of the Focus Sash Garchomp that populate the leaderboard, and realizing the safety net it gives you against QC hax, I decided to give it a shot.

I also made two changes to Mence's movepool, replacing Stone Edge and Fire Blast with Aqua Tail and Flamethrower. As I mentioned before, Stone Edge saw no use, while the effectiveness of Aqua tail against Rock/Grounds would help offset the power drop from no Choice Band (I take facing Rock/Grounds seriously as they have ended all my previous streaks.) Flamethrower over Fire Blast was an accuracy thing, and so far i haven't been in a situation where I've regretted not having the extra power (have been in a few situations regretting Fire Blast's accuracy though).

I lost to

H283|Golem|Brave|Quick Claw|Stone Edge|Earth Power|Hammer Arm|Sucker Punch|Atk/SpA (yes, a Rock/Ground)

due to a combination of hax and my own curiosity. Interested in seeing how much EQ did, I received a nasty shock when QC activated, resulting in a Stone Edge hit while EQ failed to OHKO (as I expected). QC activated again, stone edge hit and my streak came to an end.

I'll post more on Strategy later. I'll also post a screen shot for verification, however don't expect that for another few days
It probably should have Sucker Punched you anyway, what health were you at after the Stone Edge?

Anyway, why are you using one set for the whole streak? I thought you were allowed to change it up depending on what type you face?

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
updated

the battle hall single top 20 is full now, salamence (#1, #2 and #3) ruling over garchomp is interesting

please don´t send me PMs with your records, I am updating the list regulary

for battle factory, people who don´t state whether their record is lv.50 or open level won´t be listed...I am no psychic you know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)