CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 10 - Name Poll 4

What should CAP 8's name be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back, so I'll be in charge of CAP 8 for the remainder of the project. A huge thanks to CyzirVisheen for taking over on such short notice and for doing such a great job!

Our Pokemon so far:

Type: Electric / Dragon
Style Bias: Somewhat Defensive
Build Bias: Mixed, possibly Special
Ability: Shield Dust/Static
Stats: 108 HP/60 Atk/118 Def/112 Sp Atk/70 Sp Def/80 Spe

This will be a clicky poll. Select one of the following options:

Nimbus
Knightofthewind said:
Nimbus is my final submission.
Cyclohm
Hohahihehu said:
Since I've seen a little support for it:

Final Submission
Cyclohm

Cyclone, which is a storm, and Ohm, a unit of resistance which on an electric pokemon implies bulky. Or refers to it's 4x resist to electric.
Atmosfere
Thorns said:
Third time, my final submission is Atmosfere. The best part is it's not thunder word + dragon word, really.

Since Teslacoatl is gone Cyclohm sounds the best. I am not a fan of Atmosfere/fear. Nimbus is good but it feels a little to fast.
Cyclohm sounds pretty cool, and for once, I think I am pronouncing it right. (SI-klom... right?)

Cyclohm is definitely the best name up there, even though I don't really like it. Atmosfere is just terrible to be honest, and Nimbus sounds so egyption like and is better suited for a dog in my opinion.

I've already said this:

Nimbus = A pokemon nickname.
Atmosfere isn't that creative, although we have seen pokemon like torterra and houndoom, so I wouldn't put it past Gamefreak.

I'm left with Cyclohm, which is a good name. Very creative, and the reference is very loose so that it sounds more like a name rather than a play on words or something.

and Nimbus sounds so Egyptian like and is better suited for a dog in my opinion.
But Nimbus is Latin in origin :c

I remember back when everyone complained about Fidgit. After that, it was Kitsunoh. Well, look at what you're stuck with now. In the present, however, I expect to see some upset people on the server and in #cap. Maybe darkie will make a kick-script.
They're still complains about those name but only in small bursts.

Atmosfere.
Cyclohm is a quite mediocre name in my opinion =/
I mean, Cyclohm? =/
Doesn't exactly sound like Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, or Garchomp to me. All such BANG, Shell-schock kind of names. Cyclohm is so tame. Like a middle-evolution's name.

Traiclone would be okay. Anyway. Nimbus doesn't really sound like a dragon, so Atmosfere is the best name up there left, IMHO.

come on guys, nimbus. please vote nimbus. Well, anyways the three suggestions thus far are better than spiffy of late.

I suppose Teslacoatl lost because people didn't understand it, or were having a hard time pronouncing it. An argument about the intelligence of voters could probably be made here, but it's too late.

On the positive side, Spiffy is also out. So we're left with the three mediocre choices.

I have already stated my opinion on the matter, and what I would do if Teslacoatl didn't win. As I am a man of my word, I must now (not unwillingly) refer to CAP8 as Thunderdick.

As for the poll, I don't think I'm going to vote. The three are equally poor to me. Maybe if enough like-minded people choose against voting, something can still be done.
I second this post. I will abstain and may very well refer to it as Thunderdick.

Cyclohm just doesn't match for me.

Went with Atmosfere, but I'd prefer either of the other two over Cyclohm.

Well, Teslacoatl is out, and with that, there aren't any decent names left.

I remember back when everyone complained about Fidgit. After that, it was Kitsunoh. Well, look at what you're stuck with now.

I guess people got used to Fidgit and Kitsunoh, because nobody seems to care any more. Maybe that will happen here.

In the present, however, I expect to see some upset people on the server and in #cap. Maybe darkie will make a kick-script.

I suppose Teslacoatl lost because people didn't understand it, or were having a hard time pronouncing it. An argument about the intelligence of voters could probably be made here, but it's too late.

On the positive side, Spiffy is also out. So we're left with the three mediocre choices.

I have already stated my opinion on the matter, and what I would do if Teslacoatl didn't win. As I am a man of my word, I must now (not unwillingly) refer to CAP8 as Thunderdick.

As for the poll, I don't think I'm going to vote. The three are equally poor to me. Maybe if enough like-minded people choose against voting, something can still be done.
I second this post. I will abstain and may very well refer to it as Thunderdick.
I don't know what you're complaining about. Fidgit was never a terrible name, and none of these names are in the same realm as GHOSTEEL. All three are decent names, and we should be happy we don't have the terrible choices we've had recently (Past two-three CAPs).

Also, if you have ever gone to the CAP server, you can nickname your pokemon.

On a lighter note, I voted for Cyclohm.

Well, at least now all the choices are fitting. Still supporting Atmosfear, but I could probably learn to like the other two.

I don't know what you're complaining about. Fidgit was never a terrible name, and none of these names are in the same realm as GHOSTEEL. All three are decent names, and we should be happy we don't have the terrible choices we've had recently (Past two-three CAPs).

Also, if you have ever gone to the CAP server, you can nickname your pokemon.

On a lighter note, I voted for Cyclohm.
I was never really complaining. And I suppose I don't completely agree with the entire post, because I do like Fidgit's name.There were plenty of decent names for this CAP (in fact, I abstained from the initial vote because I couldn't decide which one I liked best) but the three remaining names just don't seem right. Fidgit works for a lighthearted little spider, but does Nimbus really strike you as a bulky three-headed dragon? Cyclohm sounds like a Flying-type, and this thing doesn't even levitate. And Atmosfere has taken enough complaints, so I won't even address that. Yes, these names are creative, but I don't think they fit the Electric Dragon...

Before anyone starts complaining about nazi moderators, whatever deleting my post, I want it known that I just deleted it myself. Beej has made me see that I was stirring up controversy over a name poll of all things, and that really isn't what CAP is about, nor is it my usual style.

While I do feel very strongly on the subject, I don't want to create any more controversy like the stuff that has already been present in this CAP.

Personally, yeah, I'm calling it Thunderdick. If you like that name better than any of those choices, go ahead and use it yourself. However, CAP8 will have an official name and it will be one of the three choices allowed in this poll. You can't change what's done.

Besides,

tennisace: you'll get tired of thunderdick halfway through cap9
tennisace: believe me
billymills, we're friends. And while I've never had a problem with Fidgit or Kitsunoh, you as a #cap regular must know full well the amount of hate people had at the time. Like I said, they got over it.

Vinyacoire, we haven't met, but, while I appreciate the support, I don't want any kind of arguments happening here.

Went with Nimbus. Well, that guy is a... nimbus cloud with lightning-like heads. Nothing fits it better than that. Although I find Nimbus to be way too simple...
And we could give it wheels.

Vinyacoire, we haven't met, but, while I appreciate the support, I don't want any kind of arguments happening here.
I don't want any arguments either, I was just explaining why I'm abstaining. I actually abstained from the last vote as well because I didn't care for the other two much more, if that makees you feel any better. Apologies to anyone else if it's taken the wrong way.

I was never really complaining. And I suppose I don't completely agree with the entire post, because I do like Fidgit's name.There were plenty of decent names for this CAP (in fact, I abstained from the initial vote because I couldn't decide which one I liked best) but the three remaining names just don't seem right. Fidgit works for a lighthearted little spider, but does Nimbus really strike you as a bulky three-headed dragon? Cyclohm sounds like a Flying-type, and this thing doesn't even levitate. And Atmosfere has taken enough complaints, so I won't even address that. Yes, these names are creative, but I don't think they fit the Electric Dragon...
Fidgit is supposed to be a spider?

Now I hate it even more.

Voted Cyclohm, but I don't understand why that name got up there; there were plenty of other anmes that suited this CAP waaay better and actually made it sound dragon-y. Besides, it has nothing at all to do with a cyclone other than being some kind of manifestation of a thunderstorm.

Why Teslacoatl? Why? It was a great name, but guess, now thas it is, unfortunately, out of the way, Cyclohm sounds by far as the best option, mainly because of Atmosfere sounds like a mispell and Nimbus doesnt have that "punch" I like in pokemon names(maybe its just me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)