Sidd's Warstory on Double Cups [VGC Warstory]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, good read Siddarth, and congratz on going to St. Louis. To those who were wondering, BlueKiKatana=Michael Macias (spelling?), who was part of the JAA finals in New York and Worlds 2008 in Orlando. Berton Bailey was a quarterfinalist from Worlds 2008.

Yeah, Berton does not = BlueKikitana. I know both of them and they are definitely not the same person.

Nice job though, I think I saw you battling. I was the guy in the Red Sox cap for the majority of the day. I watched a lot, so chances are you saw me but didn't notice. :P

Yeah, Berton does not = BlueKikitana. I know both of them and they are definitely not the same person.

Nice job though, I think I saw you battling. I was the guy in the Red Sox cap for the majority of the day. I watched a lot, so chances are you saw me but didn't notice. :P
Yes, I actually do remember you, because I kept a special lookout just for you since I saw your picture in last year's VGC holding an inflated Pokeball, I knew you looked familiar, but I definetely do remember the Red Sox cap. I had a green DS lite by my side when I was battling and I had a crystal necklace, along with a white t-shirt and sweat pants, while wearing a pink sackybag.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Thanks for the shoutout Sidd, I knew you would do well, I had faith in you!

Also Berton =/= BKK

Berton is the guy all the way to the left, while BKK is the one wearing the white shirt and facial hair.

Congrats on your win Sid! It's nice to know you are going to St. Louis. Mind teaching me doubles sometime?
Sure, but I should warn you I'm not the greatest or good as some others, but yeah, sure I could teach you the basics.

I'm shaking in my boots... it's so upsetting to drive there and not get picked
I know how it feels, I almost decided not to go just since there was a lottery, and if I don't even make it in, that'd have upset me so much. But just believe in yourself and have some faith, luck will come your way.

Thanks for the shoutout Sidd, I knew you would do well, I had faith in you!

Also Berton =/= BKK

Berton is the guy all the way to the left, while BKK is the one wearing the white shirt and facial hair.
Yeah zero! I'm surprised, but happy! Man, BKK looks so alike, but this team he's gained weight and wears glasses. A few of these guys look familiar, love the t-shirt zero!

Hey Siddarth

It's Vinh/Arkerus, well I was lurking around smogon forums for the first time and I came across this post hehe. I don't remember much(got a bad memory on these things) but i'm pretty sure I got you with a taunt on dusknoir on the first turn. I don't have protect or waterfall on my gyarados. But i used Ice Fang and not waterfall. I thought you were going to explode on me after you sent gross out hehe so i just used protect on gross(couldn't save gyarados unless i switched out and sacrifice another). But yea gg! People loved your shinys hehe.

But yea i'll see you at Nationals.

Congratulations on your success at San Francisco. I liked the story.

By the way, you forgot to put an item name for Snorlax when you listed your team. It says that your Snorlax has Sassy as an item O.o. But anyways, Congratz

It's Vinh/Arkerus, well I was lurking around smogon forums for the first time and I came across this post hehe. I don't remember much(got a bad memory on these things) but i'm pretty sure I got you with a taunt on dusknoir on the first turn. I don't have protect or waterfall on my gyarados. But i used Ice Fang and not waterfall. I thought you were going to explode on me after you sent gross out hehe so i just used protect on gross(couldn't save gyarados unless i switched out and sacrifice another). But yea gg! People loved your shinys hehe.

But yea i'll see you at Nationals.
I'll change that, I knew something was wrong, but yeah, I'll change it.

I know, the crowd was like "OHHHHHHHHH' and "WOW". I still remember a few of those kids saying 'stupid cheater' and I'm all like wtf? But yeah, it was a gg, thank god I faced you in the semis, else I'd have been knocked out before w/o the ticket to St. Louis.

I'll change that, I knew something was wrong, but yeah, I'll change it.

I know, the crowd was like "OHHHHHHHHH' and "WOW". I still remember a few of those kids saying 'stupid cheater' and I'm all like wtf? But yeah, it was a gg, thank god I faced you in the semis, else I'd have been knocked out before w/o the ticket to St. Louis.
Good job sidd, and I agree with deisel about the writing of the battles better. You should have saved the last one. Did they do hack checks on your pokemon once you mad top 8?

Good job sidd, and I agree with deisel about the writing of the battles better. You should have saved the last one. Did they do hack checks on your pokemon once you mad top 8?
They hack-checked during Top 16, and yes, they did. All of them came up perfectly legit, they use an AR of their own to hack-check, or a R4, it was either AR/R4.

congrats man! It is good to see smogoners do well. Did anyone say anything about the all shiny team?
Yeah, some just stared at me in awe, others attacked me by saying 'hacker', but they were Juniors, so who cares? The guy who checked my Pokemon said they were all legit, which I knew anyways.

Congrats man, glad to see you did well. Wish you hadn't lost to the Stealth Rock team...

I don't get why you would use Spiritomb and why you wouldn't use Focus Sash on Weavile.

Congrats man, glad to see you did well. Wish you hadn't lost to the Stealth Rock team...

I don't get why you would use Spiritomb and why you wouldn't use Focus Sash on Weavile.
Well, Focus Sash is good and all, but I went for power rather saving myself. I'm not sure why I used tomb either, but Sucker Punch did save me in Game 2, so I'm all happy for that. I have to change my team, so maybe this team I can actually prepare.

I wouldn't have advised using Weavile, either: dies stupidly easily and can't really do much anyway. I ran one as part of my first VGC team draft, and it just failed. With pretty much every team having a Metagross, Weavile just isn't worth it imo. I replaced her with Toxicroak and now the team simply works a million times better. Plus Scizor turns up every now and then in the VGC practise teams I've been facing, and he completely destroys Weavile with bullet punch to an even greater extent than Metagross. Gengar would be far superior in the role that you currently have Weavile filling imo- he loses fake out and some speed but in return gains immunity to enemy fake out, ability to damage steels and explosion. I don't think you're able to change your team though, are you?

Well a focus sash is like having double the power because it allows you to attack twice or three times, whereas with Life Orb you pretty much get OHKO'd by everything.

glad to see all my hard work wasn't for nothing. xD

also glad to see you manned up and took all shinies to compete with. =P

good luck in St. Louis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)